It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robinesque Ruminations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This is a strange one, born of a request by Robin Marks, and is intended to be a repository of the more 'way out' theories in relation to places like Yellowstone, earthquakes etc.

Despite the subjects being way out we do not wish to depart from a scientific perspective however, so this is real fragile earth stuff and not a skunk works thread.

Is Hudson's Bay a meteorite strike or an old caldera should get you going.

The caldera theory is not just shared by Robin. There is another - whose name I will find and post later.

So anything that is more way out in terms of scientific theory is welcome, but please keep it to the realms of things that realistically could be the case. No suggestions that the earth's magnetism is caused by millions of hamsters on a large wheel at the centre of the earth.....Mm on second thoughts......

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
In the Yellowstone thread Robin said

I keep thinking that if you make the circles and post the map, you will notice that the chain is just like Yellowstone. So it's on topic. Yellowstone caldera overlap, but they are much more haphazard than mine. The eruptions in Hudson Bay were much larger and that's why you get perfect circles.

The problem is that I don't know where the circles are supposed to be. Someone else also had a look, but none of us have come up with an answer so enlightenment would be appreciated.

The map will indeed be posted when I know how I am supposed to draw it.

[edit on 6/4/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Do you know the Lake Victoria in Uganda, Africa?
www.gym-nw.de...

There, animals often die of gas ... and the lake has a beautiful Calderaform.

Smaller earthquakes occur there frequently.

Officially he is not a super volcano ... OFFICIALLY

link   
I love this idea. I look forward to the many interesting and thoughtful posts that are sure to come.

I will be back!

link   
then ill feel free to post Edgar cayces predictions from the early 20th centery ...

www.scribd.com...

i found more of them when my mother had me google him last night ,

he predicted WW 11 30 years before it happened , whats going on now in regards to chiles 8.8 , bajas 7.2 was predicted by him over 70 years ago , have a read at the link , its scary stuff .

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thank you. I admire your hard work. Most of it goes over my head because I'm not a techy, but I appreciate the outcomes and infromation.

Step one. The Map

To plot the center of the circles you need to watch the video. I explain how I did it with a paper map and a protractor. The first circle is the most obvious one. The near perfect semi-circle in the southeastern portion. Just north of James Bay. You simply extend the arc and make a circle. The others form when you find the other arcs in the Bay. The next two circles should intersect the center of the other circles. If have any trouble after watching the video ask me to clarify. I believe one of the circles should run through Churchill Manitoba. They have found geological evidence that show an anchient shoreline from 400 mya.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
then europe....
not very known of supervulcano's...
but a big monster is sleeping in Italy......
no it issend vesuvius...
the beast is called ..
Campi Flegrei

en.wikipedia.org...

remark that the vusuvius is nearby..
and the new discouverd europ's biggest strato-vulcano Marsili also
problem ...3000Mtr high and 500mtr UNDER water
with his magmachamber fully loaded and very weak flanks of mountain...
capable of going off any moment......

www.physorg.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
for those who are interrested in nostradamus..
here an link with all his century's and quatrains in it..

nostradamusquatrains.com...

and to keep it spiritual..
the seven seals......

take a look at the 4 bowl.. hihi
www.keyway.ca...

[edit on 6-4-2010 by ressiv]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Austria

Is this one of the ones that belches CO2 from time to time?

I was trying to remember the name. Limnic eruption

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I was just a little frightened there for a moment. I just posted my thanks to Puterman, and giving him the instructions for the kooky geometry of my idea, and when I refreshed the page, I noticed a bunch of other people were here and beat me to the punch. It freaked me out. I'll leave that thought there and continue as I intended.

Welcome everyone. I'm tired of the bullies telling we amatuers that we can't fully understand the science we are trying to discuss without a degree. That's arrogant. The only thing I want here on this thread is absolute respect for one another. And since I'm the most frequent offender when it comes to stretching the topic into other areas, I believe in a wide range of opinions and ideas. But if there is no restraint, then there is chaos. So we should have an aim. And it's still broad enought to cover almost anything, that aim should be trying to understand the planet. This is a spin off of a thread on a volcano. And my obsessions are volcanoes, evolution, history, and civilzation. Please watch James Burke's Connections, or find his writing and you'll understand what I mean. It is all a thread. So let's try to connect the threads. Try to connect what you are talking about to what seems to be the conversation at hand. Read back a few pages at least. Connect it to the context, and then have a good link or reference to back it up, which will help to inform all of us.

