It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 261
<< 258  259  260    262  263  264 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
You folks have some heavy weather moving through.

Sure hope they got all those barrels out of the creek before all that rain washes downstream.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Sure is quiet around here. I hope that in a good way. I really feel for those folks in Missouri, we're getting another bad storm tonight in E KY. If there was ever a time to get your survival gear ready, it's time to be ready for everything Mother Nature is throwing at us. The seismos for AR show little quivers, but nothing major. 3.0 in CA and 2.something in NV. Stay safe all, but please check in when you can and let us know what's happening with you.
It's like I woke up and everybody is gone. Or it means I got left behind. I know not funny given all the hoopla and crap and all. I got a prediction, maybe I will start a thread....all this rain, mosquitos and viruses, ewwww. Sorry, just got to rambling on.

Anyway, check in folks, I miss our regulars. Lightings and thunder overhead, but thankfully low winds tonight.
Blessings all.....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

Hi Sunflower,

It has been quiet on the thread. I've been looking at the seismo's a few times during the day and it has been pretty calm. It has been nice not feeling the quakes when there have been some. The 2 injection wells have been stopped for another 60 days here so no need to go to the meeting in Ft. Smith tomorrow. There are lawsuits that have been filed and more are in the works. It would be nice to see an end to all the injection wells here.

I too feel horrible for the people in Joplin. It is a nightmare and my heart and prayers go out to them.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Today my mother-in-law asked me if I`d felt like the bed had been swaying back and forth lately (since last fall). She lived in California years ago, and said she`d been thru tons of quakes, but had never felt anything like what she`s felt lately.

I told her she`s not crazy, just feeling what we all have been feeling.

Made me wonder if the people here are afraid to talk about what they are feeling.... I guess if more spoke up, maybe more questions for the State to have to answer.

It really struck me that she was so sure the quakes here "feel so different". She seemed very confused and concerned. I told her I`ll show her some screenshots of webis and GEE so she`ll not worry so much about her sanity!

I`m not sure whether to be happy or concerned that things have been quiet (quake wise). I hope its the injection pause, and not "Mama Earth" holding her breath getting ready for a tantrum!

I hope the weather stays calmer than the forecast. My heart is so broken for all who have had to deal with the twisters this year. I know that here,anytime there is a cloud in the sky its a potential nasty producer.... one of the things I`ve had to get used to living in Arkansas!

Stay safe ,all!!!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Susan, I am incredibly proud and grateful for all the work you have put into bringing this out and into the mainstream. Your being on Dateline was extremely brave and so effective! I feel it was Robins incite and commitment that brought all this together. Our strength in numbers and skills is beginning to pay off. Shutting those wells is still paramount. Because there are so many variables that affect that whole region, but the stopping of the fracking has completely demonstrated the cause.
Kudos dear friend. And sorry for the scattered thoughts above, I was bouncing all over the place. But sometimes we have to move around in order to see the bigger picture. Stay safe all.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I guess everyone on here has gone to sleep, it was such a terrorfiying time last night everyone was up.

The map below is showing from OK, Midwest, and the entire Eastern part of the US completely covered in Moisture echos. They are not haarp rings but moisture in the sky. If it all came down at once the entire
eastern part of the US would be underwater. Scary. I pray for all those in Joplin and I know that any bad weather now would just terrorfiy the childern and adults.. God help them all, and all my friends on this thread that will probably last longer than me. Best bunch of people on ATS. Sunflower I have never replied to you but I have read all of your posts. You are a very big hearted young lady. Supper Star.

Map of Moisture
radar.weather.gov...
edit on 5/24/2011 by coolottie because: forgot the link

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Bad news today on the fracking front.
They have decided to begin drilling again in Blackpool (UK - England) after it was halted a couple of months back due to a small quake.

www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk...

The world is going to S**T

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

DL12- its good you can show her the screenshots. Do you use GEE, heres another link if you don't already use it www.geology.ar.gov... I generally pick Wooley Hollow, has the least truck traffic interference. It will help her see what she is feeling. I'd like for her to find a way to describe how AR quakes are different from CA quake since she was use to CA's.

Hope all is well. take care.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Coolottie, that is one kewl map! I put that one in my favs. It will also go in the resource list.

I read your post too. Thanks for the complement, I am hardly young, but big hearted yes, have to guard it carefully. This world needs our compassion, for each other as human beings and this ground we tromp on. I feel we are beginning to make progress with the fracking in this area. Just gotta finish the job and stop it for good. This is an industry practice that needs to be reconsidered all the way around.

