It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robinesque Ruminations

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

That's good. I was thinking they were moving to Faulkner County.

The "crack", or line of earthquakes form a line 10 kilometers long. There are at so many fracking rigs I've located in the area, it's hard to count them all. There are over thirty within a 10 kilometer radius. Maybe more. Haven't got that far yet. Most are to the west and to the north, then running eastward from the northwest. There are frack wells within 1 kilometer of the quakes.

How on earth can geologists be saying that fracking is not responsible and point the finger at deep well injection?
It way well be a combination of them both.

Could they be using old frack wells for disposal?

They're disposing chemical weapons in Arkansas.
But where?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
If I could rip open my heart and show you what's inside, this is what you would realize.

I have something to tell you all and you need to listen. I'm old and tired but still have a long way to go. I spent the first fourty years of my life learning. Now I'm ready to tell my story. And the story is not unique and original. I am only at the center of it because I can see everything and it's all around me. I understand the grand scale and can see how the future is really no different than the past. So if you can listen, then I can tell you a story and that story will explain almost everything else that connects you to it all. And connects you to me.

I have come to a deep understanding. Nothing is truly mysterious to me anymore. But that doesn't mean it's not awesome. And I can't put it all in my head all at once. It's about looking around and putting what you see into it's proper perspective.

My job is to write and reflect the truth that I find in the world and tell you what it means. That is all I can do. Think of this space as the tall mountain where I sit. I have found many answers and love to share. All you have to do is ask.

So your job is to listen to the story. And then tell that story to someone. Bring them to me when they want to know more. I cannot force anyone to listen. But I must speak to you all. Because it concerns you all. It concerns the whole planet.

Here's the simple answer. Our pursuit of fossil fuels will be our undoing.
Let me count the ways.

Do not expect a world where temperatures rise ever higher along with the oceans. It will not be a water world. It will be an ice age.

It's all about time.

It's physics.

It's acceleration. Civilization is racing. And it's out of pace.
edit on 19-1-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
My head hurts. I was just adding the new quakes in Arkansas to my google map. There is an obvious cluster. From that center of that cluster, if you draw a circle around them with a 10 km radius, you will find at least 30! drilling rigs. The last quake had a few rigs within a kilometer or two.

To find any answer, you math and then check the history. Then understand current social trends. Mash it all up in your head and you will have a picture. And a picture is worth a thousand words.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Quakes for the last 7 days from the USGS KMZ on Google Earth.

Fayetteville Gas Play Central map covering the Guy area.

The map legend
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/262b409001d9.png[/atsimg]

The central map portion overlaid onto the Google Earth image.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thank you. Great job. There's even an injection well nearby. There are wells right beside the earthquakes.

Do you understand how the geologists can say that the quakes aren't caused by fracking?

You should have a look at the wells on Google Earth. They're easy to find. And some people have them in their backyards.

edit on 19-1-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Do you understand how the geologists can say that the quakes aren't caused by fracking?

Yup!

They would be liable for many law suits if they admitted it!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

You are exactly right. When I read that geologists said that it wasn't from fracking I was in disbelief. The only thing they pointed to was the possibility that it may be from the disposal injection wells. Otherwise, they say it's probably regular faulting.

I guess I was just being naive. And it's not that I'm ignorant. I just want to delude myself and want people to always speak the truth. The reason they said that it wasn't from fracking is because there is no scientific documentation concluding that the process causes quakes. Given that the practise is only now starting in run full bore, there was little oppurtunity to conduct long term studies. This may be the first obvious event where a swarm has been initiated by fracking. So the geologists don't have anything to back up the accusation if they were brave enough to make it. But the question needs to be asked and then there needs to be investigation. I really do understand why they haven't blamed the gas companies. They can't.

And this is exactly why they've brought up the fact that it may be from disposal wells. That's documented. They still can't make the link until they do all the math. It would be a circumstantial case at best. Being that this is the reality, I am quite certain the officials and the company know what's happening. I guess that's why I'm saying it's so- because I can.

Tell me you see it. Tell me you think it's the biggest long-shot that it's all normal.

You've already done enough for me. But can you send me a link to the gas well map from Arkansas. And could you find a page that has gas production wells for Wyoming.

I've been cross referencing your map with my google map. I can locate most, but some don't seem to be where they should. Minor thing really.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I was going to load some more stuff but the media server appears to be down. I will try again tomorrow.

I have a 365 day plot of locations. Try to put it on the map but it is very difficult to fit!

