It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW, many folks are waking up spiritually ......

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Was hesitant to post this ....but its just so fascinating and exciting ... I think a real life global awakening is on the verge.....

Yet another prophecy for the end times becoming fulfilled. From the Word of God:

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:"

Acts 2:17

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

well IT seems to me when people suffer depression and they feel out of control of their own circumstances...in otherwords...when times are bad they turn to spirituality as they see no other way out....just as in third world countries spiritualism runs deep amongst the natives. Is it a bad thing to become spiritual based on hardships...I would think not...but I would hope one still keeps an open mind. right now people are scared as many face the dilemnas of life and need to see hope in something.

this is not the case that Im describing...

...what I am saying is that everyday people of all kinds, religious, nonreligious, atheist, agnostics, all over the world and different ages ......are just all of a sudden having spiritual experiences and then wondering about them and how they happened....

Has nothing at all whatsoever to do with turning to spirituality when times are bad.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I sort of had a revelation by reading your post and combining it with an idea I've been mulling for the last few days.
Isn't it lovely..
Sincerely, thank you.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Would love to hear what your thoughts are that you have been mulling over...

If you care to share

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Hmmm... I wouldn't know where to begin really, it's all very fragmented, I haven't had the time to 'integrate' the idea since it was so recent I had it, haven't 'dissolved' the stimuli I guess. I can't really confirm if it's true either, so it is what it is.

Let's just say I think I may be on the way of transcending a situation that causes/used to cause a lot of unneeded frustration and negative feelings.

Again, thank you. Your 'thesis' was well worth it, this is the reason why I frequent this site.

/Sorry if this is off-topic

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar
I would consider myself awakened but the thing that caused it was not god.

I watched a video on youtube that showed the size of the universe and it made me sit in awe, so that lead to the awakening of what is going on around me.

It lead me to ATS the UFO forum but now I read everything here because its not corrupted by the media.

I believe religion was an easy 1 2 3 step guide for enlightenment to unenlightened savages [IE unintelligent monkeys that were just barely learning civilization where rape and murder was for breakfast followed by more rape and pillaging] Yet it is the ONLY thing we still cling to from the bronze age. Which combined with research that shows less wealthy and intelligent communities tend to be more religious than scientists which are 95% non religious and obviously smarter than the common man. Whether you agree with me or not that is true just research it.

Haha... wow. It's kind of funny, this is almost exactly how I feel

The video you happened to see wasn't Science Saved My Soul, was it? That movie has definitely changed my life... it's beautiful and brilliant.

I think the universe is where our conscience lies... as soon as you start to grasp what the universe can be made of, what can be out there, what's possible with all of the energy... your mind becomes awakened to all sorts of possibility. Understanding more physical life leads you to understand the possibility of a spiritual life... it's weird.

This video I recommend though "Science Saved My Soul". It's amazing

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-2-2011 by shagula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Be careful you don't create a false gospel. Christ means anointed one, thus there cannot be more than one anointed ONE. It's a misnomer to say it's a consciousness than can be attained by any one.

Sorry if I didn't say Jesus enough to make no mistake.

It's vitally important to remember at the same time that the one spirit of the living God is the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow, fully informed in eternity, from generation to generation and from age to age and it is in this sense that the "Christ" is ever present, as he who was, who is and who is to come, and this notion of the Christ-mind or Christ consciousness is a vital concept for the renewing of our minds by the very same spirit which indwelt the person of Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ, in fullness and without measure. In this way the "Christ" is not unlike a non-local, holographic cosmological constant of sorts, always available, always accessible, and always practical, aware, and unfathomably loving and filled with wisdom.

In fact it is incumbant upon us to try to access as much of it as possible, so that we also might be reborn from above, in spirit.

"And as my father hath sent me, even so send I you."

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
This video gave me some answers.I would like to here other people to tell me some points that are not true that are represented in the video.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Be careful you don't create a false gospel. Christ means anointed one, thus there cannot be more than one anointed ONE. It's a misnomer to say it's a consciousness than can be attained by any one.

And yet in the same Book you quote we have Paul saying, "Not I but Christ in me,". We have Jesus healing a man and saying, "Pick up your mat and sin no more", we have Jesus saying, "Be Ye Perfect even as your Father is Perfect.

