It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW, many folks are waking up spiritually ......

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamJagger1111
we have free agency to act for our selfs ,yes its an illusion of seperation but its FUN isnt it lol!

There is a reason the design has been made with 'free agency' to act for the self. For one will not live for the 'one' until they are ready, through understanding, and at their own will....to allow the IAM to 'be'.

As I said...we will all live for 'self/individuality' as long as we are not ready to be the perfect expression of the true nature of our being.

Its meant to be this way.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

i agree the absolute fact is we are ONE experiencing its self.the whole reason we have free agency or individuality is for our ONE self to experience its self.

It is for 'one' to experience itself...but also, to become a 'perfect expression' of itself eventually.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

there can be a state of oneness but also we can have individuality at the same time.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

But dont you see...how others influenced you? Gave you ideas to think about, gave your mind something to think critically on? Offered you a chance to step outside your own thoughts and look at a another avenue of possibility?

yeah of course..... I most definitely agree that the awakening of One person (in a dualistic illusuory sense) has a huge impact and effect on the whole..... until we eventually reach a critical mass that ends up directly effecting every last One..... it seems bound to be that way .....as if its headed there....

but not without a fight ...so it seems ...jut like the ego fights its own death ....those operating in the old frameworks will fight to the death to uphold their old frameworks.... we may have to get through a WW III hell on earth type event to come out of it on the other end into a global enlightenment age. (just somewhat of a hunch)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Front row seats to the fireworks sounds really cool. I couldn't help but wonder while I sifted through both articles if this type of experience is becoming moreso today or if it has been porevalent throughout history? Insanity and spirituality verses sanity and physical life - where does one draw a line to balance? I also wondered as I read the articles if the person who was an Aethiest suddenly became religious or if they became spiritual without religion belief or if the person ever gave a description of what images woke him up. Too much for the imagination I guess.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by specialdelivery

so your calling spirituality insanity?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

reply to post by specialdelivery

so your calling spirituality insanity?

I'm a very spiritually awakened person and I'll admit it is insanity. Insanity does not equal invalid, however. Nor is insanity less worthy than sanity. By definition, spirituality (faith seems less and less necessary these days therefore not a good word for spirituality) moves away from "sanity". There is nothing wrong with that.

"Sane" is not taking anything beyond its face value. For a truly "sane" person, there is nothing deeper than what they see, feel, touch, smell, or taste. Who wants to be that guy?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

well isn't it more sane to wake up spiritualy than to live in the illusion that your sane because you think spirituality is insane lol

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tempesillest

Sir or Madam, I have a god. It's not exactly the god the church tried to sell me. In fact, my god is quite different. It doesn't need any church or temple, because it's temple is the universe.

And I don't have to search it, because I find it in every little thing.

I love it, because it tells me to not be afraid of death.

I love it, because I know it's inside of me and all around me, and I'll never go lost, whatever may happen.

Because it is me, and I... am everything...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

well isn't it more sane to wake up spiritualy than to live in the illusion that your sane because you think spirituality is insane lol

Do you not understand why some dont understand anything of Spirit? This experience is led by senses, its not obvious that we have a connection within us or beyond us of what this experience is all about.

Why should people consider something they cant see, hear, smell, and touch? We should not judge those that live to the 'matter of facts' before them and their senses. When it is time....they will see with their own two eyes, things they did not see before. They will hear things with their ears that was not there before. They will touch things with their own two hands and realize there is more there to their touch then they ever knew.

Mankind personifying things they did not understand, through routes of religions...have offered mankind a 'stepping stone' to consider there is more then meets the eyes first glance. Mankind is now breaking away from the 'box' that they were allowed to 'seek' in and its showing in many that they dont need to be told by another that yes, there is more then meets the eye here. But only...when they are personally ready...will such things manifest.

As I began to feel guidance....a inner energy that was telling me what I needed to study, to read, to practice....I had to doubt my sanity. I constantly, was re centering every day...because the uplift that came from experiences...made me want to stay to myself and just soak it all in and remove the world around me. Its not a easy balance to start 'experiencing' things you cant show to another person....and then join other people in 'living' when its as if you just came back to Earth and were somewhere else before joining them.

Many experience this 'fear' that if they really start to seek within....and use their own reasoning...that just maybe something 'will' happen....something will 'stir' within them....and then what? They have a perceived 'definition' of what 'sane' is supposed to mean and in that definition....people are not supposed to be able to 'touch god, hear god, feel god'. Many, are even afraid taht if they did 'feel something'....that it would be a trick, something evil, something to misguide them anyways. So they stay in the 'box' that the world has 'allowed' to exist....and they at the MOST...will only expect what is in a book, what they have been given permission....to explore or except...without being 'labeled' insane.

One should constantly ask their selves why they feel what they do. One should constantly test all of their experiences and double check if pride, envy, lust, greed, shame, depression, ect...could of been any factor in their experiences or their belief.

