It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 174
<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by queenofsheba

There was a recent quake near Pensacola. It was actually a little closer to Mobile, AL I think. It is highly unusual for that area, but not completely unique. The Oklahoma quake is also rare, and the quakes in central Arkansas and NW Arkansas are a new phenomenon entirely!

Thinks are definitely changing in our Tectonic system.

Acutally, the Oklahoma quakes aren't exactly rare. They've been happening for a long time now. They have injection wells in Oklahoma. And there have been quakes in Texas. Lots of wells there as well.

geology.com...

The common link between Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas, is that they all on shale formations, and they all have injection wells and frack natural gas drilling.

The difference between Arkansas and Japan is that Japan's earthquakes are common and expected. Japan is on the ring of fire and they were prepared. As prepared as you can be I suppose. Truly sad.
The South Eastern United States earthquakes are abnormal.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Having the same feeling right now as yesterday when Japan happened.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Western/Central Oklahoma "rarely" gets one 2 or 3 times per year, but they have been coming more often lately. We have also been getting random quakes in North Alabama and North Georgia. The Quakes along the Gulf Coast of Alabama/Florida are even more rare, with maybe 1 per year, but we have had about 4 since the BP spill.

My amateur opinion is that a cross is forming North-South along the Mississippi River Valley, and East-West from Oklahoma City to North of Atlanta. The lines intersect close enough to Memphis to be related to New Madrid. If a major New Madrid quake goes off, I expect major changes along those two axes. Or, it is possible that some underground construction is responsible along the East-West corridor. New Faultline? Train? Fracking? Military? I don't know, but all the activity when looked at as a whole is concerning to me.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

It seems once you sensitize to the feelings, you "know". I have been woozy all morning-the dogs have upset bellies and are barking, restless. So abnormal for all of us.

I don't know what, but something is going on with Arkansas.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Me too, been feeling disoriented and dizzy all morning long, almost feel like I am on some hypnotic drug, its so strong. It's not letting up but rather seems to be getting more intense.....

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
OK lots of rumbling and shaking off and on. Want to watch coverage but think I need to be getting some other things done here. A lot of this could be aftershocks from the continual quakes hitting Japan, we don't know yet.I do know I'm nervous about it all and the potential to set off other hazard areas in the US. Just can say to everyone take steps and prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I am having high anxiety this morning, headache and dizzy from time to time.
Went out to check the mail and found 5 dead birds in my yard - my head
is swimming. I am reading reports here and all over - not a good day
for many. Stay safe friends.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

I take some comfort knowing I'm not alone. I'm just outside of Memphis and my husband came home last night with a 'weird headache'. He said it was unlike any headache that he's ever had. Made me think of JakkirusFogg's headache before NZ earthquake. I thought of this, but didn't want to bring it up.

My ears were ringing so badly yesterday and today they have such pressure like they are about to pop. The nauseous feeling has been a slow build today.

Been watching the dog VERY carefully today. He doesn't spook easily, but he lets you know when he is. I really believe we are much more in tune to nature than we pay attention to. I'm about to go out on a walk with my little one to see what I can observe in the woods nearby.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I've been having horrible headaches for about 2 weeks now, every morning. Today I woke up and I actually don't have a bad headache, it's really light.

????

However my ears ARE popping today, which they've never done before. I live in Ft. Smith, AR, which confuses me, because we are between the OK earthquakes and the Guy/Greenbrier swarm. I've only felt one here, and it was the big one AR had a few weeks ago.

I don't have any pets, so I can't say they've been acting funny. I'm pretty sensitive to a lot of things so I suppose earthquakes from other parts of the country could just be affecting me even though I'm far away? Is this possible??

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sheeplemama_awakening

My husband has had a strange headache unlike any he has had, for a few days.
I feel like I am in a dream.

My dogs have upset bellies and are fretting. The chickens are sitting so still, with not a single rooster crowing.
Fish in tanks laying low except the catfish, which are frantically feeding and taking in air from the top.

I have been emailing and trying to get someone from local TV affiliate to address the problems.

There is something going on South-Southwest of me.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by katfish

Odd, I didnt realize that was happening anywhere else. Been down with all that this week. Headache so bad I went to the Dr. husband had it. Everyone around here has been in a fog. Cousin called and said driving around yesterday was insane wrecks everywhere everyone just in a weird "dream like" state. We are over in the KC area.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have a ringing in my ears again.. nothing like yesterday though. I kinda feel like I'm in a 'fog,' but I had a real bad spell last night, was incoherent, unable to speak clearly, for a long time immediately followed by 6 hour of unintended sleep, so I don't know that it's related. I woke up 15 minutes before the 8.9 struck Japan. I don't know if my 'fogginess' is from the quakes, or the seizure spell.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

I was hoping the way I am feeling was just a crappy phone call I got a while ago, but maybe its more than that. I am ANXIOUS. My heart is beating and I made myself a drink before 1pm. I rarely drink, and I never drink in the morning.

I really hope it is just the phone call. And this is all just coincidence that others are feeling similar.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
With everyone watching Japan and a interest in Yellowstone activity, I was curious about my own backyard. Checking out the links from University of Memphis Seismology Dept - I was looking at "Memphis - Borehole, TN" readings. The waves are unnerving. I expected to see evidence of the Japan shaking which is obvious. But what are the waves? Is anyone familiar with this this readers location?

Here's the link - folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Japan just had another one 6.6......about 200 miles from original quake....saying on CNN that it may be a separate quake, not an aftershock.
edit on 11-3-2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2011 by StealthyKat because: correction

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Massive Arkansas Earthquake thread The comments so far today have been that the activity is eerily flat. Don't know what that means yet.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I believe that what is displayed on it are the waves from Japan. I am using the Shelby Forrest seismo because it's not picking up on the Japan waves, just the local ones.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Don't know what that means either, but the fact that I felt a tremor this morning that originated in Guy and was a 2.6 has me stumped because this is the first time I have felt anything and it wasn't all that much....does this mean that the movement is now heading east? or northeast? I believe I am almost due east of Guy.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I saw this on another thread:

Japan earthquake upgraded to 9.1
www.ksdk.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join