It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 172
<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thanks for posting the OK quake info Mike. I have been up and awake for 30 min. now and did not experience anything out of the norm. There have been numerous small quakes in the state's central region over the past 6 months, only one of which I personally experienced on Oct. 13, 2010 due to it being over a 4.0 magnitude. The local news had originally reported it as being a 5.3. As I'm on this thread frequently, I will definitely post anything newsworthy.

The Japan quake post is an OMG moment! Can there be anything left of that country with a quake of that magnitude? Chilling news..... prayers and divine intervention is requested for all mankind at this time.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Geologists say a fault in central Arkansas where hundreds of earthquakes have been recorded in recent months is longer and potentially more destructive than initially believed.

The Republic

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I just checked the local on-line news rag and it reported the OK quake as being "minuscule" compared to the Japan quake, with no damage reported. Also, there is one reader comment so far. "How many fracture drilling rigs are in this area?", Tony from Tulsa asks. Hmmmmmm, glad to see someone here giving this immediate attention!
edit on 11-3-2011 by Toots because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2011 by Toots because: added missing content & quotations

link   
Hawaii had a 4.6 and has been inundated with smaller quakes.

Is there any ground movement in Arkansas? The helicorders and GEE are crazy, but I'm assuming they are picking up the waves from Japan.

link   
reply to post by mugger

I posted that same link a page back. Isn't it amazing that with so much technology these days that things like this are still being 'discovered'? I'm waiting for them to tell us it extends the entire length of the country. Who knows what will be next?

link   
reply to post by justsaying

I have to go to LR in just a minute anyway I looked off the arkansas website. They are going nuts everywhere. Praying for Hawaii and the west coat and everyone else.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Susan... the seismos are worthless.

Are you feeling anything?

You stay safe too

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I wouldn't be surprised, between the energy this fault holds and the fact that the aftershocks aren't exactly minor or slowing down much. This is still very much an ongoing event.

And, when should PuterMan be getting up? Someone should have his phone number for times like this.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Yes hate to say it but yes. Ears are really hurting and nauseated. Have to go now. Everyone stay safe and God Bless.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Tsunami traveling 500 mph is barreling towards Hawaii and West Coast of United States, expecting to hit in just a few hours. OMG.....pray people, PRAY.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Is anyone on GEE? Is that a series of microquakes occuring in Arkansas? Or are those still waves from Japan?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

We have been feeling minor thumps and hearing rumbles all night long. In the quiet of the night you could here the low rumbles literally every few seconds. This time my husband actually noticed them. The dogs don't seem to concerned as of right now.. my most sensitive one is actually in bed right now (my bed) and she is normally reluctant to not be in the same room as me. As for Japan, they are a very small country to be experiencing so much destruction. They are built so much sturdier than us too. Our turn is coming (maybe sooner, maybe later) and hopefully every one on this site will be prepared when it does. As for those who think we're crazy/obsessed.... well, they may not survive with us. My hubby and I have already identified the more and less safe spots in the house, and even found the highest point within close walking distance that we could go to in the event of a major quake. I hope everyone on here has at least taken these precautions for their families. Even if we're all wrong and nothing happens for 40 years, I still plan to be prepared then too.

To add: My ears, for the fist time I can remember, were ringing last night as well. It actually sounded like a very high pitched whistle. It gave me a headache (as it preceeded the headache by 15 minutes or more.) I don't know if there is any connection, but I'm sure time will tell.
edit on 11-3-2011 by HadEnough because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by HadEnough

Thanks for your response. I have such serious concerns for everyone there, and for those of us around the NM, but more so for Arkansas because of the unstable grounds. As for the ear ringing, I had the WORST ear ringing last night that I have ever had, as did my boyfriend. I was watching the helicorders and GEE last night when it was occuring but nothing showed before I went to bed, which was around midnight, and then all hell broke lose in Japan.

You are smart to have a plan for yourself and family, we all need to live as if the big one will hit us at any time. As I watch the news this morning, I feel that no matter what plan I have, most likely things will not go acording to plan and it will be chaos regardless. But it makes me feel better to plan ahead anyway.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Many prayers for everyone. Japan, Hawaii, Pacific Coast. My nephew just moved out to LA, sent him a message to post on fb what happens, will pass on his interpretations,if he can post at all. Gonna be a long wait for 11-11:30 est.
I woke up to earache this morning, unusual for me here, because I am in EKY, just on the eastern band of NM fault.
Just found a breaking news link. www.breakingnews.com...
How are the seismos doing for AR and Yellowstone?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I see no local quakes at Yellowstone.
There are microquakes in Arkansas at the moment, but they are not increasing or growing in size.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Woke up to the dogs barking @ the same time we had a earthquake, I'm 40 min away from oklahoma city (3.2)
--- my ears have been ringing for two days and a headache...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I felt rumbling about 5 minutes ago......it lasted for about 10 seconds....

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Yes, it just showed up on GEE. I'm guessing around 2 mag.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Robin are you using TA.U40A Yellville AR on GEE? If not which one would be the best to observe?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Trying to find out if anyone else in Memphis felt it...it didn't last long but the house shook pretty good, but I have to also say this was my first confirmed tremor.

Here is the helicorder from Shelby Farms, about 5 minutes away from my location...

www.ceri.memphis.edu...

edit on 11-3-2011 by justsaying because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join