It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW, many folks are waking up spiritually ......

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
What the hell does it mean to wake up spiritually?

To believe in supernatural forces?

To achieve higher moral understanding?

To BS oneself through a part of life?

The true answer to your questions can be any of the three. Most importantly though is to understand that life is a test, a very complicated and yet very simple test. Love. If you can love in a world like this, you are a beautiful spirit, indeed.

If BSing yourself helps you to live a better life, then I say do it.

Truth is not as important as many would have you believe. The only "truth" that matters is that we all need to learn how to co-exist with each other. These pissing-contests we call "war" and "politics" are getting ridiculous. There for a minute, I could of swore we were de-evolving. But, like the OP of this thread, I too have noticed the awakening that's been going on for the past two years (I was actually part of it).

I think it will be a trying year for all of us, but the night is always darkest before the dawn, and the light is on it's way.

Stay strong people. We've survived much worse.

And we'll survive much more.

edit on 2-2-2011 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2011 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Im really not sure where to stand in such a thread.

I find it bad form of those that are calling those that are not seeking or have not had 'spiritual experiences' things like 'sheeple, zombies, or telling them they have golf ball size anything'.

Inner growth...does not lead you to hold yourself above another...ever.

Know between growth of ego and growth of soul.

Look out for 'being full of yourself'.

Even though I side with those in that spiritual experience do exists...their purpose is a complex issue on many levels. Some spiritual experiences are simply a unconsciousness trying to 'work things out' with the conscious mind. When this occurs, the 'images' that are used to 'communicate' between the conscious mind and the unconscious mind are 'preconceived' images or ideas that have already been placed in the mind from what a persons surroundings has already placed there to be of use for 'messages' from the unconsciousness to the conscious mind. Sometimes...a lack of love growing up...will cause a person to be very attracted to certain ideas...like experiencing what some call a 'family of light' that loves them. But we must ask...why then dont we all experience such a family of light...if its truth. My mother during her NDE experienced Jesus touching her face and calling her 'daughter'...but then why dont all NDE include such a experience of Jesus in them?

Experiences...are deeply personal. Often...they have a underlying 'message' that the unconscious mind is trying to work through to the conscious mind. Often, the message is not seen at all because the person will be so caught up in what is called the 'saintly' level...because the 'fulfillment of self' is so fulfilling as a being...that the true message is not seen or sought.

Often, things like 'ascension' are 'attractive' to people...the 'ego' is filled with the idea that one may be worthy of something another is not...and then words get used like 'sheeple' which is a belittling action that a spiritual person would not partake of.

Inner growth....is not necessarily...a spiritual experience...but it is, a conscious experience. It also is not void of ego...because to claim you 'know' something...is the personal self of you talking...it is your 'ego' that claims to 'know ' anything at all.

I see those that see great things happening to mankind on a level that seems 'great'....but yet they still dont think its obviously great enough...for they still wait some magical transformation that makes no sense what so ever in this world we observe. They await to have a world that what ever they ask for or need is just given to them...and this makes no sense what so ever. There is no reason to assume such a existence 'is'. Even those that I have witnessed having NDE...do not just wish or need something and it just be there.

To think any of us are ready for an existence where we just 'want' for something and we get that....is what I call 'being attracted' to blissful thinking. Sure, its a nice thought...but what growth or worth would there be in such an existence? How can you enjoy such a bliss...knowing that all others that are of this 'same spirit' that you all claim to know is of all things...are still struggling, are still not 'seeing', and who still need strong souls to 'lead the way'. Can you all be like the Buddha who you keep quoting...and refuse heaven without all the other 'parts of spirit/you' who have not 'gotten it yet'?

If all is Spirit....and you knowing you are Spirit...do you really think the choice of 'the life of Spirit' is going to go enjoy a 'bliss for self' while so many others in Spirit are still 'lost'? Are you really in 'be-ing' of service to Spirit....or are you in service to 'self' and just denying this?

There is work here to be done. What is your hurry for the 'happiness of self' to move on, to ascend, to leave those that need you the most'?

Do you really think those like Jesus or Buddha went on to have 'bliss' while the others of Spirit are still here? Wasnt it Jesus who said there was no glory to be found, if it was only 'self glory' that he would gain? Wasnt he out to find glory for the all...which would be one in spirit?