Truth....should be....something that another man does not have to tell you of. Absolute truth of Spirit....the true gems...should be things that any one can find, all alone.

When we get into the realms of 'visions or experiences' that are spiritual in nature....we should not forget that there are illnesses that involve delusions, manic episodes, and multiple personalities.

Something that helped me during my most deepest experiences...was that I was taking classes for psychology. So as I was having experiences...I was learning how the mind works and why it does some of the crazy things it does....out of response to its environment, out of reaction to personal desires and fears, out of social hunger or social phobias.

I would advise anyone that is going through a 'growing within them' to study how the mind works, how the conscious mind works with the unconscious mind. Then one can start to observe and learn how the Spirit could possibly work with the instrument that we are.

I dont find it insane at all that people are not 'seeking' something they cant see. It used to make me so angry that the world was made to be like this...for I did not understand the reasons of why a 'god/spirit' of all things, would hide itself from those that it wanted to seek Theeself. I now understand why it is as it is...and see it is perfect. If people are finding that its insane to seek something they cant see...they are in need of many more experiences in life to show them things, to show them, there is more then meets the eye.

I saw something once that baffled any known logic and through my logical sight...out the window. Even then, as I watched it before me with my real eyes....my mind/brain still said.... no way no way no way no way.

Discernment between what is of spirit and what is of flesh...is not always as easy as it sounds. For those that are not ready to 'face the spirit' within them or around them....they will simply adhear to what is on the surface and not be able to see there is something they can look through, far and beyond, the surface of things.

There is a bit of courage and confidence....that one must have...to begin to consider any possibilities that exists beyond their logical senses. Fear...will hold most back from even considering anything outside their own little box. But when Thee stirs within them...being ready to 'show' them more...it will.

There are many reasons...why it is as it is. Those that are finding it insane to seek spiritual things or to have spiritual experiences...just have not been given what they need to really look and observe.

This is why we should not call them sheeple...for there are reasons they are not ready to see. What we should show them is the nature of Spirit, which is love, patients, honesty, acceptance, empathy, and compassion.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tempesillest
they didn't wake up... but fell victim to the plague of the world called religion.

you know why I think religion is full of crap. because there is so many different ones, they all have there "holy books" that claim there is a higher being then us and if we follow them and the teaching we will be rewarded. yet they all disagree with each other and fight and kill over it.

I have heard so many different people coming from different religions claiming that there religion is the true one and they know that for 100% fact, and will swear to me that they know its true, and all other ones are wrong and will talk crap about other religions..

Therefore I conclude they are ALL wrong and these people have been brainwashed or brainwashed themselves into believing it for whatever reason... fear of death, fear of hell, to see loved ones again who have passed, 29 virgins, etc etc

I think its been made clear that this thread is not about waking up to any religion.

But to clarify further about religion....it has had its place in the history of cultures and groups for what they were in need of in their time.

Just as everything evolves with time....so too does the consciousness of mankind.

You are right...religions have placed a fear on man. But they still had their purpose in growth for their culture and time. To study a religion, one must too, study the land of that religion, the people that it was birthed from, and the former cultures that influenced it. Then it becomes a study of 'man and the mind of man'...instead of 'god'. Now and then we can find the nature of spirit within every single religion....but there must be discernment...looking beyond the surface of it all.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialdelivery
Front row seats to the fireworks sounds really cool. I couldn't help but wonder while I sifted through both articles if this type of experience is becoming moreso today or if it has been porevalent throughout history? Insanity and spirituality verses sanity and physical life - where does one draw a line to balance? I also wondered as I read the articles if the person who was an Aethiest suddenly became religious or if they became spiritual without religion belief or if the person ever gave a description of what images woke him up. Too much for the imagination I guess.

If you really are wondering....the only thing that will really tell you what it 'is or not is'....is for you yourself, to study many experiences from all walks of life...study the history of mankind and why man believed what they did for their time and culture...study near death experiences....and then take some humble honest moments and look within you and within life of all things around you.

I do think that alot of 'beliefs' are built upon what a person is in need of. So I think one must be at a place in their life where they are dealing with life in a healthy way, they are not using drugs or other crutches to 'cope' with life, they are tending to a healthy life style of work and social adaptations....before they can honestly observe it for themselves between what if of flesh and spirit.

It is most defiantly true that people can 'create' things...for comfort. And it is hard to discern between the foundation that their 'thoughts or experiences' were built upon...or if there is a pure true nature to it all.

But...this is why I believe..its not for another man to tell another man...what 'truth' is. This is why I feel it makes sense that as one is ready, honest, and humble....each person can seek things of Spirit and will have personal understanding for what they are ready to learn of. Its great to hear about others experiences and share with others...but ultimately, everyone should trust their own deeper self to show them things.

If one is not ready to give that a try...then they wont and no one should make them feel like they are anything less then for not being ready to consider 'more'.

