It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW, many folks are waking up spiritually ......

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I would consider myself awakened but the thing that caused it was not god.

I watched a video on youtube that showed the size of the universe and it made me sit in awe, so that lead to the awakening of what is going on around me.

It lead me to ATS the UFO forum but now I read everything here because its not corrupted by the media.

I believe religion was an easy 1 2 3 step guide for enlightenment to unenlightened savages [IE unintelligent monkeys that were just barely learning civilization where rape and murder was for breakfast followed by more rape and pillaging] Yet it is the ONLY thing we still cling to from the bronze age. Which combined with research that shows less wealthy and intelligent communities tend to be more religious than scientists which are 95% non religious and obviously smarter than the common man. Whether you agree with me or not that is true just research it.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It is true you never understand until you start waking up. Then it seems so obvious. I love it how it is nothing to do with religion - it is you and everything inside of you.

I had for the most part of my life been an atheist, but after I started searching, meditating, looking within, I realised I didn't have 'to be anything' - that's the cool thing right there. I could go on but I won't. I'll let you find out things for yourself.

Anyway it's obvious there has been a big shift and more people are becoming consciously aware. I also find it interesting how many consciously aware people I have talked to, that think 2011 is going to be a really amazing year...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I think awakening rocks
cool topic

There's hunger in Africa
And anger on assembly lines
At the touch of a button, I'm miles away
I want no connection
Just the information and I'm gone

I feel so helpless
So I turn my gaze to another place
My global mind reaches out for the truth

Why try holding back the wave?
You'll only drown in the changes
We've got to learn to let go, just let go

And experience the flight
Just try to see from a different side
If balance is the key
Then maybe we'll see a future understanding

Then we won't feel so helpless
And turn away and hide from the change
My global mind searches for something new
My global mind zeros in on news

Time and rules are changing
Attention span is quickening
Welcome the Information Age

I feel so helpless
So I turn my gaze to another place

My global mind searches for something new
My global mind zeros in on news
My global mind reaches out for the truth
My global mind zeros in on you

Its searching everywhere,
Across the mountains,
Across the oceans,
Across every man made line.
No boundary gonna keep it from you.

edit on 2/2/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
Im really not sure where to stand in such a thread.

I find it bad form of those that are calling those that are not seeking or have not had 'spiritual experiences' things like 'sheeple, zombies, or telling them they have golf ball size anything'.

Inner growth...does not lead you to hold yourself above another...ever.

Know between growth of ego and growth of soul.

Look out for 'being full of yourself'.

Good post. Some of the posters in this thread so desperately want to be part of some seekrit club of people who 'get it' while they belittle others as being 'asleep'
It's pseudo-spirituality and it's bulls#it.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Wow I can confirm that. Even my dad started realizing whats up. It kind of scares me.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4

Pathetic thread. Did you not read her full story? That man didn't wake up, he became mentally ill. For petes sake he kidnapped his family (even his daughter feared him and ran away from him). he yelled and raged at his wife, he told his wife hes going to die soon, he argued and the attacked and faught police officers and was arrested. Thats the result of a spiritual awakening? WTF.. what kind of god or greater spiritual path wants you to attack police officers and scare the # out of your loved ones????

Gimme a break, the poor man snapped and needs medical treatment/help, not to listen to religious/"spiritual" fools like the OP who will tell him not to take his medication and listen to the voices in his head. Pathetic, its so sad in our society how only religious people are excused from completely horrible behaviour like attacking police officers and scaring/yelling at your family.
edit on 2-2-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for this, I was genuinely beginning to feel like I was the weird one here.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
How lovely to see people (sheeple) starting to awake from this "evil" system and having some spiritual experiences (which actually happens daily, just never wanted to real-eyesed [realized]).
But one thing that those spiritual "brothers" and "sisters" dont see is that they are getting conditioned for the coming "great deception". Love and light will be with them

Seek the light, it will set you FREEEEEEE

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tempesillest

Sure, some people are brainwashed by their religion. That's a fact, they go so deep into their religious text's to the point where they become negative towards others for their religion because they believe every last thing in the text which puts them further away from their "God."

