It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cop repeatedly punching a 53 year old woman in the face

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by macman

All you need is too cars to block both ends
They could of electuted (zapped) her or threatened with a gun

Why do something the easy way when you can it the hard way.

Again, sounds like you have never been in that situation.
Cops don't have magic. They can't tell if someone is reaching in their pocket for a gun or gum.
The fact is she would not comply to lawful requests. She would not release her foot from the accelerator. More often then not, several strikes are better then a tazer as tazers have been linked to deaths.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

If you would watch the video it clearly says/shows she WAS tazed....

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenAlpha
Those cops would have been within there rights to fire at her once they were out of the car and moving to Arrest her,

Due to the deterioration of the thread, I've opted to stay out. But, this statement is so utterly and completely erroneous that I had to chime in.

From the evidence we have seen (the video), there was absolutely no justification for deadly force. LE are not permitted to use deadly force to stop a fleeing vehicle, much less one that is at a complete stop, as this one was.

And, since I'm already here, let me comment on the notion that there was any justification for the trooper assaulting the woman. It's been mentioned, several times, that the officer didn't know what he was dealing with, therefor was justified in using force until he could determine it. This is completely wrong.

As a matter of fact, had the officers used proper procedures for the stop, in the first place, he would not have been close enough to assault her. They should have remained in a position of safety and verbally ordered her out of the car. Immediately running up to the car, breaking the window and reaching in is not the way it is supposed to be done, even though it is on television.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I would bet she was either Afro-American or Latino, could very likely be another case of racist cops with an attitude problem and extremely poor training.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenAlpha
As i dont agree with the actions of the Officers in this case, We all know what flashing lights & sirens mean right? PULL OVER DUHHH!!!, so if are not smart enough to do that you deserve to get what you get, Im sorry but stupid people should get treated like stupid animals.......

Sure, it might have been a bit excessive on the part of the officer to hit this woman. MIGHT have been. But he tried to pull her over for drunk driving and assault, and she flees in her vehicle? How is punching her in the head, which did not permanently injure her, any worse than her flying around the streets while under the influence, putting lives in danger? Like CitizenAlpha said, stupid people deserve what they get. If this lady isn't permanently injured, so what that she got hit by a cop as a result of her actions, which could have killed others.

I you choose to break the law, choose to deal with the consequences. Getting punched in the head isn't some life-changing, end-of-the-world event. She's lucky she didn't wreck her car and become paralyzed for life.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
C'mon people .... the cop did what he had to do at that moment
(barely contain myself). He just performed his duty which is "to serve and protect."

Eventually, time come around he will get what he deserved; it's karma, folk.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

So you're saying he had to repeatedly hit an older woman in the face, and that tazing her wasn't enough to get her out of the vehicle? Please...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
Didn't look like a lunatic to me. I guess you would cheer for this woman after she ran you off the road in a high speed chase?? "You go lady" would be your battle cry from the ditch? lol

Ahh.. Interesting. So to be against a pig bashing a womans face in, is to be for her running people off the road.

Good to know.

Well, according to the person who was in the situation, he did it to stop her from possible doing just that.

Don't knock it until you tried it. Decisions that may look profound to you have to be made in a split second to people who are confronted with them in reality, and not on a message board.

Eh?

Mr beans was suggesting that because sane people disagree with level of violence used against this woman, that they must also want the woman to screech down the road while we cheer her on. Which is absolute Bollocks.

It goes from her possibly being on PCP, to having a weapon, to whatever else strawman anecdote he decides fits his passion for violence against this elderly woman and in the process makes anyone who says this was too much a raving lunatic drooling at the mouth yelling "Gaarn granny, kill the kids in that car up ahead, garrrnnn !!!!"

So, not sure what you're trying to tell me, but if it's that punching an old woman in the face is a required tactic in order to have prevented her from continuing to drive that vehicle, then baloney. Utter and absolute baloney.

Do you really think the cop knew he was chasing a "little old lady" ????

Did the chip in the car communicate with the police force identification system and tell the officer who he was chasing?

No, he had about 1/2 of a second to figure it out, while weighing it against the adrenaline loaded and unsure moment from his car door to the car of the assaliant.

After the fact, it's easy to say, "oh, it was just an old lady in the car". How the #@$@# is the officer supposed to know this???? It's in his best interest to assume the person he his chasing in a high speed chase is someone who wants to take his life.

You must be a bloody idiot who has never been in a situation where your bollocks are on the line.

... You obviously live a comfy life on the couch.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Cops are absolutely ridiculous in situations like this. My stepfather and I got in a fight with our neighbors and the police were called. My stepfather was punched in the nose by my neighbor and his face was a bloody mess. When the cops arrived my neighbors claimed that I pulled out a knife on them but I had no knife nor did my stepfather. The cops claimed they couldn't make any arrests because they "didn't see what happened" they said "anything could have happened to my stepfather's face". After they said these things my stepfather was irate and said it was BS. As soon as he swore the police arrested him for "disorderly conduct" and smashed his face (which was already a mess) onto one of their cruisers. They then turned to me and said they were arresting me for "assault with a deadly weapon" (which didn't exist) I told them to search me and everything, but they refused to my surprise. They arrested me with a little bit of resistance (I was NOT getting MY face smashed on the cruiser).