A few have came on this thread to point out to some of you...you are caught in the saintly phase. Eastern mystics say that this is the level most westerners get stuck in, because having experiences is 'fulfilling of self'. Often, those that are seeking things of Spiritual nature...have a past of lacking loved in their life, having depression, having huge fears, having a 'void' in their life..and often, their experiences will show them this and teach them about their 'self desires, self attractions, self fears'...and can help them understand and distinguish between what is the 'self' (the illusion) and what is the Spirit (our true self).

There is a great opening of the human mind going on...and dont ever think that every religion, every lie, every single event in human history...does not have its place in the big picture of things. Many want to talk about the elite hiding things or lying to people. All things have their place and nothing is by mistake or should not of been.

Each religion has its place for that time, culture, and people. Just because it may be loosing its place in our present time, does not mean it did not or does not still, have its place. Everything gives us something to weigh and measure.

We are seeing a 'age' where man is moving out of religion and moving out of the box. Yes, this is a great thing to witness and be a part of. But are you going to be disappointed if that is all it is? If certain dates pass by without some great parting or door opening to a new 'world' are you going to be able to handle that?

As I learned between the 'wants of self' and nature of spirit...I saw the reasons I was attracted to ideas like a date of 2012 and ascension. I can only say, as I learned more about the nature of spirit and nature of 'self'....in spirit, it had no worry of dates of leaving this world. In fact....in spirit, I was being prepared for this world more and more. The self sought home somewhere else, somewhere that filled my attractions of the self, my desires that resonated so much with fancy words and nice thoughts of bliss. In Spirit....home was within me, within all beings that are here...it was not a place or dimension...but was a state of 'being'. The kingdom was within.

There are truths that spiritual people and mature logical people can agree on.

Those things are not 'unseen'. They are noticing that we all effect eachother. When someone is selfish...it effects another. When someone 'gives' where its needed...there is worth in 'being'. When someone offers understanding to those that 'know not what they do' and forgives them offering them their own personal space to grow in their own time and way...be it spiritual or not...there is worth.

A common ground is important and a common ground that we can all stand on is as a world divided in pride or greed...we will fall.

We should not be here bickering about something that is unseen by some, and then claiming its truth. Have you ever tried to explain unconditional love to someone that has never had it? Love is unseen....until you have experienced it.

There are mental illnesses that do cause delusions and the way these delusions occur is through the unconscious mind sending messages to the conscious mind and images that are already in the unconscious mind are the avenues of these experiences/messages. The mind works in mysterious ways and be careful to not get caught up in 'experiences' that can not be validated as truth by all people, even by those all that claim to be 'awake'.

Thousands of years ago...many had experiences of 'angels' coming to them. Angels, were a image, that was popularly conceived, and it became a image in the unconscious mind of man. This image was used between the unconsciousness and consciousness to 'work things out' and often these workings were about showing the 'self' what their personal attractions were. Today, with the popular notion of extraterrestrials...many are having experiences of aliens. Has the messenger really changed? Did angels go extinct? Maybe...they really did go extinct, in the minds of man that is....replaced with the new image that mankind has been attracted to...which is aliens.

In a world that nothing is 'as it seems'...I would never place absolute 'knowing' on anything. Its funny, as I learned about in mental patients how the mind uses preconceived images to communicate things to the consciousness....and as I went back through all my personal experiences of visions and messages...I found things that the Spirit was trying to show me about 'self'...things I needed to work on.

I understand...visions can seem very very real. But dont forget...mental patients do have very very real delusions and often the delusions are connected to their personal attractions and fears. I have a good friend that is very schizophrenic and if he does not take medication he falls apart quickly. He has 7 different 'beings' to him...of both genders even. He has one that he says is not a part of him, and is beyond the 7, and he says its a alien that just wants to observe him. This is not uncommon for these people...for many many others say they have a 'higher outside' being/spirit/angel/alien that is there to 'keep them in line'. Often, when the main personalities of these patients falls apart and there needs to be a personality that can swoop in and take hold of what is going on, it is this higher spirit/angel/alien self that has the full capabilities to come into them and 'fix' everything.

Im not trying to disregard experiences...for mine have changed many things in my life. But ultimately...what I found to be important from them...was what kind of things they led me to live for, what kind of being they showed me I was, what was my personal desires and what was the nature of the spirit within me...and what then was I going to live for.

