It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 177
<< 174  175  176    178  179  180 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Kathy did you hear Dirk say that the school Superintendent who is his close friend said that the town of Guy is sitting on top of a volcano. I did speak with him about that after the meeting again and it explains the diamond found in Search and the geography of what looks like a mud flow that hardened under me.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by KathyG427
reply to post by ConsentioExpono

I had made a post several pages back where I was connecting the dots between New Mardrid and the Gulf Coast FL Panhandle area. Between Eglin AFB and the Mobile/Ft Morgan EQ last month, and other facts that appear to show that the Gulf region will play into what happens later.

You've probably read it already, but today I read a theory by a geologist, Jack Reed that believed there's a "missing" tectonic plate in the Gulf of Mexico which was responsible for the New Madrid earthquakes and another in SC.
www.aapg.org...
edit on 11-3-2011 by KathyG427 because: link

Yes, I think I have come across that information. It may have been the map I offered as "evidence" that lends to my theory. I followed the Ft Morgan earthquake trail and found that the last AL EQ was:

"In 2008, a 3.1-magnitude earthquake hit the southwest Alabama town of Coffeeville, about 100 miles north of where Friday's quake struck."
www.cbsnews.com...

When they say North of they mean Exact path to meet the New Mardrid fault.

Green line is Mississippi River and Gulf end of New Madrid disaster area.
Blue line is from A) Ft Morgan AL to )B Coffeeville AL (2008 EQ) to C) New Madrid MO. It appears to me that there is a fracture off of the New Madrid fault that occurs diagnally from New Madrid to Mobile AL area as Mr Reed suggests: Mr Reed's map with my "updated" info

edit on 11-3-2011 by ConsentioExpono because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Kathy did you hear Dirk say that the school Superintendent who is his close friend said that the town of Guy is sitting on top of a volcano. I did speak with him about that after the meeting again and it explains the diamond found in Search and the geography of what looks like a mud flow that hardened under me.

I heard it but don't accept it as a fact just because someone claimed it's so. And there's no way of knowing for certain how that single diamond ended up in Searcy.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Could someone please tell me what this could be? I've been monitoring this station since I live near it. I didn't feel anything but am having physical symptoms tonight again.

www.ceri.memphis.edu...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
my thoughts as well. Here is part of their statement released

Plants are equipped with absorbers that would prevent damage to our vital equipment and with seismic monitoring and automatic safe shutdown mechanisms.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
OK Lots of rumbling and light shaking here with every new quake in Japan. I have also heard a wierd sound a couple of times now that sounds like a spring that got popped and vibrated. Anyone have a clue what that would be and has anyone else heard it.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

what does short period station mean

Take a look at this page (That is not on the site yet so I hope it works.)

Basically it is to do with the sensitivity and the ability of the instrument to measure larger earthquakes, or rather I should say stronger ground motion.

edit on 11/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

Not sure what we are supposed to be looking at.

This station looks completely clear.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
OK Lots of rumbling and light shaking here with every new quake in Japan. I have also heard a wierd sound a couple of times now that sounds like a spring that got popped and vibrated. Anyone have a clue what that would be and has anyone else heard it.

Susan...how loud is it? Do you think you may be able to record it??

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I don't know how I could record it. It doesn't last long and have heard it a couple of times in the past 30 to 40 minutes.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

that sounds like a spring that got popped and vibrated

Do you hear water rushing/running?

metal spring being sprung or water spring like natural water feed?
edit on 11-3-2011 by SunflowerStar because: clarify def of spring

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I added New Orleans LA , Mobile AL, and Pensacola FL to the list of cities:

Rivers and Major waterways affected by flooding in the Eastern Region from above map:

Point B on this map is the appx location of 2008 AL EQ but it also the location of the beginning of the Tom BigBee Waterway that stretchs into the TN River at Memphis. (Red line)

edit on 11-3-2011 by ConsentioExpono because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
That one lasted about 45 seconds and shook everything,

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

At the 21:00 timeline, there is a wave or signal of some sort, I am wondering if it is anything significant. My house shook this morning when the 2.6 registered in Guy and I've been on alert all day....

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

No water rushing or running that I can tell. Hubby turned TV up to drown out the puppies playing too. I'll step outside for a second and see if I can hear anything.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Japan battles to contain nuclear crisis after huge quake

"The government warned of a possible radiation leak as authorities began trying to reduce pressure at damaged two nuclear plants, sending tens of thousands of residents out of the area to avoid possible contamination."

news.yahoo.com...

I worry about this for the Kingston TN area Nuclear Testing facility and the one mentioned by another poster in another thread (IIRC) in Arkansas.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Maybe they were snow geese, they look kind of like swans, but smaller, and with markings.

Snow Geese

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I do hear crickets and frogs outside an occasional bark from a neighbors dog, sky is clear, lots of stars out and it seems to be quiet out there at the moment.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

Ah right. I ignored that as it is a calibration signal.

Nothing to worry about.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Ok good, thank you!

new topics

top topics

<< 174  175  176    178  179  180 >>

join