It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cop repeatedly punching a 53 year old woman in the face

page: 31
<< 28  29  30   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Cybertron

Yeah.. thats what I thought...

I'm done. You have a good one..

Peace

edit on 28-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Cybertron

Yeah.. thats what I thought...

I'm done. You have a good one..

Peace

ciao

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
From the articles I've read on a couple sites, it seems that the charges were thrown out....
Thrown out, and the cases dismissed.

The cases were dismissed, but that doesn't prove that she wasn't driving while under the influence of alcohol. She wan't proved innocent of DUI, something occurred that prevented her prosecution. Either there wasn't enough evidence, or some sort of deal was made.

Maybe they forgot to read her, her Miranda warning (rights?). Which would constitute a dismissal of her case, I believe.

I believed that maybe the shots the policeman may have been on the rough side, but from the reports given, she was suspected of DUI and she ran from the cops. What are the cops to think if you run from them when they attempt to pull you over? If a cop suspects you of having a weapon on you, you don't put your hands in your pocket when they tell you to put your hands up.

I do not think that the officer was wrong. Bullets could have gone flying while this woman was flooring it trying to push her way out of the box, but a window was broken and she took maybe a couple sobering shots. From the looks of her as they took her to the police car, she wasn't too dazed by it.

I'm just trying to see it from both sides, in a unbiased light, with the limited info we're receiving.
edit on 28-1-2011 by Santh because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2011 by Santh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Santh

UHP trooper punches woman after car chase

This is the updated article. The Troopers actions were cleared by the Prosecuting Attorney for the county. He has since sent the report to municipal court to see if any city laws were broken.

The UHP is conducting an interal Affairs investigation to determine iof the trooper violated polcies.

The suspect was charged per the update article.

Miranda is not required when an arrest is made. The only time Miranda is required is when a person is in custody and the officer is asking guilt-seeking questions.

Its entirely possible for a person to commit a murder, be arrested, charged, tried, found guilty and sentenced to death without ever hearing his miranda rights.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

You said "a womans head" I thought we were equal, we aren't? Girls petitioning to be on High school football and baseball and wrestling because we are equal.... Womens rights!!! Womens rights !!! (unless we need to use being a woman as a defense) right? All of that political crap aside - Woman or man, once she broke the law, she became a criminal not a gender!

I do believe in equal rights...the equal right to not be assaulted by being repeatedly punched in the head.

Equal rights are extremely important to me personally, and i wouldn't have it any other way, but there come a point when being realistic defeats being idealistic.

Generally a female is not as physically strong or resilient as generally a male would be, so punching a female, especially one of small stature, like one would punch a heavy weight boxer is not about equality, it's about physical assault. I'd have disagreed as strongly if the criminal cop had done the same thing to a little old man too.

This is the *obvious* reason we do not have men boxing against women, because while both sexes have an equal right to box, common sense dictates that in general, it would be grossly unfair to the women who would naturally be physically weaker.

She may have broken the law, but that does not give a cop the right to batter and assault whomever they wish. The force should *always* be proportional to the situation and circumstances, and violence should only be used as a last resort once alternatives have been exhausted...which didn't happen in this case. Committing a crime, does not mean the police can automatically behave like violent animals, there are set procedures and guidelines and each crime or level of crime, has a proportional response.

An obvious example is that people don't get their heads blown off for dropping litter...they may get a warning or a ticket/fine, if anything at all..these are proportional responses to the crime committed. There is a proportional response to drunk driving too...only it wasn't demonstrated in this case...we saw the correct response from the cop, as would be fitting for having chased down an armed robber or murderer and struggling around on the floor with him or her...not for pacifying a middle aged, drunk, small woman sitting in her car.

If you can't see what i'm saying here mate, no further posts will help you to.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Well...yeah, because Miranda rights are only pertinent if you are questioned by the police.

If they have you 'banged to rights', they don't need a confession or to ask 'guilt seeking' questions, so no need for Miranda rights.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Santh

I dont think that every case whereby the defendant isnt read his or her Miranda warning rights is thrown out - it is just that they cant use your words against you as evidence if not so warned but other evidence is acceptable. I think that if there is a plea in a case like this where they dont attempt to prosecute it is because they also want the defendant to promise not to sue for police abuse.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Breaking the car window and punching her in the face was not called for (ergo, should not be legally sanctioned). Wasn't her car blocked in? He has probably been on too many "no knock" (ie, break down the door) searches.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Such an easy question... You are!

Where did I say that my thoughts or belief on this should be "main stream." I think I have used the exact word to explain my view on this "bias."

Are we here changing laws and convicting people, or giving our opinions? Of course I am bias, and have claimed exactly that.

Either you haven't read the thread, or lack adequate comprehension skills.

Blind me from reality? Who's reality, mine or yours? Mine condemns this woman for every choice she made that night. Yours is justifying her actions and condemning the cops..

You just pointed out the effects of alcohol, and used this in some sort of defense of this trash. Should all drunk drivers use your defense?

Just as my bias to people running from the police steer my opinion on this, your obvious contempt for cops is driving yours.. At least I am sharp enough to recognize this.
edit on 1/28/2011 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Santh

read a few pages back... It was dismissed because she was off her meds.. Her attorney claims that her mental state was so poor, that she couldn't have known the crimes she was committing.... Its a bunch of crap - As a mental patient, you are either locked up or released... If your released it should be your responsibility to stay on your meds.. If you don't, you should be responsible for your actions... Period!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The true point is that we have laws...the offices when they stop you are supposed to obey laws too.
what if you have a woman who is scared to death and running because her husband is trying to kill her...maybe he is a police officer.

There must me a thousand scenarios where a woman may go crazy and not stop for the police but does not need to have her head knocked in but may need help or hospital or a mental professional. I had an occasion after a horrible divorce where i may have acted like that if anyone would have tried to pull me over...just one hour of insanity driving like a freek wishing i was dead!
People say well what if she had killed someone you love, well what if SHE is someone YOU love. They are supposed to arrest her not knock her senseless. I think that is one of the things that has always seperated our country from many others, we were...able to trust that if you do something wrong we will get a trial not be beaten by police!

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30   >>

join