Many spiritual people...focus on the things that all spiritual people can not agree on as a 'truth'. The Spirit of me does not lead me in anyway for another dimension, for ascension, for any certain date of importance, for seeing myself as any 'more' then anything else of 'life'. So those that call 2012 truth...ascension truth...ect....I, being a spiritual person...must disagree of such things. So are you going to say Im not awake...that I have not seen....that Im just not paying attention enough?

Are you really going to say that its I that am not seeing...and only yourself that is?

My beliefs...and experiences...are only a truth to me. I would never, ever, call them a truth for another or tell another that if they are not experiencing it or do not 'just know' it....that they are 'blind to truth'.

Focus on what we all can see...which is the worth of love, compassion, working together, and putting things we cant prove to one another...aside.

If you have had an experience that has made you a better person for this world we are in NOW....then great. The world needs this. If spiritual experiences are going to lead people to being able to work together, see the worth of unity here and now....see the worth in acceptance of each-other with unconditional love and no judgments or belittling of where one is at with their own being...then great...we need this in the world.

I believe in Spirit. But I also, believe in humanity. For right now..this is where the Spirit is showing me with my own two eyes...that Thee is. I dont worry about any other dimension or world for I see too much work in Spirit to be done here. The ego is attracted to things for the 'self'....the 'soul' will be attracted to harmony, in all things of Spirit.

None of use saying we have had spiritual experiences...should be holding ourselves over another. There is no 'better' then another...for we all, what ever path we are on...are serving a purpose for ONE. The IAM is manifested/emanating through the expression of us all...believers and non believers...spiritual awareness and no spiritual awareness. The path that is not plays just as much of a part of it all then the path that is.

Be the things that matter here and now. We can all talk alot about things we can not prove to anyone....but we can be doing much more and that is 'being' of love, kindness, compassion, empathy, and acceptance.

Experiences are personal....and we should not claim them as a universal truth. Isnt this what the religions did? They took personal experiences and then claimed them as a universal truth? They called those out that did not believe in it or was not also having similar experiences?

Live the nature that is of Spirit....which is a 'being' that is not concerned with many things of the self, like ascension or 'knowing' more then another. Be-ing....with all others....is of Spirit.

People want to talk of things in the past like beings from the sky as if it is also some kind of fact. Personal experiences have alot to do with what the conscious mind is already attracted to....because for the Spirit to come through the unconscious mind, it has to use something that is already there, personally. If one is attracted to aliens, then this avenue will likely be used. If one is attracted to the idea of a 'army of god' or 'warriors angels'...then its likely this avenue will be used. Under all the 'images'...is a message. Something the Spirit is trying to show the 'self'....of its intellectual mind, of the personal personality of that persona and their personal attractions of wants and needs on a very personal level.

Dont get too caught up in the 'saintly level' that is very fulfilling to only, the 'self'.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Did you just write a thesis on ATS?

Not many people are going to read all of that.

That's a massive reply for the 15th page of a thread.

You should save it and start a new thread later.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

This one read the whole thing, and appreciated it.

However, it likely would get more exposure as its own thread. I have thought some of my own posts would have benefited from the same, but it is what it is.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

Oh yeah!

That thread go a lot of attention. In fact, I answered your question "What in God's name is happening?" on that thread!

post by corsair00

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by corsair00
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Did you just write a thesis on ATS?

Not many people are going to read all of that.

That's a massive reply for the 15th page of a thread.

You should save it and start a new thread later.

Well I read the whole thread...because I was interested in what all had to say. So for those that are interested...they will read it.

Those that dont, I dont worry with that either.

All my best
LV

Edit to add...I did repeat alot of the same things over and over...but that is just my way of stressing importance.

To say it in short...there are things of greater use that spiritual people and non spiritual people can agree on and find common grounds. That is where I think we all need to be meeting and worrying about here and now.
edit on 2-2-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Morning everyone, sorry its took so long to reply but I wrote my comment at about 10pm last night and I've been on nightshift so only just come back in (7:30am GMT).

I basically just wanted to say.

THANK YOU ALL!