Plumbduff- I am so sorry to hear they will be starting up in th UK. Take a look at the resource guide at www.abovetopsecret.com... I cannot stress enough how you need to plant the seed of information that this should not be happening anywhere. I just saw a commercial about an oil exect saying fracking started with an idea, and it was a good one. Are you kidding me? This is not the way to harvest resources, we need alternative energy resources that do not harm this planet, its got enough problems without creating more.
There are many UK members, start a thread, do some research on UK energy. Use the resources in our bibliography as a good start. Get the media on this, or at least get this into the hands of active activists!

Let us know if you start a thread on UK fracking, we will support and engage in there, so information becomes available.

Much peace and hope.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Plumbduff

I hate to hear this. Sunflower is right you have to get the word out somehow and our bibliography on this thread is great and if you are not on facebook there are many groups and one worldwide that have lots of information as well from all over the world of the fights against and the dangers. Use the tools and resources and bombard as many with the truth as you can. Wishing you the best.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

Dragonlover we all know she is not crazy.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I use GEE and have the WHAR and X40 webis loaded during most of my waking hours. I keep a file on my desktop called "webis" and keep daily screenshots of the webis. I also keep screenshots of any "quivers" from GEE as I catch them.

My mother-in-law said the quakes in California were more of an up and down movement with a jolt. Her description of these are more of a swaying back and forth with underlying shaking. I think thats why we get "sea-sick". The ringing in the ears has got me puzzled, other than the possibility that very tiny movement is messing with our balance.

I hope to NEVER feel another quake ,of any variety!!!!!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Dang it! The fuel companies need to be funding this 100%. With what they charge us for home and automobile fuels, they have more than enough to afford the 25K, thats a drop in the bucket! That just fries my fritter! Trust me they have tax incentive/evasion and research and development. Why the heck are we having to fund our own protection? WT*?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Scott Ausbrooks from the AR Geological Survey will accept calls on KUAR 89.1 NPR's Science Cafe at 6:00PM central. Tonight 5/24 The call in number will be given out at the beginning of the program and at intervals. TONIGHT!

UALR Public Radio | FM 89 KUAR
www.kuar.org

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
Scott Ausbrooks from the AR Geological Survey will accept calls on KUAR 89.1 NPR's Science Cafe at 6:00PM central. Tonight 5/24 The call in number will be given out at the beginning of the program and at intervals. TONIGHT!

UALR Public Radio | FM 89 KUAR
www.kuar.org

I hope Robin is compiling a list of questions as I type!

Give 'em hell, Susan!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Doors and windows just rattled here for about 30 seconds a few minutes ago with light shaking. 1st time in days, don't see much on the stations.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Got some activity tonight:

Earthquake Details

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude 2.5
Date-Time Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 01:41:39 UTC
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 08:41:39 PM at epicenter

Location 35.875°N, 89.990°W
Depth 9 km (5.6 miles)
Region ARKANSAS
Distances 5 km (3 miles) ENE (66°) from Dell, AR
8 km (5 miles) NW (326°) from Burdette, AR
9 km (6 miles) SW (228°) from Blytheville, AR
84 km (52 miles) N (359°) from Memphis, TN
307 km (191 miles) S (176°) from St. Louis, MO

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 0.5 km (0.3 miles); depth +/- 0.9 km (0.6 miles)
Parameters NST= 18, Nph= 30, Dmin=7 km, Rmss=0.2 sec, Gp=115°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=A
Source Cooperative New Madrid Seismic Network

Event ID nm052611a

USGS

ETA: This one is much closer to Memphis.
edit on 25-5-2011 by UtahRosebud because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

There is more activity going on than is showing and they aren't saying anything about it anywhere...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Sorry UtahRose, you can't count on me to do too much thinking at present. Me shut my brain down and it's only idling. Like when your starving, you shut down luxury fuctions.

I'd just like to say that things on the earthquake front are still diminishing. I'm not commenting on the unrecorded movements. I don't dispute the accounts and think there is something larger taking place. But I can't articulate my ideas at the moment.

The clusters are now not even clusters. They are one-offs. There is still a regularity to the tremblors. But they don't have the same energy. I'm glad they are not starting the injection wells. I was sure they wouldn't, because like I stated, if they did, they would be proving the correlation. And the gas boys don't want the conclusion to be conclusive. They want to keep some doubt hanging in the air so they can keep the other injection wells operating.

FOG OF WAR
edit on 26-5-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 258  259  260    262  263  264 >>

join