It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 258
<< 255  256  257    259  260  261 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Have been enjoying some quiet here. Water going down and I-40 is back open or at least some lanes are. I haven't watched the first bit of news today on purpose. I know we are suppose to get more rain tomorrow and wanted to enjoy the day. I haven't even loaded GEE. LOL!!!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

Stay safe SunFlower. Hope it doesn't get real bad.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Totally OT, but I've been following this thread since the beginning. Glad you've gotten a moment of peace today, Susan

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Glad to hear from those of you who have checked in and so happy to hear you are doing well!

Susan... I don't blame you for taking time for yourself. We all need to do that in order to stay sane.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Thanks Susan. We had lots of hail! Clumped in corners, but lost no windows this time. Today's forecast for you guys has me watching AR. The seismos looked calm overnight, let's hope it stays that way. Everyone have a good day, stay safe but alert.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Good to hear the water is going down Susan. Have
there been any quakes as of late? Did I understand
correctly that there may be more as the water recedes?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It looks like even another round of rain and or storms is headed into the Arkansas/Missouri area.

radar.weather.gov...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hi everyone.

Thought I would link this new thread on ATS about methane and fracking in this thread since it's relevant to all concerned:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope everyone is doing well after experiencing so much over these last few weeks and months.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
For everyone on this thread who may be interested

ENTNA just blew cat. RED+ALERT

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
For everyone on this thread who may be interested

ENTNA just blew cat. RED+ALERT

Link?

Doing news searches on it right now and not finding anything "new".

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Here you go

Not too sure how severe the current activity is, but you never know with this one.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Potential good news on the fracking front with Texas leading the charge. Sounds suspicious ... but it is a step in the right direction:

Texas could lead way in gas drilling disclosure

HOUSTON – Texas is poised to become the first state to require gas drillers to publicly disclose the chemicals they use to release natural gas from tight rock formations, a groundbreaking measure that could set the stage for other states and the U.S. Congress to move ahead with their own measures to regulate hydraulic fracturing.

But environmentalists caution that the bill — while precedent-setting and a step in the right direction — is still too protective of industry.

"It's a glass half full kind of thing, pretty good job, pretty good legislation but we didn't go far enough," said Cyrus Reed, conservation director of the Sierra Club's Lone Star chapter.

The bill that passed the Texas House of Representatives on Thursday would require mandatory disclosure of many chemicals used in the hydraulic fracturing — or "fracking" — process. Fracking — along with horizontal drilling — allows drillers to penetrate tight rock formations and release once out-of-reach minerals by pumping at high-pressure chemical-laced water into the ground.

Environmental groups argue the bill doesn't offer full protection to residents, landowners and the environment because operators would only be required to post on a website the maximum concentrations of chemicals regulated by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Unregulated chemicals only have to be listed without the amount used. Operators can also opt out of full disclosure if they fear trade secrets will be harmed, in which case they would only have to tell the agency that oversees drilling what fluids they use.

Still, this puts Texas ahead of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Congress and several other states trying to pass similar measures.

"We are leaders in many, many areas and I hope this will show the federal government, the EPA, the Department of Energy that we can take care of our business. We are taking it seriously, there's no void down here and we expect the industry to ... protect the environment, to answer the concerns of the citizens of Texas," said Rep. James Keffer, the Republican chairman of the House Energy Committee, who oversaw passage of the bill.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Arluk

The link to the article is not working. Could you try it again please.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Susan,

Not too sure if this is the exact article he was referencing, but this article talks about the bill mentioned:

Link to Texas tracking article

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I have a feeling you all might enjoy, or at least get a kick out of, this song and video about fracking entitled "My Water's On Fire Tonight (The Fracking Song)."

edit on 13-5-2011 by dalloway because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Yes,I saw they called it a 2.8.
Odd,because I was inside on a stepladder painting the bathroom. I felt a vibration,then towels fell off of a shelf. I never knew I could get down a ladder so fast.Made it to the floor in time for the jolt,and the "quivers". It seemed to last a little longer than the usual "under 3`s".
I guess the ground being so saturated makes it worse.
And I noticed someone from Oklahoma(?) reported feeling it too. A 2.8?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

We felt it too...Windows and doors rattled.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Susan, here is another attempt at providing a link to the source. Thank you for all the effort you have put into making known the impact of irresponsible practices by the oil and gas industry in your backyard!

Hopefully one of these two links work. Both are AP releases. The The quoted text in the original post was from Yahoo!.

Thank you Jaded for backing me up when I didn't get right back.

Release of compounds in fracturing fluids isn't the answer to the environmental consequences of contamination and influencing geological phenomena caused by fracking, however it does provide some information for those concerned with the practice to base initial monitoring on.

Fracturing for resource extraction remains a concern but high pressure, hydraulic reinjection of highly contaminated industrial waste fluids is an extreme concern. The impact of reinjection as well as injection for resource extraction is too much be ignored.

The article mentions contamintion of aquifers as a concern. This is part of the problem, but what about blowouts around well-heads releasing deadly contaminants into people’s backyards and homes. This occurs too!

Fracturing also occurs in resource extraction other than natural gas so this is only a first step, a step to appear responsible when in truth the care is only for profit. Let's not let them get by with throwing distracters at us. The industry must remain accountable in all aspects. The only way this will happen is people who care speaking out.

Texas Could Lead Way In Natural Gas Drilling Disclosure

A backup link in case the original source fails again.

Texas Could Lead Way In Natural Gas Drilling Disclosure 2

edit on 13-5-2011 by Arluk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 255  256  257    259  260  261 >>

join