I've put off sharing my experience for a while now, but I'm pleased I've shared it on here now. It's just nice to have people being open-minded and not just insisting I'm insane lol I'll be a reader of this site for a while hopefully, but not sure I will ever have anything else to really comment on...shame really! lol

Oh actually one last thing I'd like to say... I've never really been into religion, I have carried around a St. Christopher necklace & a crucifix necklace for a while, but recently with my experiences, I have moved away from it almost completly, and my thoughts seem to be on just making sure I do what i believe is right, and not worry about anything religious. In fact I often say now I'd replace Religion with Philosophy.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

Well, it wasnt quite my thread, or my question

I just made what i still consider to be one of my most heartfelt writings i have ever come up with. I still stand by it too. I am pushing for that "revolution" on several different levels
Though, as i said, i might have been better served to make it into an actual thread. Honestly, i may still do it at some point. im quite serious about my levity
Very, very, very few things can bring this one to tears, but writing that did it.

and my flag count is pathetic

either way, thanks for the post Leo, it was appreciated
edit: and thank you for the post in the other thread corsair. always interesting to read more about that stuff. edit again: and thank you tangled for having the bravery to post such things.
edit on 2-2-2011 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
This thread inspired by another ATS users thread posted by (stellawayten):

My Husband Woke Up...

which basically describes how her hard-lined Atheistic/Agnostic husband had an awakening/spiritual experience, started talking about it at work, and was prescribed bi-polar drugs.....

I just wanted you guys here at ATS to know that since the new year I have had people calling and coming to me with glimpses and other spiritual experiences .......folks which I would never in a million years expect to contact me.

I'm talking about a few hard-core atheists with every Hitchens and Harris book that used to debate me till they were blue in the face ....... are now stopping by or calling me up with this child-like fervor and new found gleam in their eyes ....admitting to me that their life long built up system of logic and reason is crumbling in the face of some new experiences ......

It is extremely exhilarating and I think it really might have something to do with us closing in on 2012, earth changes, etc.....

Was hesitant to post this ....but its just so fascinating and exciting ... I think a real life global awakening is on the verge.....

Front row seats !!!!!!

I will agree that lately alot of people are starting to question their reality. I personally was an aethiest up until about 3-4 years ago, when i had my own spiritual awakening.

I wont describe what i went through, but i can imagine a lot of people are seeing in between the lines and have no other way to explain it other than "god".

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I would say you are the confused one. It's pretty much written that God would deceive the world so that many will believe a lie. I think this "age of enlightenment" is such a thing. Many think they're spiritually free by throwing away religion, but in the end they're selling themselves into bondage by these spirits who don't mind lying to make you "spiritually aware". How many of them make predictions, and how many are wrong? Forgetting false prophecies, is it not the time where many claim to be christ? Isn't it the time men make their own definition of what is righteous?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
So I still see a lot of people chucking around religion and atheism, getting them all backwards and skewered back on the tracks... but there's still more to atheism in my opinion than just not liking religion or hating any idea but a morbid end to life of nothingness in the dirt... but rather just not believing in deities, or Gods which is what by definition atheism is.

I've personally become quite a spiritual person very recently, had some incredible encounters and recently met some amazing people. My entire perceptions on life, the universe, what's to come has been completely impacted in ways I never thought possible. The ideas and I beliefs I have formed are still in line with my basic beliefs I've held since I was a child. I've always thought we think much more of our physical existence than we really, really should. That's something I've always thought, but I've also always believed in 'souls'. I've always belived in UFOs and ETs and have also loved that aspect since I was a kid. It's actually ATS' UFO forum that brought me here, and honestly ultimately led to my spiritual evolution.

I've never, ever been religious in the slightest bit. I've learned a lot about and respect a lot about religion, despise it, but always increase my knowledge on the matter to better form my opinions and beliefs (as I strive to do with almost everything in life). I've never believed in an an omniscient, ever-loving "God" or any of the like. Never believed in 'prayer' to a supreme being. But I knew there was more to existence than this physical form we're given, I've always felt it was more of a 'test'.

Lately it's come to light in my opinions that we may be more of a 'test' for souls, a breeding ground for life and experiences for all of existence to know. After all, that's the basic belief that almost everything in religion, spirituality really comes down to is some sort of 'soul', a deeper but long existing gathering of what you really are... It's a lot to take in, but the idea of souls going through tests... what's the best way to live this life you're given? To the fullest? Like it's your last? To improve the good of everyone, bring joy and happiness? Do the best you possibly can? To learn as much about existence as you possibly can, to experience hardships, pain, but immaculate possibility for knowledge and adaptation to everything around you...

