It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 262
<< 259  260  261    263  264  265 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone else is watching CNN at the moment..

if not, they just aired a segment called, "Can we control the weather?"

They discussed how governments have used new technology to seed clouds in order to make rain, create snow, and calm winds...

Then they started talking about the recent tornados and how they can 'aim to make them less deadly in the future;.

OMG...they are talking about this stuff on freakin' CNN?????????

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Just noticed this one and
what stood out was the location 35.8N 89.9W
That is an area that was flooded by the mississippi river in arkansas
Wonder if it was the water? Depth was 5.2 miles?

Magnitude
Date-Time
Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 01:41:39 UTC
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 08:41:39 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
8.3 km (5.2 miles)
Region
ARKANSAS
Distances
5 km (3 miles) ENE (62°) from Dell, AR
8 km (5 miles) NNW (327°) from Burdette, AR
9 km (6 miles) SW (230°) from Blytheville, AR
85 km (53 miles) N (359°) from Memphis, TN
307 km (190 miles) S (176°) from St. Louis, MO
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 0.4 km (0.2 miles); depth +/- 0.8 km (0.5 miles)
Parameters
NST= 26, Nph= 41, Dmin=8 km, Rmss=0.2 sec, Gp= 76°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=B
Source
Cooperative New Madrid Seismic Network
Event ID
nm052611a
Link

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72f00d4a3d13.jpg[/atsimg]

ISS027-E-027019 (12 May 2011) --- Parts of two states highly impacted by recent flooding of the Mississippi River, are pictured in this International Space Station image featuring an area east of Blytheville, Ark., off the right side of the image. Center point coordinates are located at 35.8 degrees north latitude and 89.7 degrees west longitude The areas of Ruckers Place, Tenn. and Tomato, Ark. are surrounded by water, while Barfield, Ark. is still dry behind the levee on the right side of the image. North is toward the bottom of the photo.

Link

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Here's some propaganda I've found,
this site is being advertised on websites,

energytomorrow.org... ign=LIB%2BAdvanced%2BDrilling%2BBanner%2BAd

The frontlines of battle are expanding,

North Carolina is targeted,

www.wcti12.com...

North Dakota has been on the auction blocks for quite some time and there's a never ending stream of articles promoting the gas fields.

www.oilandgasonline.com...~c=771+s=773+r=001+l=a

I've often thought I missed my true path. I sometimes think I should have played the game and become extremely wealthy. With my wealth I could then invest in the future and promote alternatives to oil.

So, if you want to become wealthy and then change the world, invest in rare earth minerals. But remember to wait until after the correction in the fall. China has stopped exporting. Investing in rare earth minerals will be akin to owning stock in the oil companies before they started hitting the gushers and before oil became the foundation of our economies and the basis resource energizing our civilization.

www.officialwire.com...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Fracking England.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Germans give up on nuclear energy.
What is their alternative plan?
Fracking?

www.bbc.co.uk...

Forgot a couple links....

www.energydelta.org...

newswatch.nationalgeographic.com...

edit on 31-5-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
Fracking England.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Germans give up on nuclear energy.
What is their alternative plan?
Fracking?

www.bbc.co.uk...

Forgot a couple links....

www.energydelta.org...

newswatch.nationalgeographic.com...

edit on 31-5-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

You beat me to it Robin.
Funny how they start drilling we get another small quake ... coincidence ?
Yes the 2 quake have been extremely small, but I personally think that it's the Fracking that has caused them.

2011 05 27
Depth:1.9
Mag: 1.5
BLACKPOOL,LANCASHIRE
FELT POULTON-LE-FYLDE

A couple of links below.

www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk...
www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Hi all.
Picked this up the other day, glad the company involved is taking this link between fracking and earthquakes seriously, and has stopped work for the moment.
It needs keeping an eye on.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Volcano / Earthquake Watch June 1-5
www.youtube.com...

They mention the NM in this watch along with many others.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
Volcano / Earthquake Watch June 1-5
www.youtube.com...

They mention the NM in this watch along with many others.

Nice find Susan. I wonder how accurate he has been so far ...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Towards the end when they are talking about the southern hemisphere, he mentioned Chile, and there was a 5.1 off shore, 9.9 miles NNE of Lebu, bio-bio Chile. And also a 6.2 in the same area just before that.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Reply to post by opal13

Sorry, but from my phone I don't know how to link the info from the usgs site.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not to sidetrack your thread, but above is the link for a Fracking in Blackpool thread - incase any of you good people want to add anything

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
WOW! Was sitting here watching my local Fox channel and a 90 second commercial came on about how technology is allowing us to safely and efficiently remove natural gas buried in rock. No real surprises through the first 60 seconds of the commercial, but the last 30 seconds sort of shocked me, and through me for a loop. According to this commercial there are "individuals, politicians, and organizations" that prefer we continue buying our energy from Governments that openly support terrorist groups who are killing and /or trying to kill U.S. citizens and "brave soldiers". Of course I have seen many fracking commercials in the last several months, but none of those commercials have ever insinuated that those of us against fracking are helping support terrorist organizations.
I am curious to know if this commercial is running locally or if it is Nationwide. Of course I am certain that there are few, if any, that participate in this Thread that agree with what this commercial is implying, but I am curious what opinions are as to how effective this commercial might be on the average person who really has know knowledge of fracking.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

The average person knows nothing about fracking.
Most of the media knows little, and is only now awakening to the realities of the "clean" burning fuel.