I have never had a religion or affiliation with one. Im glad now, because I like being free, following spirituality. I believe in an afterlife through experiences and research. Yet, I don't believe in this because of religion, just my spirit guiding me back to the information from which I came. This is about the Earth as a spirit waking up though. And sure, some people are waking up, seeing things a little differently for the better, but the sh** is also hitting the fan.

You know I don't follow religious texts, but there are some things in the bible that are just good life lessons, showing you how to be a good human being like we are supposed to be. Some things that speak of the "end times." Im not one to say it will happen because I believe the spirit as a whole on this planet can change anything. If more people begin to carry more positive energy to the point where it outweighs the negative, we will be in the right direction. I feel right now though, as if it is about equal. Im seeing that alot of people are beginning to at least think outside the box instead of "screw your god and religion they are al full of crap", and some who are just the same as they've always been.

Things have been happening this year alone so far that may show us what is to come. I believe this is the worlds chance to change for the better, or for worse. Human ingenuity can change anything, there's many paths we can take.

The reason I was talking about the doomsday thing as well, is because I was reading a little on Edgar Cayce's prophecies the other day and found one where he talks about "strife" rising in and around places like Libya and Egypt. I found this odd, considering the things that are going on right now. I also found it odd it was a "WW3" prediction. I was thinking "why world war three? this can cause a world war three?", then learning more about it, if the country fell into wrong hands and things developed for the worse, we would be in trouble. I heard many people talking about a world war three. So now all I hope is that they get somebody who is a true leader who will lead Egypt for the better.

Pretty much, if terrorist's got ahold of a country or region, and brainwashed many with their Jihad and Allah statements about killing and the death of westernization, we might actually see a world war three. Which I don't, but I know Edgar Cayce made that prediction because it could possibly happen, yet like he even said, everything and anything can change, better or for worse. And when it comes to Edgar Cayce, with all of the accurate predictions and information he brought back, I know there is truth in his experiences. Some turn out to be true, some not because of a change in the world. Yet, Egypt isn't doing to good right now, so hopefully the loving prayers of 10 men can change the country.

edit on 2-2-2011 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by samwiseold

Your like me, spiritual. Not a religion, just the state of finally finding "you." Your spirit. You begin to come more aware of things and it does feel great, not following religions.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube
well IT seems to me when people suffer depression and they feel out of control of their own circumstances...in otherwords...when times are bad they turn to spirituality as they see no other way out....just as in third world countries spiritualism runs deep amongst the natives.
Is it a bad thing to become spiritual based on hardships...I would think not...but I would hope one still keeps an open mind.
right now people are scared as many face the dilemnas of life and need to see hope in something.

I am a spiritual person but I don't have fear of anything and I am not depressed. It is just your defense mechanism to put down other people's beliefs to make yourself feel better. You may want to look deep within yourself and understand why you think that way. Or maybe, you are really just unawakened for now.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

I just finally started finding my spirituality about 2 years ago, and I can tell you I was happy at the time and im happy now. I love my life and feel extremely lucky to live on this planet at this moment in our "time." Your statement may pertain to some, but for me it's the exact opposite. I've noticed the little things in life that make me feel great. Like even going outside and looking at nature, the trees, the birds, the clouds and the sun. Everything. I feel at home, peaceful, and love this planet to no end.

So your statement is a little off.
edit on 2-2-2011 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
This thread inspired by another ATS users thread posted by (stellawayten):

My Husband Woke Up...

which basically describes how her hard-lined Atheistic/Agnostic husband had an awakening/spiritual experience, started talking about it at work, and was prescribed bi-polar drugs.....

I just wanted you guys here at ATS to know that since the new year I have had people calling and coming to me with glimpses and other spiritual experiences .......folks which I would never in a million years expect to contact me.