We have Jesus saying, "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you."

When I was just a regular Christian starting out ...I used to think this exact same way ...Follow and be like Christ ...but One can never follow or be like Christ. The Ultimate Paradox....

....with direct experiences after baptism ..this was all to change.... I've located the Soul and the Soul is inherently One with God .....it is the kingdom of heaven within ....

EVERYONE has a soul and yet many are unaware of it because most are wrapped in the mind. It is through the Holy Spirit and the vehicle of the soul that we can and will achieve (the fundamentalists ever impossible) Christhood.....

These glimpses, these awakenings is many times (as seen on this thread alone) a direct experience of God...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
You know I see a lot of people mentioning religion, and spirituality, but what about faith. I am a Christian, and I have faith in God Almightly. I don't consider myself religious, I consider myself to be filled with the holy spirit, and if people are waking up with a new found faith/belief in something higher than themselves then that is amazing and God at work.
I am a fire fighter and I have seen many accidents in my 10 years on the dept. I have seen vehicles where they hardly look like they have a scratch on them and they have been fatal accidents, whereas i've seen other vehicles where you think "there is no way someone could survive that" and have the people have walked away. For me this just confirms that God is watching out for them, or that it is their time to go. I am also a mother to a wonderful little girl, and for any of you parents out there, who have experienced childbirth either going through it or watching it and not believe in a higher power or in my case "God" then it must be a sorry existence.
Everyone has belief, it just depends what you believe in. Some believe in nothing, some believe in God, and so on, but we all believe something.
What gets me is in reading posts on here that have been trashing those who do believe, and I find it ironic that as they were bashing religion, siting the faults of religion as bashing others, and they are doing the very same thing they say they hate about those religions, bashing those who do believe.
Why is it so wrong for someone to have faith or spirituality or religion, and what is it hurting those who choose not to believe. My mom always taught me "if you don't have anything nice to say, then DON'T say anything at all"

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SusyQ30

I believe in God in a sense that my faith is god. Because God is me, God is everything in existence, in my opinion. So even though im spiritual and hold no religion, I pray to "God." I pray to the holy spirit. Holy meaning perfect, nothing but love for creation, and that same spirit lies within us because although we may have different expressions, we are one and the same. I believe there may be one spirit that is in a sense a "god" because just like there may be a Galaxy that was the first galaxy to be created, there may be a spirit which was created first and then expanded.

And the people who bash other people, whether their bashing a religious person or bashing an atheist, may be because their faith in there beliefs is not as strong as they would hope for, which is why they lash out when someone doesn't agree with them. To me, there is nothing anybody could ever say to me to make me change what I believe, simply because of experiences and research.

Not bashing religious or non-religious people, but it's funny how a person who doesn't believe in anything would be so quick to change their mind once something very prominent happens to them. Same goes for religions, once science comes out and proves something that may go against their text, it's time to revise it so it still fits.

If their faith was really as strong as they thought, that wouldn't be the case.
edit on 2-2-2011 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Internet Explorer

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
Im really not sure where to stand in such a thread.

I find it bad form of those that are calling those that are not seeking or have not had 'spiritual experiences' things like 'sheeple, zombies, or telling them they have golf ball size anything'.

Inner growth...does not lead you to hold yourself above another...ever.

Know between growth of ego and growth of soul.

Look out for 'being full of yourself'.

Good post. Some of the posters in this thread so desperately want to be part of some seekrit club of people who 'get it' while they belittle others as being 'asleep'
It's pseudo-spirituality and it's bulls#it.

I agree with this too, but LV's comment about the naysayers claiming spiritual people are Zombies is just false... see the naysayers are the "Zombies"

George Romero gave a good analogy of consumerism being behind his original series of movies, the active naysayer against spirituality is very consumer minded, and it is not only in products and material items, it is also different types of media that they consume.

what they really want though is to eat our brains, because they just can't understand... but somehow they think it will help them or make them smarter

edit on 2/2/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusyQ30
You know I see a lot of people mentioning religion, and spirituality, but what about faith. I am a Christian, and I have faith in God Almightly. I don't consider myself religious,

I too am like you, I have faith in God and believe in Jesus Christ but my religion happens to be Heavy Metal.