I believe life is in every reach of this universe, and probably others... I believe the body we have as the 'human race' is preeeety much standard across the universe. I feel my soul has been growing lately... I've met some incredible people out of chance. They have amazing stories, beliefs, and powers of their own.

I still don't believe in magic, or Gods, or occult beings. But I think there is light and dark in all of life, and it's a constant struggle. I think we are up for an even bigger 'test' coming soon... This year has so far been QUITE interesting and I am looking towards the future in anticipation of what other crazy changes it stores. Oh, this is all while I pursue a computer science degree in college, currently working and seeking a position with technical support. I don't think we'll all magically 'ascend' in 2012, I think I'm put on this planet for all of this physical life we have... what comes after that, well, I have a feeling I'll gain a better grasp of that with age
My thoughts on this go much, much, much deeper, and most definitely sound a lot crazier but I haven't gone batty, believe me. There's far too many coincidences and experiences to deny it.

For now though! Live happy, live long and prosper. Do all you can for your follow man, do things for yourself to 'grow' in your spirit and if nothing else, why not make the most you possibly can with this life you're given?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I would say you are the confused one. It's pretty much written that God would deceive the world so that many will believe a lie. I think this "age of enlightenment" is such a thing. Many think they're spiritually free by throwing away religion, but in the end they're selling themselves into bondage by these spirits who don't mind lying to make you "spiritually aware". How many of them make predictions, and how many are wrong? Forgetting false prophecies, is it not the time where many claim to be christ? Isn't it the time men make their own definition of what is righteous?

Exactly.

"But have walked after the imagination of their own heart, and after Baalim, which their fathers taught them:"

"Because they despised my judgments, and walked not in my statutes, but polluted my sabbaths: for their heart went after their idols".

"But behold, if a man shall come among you and shall say: Do this, and there is no iniquity; do that and ye shall not suffer; yea, he will say: Walk after the pride of your own hearts; yea, walk after the pride of your eyes, and do whatsoever your heart desireth—and if a man shall come among you and say this, ye will receive him, and say that he is a prophet".

"These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men’s persons in admiration because of advantage".

"For behold, he did not keep the commandments of God, but he did walk after the desires of his own heart. And he had many wives and concubines. And he did cause his people to commit sin, and do that which was abominable in the sight of the Lord. Yea, and they did commit whoredoms and all manner of wickedness".

"And the large and spacious building, which thy father saw, is vain imaginations and the pride of the children of men. And a great and a terrible gulf divideth them; yea, even the word of the justice of the Eternal God, and the Messiah who is the Lamb of God, of whom the Holy Ghost beareth record, from the beginning of the world until this time, and from this time henceforth and forever"

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Just for the record I have always deferred to Christ and raised his name on high, never veering from that central position. All the treasure of heaven is in Christ, and the treasure is his love (that's my little mantra). It's important to be clear, and I've always been clear in spite of the fact that my monicur is "NewAgeMan" which is really an expression of true Christianity embraced as the participative eschatology which Jesus appears to have intended for all generations and from age to age. In some future age when Christ-consciousness has bloomed the whole world over for millenia, then maybe the Jesus Project will have achieved it's objective in human history, but even then, the record is still nice to have, permamently laid down as it is in the very date of each passing year, so how will we ever forget?
edit on 2-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Yes, a Global Awakening is going on I believe. What a Roller Coaster though, Jesus Christ. I knew it would be crazy but you can never predict just how crazy things get with this kind of situation.

I believe people can no longer deny they have a soul but understanding how much that self integrates into real life is maybe the problem. I think that most people don't see what a soul really could mean.

To me, it's just as simple as emotions, is that not your soul if there was one?

I think we have to pay attention to what our emotions are telling us about the lives were living.

It's like if there was a house in your mind that needed cleaning, re-conditioning, re-furbishment and repair, most people ignore their decrepid state of a Inner House Life while their actual home is spotless.

Personally I don't care if my actual home is a little messy because my Inner House is where all my focus is going lately. I need it as clean as possible inside because that's my conscience which I believe could be God.

If the Conscience is God than to be alright with God is being alright about how you feel about your Inner House right. I know this is more a Philosophical or Theosophical statement or comment but it's really simple when it comes down to the general idea I believe.

I'm trying to be as Universal as Possible about this because Exactment kind of is misleading. To say things are just a certain way and that's all their is would be like forming a new religion which I'm against.