The three Arkansas areas are here

I am trying to find something on Wyoming - seems most things Wyoming you have to pay for!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Fancy a little light reading?

All you ever needed to know about shale gas in the US

Modern Shale Gas: A Primer

116 pages of information from the US Department Of Energy.

Fracking 101 (A project still in progress)

edit on 19/1/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I need a well location map for Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania.
There's a swarm in Oklahoma as well. Lots of fracking. Running down a swarm in Pennsylvania.

Lots of connections.

I'm not the only one who is upset by fracking. I found a You Tube Video of a meeting of residents who are very, very angry. Watch and imagine this was happening in your backyard.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Oh boy I so wish I had been at that meeting, I would have torn that guy to sheds!

Rarely are earthquakes not connected with orogenesis or volcanism yet this person attributes an intra-plate specific and VERY localised swarm to tectonic plate movement? Sheesh - let me at him!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I have a mass of stuff on Oklahoma which i will need to go through but these PDF files should point you in the right direction.

Oklahoma 2008 drilling highlights
Oklahoma 2009 drilling highlights

You will find various oil/gasfield maps at the Oklahoma Geological Survey.

Edit to add: Looks as if this - Pennsylvania Geological Survey may be what you want but I have not looked at it yet.

More editing:

See this page about brine problems www.dcnr.state.pa.us...

This paper was originally written in 1985 and submitted to the Pennsylvania Geological Survey for publication soon after. To our regret, a combination of circumstances at the Survey in the intervening years prevented it from being published. Now, in 2010, interest in the report has been renewed because of the brines and related problems being encountered in drilling and production of gas from the Marcellus shale.

Arrogant b's. Read between the lines - we did not think it was a problem so the report was rejected now it is a problem - and one of the writers has become a Professor Emeritus so we can't really ignore him.

Got it! Marcellus Drilling Permits (PDF)

edit on 20/1/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I'm glad you're following the trail with me. It gets lonely tracking down the big mysteries all by myself.

We have three swarms on our radar. Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. And the common link in all of them is they are in states with drilling and fluid injection disposal.

I'm busy today, but tonight when I get home I'll start digging again.

Did you watch all the videos from the Arkansas meeting? Click on the person's channel to find the rest.

Maybe you can check and see if the earthquakes in Arkansas fall on weekdays as opposed to weekends. Just curious.
edit on 20-1-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Just added Marcellus drilling permits.

See above. I will take a look at the days later. Have to go dig the garden!

Eastern Gas Shales Project Dozens of very large PDF files.
edit on 20/1/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Of the 715 quakes I looked at over a 365 day period there were 478 on a weekday and 236 at the weekend.

(715 / 7) * 2 = 204 so @236 quakes on weekends there were marginally more at weekends that during the week.

Having said that my feeling from the data is that more quakes were apparent starting on a Wednesday and running though into the weekend. I would need to go through manually to flag each day- but not tonight!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Can't write. Tank empty.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
www.wreg.com...

www.cbc.ca...

www.cbc.ca...

V for victory. My dad was born in Sackville.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Have a fill up!

He also points out that the sudden deaths of large numbers of fish would be most naturally explained by the evolution of poisonous gases from vents in the ocean floor. Alexander von Humboldt (1822) summarized the then accepted theory as `elastic fluids seeking an outlet to di ffuse themselves into the atmosphere' being the cause of earthquakes. Thousands of fi sh, many of a nature previously unknown to local fishermen, were found floating on the water in Monterrey Bay on the day of the destructive San Francisco earthquake of 18 April 1906 5;p:63. Similar reports come from Japan. Hydrogen Sulphide, highly toxic to fi sh, is a likely candidate, killing the bottom dwelling fi sh that are not normally caught.

Source

Actually the whole of this is very interesting and relevant to gas and shale.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
San Francisco, four days before 1906 earthquakes a film was made from the front of a trolley car. You can see the water standing from heavy rains in the days before the big quake.

www.cbsnews.com...

There had been heavy rains in the months preceeding the quake,

"While weather patterns may not cause earthquakes, they may influence the amount of damage caused by an earthquake. Prior to the 1906 San Francisco earthquake, several months of heavy rain had caused the ground beneath structures to become jelly-like, translating to greater shaking of buildings and more overall damage. The rains didn’t cause the earthquake, but they made its result more severe."

I say the rains did contribute. Part of the process. Heavy rains dissolve rock as they travel through aquifer. The gas migrates. Accumulates, and then pockets rupture. Dead fish.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join