Can you prove love to me? Can you show me beauty? What you think is love or beautiful...might not be the same for me. What about happiness...can you show me happiness?

We all must meet the Holy Spirit, on a personal level and will. Sometimes we let other things of the world block the true energy of Spirit...like being a 'self', being prideful, wishing for rewards, ect. If other things do block the true nature...then they will only understand so much. But...it will be enough, for them, for what they are in need of, and what they are ready for.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I have only now had a chance to post to this thread, and as it has become too long for me to read, I may be repeating ground already covered.

In my opinion, experiences of a spiritual nature have always happened to people of all persuasions, but prior to the global phenomenon of the internet and the concommitant explosion of spiritual literature, non-believers especially had lacked a point of reference for these experiences.

In the past, people may have regarded them as peak experiences and epiphanies, or were content to view them as mysteries of life. Nowadays, if they have the same experience, they can enter a few key words into google and find a million sites eager to provide a framework for what they perceived and felt.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

There will be more wars. But slowly, on personal levels...as Spirit emanates more fully...healing will start in the minds of men...seeing and understanding the worth of unity, standing together, the common grounds we have as a species, as a world.

We will walk many paths that are not...that will lead to the path that is.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

there can be a state of oneness but also we can have individuality at the same time.

Only to a certain point...for one is just an illusion and finite...the other is absolute and infinite. One is just a filter for the renewing/evolving of Spirit...the other is the filter/instrument for the other to process through.

But understand, it is the ego that longs for being individual. The ego is threatened at the idea that the individual self is not eternal and that we are all 'one' in our true self.

We cant ignore that we have different bodies, different personalities, different intellects....but we also cant ignore..that we all react off of eachother, respond to the world around us, that we and the whole universe, acts as 'one' together.

There is ONE that fills all things...and that is the Holy Spirit. This is not the same as the higher self...for a higher self...is still connected and concerned to personal-ism, individuality, 'self'. Sprint is concerned will 'all', 'harmony with all, unity. So depending on what the individual is seeking for...will depend on if they are led by the higher self, or something more then the higher self, which is the holy spirit.

The reason many are on the path of self still, is they are being taught to seek their own higher self. Seek the Holy Spirit which is of ALL...the inner core being of us all....then you will understand what I speak. Living for the nature of the Holy Spirit...and living for a personal higher self...is two different paths...leading in two different understandings and purpose.

This all goes back to....we live for 'self' or we live in service to all.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Since the Illuminati love this story so darned much, I decided I needed to read it. (duh)
Osirus, Horus, and Set.

There must be death until the conscious power of human thought grows so strong that you can even overcome death. When enough human beings awake, the Earth flies up and our story ends. But until then . . .
Sounds very much like awakening/Ascension. Talks about how Set/Death is "needed" until that time. link

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
the liberal democrats just have a way with folks if you ask me

they feed it... it gets bigger !

fools

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSDDay
reply to post by seagrass

Oddly, I had my "awaking" sophomore year 2008, and so did my 2 brothers.
Yes and in my twin flame (soulmates of a higher order) research many found theirs during that time. twin flames being one of many methods of spiritual awakening.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
hello im new to this site
referring to the title of this forum... i agree alot of people around me now are starting to except spirituality and embrace metaphysics its nice but so many of them just dont actually believe it or truly believe it i should say to be more accurate its nice to have more people to talk to but i still feel like i shouldn't share my experience's with them

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
When a awakening happens it is usually just a glimpse of what is real. Like a clich, it is recognized. It makes us question. We have seen something but it is something that we do not understand because it is beyond anything that we have seen/experienced before. It is very real and beyond amazing. I don't know why but with it came a need to explore 'religious' writings??? And lo and behold they were pointing at what i could see.
This was in 1993, i read a lot of J Krisnamurti, and understood everything he was saying. Life was a complete breeze, it flowed beautifully, my life had not changed (i prior to this hated life, it was so painful) but now for no apparent reason it was transformed. I didn't know why life was so delicious, but it was. I used to say to people that i wanted to wrap it up and give it to everyone.
I could now see people and things raw and that can be quite painful watching others hurting each other. I didn't have the understanding back then but i was aware of what was always going on, life was imediate and direct. It can be terrififying, the sensory overload is great when the enviroment is peaceful, but in a dysfunction family unit, ouch, very ouch. I think this could be one of the reasons i 'lost' it and maybe because i did not know i had had an awakening and i did not know of anyone else that had had this experience. Everything was so obvious yet when i spoke to others they didn't get it, quite lonely. I felt i'd gotten something amazing and then i felt i lost it.
For years i returned to the suffering, spent years in councelling. Until 2009 when i learned of others who had experienced the same.
Wow. Intergration of an awakening can take many years. However, it is always now.
Liberation is the freedom to remember that it all starts here and ends here.
edit on 1-5-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join