I don't think society needs anymore Religion, I think were possibly OD'ing on Religion these days. Religion may just be the creator of demons, who knows, like an imaginary construct fed to us for thousands of years really sinks in now doesn't it people.

Anyways I could go on forever with Theosophy people but the Inner House being kept up is important. It's a one system deal folks. You let one thing go, other things start coming apart slowly and before you know it your trembling alone wondering what you did wrong.

I think the only thing we can do wrong is to ignore and dis-respect ourselves as if were not human flesh that feels and needs love. We need it, it is life is it not, is that not the pursuit in life? Aren't we here to share love, whatever form that love takes, it is sharing of your self and believe me I think your all amazing even if you don't.

I see, feel and hear so many interesting people whether they speak much or not each day, we all do and are around each other. The one thing I have to say about humanity in general to this day is that we severely underestimate ourselves and what we can pull off together if people wanted to really organize.

I believe Humanity has to start with little steps but little steps add up real quick with group efforts.

I've been to a degree involved in communities, mostly the Artistic Sector of Human Interest but hey it brings people together on something that isn't for certain anything. I think leave the Universe open and enter each day as something ever new. Something that could be anything.

Well, like I said, I could go on forever but please for your own self take some time to think about that Inner House being possibly the soul. If one thing I want to convey is that the Soul is your Inner Emotional Self being like a House than that is all I would say to take away from this response to a Rising World.

Peace, Muzeamy

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Be careful you don't create a false gospel. Christ means anointed one, thus there cannot be more than one anointed ONE. It's a misnomer to say it's a consciousness than can be attained by any one.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempesillest
they didn't wake up... but fell victim to the plague of the world called religion.

you know why I think religion is full of crap. because there is so many different ones, they all have there "holy books" that claim there is a higher being then us and if we follow them and the teaching we will be rewarded. yet they all disagree with each other and fight and kill over it.

I have heard so many different people coming from different religions claiming that there religion is the true one and they know that for 100% fact, and will swear to me that they know its true, and all other ones are wrong and will talk crap about other religions..

Therefore I conclude they are ALL wrong and these people have been brainwashed or brainwashed themselves into believing it for whatever reason... fear of death, fear of hell, to see loved ones again who have passed, 29 virgins, etc etc

Well I sort of tend to agree with you but what most fundamental common, average, everyday religious people don't see is that if you compare all of the basic books from the different religions sure the details are different but the fundamentals are the same. Go figure!!!! A bunch of books written thousands of years ago thrown together to control (at the time) illiterate masses of people.
Don't steal, cheat, kill, like any God(s) but this one, etc............this religious prophet, or demi god or whatever is born to a virgin see and then cures and heals many people does some amazing stuff and then rises from the dead, (this story has been told many times in many ways to many religions) and all during different time periods. I personally have done research and have picked and pulled from many religions and ancient philosophies and even some science (I AM NOT A SCIENTOLOGIST) and now have what I believe is a great idea of what I truly believe happened and how things work.........
However I do not believe I have all the answers. I don't believe for one solitary second that humans with finite minds will ever fully understand the infinite concept of God or the Universe. I do not believe that I have all answers and in fact believe all roads lead to the same place........so in short I don't have a religion or atleast not a dogmatic one.....
I have my spirituality and I'm good with that.......
edit on 2-2-2011 by DragonSpirit2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Yeah well, people tend to go psychotic when there world seems to be crumbling around them...

Go figure...

Exactly. No mystery here, no new world order, no new dawn of mankind etc etc. Just ordinary people not coping with a slightly screwed up world. The last 2 years have been an economic rollercoaster with background noise of islamic terrorists having their say. It is no wonder some people can't cope. God makes an inevitable appearance!

Why is it that those who go on some mass killing spree or mass suicide or any of these outrageous acts always have "god on their side" , where are all the atheist nutters?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

i'm not an agent of division i'm just a normal guy whos woke up ,sorry if my posts seem a bit daft but i'm not very good at typing sentences,i'm new to all this forum stuff.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Muzeam

i agree dude ,i believe religion was made to control the masses and to keep every one in line and to put LIMITATIONS on us by creating a barrier that people do not dares cross because they are scared that they will go to hell for turning their back on their religion.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
there is some sort of dark agenda feeding us distractions/deceptions/lies to keep us from waking up.its like we have been in the matrix and we are finally breaking out of it.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join