Now a very personal note. I believe in all my heart and soul that I know what's happening under the ground. Not to a scientific standard, but I've read enough and studied enough to have a working knowledge of the systems involved. I believe I have found evidence of Mega Eruptions. And I wish the scientific community would investigate it seriously. My videos are terrible but I believe in every word I say.

Follow me down the rabbit hole.

Everything connects when you have enough of pieces at the right time and the right place.

It's all about fire and ice.

I am not religious. I try only to use reason. I know there is a great change happening at this moment in time. We are at a crossroads. Great change will come swifty and I'm not sure which path we'll take. We have the tools to understand it. We have a small amount of time. We can even predict the future if understand the dynamic.

The earth is in a state of constant change. Yet we humans have begun to believe that this is true for everything except we at this moment. There is no bigger case of denial. Extinction and Evolution go hand in hand. It's a process that's almost as old as the earth itself.

Welcome everyone. I love contructive criticism. If you handle me right, I'll agree and be like an obedient child. Bully me and I'll turn into one of those Viking Beserker Guys.

So I hope we'll all play nice. If you don't like what someone says, ignore it.
People ignore me all the time, so I know it's a useful tool at shutting someone up.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Robin Marks]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm no expert (far from it) but I could see what you were getting at Robin so I thought I'd have a go at it.

So here's one coroboration for you

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b4451b80976.jpg[/atsimg]

Added the little yellow one as well as it kinda stood out for me.

You're interpretation on the Gulf of Mexico is interesting too, I'd never thought to look at it like that. But it does indeed make sense.

cheers Penny

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Austria

Dear Austria, I too think that Lake Victoria is a caldera. When I was developing my hypothesis, I looked at my world map and look for large crater lakes and it struck me as a suspect. Also it is adjacent a great volcanic rift. Imagine a massive chamber, and a lake and you get a big hole. I also suspect the Aral Sea. It is a fact that many volcanic crater turn into lakes. It's a simple thing really. Big Blast. Big hole. Big hole fills up with water and is now a lake. That's how my crazy brain came up with the whole idea. It was studying Toba. And realizing there was a lake on it. What a pretty picture. There's a guy on his boat doing a little leisurely fishing, when.... boom. It seems so ominous. Like the Jaws movie poster. You have the innocent naked girls swimming along oblivious, you have the menacing tooth-filled mouth targeting her from the dark cold deep. That's how I saw that picture in my head. On the surface, peaceful, beautiful and serene. In the depths, a hidden danger poised to strike. It's was at that point I went down the rabbit hole.

There was one other clue that put the whole thing together. It was the uplift a lake which spilled it banks. I imagined myself a camper and being flooded by the lake. In the 1957 Hegen quake (if i get facts wrong please correct me) a wall of water killed campers and other people. It made me look at lakes in a different way. I'd always thought they were just a place to go fishing.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PennyQ

Thank you. Thank you. Whenever someone else does the circles, it makes me feel not crazy. Cause I'm right. Ya, and the little yellow is so noticable as well. I never even got into that one or the others because I just wanted people to see and believe in the obvious ones. It looks so beautiful and real. I hate being computer inadequate. I just know what I know and it's hard to change my brain at this time. I get too stress out and stress kills.

Could you do another one. And put little dots to show ground zero. It's where he circles intersect and you can place a straight line connecting all three dtos.

What do you think about these circles? How obvious were the arcs once you started? Do tell. And thank you thank you thank you.

And please, everyone, put up your version and be as precise as you want. It's simple geometery. And if you can scale it to demark the rate of continental drift, it can be shown the the time periods in betweeen events matchs the three extinct events I assumed. I don't like even thinking about this project. I'm actually able to do the math if I pushed myself, but my disorder makes it impossible due to my lootbag of challenges.

I should say that I am in agreement with the geological study which states that Belcher Island and the arc were not created by an asteroid impact. There's good science to show there was no rebound effect.

Edit.

I'm, staring at your math homework and it's marvelous. Notice how the circles intersect. And there's a couple of other prominent arc may notice.

All I can say is that this is not chance. It is not fortitious. Geometery isn't random. This proves it. I don't know why more people on You Tube haven't ran with this. If Penny can do it, then it's a repeatable thing. That's science isn't it. Being able to reproduce the same result. So anyone can find the arcs and then intersect them to find the points at which something amazing happened. These are precise points.