I'm talking about a few hard-core atheists with every Hitchens and Harris book that used to debate me till they were blue in the face ....... are now stopping by or calling me up with this child-like fervor and new found gleam in their eyes ....admitting to me that their life long built up system of logic and reason is crumbling in the face of some new experiences ......

It is extremely exhilarating and I think it really might have something to do with us closing in on 2012, earth changes, etc.....

Was hesitant to post this ....but its just so fascinating and exciting ... I think a real life global awakening is on the verge.....

Front row seats !!!!!!

Not all atheists are the same. Although I am an atheist in the sense that I don't believe in a god, I do believe we have a spirit, that it is eternal, and that we likely self-created ourselves. That belief came about after decades of believing in a fairy tale, i.e. Christianity. If these people are trading in one mistake (total blanket denial of the existence of anything beyond this realm) for another, I wouldn't consider that progress.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
reply to post by tempesillest

Religion ≠ spirituality.

In fact the two are more like opposites. You made similar ignorant remarks on the other thread the OP was talking about. Most spiritual people on these boards share your dislike of religion, so your preaching to the choir here. Alot of people are waking up out of religion or atheism(those two are surprisingly similar) and into true spirituality.

I hear ya. It seems to be happening exponentially. Such a great time to be alive huh.
edit on 1-2-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

Betty Eadie saw this coming a long time ago.
Embraced by the Light
It turns out God has been here all along. How about that?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
yea i woke up and realy i don"t like it, it's so horrible to live in this world !!!! i'm trying to focus on one thing keep myself balanced...and not fall into insanity !!! i write a threads about it... now i feel like a horse waiting to do his race !!!! i can't wait much longer, something inside of me waiting to be unleashed ! but damn !!! what ? ...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by darkl0rd

my dear darklord it's not about the light but only about the darkness ! i could not say i know and what others are, what they should look or not.
We are all in the darkness and individually we must lead our way and we all meet in the crossroad i will follow only my inner voice...
edit on 2-2-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Oddly, I had my "awaking" sophomore year 2008, and so did my 2 brothers.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by Monts

I think the "you can understand things within your heart" or "evolve into divinity" concepts are lies. If the entities tell you something is going to happen and it does not happen then they are not from God. If spirits are real, why do you suppose that because they put of a mantle of light they are telling the truth? If they lie about what is to come, can't they be deceiving spirits trying to fool you into voluntarily throwing salvation for a lie? We are warned to test the spirits.

I never mentioned talking to spirits as a part of spirituality.

Sure, some people may claim to be in contact with spirits... but all the stuff I have read about channeling says to abandon a spirit as soon as it tells you specific dates or actions to partake in. Benevolent spirits would never predict dates or do anything that would cause doubt to spur inside your being.

By "seeking the truth within", I am talking about learning to let go of your ego, and letting your true self take over- i.e. learn to trust your intuition and conscience rather than doing what the materialistic paradigm we live in and the people around you tell you to.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Glad i cleared things up for you

The most tell-tale signs of a spiritual experience, in my opinion, are signs that you begin to look at and participate in reality in a different way.

Speaking of religion, I think that it can be an amazing tool for people who are seeking support and community- in fact, I was raised a catholic, and I still go to church to play music at mass and to take part in our youth group. I don't at all believe in the dogmas or follow the specific doctrines of the church- but I see the value of the community centered around the church, and without doubt, the Catholics in my town are by far the nicest and most loving people around.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Have any of you researched 11:11?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

BAHAHAHA

i cant believe how many stars you got with this truely informative thread

First i saw the "my husband woke up" thread on the front page, then about 10 minutes later i see your thread on the front page beside it, riding it to star/flag glory without actually saying anything

Every 2 weeks theres an "everybodys waking up thread". this has been going on for years.

Why is it that people never "wake up" in canada? lack of exposure to alien powers perhaps?

This thread has given me a good reason to laugh whole-heartedly

one big, delirious flock of sheep.

Just because one person (supposedly) finds god does not mean that 2012 is going to beam you up

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join