It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 171
<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
AG seismographs are going NUTS...man I sure hope those Japan quakes aren't a trigger...hang-on folks.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

wow 2 huge ones there go the seismos till they reset tommorow

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Fritzthecat

there is now reports comming in
channel6newsonline.com...

major tsunami issued for pacific region
look out west coast
aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

edit on 11-3-2011 by Fritzthecat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
USGS upgraded the Japan EQ to an 8.8!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Horseshoe Mountain is a big hill (not a mountain in my book) or ridge actually that sits just west of Greenbrier. The Greenbrier schools sit at the bottom of it. We've only had 2 quakes in the last few weeks, that I know of, with epicenters on the 'mountain.' Most people in the Greenbrier area know of the location which is why I reference it here. On a map, you could look at Mountain Drive, which is the main road that takes you up here.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by trekwebmaster
USGS upgraded the Japan EQ to an 8.8!

ATS family, chills have literally raced down my spine....

O.M.G.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Japan quake upgraded to an 8.9

SPEECHLESS

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
There was a 3.2 just 25 miles east of Oklahoma City a few minutes ago...

Magnitude 3.2 - OKLAHOMA
2011 March 11 10:56:23 UTC

* Details
* Maps

Earthquake Details

* This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 3.2
Date-Time

* Friday, March 11, 2011 at 10:56:23 UTC
* Friday, March 11, 2011 at 04:56:23 AM at epicenter

Location 35.496°N, 97.090°W
Depth 4.7 km (2.9 miles) set by location program
Region OKLAHOMA
Distances

* 9 km (6 miles) ENE (75°) from Harrah, OK
* 9 km (6 miles) N (5°) from McLoud, OK
* 16 km (10 miles) E (84°) from Choctaw, OK
* 22 km (14 miles) NW (320°) from Shawnee, OK
* 40 km (25 miles) E (88°) from Oklahoma City, OK
* 301 km (187 miles) N (355°) from Dallas, TX

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 11.6 km (7.2 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters NST= 32, Nph= 51, Dmin=31.2 km, Rmss=1.81 sec, Gp= 86°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (mbLg), Version=5
Source

* U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center:
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver

Event ID usc0001y1c
Now need to watch a lot of seismos: OK and AR and also, some near Memphis. Plus the PNSN (Pacific NW) and Yellowstone too. Robin ... are you awake, my friend?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

yep, gotta check seismos!

Robin and Puterman are sleeping, boy will they be suprised

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ec89f7680f9.jpg[/atsimg]

I just downloaded EQ3D wish I had had it when this all started

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

BerkeleyGal, are you keeping an eye on some of the PNSN webis (and the Cal ones)? I know that westcoast will be but it will be helpful to have more watching them.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I downloaded that today too! Only haven't had time to figure out how it works. The globe just keeps spinning and I can't zoom in or anything. What's the trick?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
So I just have to share this with you guys.

You saw my post from earlier about the Emergency Broadcasts? If not, I was discussing earlier how I had heard FIVE on my tv just this week...past few days. I have never had it happen before. I even wrote to the Department responsible for it and copied the response (from the CEO) on the previous page. You should read it.

Anyways....after all of this (I had just gotten done posting the letter) when I was on my way to pick up my daughter, guess what happened? You got it, the radio was interrupted with an emergency broadcast. Not a test. They were alerting about a high wind warning. WHAT? I have NEVER heard an emergency broadcast here for wind. So when I got home i checked for new alerts and we do have one...for wind sustained of 35mph with gusts up to 50. That is NOTHING. Certainly not worthy of an emergency broadcast. OK...so I shook it off.

Now...I was at the grocery store a bit ago and while waiting to check out I had a very sudden, STRONG sense of doom. I have only had this happen a couple of other times but those times I knew that something was wrong with a family member and called them immediately. (Car wreck, trip to hospital) It has happened several times and I was always right. It goes both ways, with my Mom and Sister. They always know when something is wrong. But this is different....there is no one person that comes to mind...just a very anxious, something is wrong feeling.

Well....trying to shake THAT off, on my way home guess what happens? Yup! ANOTHER emergency broadcast. This time another test for a neighboring county. This is just too much. That is five on the tv, two on the radio in THREE days...and those are just the ones I am hearing/seeing.

My ears are poping while writing this and I have had a couple of dizzy spells. Also, pressure in my head...you know, all those EQ tell-tale signs. Anyone else experiencing any of this? I haven't harldy been on ATS today and haven't even opened GEE to back off a bit....but it's not working.

At least I know I'm not crazy now!! And.....from my washington state thread:

posted on 10-3-2011 @ 09:30 PM this post

FYI....my 'big' quake dog is alerting. Last time he did it was the big one in cali....

Hope all stays quiet tonight

I think that was 16 minutes before the quake hit. I am now a firm believer (well, I already was) in intuition and also our animals.

I have to say that I don't think this is over yet.

I hope the Oklahoma quake is not the start of something in the midwest

Yellowstone is scaring me right now...

Keeping a close watch on the West Coast and darnit my eye won't start twitching!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I'm keeping an eye out for the next couple of hours or until I fall asleep.
I'm still not liking Rainier, but I've been saying that for a while now and nobody else seems concerned. Everything else looked ok half and hour ago or so.

Geologists say a fault in central Arkansas where hundreds of earthquakes have been recorded in recent months is longer and potentially more destructive than initially believed. Scientists had thought the fault is 3.7 miles long. Now they estimate it to be 6 to 7.5 miles long.
source

I get the feeling it is even longer than that..
edit on 11-3-2011 by zenius because: add

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I will be here in a few.

I am starving and must eat!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Like I said before (I don't know if you saw or not, in all the chaos, but I'll say it again anyway), you and your dogs should run your own earthquake predicting service. You could save a lot of lives, if you could also determine the likely location of any earthquake your senses detect.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Well my right ear suddenly started hurting while reading your post. Up until now that has never happened...just ringing before.

God, I hope there isn't another one coming.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
OMG. Prayers going out to all affected.

I immediately thought of Westcoast and her bad omen yesterday.

Is anyone in contact or heard from ATS members from Japan?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Just an fyi, my teens said they had earthquake drills this week at school too. Sounds like both city and county schools are preparing the students for the inevitable.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

I can't get the AG Stations to load on GEE

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

I have the AG stations going, maybe it's slow?

But I can't get the TA stations to load.....

top topics

<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join