This is one example of the cops getting mad because someone was using swear words and deciding to assault them because of it and make two bogus arrests that they claimed just minutes before that they couldn't make because they "didn't see it happen".

Maybe most cops are good but there are some real jerks too INCLUDING THIS ONE. Punching an old lady in the face multiple times and then tasing her in this situation is absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples
reply to post by doobydoll

If it was any of my family they would be disowned for drink driving.

I'll never be a cop I'm a British soldier that might the reason for my reasoning on this huh? What do you think?

She still deserved everything she got she still broke the even if it was just failing to stop, the lesson is don't break the law and this won't happen to you the law is there for a reason, I bet she will think twice about doing it again.

I think all cops should do this to everyone that breaks the law then we would have less crime then we can all get on with our little miserable lives with no worry of getting ran over by a drink driver, getting burgled or any other crime effecting us

You're joking, right?

Is that what you would do if someone pissed you off? It seems so....I bet you grew up playing violent video games, am I right?

You're a British soldier? Is this what you do when someone pisses you off, or do you just shoot them?

Do you have children, a wife, or husband? I bet not.....I bet no one would put up with you for very long, if this is the way you operate......

I feel sorry for you.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Police protocol is to stay a safe distance away and assess your situation before making any moves, not run up, bust the window and start wailing on whoever is in the car. Shut up

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

It's my habit to speak the opposite way when I am extremely angry

Because if I spoken my mind...it'd be very ugly and disturbing; for example, it'll put Jack-the-ripper look like no more than a little bully.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

A man of that size and strength punching anyone in the face is cruel and unusual punishment. He must not like drunk women and has an abusive use of conflict. I say fire him.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

Ahhhh gotcha, my bad

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376

Originally posted by BrnBdry
Like most chicks who get punched by a guy, she prolly deserved it.

Fact is, if this was a female officer that punched her, it wouldn't make the news.

Looking at the video, I don't blame the officer. Women think that the simple fact that they are women, give them some sort of leeway to do stupid sh%t. Until they get punched in the face of course, and then they realize they abused the leeway they thought they had.
what a tosser-I hope that your post was meant to be sarcasm?somehow I don't think it was.you are a complete arse and if you said that in front of me I'd kick your head in-get it?

No sarcasm at all actually. And you are not gonna win any award for your post either. Some people deserve to be punched. And if that person happens to be a chick, oh well. The thought process that you have where no chick deserve to be hit, IS the reason they do what they do. Its an excuse to them. And IMO, its crap, and they should not be allowed any leewy for that reason.

If a guy does something deserving of a punch, and if a girl does the same action, why deos she not deserve the same in your opinion?

Thats like saying a guy that kills a kid can get put to death, but a chick that kills a kid doesnt. The logic baffles me.

And I know this is the internet, and by the sounds of it, youre british or something, so I understand your internet muscles are working, but trust me my friend, you wouldnt be kicking this guys head in. Not even close.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The group of "don't break the law and this won't happen" in this thread are the same nuts that supported the patriot act, the wars, body scanners, the drug war, more prisons, more surveillance. They have cheered on the demise of America over the years from a self righteous armchair and are blind to the implications of a jack boot police state. This woman unfortunately is going to be just one of the many thousands who are going to be victimized before real change occurs.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I think this is one of those things where it just simply IS NOT worth arguing about on the internet! The case is over in done with! Was she actually drunk? We will never know. Was there more to the story? We will never know. Did she deserve what she got? We honestly will never know. All of this discussion is based off of a short youtube video clip. There could have been hours of prior footage that we have not and will not ever see, or this could be it. Either way, I say, simply: THIS IS NOT WORTH ARGUING OVER! PERIOD. If anyone else agrees, please chime in.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
The group of "don't break the law and this won't happen" in this thread are the same nuts that supported the patriot act, the wars, body scanners, the drug war, more prisons, more surveillance. They have cheered on the demise of America over the years from a self righteous armchair and are blind to the implications of a jack boot police state. This woman unfortunately is going to be just one of the many thousands who are going to be victimized before real change occurs.

Actually no. She broke the law, and I felt him punching her was ok, to prevent any further damage, or death to an officer, or another person that may have came if she continuted to act like an out of controll jackass. And I'm NOT at all for the patriot act, body scanners, and more surveillance.

How you grouped that together is beyond any logic I could fathom.

BUT, without the drug war, and prisons, you'd be living in Cuba.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

If I was a cop I'd have shot the drunken idiot.

She was still trying to drive off and would have run people over if necessary.

In my opinion ....which is a bit jaded after watching the criminals get set up as the victim over and over and over.

Middle aged drunk woman drives around recklessly endangering the populace.....oohh.

Poor little drunk lady.

Yeah, a couple of socks to the jaw instead of a couple of .45 cal rounds to the torso. She got off light.

Man I am glad you are not a cop
in my town

just sayin

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

Glad he's not a cop in ANY town

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join