Hell, I was duped as well. I was all for using natural gas. Hey, it was natural.
And I only found out about the dark side of the fracking process a year and a half ago. Gary told me about the practice. Then I did some digging. Then I watched Gasland. Then I set out to write to you all about it.

Gary knew I was obsessed with water. Groundwater in particular. He wanted to know what fracking could around Yellowstone. When I contemplated fiery geysers, I knew it had to be stopped. Like in a bad sci-fi flick, I could see a disaster on the horizon, and like the lone nut running around trying to warn everyone.
Call me Chicken Little.

The average person know nothing about the War on Terror.

Daddy, what's the War on Terrror?
Did it start on 911?

No, my son. The war is nearly one hundred years old now. There was no official start to the fighting. The war is a battle to control resources in order to fuel the new war machines. The war on terror start when nations changed their ship engines from steam to oil. Their new tanks had diesal engines. So, the colonial powers started manouvering to control oil reserves. Many countries were already involved in covert wars before the start of World War I.

The most aggressive country was England. (i was a soldier in the Canadian Army (i cry- we used to wear blue helmets) for a short stint, i swore an oath to the Queen, i've earned the right to dissent- and speak the truth) England didn't have it's own source of oil, so it need to gain control of somone else's oil fields. They chose to conquer the Ottoman Empire. The Germans were already allied with the Turks, so there was a bit of a problem. That problem would cost millions of lives.

During war there is a stradegy of lying to the public in order to wage a psychological war against their enemies. It's called propaganda. England, after the Second World War could no longer maintain their empire. Understanding their weakeness, they entered into an alliance with the U.S.A. The Anglo-American Alliance. (BP-Libya) Together, they would campaign to control the oil reserves of the old Ottoman Empire.

The war in Iraq did not start in 2003.
Nor did it start in 1991.

The British were carving up Mesopotamia in the 1920's.

en.wikipedia.org...

And if you want to talk about Afghanistan, the British were waging wars there as far back as 1839.

en.wikipedia.org...

I could go back even farther, but lets stop there.

So, the war for oil started 100 years ago. But the war on terror, was already established as a way to justify colonialism a long time before that.

The average person knows nothing about fracking.
The average person knows nothing of the enviromental disaster in the Niger Delta.

en.wikipedia.org...

The average person is too busy with the stress of modern life, like working too hard to make money to fill up the gas tank, heat and cool their homes, to know anything beyond what they're told.

The average person knows almost nothing of history.

Remember, we, in the Anglo-American Alliance are in a state of war. Afghanistan. Iraq. Libya.
In war there is censorship. There is propaganda.
The commericals you watch are propaganda.

Hollyworld is cooperating with the Military.
Didn't you see?
There was a Battle of Los Angeles.
There is a battle for hearts and minds.

So those minds, and hearts, can spill blood for oil.

Average minds.
Average hearts.

The first causualty of war is the truth.
We create the truth. We create the terrorists. We perpetuate the war.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's all propaganda.
It's all terrorism.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
WOW! Was sitting here watching my local Fox channel and a 90 second commercial came on about how technology is allowing us to safely and efficiently remove natural gas buried in rock. No real surprises through the first 60 seconds of the commercial, but the last 30 seconds sort of shocked me, and through me for a loop. According to this commercial there are "individuals, politicians, and organizations" that prefer we continue buying our energy from Governments that openly support terrorist groups who are killing and /or trying to kill U.S. citizens and "brave soldiers". Of course I have seen many fracking commercials in the last several months, but none of those commercials have ever insinuated that those of us against fracking are helping support terrorist organizations.
I am curious to know if this commercial is running locally or if it is Nationwide. Of course I am certain that there are few, if any, that participate in this Thread that agree with what this commercial is implying, but I am curious what opinions are as to how effective this commercial might be on the average person who really has know knowledge of fracking.

Those commercials run on CNN, multiple times a day. So my guess is national.

It's disgusting because they try and pass it off as though it is the best alternative in the world, and look at how many jobs they are creating, therefore they are the salvation of the "world".

I watch them and want to reach into my TV and punch people. More like the "destroyer's of the world!"

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
www.npr.org...

yesterday`s show had a segment on fracking. The link to the recording of it is on this page, and is downloadable.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Earthquake Interview with Scott Ausbrooks on NPR

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

I don't know if this has been mentioned on the thread but wow!

France bans fracking, and deep water drilling in territorial waters

Passed by 287 votes to 186

Edit: You will love this one. Scroll down to and play the video. It is in French but I don't think it meeds translating!!

edit on 4/6/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
There is show on now about how man is creating disasters,not by HAARP or global warming ,
but by the structures and dams they build.
One topic was about the pressure of water on the earth possibly creating earthquakes.

Man-made earthquakes? Tornadoes caused by U.S. cities? Volcanoes activated by humans? NGC examines how efforts to harness natural resources can trigger natural disasters. Watch how a Chinese dam weighing as much as 3,000 Empire State Buildings caused tremors that claimed the lives of 90,000 people. Witness how another dam could trigger mudslides that bury millions. Investigate how growing urban areas can cause tornadoes and how mining and drilling have activated deadly mud volcanoes. Read more: channel.nationalgeographic.com...

channel.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The 4.2 in Mo. knocked down a light fixture in our house it's now hanging by the wire. I think the fault they found is a lot longer than they think....
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Adding a photo link to my facebook page.
www.facebook.com...
edit on 7-6-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 259  260  261    263  264  265 >>

join