Seeing is believing. Please everyone. Do it yourself. Find these points and wonder to yourself, what could have happened at this spot. It's there. It's not a trick. How can you get a massive body of water with arc that when extended on that precise arc, intersect and fill the entire body. It's not random. But that's what's the geologist think.

I think they're wrong. Do the map and post it and then tell me what you think caused this obvious pattern. Tell me how the holes got there. These perfect circles. And it's no crop circle hoax. I wasn't around when it was formed.

It was discoverd by western Europeans 400 years ago.

Geologists think Hudson Bay was formed by the wieght of glaciers during the ice age.

Whatever happened, it made these arc and created this geometery somehow. And that needs serious scientfic investigation. And that's not happening. I've tried but been dissmissed. Hope I have better luck with your help. So please do the circles. Freak out your friends. It's not uncool to like math. I'm trying to convince my seven year old son of that now. Please help. Help.

The circles are making me crazier. Someone else needs to tell me what they are. Or tell me I'm right. sorry went off on a rant there. it's the circles.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Here you go, it's a bit wonky but then I am doing it in paintshop pro and pretty much freehand and guesstimates.

As for the arcs, I actually noticed them myself weeks ago before I saw your post on them.
I have always been fascinated by geography and geology and getting google earth was like all my b'days had come at once

I spend hours with it just looking at things.

Living in Australia is wonderful, but it has it's drawbacks, like being so dam far away from anything else I can't afford to travel overseas.
And it's pretty boring here as far as the earth moving or spewing out lava. It just don't happen

About as close as I can get here is a very mini mud spring not far out of town

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c26215d2a89.jpg[/atsimg]

Cheers

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PennyQ

I love wonky. Of course being Canadian I've never actually used it in a sentence. But I think I will start. Thank you again.

What do you think now that you've done it for yourself?
What do you make of it?
Did you notice the other little arcs? And I'm not asking because I want a third map from you. You've done enough. Now I need everyone in the world to do it and find out what it is or isn't. If I ever win the lottery I will fly you to Yellowstone for a trip. Just because you made the effort. Please get others to try it and see what they think.

Here's a t-shirt idea for someone who is an entrapeneur. Print a shirt with Hudson Bay and all the circles and geometery and make up a slogan. Yours will be better I'm sure, but how about, These ain't crop circles. But what the hell are they? I just think it would make a cool shirt if you did it right. One person on You Tube who saw my little lesson on how to make the circles said that if you turn my diagram upside it looks like a bunny. I had to laugh.

Thanks again. You made me happy.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Great find! S+F is much deserved.

I would also like to add some thought provoking questions. I noticed that the general motion of the arrow can coincide with the movement of the North American continental plate. Just as the Hawaiian island chain was created over a spot of highly volcanic activity, can any one see the possibility of each circle being created in the same manner? Like as if there where several massive eruptions that created the perfect circles throughout the movement of the NA Plate?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
When I first had a look at hudson I thought it looked like some sort of crater, either volcanic or impact, I don't see how glaciation could cause that almost perfect arc, it kinda screams crater at you.

So do you think there's any possiblity of further eruption along that line or is that area pretty stable now? It has been a long time with no activity.

If you win lotto I'd love a trip, anywhere but yellowstone, I don't wanna be there when she blows

South America would be nice, some cratery looking things there I'd love to check out

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaworu

Yes the direction of the line intersecting circles is the same as continental drift. Please check out my You Tube Channel and I explain in depth exactly what you are suggesting. This is a chain just like Hawaii, and the chain that ends with Yellowstone.

www.youtube.com...

And please make a map and post it here. There are other circles to be found. And tell your friends to come have a look and see what they think.

And what does S+F mean?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PennyQ

The hotspot responsible for making the caldera making up Huson Bay is in the middle of the Atlantic now. So there's no risk at all. If you want to make another map. You can expand the map and when you draw the intersection line and continue eastward, you intersect Manicougan crater, and the line runs through the Gulf of St. Lawernce. You can make the same circle in the Gulf of St Lawerence. And if you continue the line out in the Altantic you can find a mountain range just before the Mid Atlantic Ridge. That's where the hot spot is today. And I'll take you anywhere you want to go.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Dear Puterman,

PennyQ's marlevous map does not get you off the hook. I expect with your skills I will be blown away by what you can come up with. Maybe you can make two. One that links Hudson Bay, Manicougan, and The Gulf of St. Lawerence. And one with just the Bay.

This is for everyone else. How about a map upside down made to look like a bunny rabbit.

Love you all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join