It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 176
<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I wanted to relay some information about a strange event that happened NOAA Weather Alert: "Strange Noise Alert" Approx 11:30 PM Central March 9, 2011

JimCantore Jim Cantore

Wondering about strange sounds across north FL
forecast.weather.gov...

March 9 2011 (Late Evening 11:00 PM appx)

(The friend who ReTweeted Jim Cantore's tweet also qouted the link in a tweet originated by him. When he RT and tweeted I went to the link to read what it said as I live near the area mentioned. Now the link doesn't work but that evening there had been a weather advisory by NOAA for almost all Central Florida Counties about a "Strange Noise ALert". We were all like "Are you freaking kidding me? WTH?" Then just 36 hours later....Japan. What could this "strange noise" have to do with current events, if at all. I wish I has screencapped that advisory. I will check with others to inquire whether they did.) I was interested in this alert due to my recent postings about the Gulf Coast and it's potential rold in the worst case senario.

www.satelliteguys.us...

March 9 2011 (Appx 11:30 PM)

Then this approx 36 hours later...

HOLY CHIT!! 7.9 earthquake 2011/03/11 05:46:00 38.000 142.900 10.0 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

March 11 2011

2) 7.9 earthquakes hit Japan earthquake.usgs.gov...

March 11 2011

Oregon now under a tsunami watch -

March 11 2011 (2 hrs after 2 Japan EQs)

Rut Roh 4.5 earthquake 2011/03/11 08:58:26 19.330 -154.983 10.2 HAWAII REGION, HAWAII
March 11 2011 (1 hour after previous tweet)

Tsunami: Crescent City harbor destroyed; 4 people swept into sea, 1 feared dead lat.ms...
California Tsunami results

REUTERSFLASH ReutersBreakingNews

Radiation levels 8 times normal levels near main gate of Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant in Japan - Kyodo ( 2 hours ago) 7:47 PM Central 03/11/2011

This concerns me due to: Birthplace of The Manhattan Project, TN
www.ornl.gov...
www.ornl.gov...
www.y12.doe.gov...
www.y12.doe.gov...

Will this facility be affected by a large US earthquake?

Raw video footage of #tsunami hitting #SantaCruz, CA. Boats sunk, overturned by water: ow.ly... (2 hours ago) 7:47 pm Central 03/11/2011

ETA: I have been interested in this area's connection to HAARP type engineering. I live just out Eglin AFB back door.

Map of Digisond devices around the world: digisonde.com...

edit on 11-3-2011 by ConsentioExpono because: ETA: Eglin AFB info

edit on 11-3-2011 by ConsentioExpono because: Editted to correct Tsunami State info

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ConsentioExpono

I was just here a little while ago - so we now have two 7. quakes in Japan in the
last hour? Just confirming, have read a lot today and thought I might have
the time wrong or something. And how are my AR friends doing this evening,
very well I hope. I am still questioning the 5 dead birds in my yard this morning.
I walked around the street a little and didn't see any elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Pretty quiet here tonight except for the occasional bump & jiggle...hope it stays that way thru the night.
The dead birds are curious -- what kind of birds are they and were they all in same area?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Today, for the first time, I saw what appeared to be a healthy bird, lying dead on our small town, down town street.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The Greenbrier city meeting was somewhat interesting although I was disappointed that Scott Ausbrooks didn't show-up. I REALLY wanted to hear what he has to say about all of this.
Lots of talk of starting an organization & hiring an attorney to represent concerned citizens and/or sue. One gentleman brought his gas royalty check and offered to give it away to get things started. It will be interesting to see what happens.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

I was just here a little while ago - so we now have two 7. quakes in Japan in the
last hour? Just confirming, have read a lot today and thought I might have
the time wrong or something. And how are my AR friends doing this evening,
very well I hope. I am still questioning the 5 dead birds in my yard this morning.
I walked around the street a little and didn't see any elsewhere.

No, I was quoting tweets I had recieved about A NOAA Weather Advisory for FL about "Strange Noise" aross the state on 03/09/2011 just before Midnight & Then 36 hours later the EQs in Japan. They were dated 3/11/2011. I had made a post several pages back where I was connecting the dots between New Mardrid and the Gulf Coast FL Panhandle area. Between Eglin AFB and the Mobile/Ft Morgan EQ last month, and other facts that appear to show that the Gulf region will play into what happens later.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

Yes Kathy I have to agree. I sure hope that we can quickly get more people together before the 29th. I came home with more contact emails and numbers. We need an attorney as well and it will have to be someone that can fight and that is going to cost some money. We also had a gentleman come up with a fund raiser idea to help hire an attorney.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This may have already been discussed. Sorry in advance if it has but the nuclear facilities in Japan got me wondering about Arkansas. Isnt there nuclear plants not far from Guy and Greenbrier? My memory serves me correct they are Russelville

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

My hubby saw about 7 or 8 dead birds on Hwy 107 yesterday on his way home from work.

link   

I had made a post several pages back where I was connecting the dots between New Mardrid and the Gulf Coast FL Panhandle area. Between Eglin AFB and the Mobile/Ft Morgan EQ last month, and other facts that appear to show that the Gulf region will play into what happens later.

You've probably read it already, but today I read a theory by a geologist, Jack Reed that believed there's a "missing" tectonic plate in the Gulf of Mexico which was responsible for the New Madrid earthquakes and another in SC.
www.aapg.org...
edit on 11-3-2011 by KathyG427 because: link

link   
reply to post by dalemcfad

Yes there is the nuclear facility in Russellville, they have a website.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

We also had a gentleman come up with a fund raiser idea to help hire an attorney.

I'm still mulling things over...but...hire an attorney for what exactly? The lady that suggested hiring the attorney that is "in hiding" cracked me up. That's probably a VERY interesting story.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

The were all blackbirds and all on one side of my yard - scattered out a little
from a small tree (a bush actually).

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

He is in hiding for his life as there have been threats made and on his family. We need help and quickly. I was also wondering about seeing if we could get Steven Seagal, he did a couple of movies about a toxic waste and oil refineries. We need someone big, I know a letter was sent to Erin Brock...but maybe if we can get more high powered people it will help.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Thank you Susan. I see that todaysthtv had a story about it but my computer is freezing up on me and dont know what was said. The by-line said something about being prepared but for the life of me i cant see how a nuclear plant could be prepared for large earthquake that it wasnt built to withstand in the first place. Map I looked at shows it about 40 or 50 miles away from Greenbrier. Peace and stay safe

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying
Just a heads up to Memphis residents, the local news channels, wmc-tv, had a pretty good interview at 6pm with a U of M seisomologist about the New Madrid fault and the fault lines running from Memphis to Arkansas, with some pretty cool graphics of the fault line layout and depth. Maybe they will rerun it at 10pm.

Cool..>Thanks!!

You know they aren't showing this kind of new coverage for nothin....

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Hi crazyd...today I saw white swans flying but wondered if they were Canadian geese because they had the markings but not the coloring. They were flying south and west and I've never seen them in this area. They were beautiful and took my breath away but I have not ever seen them before, especially not this time of year. No dead birds though, thank goodness. It was really cool, but odd at the same time. I'm pretty sure Canadian geese don't turn white in winter, which it still is here.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I can see them being prepared for a smaller quake but not a large one at all.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I can see them being prepared for a smaller quake but not a large one at all.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Kathy did you hear Dirk say that the school Superintendent who is his close friend said that the town of Guy is sitting on top of a volcano. I did speak with him about that after the meeting again and it explains the diamond found in Search and the geography of what looks like a mud flow that hardened under me.

top topics

<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join