It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 259
<< 256  257  258    260  261  262 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Arluk

Thank you we have posted this one on facebook.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Would anyone that had the technology to intentionally cause earthquakes or flooding or serious storms ever do so? What would be the motive?

-->
Thirty-five deaths in the infamous Lynmouth flood disaster came only days after RAF rain-making experiments over southern England, it has emerged.
Ninety million tonnes of water swept down the narrow valley into Lynmouth on 15 August, 1952, destroying whole buildings.

Now, a BBC investigation has confirmed that secret experiments were causing heavy rainfall.

Classified documents on the trials have gone missing, but people involved have told their story for the BBC Radio Four's Document programme

news.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 13-5-2011 by Tecumte because: link added

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hello,

Hello, to those of you reading this in some distant future. I'm writing to you because I don't see much point in trying to convince my fellow citizens anymore. We are a civilization of addicts, and we're in full-fledged denial. Our modern world is based on one element, and everything is dependant upon it's power. We are a culture derived from petroleum. Without it, our communities and civilization would collapse. If you want to understand our world of the last 150 years, you need to understand the black goo.

Your biggest question about this particular point in history, must be why didn't we change course when we had the chance? You'll know that by the year 2011, it was obvious that negative consequences of an oil economy were manifesting themselves at every level of society. You're obviously wondering how we could be so stupid.

But remember you are from the future and we are the primatives. At this time we are still learning what we can do. And not yet evolved enough to be asking, should we be doing what were doing. Here, it's consequences be damned. I'm sure we will have learned something of the concept after the ultimate oil crisis. It's just a shame it takes a conflict to resolve a problem. We're not much on preventative health methods either. The only thing we've prefected is preventative war. We start a small war to prevent a bigger one. We have very short attention spans. Blame television and the stock market. We only think in terms of short term profit. Damn the long term, we're getting ours.

Our problem is oil is an addiction. The undeniable moment came when George Bush Jr admitted it. One of the very few good things he did. We are dependant on oil and energy. We can't exist without oil. We know it. We are slaves to it. We labour long to fill our tanks and work hard to get a dollar to heat and cool our homes. The only time we really start to question and speak out is when the prices go higher. Or when there is a disaster that makes headlines. We bitch about the prices and yet we'll pay almost any amount. People believe they begining gouged at the gas pumps. But they're not. It really is supply and demand. And we've never really ever paid the true price of production because it has always been subsidized. Just like our farms. The first hit is always free.

We know we are nearing peak oil production, which means the prices will only go higher. In fact, as we pass peak oil production, the prices will only spike more often and by multiples. We steam now when we realize gas has gone up by a buck or so. We have no real grasp of the changes brought on by prices that double, then triple within short spans. Today's citizens has no idea how they'd survive if fuel went up tenfold. The governments will always be looking into the matter and set up panels to look at pump prices, but nothing will change.

It's the free market. The highest bidder always wins. Supply and demand. Producer and user. Drug dealer and addict.

Just before the British Petroleum spill in the Gulf of Mexico in 2010, President Obama announced an expansion of deep water drilling to meet America's energy needs. Today, we have spiking prices at the pumps, which means we have a screaming populous demanding lower prices. What's the solution? New energy technologies?

Nope.
Let's drill in Alaska.

www.latimes.com...

Conservation?

Hehehehe. Really? Never! The last time we really ever considered fuel efficency was back in the late 1970's.

Instead of changing, we just went on more and more conquest adventures.
Tomorrow we'll be ravaging Beautiful British Columbia.

www.vancouversun.com...

But as you sit reading in the comfort of you future world, don't feel too smug. Because, if you existed here, even knowing all that you know of the future and science, don't think you could change anything. Many here and now understand the problems, many here are working for solutions and are thinking about the future. It's just the simple fact that the machine has grown beyond our individual control.

The American Dream of having a car and living in the suburbs has become global. China and India want their piece of American Pie.

The problem is that the American Dream is a delusion. It's a halluciation derieved by the rush of a chemical dependancy. A pipe dream.

An addiction.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
3 quakes this morning. earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Check out this video I found....

White House broadcast prepared for 2012

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

I think that is cobbled together from parts of the speech Obama made for the disaster in Haiti
I went and had a look for speeches he did and came across him in this one wearing exactly the same clothes and saying the same things
www.nbc33tv.com...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JackieO

I thought the same thing when I saw the video as well, that it refered to an already taking place disaster. I didn't research it though, good job to you for going futher! It's really tiresome to continually come across people manipulating data and media to support their personal agendas.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Helicorder is showing waves again 6.5 in New Guinea and my ears won't stop ringing..wonder if Susan and the Greenbrier gang are feeling anything?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ur44lois

I was riding the lawn mower and yes I got hit with a very high pitched sharp ringing in my ears this afternoon with the left side almost feeling like my ear was going to explode and it was far worse than the right and I almost got off the mower completely when it suddenly hit. I just stopped the mower and sat there for a couple of minutes, wondering what was going on. I saw the quake and the waves on the stations and knew why. My ears are still ringing and we have heard some rumbling today a couple of times. I would say the ringing now is a little higher than what has become normal background levels but tolerating it.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey

www.youtube.com...

I just finished watching this....

WHOA

WTF??????????

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

There is more than one. They did not do a good job editing it. It's interesting but makes you wonder if they really do make video's like this in advance for disaster situations.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A speech designed for a disaster that hasn't happened!!
This is just too much

edit on 15-5-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Do we have a link to this guy on the bibliography? I'm watching his video's.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
That YouTube video are parts of a speech after the Haiti quake, and I believe some from after the Japan quake.

All taken, edited and pasted to make it look like a pre-speech for 2012.

You can go back and find those exact words in the speeches after those quakes.

Someone did some good editing and adding the on screen messages to make it look real.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
reply to post by ur44lois

I was riding the lawn mower and yes I got hit with a very high pitched sharp ringing in my ears this afternoon with the left side almost feeling like my ear was going to explode and it was far worse than the right and I almost got off the mower completely when it suddenly hit. I just stopped the mower and sat there for a couple of minutes, wondering what was going on. I saw the quake and the waves on the stations and knew why. My ears are still ringing and we have heard some rumbling today a couple of times. I would say the ringing now is a little higher than what has become normal background levels but tolerating it.

Susan, what exactly do you attribute the ringing to and how do you think the process works?

If the human body is able to 'pick up' something perceived as ringing in the ears, do you think it might be able to be measured technologically or do you think it is simply the bodies response to something not measurable?

Too, are the compasses there still showing anomolous readings often?

Just curious.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

I just looked at the compass, and guess what, yes it is off again, north is pointing northwest instead of what it should be and actually is. I don't know how or what to even think about trying to measure or equipment to use. Any suggestions?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Breaking News Here 2 buildings in Morrilton have collapsed, there are injuries..News crews on the way..Why would these building collapse?????

www.todaysthv.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Susan, don't recall him being referenced before. But will definitely add now! I know its a bit overdue, the new job I have keeps me busy. But I still check in daily, and will have an update to pages when we get closer to 275, sooner if time allows. Try to get them every 25 pgs. But have gone over due a bit, my apologies to all.
Thanks to those who have dropped the link to this and the biblio pgs in other threads, thats good work. I have seen it referenced more than once. Thanks for keeping up awareness and for posting links for the reference topic page.

For those who don't know, we have a bibliography page for all the resources accumulated for this topic. It can be found at www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 256  257  258    260  261  262 >>

join