I guess anything one considers a hobby or partakes in with a spiritual veracity could be considered their religion.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

Originally posted by Internet Explorer

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
Im really not sure where to stand in such a thread.

I find it bad form of those that are calling those that are not seeking or have not had 'spiritual experiences' things like 'sheeple, zombies, or telling them they have golf ball size anything'.

Inner growth...does not lead you to hold yourself above another...ever.

Know between growth of ego and growth of soul.

Look out for 'being full of yourself'.

Good post. Some of the posters in this thread so desperately want to be part of some seekrit club of people who 'get it' while they belittle others as being 'asleep'
It's pseudo-spirituality and it's bulls#it.

I agree with this too, but LV's comment about the naysayers claiming spiritual people are Zombies is just false... see the naysayers are the "Zombies"

George Romero gave a good analogy of consumerism being behind his original series of movies, the active naysayer against spirituality is very consumer minded, and it is not only in products and material items, it is also different types of media that they consume.

what they really want though is to eat our brains, because they just can't understand... but somehow they think it will help them or make them smarter

edit on 2/2/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

I never said the naysayers were claiming spiritual people are zombies. I said...a person that has grown within them, spiritually, would not call people names, like saying the ones that 'dont get it' are zombies.

Which is why I didnt know where to stand in this thread. I will back people claiming they have had experiences that led them to a revelation and helps them now to be a better person in the world, being 'of' the world. But I wont back people that claim to be 'awake' spiritually, then only to turn around and call people names that belittles them in any way.

Ego is a huge hurdle...and to 'know' you have gained some great spiritual wisdom...this should not cause a person to sink back to the level of calling people out on 'what they do not know'.

In fact...they should be forgiving...for what others, know not. You dont hold wisdom over someone elses head. But yet the wisdom that you gained, should allow you to love and be empathetic to those that dont understand.

I...never...called anyone....zombies. I only encouraged, others to do the same. Especially, those claiming to have some sort of 'spiritual knowing' of their inner nature and true being.

Are we really trying to help someone...by saying they are a zombie? Is that really going to lead them to the 'knowing' of something great beyond them?

Knowing...comes from within. No matter what another tells another about their own personal knowing....this is not going to force someone to 'see' what the other has saw. Be humble, of any spiritual wisdom. Be willing to share it, where its sought for. Be willing to accept others, equally.

There are some on this thread that have done just that...they were attacked by others calling them out on 'calling being awake a truth'...and they in return, became defensive...and eventually called those that are 'not awake'...sheeple, zombies, ect...and I said...this is bad form.
edit on 2-2-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

actually you are correct... I am just used to hearing spiritual folks being called zombies or something, I guess that come from other sections of the forum and different age groups.

I appreciate your response and it is something to consider, though I never like it when I see people especially new arrivals getting trampled on... they have a right to be here too

peace LV

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I "woke up" about a year ago. It was made clear to me by providence and my God that love is really the only thing worth revering. There is no problem you cannot solve by surrounding it in love. If everybody loved you as your mother loves you or how you love your child, there would be no wars. It sounds very hippy-esque, I know, but it's the core truth behind God. Mind you, I speak nothing of "religion".

Since my "awakening", I have been filled with a sense of unchecked optimism and a not-so-inconsiderable dose of insanity. It's almost a feverish energy I feel and... and, it's just insane. My wife has been more than accepting of my new spiritual body and has even changed, herself. So, to anybody who is thinking of taking that brave plunge of getting over yourself and abandoning all hate, GO FOR IT!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
is any one else feeling the energies? there's change in the air ,thats for sure.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

nice post man , i admit i sometimes call people zombies but after reading your post its made me see sense lol.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
When enough cosmic rays penetrate through our bodies, we have the opportunity to look at ourselves from a different perspective. However, it should be noted that, even evil, when illuminated, shines just as brightly as anything that is good. So if things to fall to a more dense state, make sure that you land on the correct side of the border.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

not long now dude,the greatest blockbuster on earth is about to go down.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join