It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cop repeatedly punching a 53 year old woman in the face

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans

Originally posted by 23refugee
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

That's how we differ. Even if she ran me off the road, I'd still have enough self-restraint to keep me from hitting a 53 year old woman repeatedly in the face.

Well I bet if you or your child were hurt or worse killed after she ran you off the road I'm sure you would have such utter support for this "victim".

And I bet that if this happened to you and you punched the driver repeatedly in the face for it, however much you feel it's justified, you would definately go to jail - guaranteed. You still assaulted someone, whatever the reason.

So why shouldn't this 'perp' go to jail too.

I beg to differ. I most likely wouldn't go to jail and if I did would be found not guilty by a jury if charges were filed.

So maybe you should instead be punched repeatedly in the face by a cop as punishment for your crime?

You can't possibly disagree. This is your logic.

If the cops lit me up and I took off in my car in a high speed chase and then was finally stopped and I didn't obey their orders anything is possible. If you don't think so then you are living in some fantasy land.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

LOL. How do you suppose cops get handcuff on people who resist? Beg? He didn't attack anyobody he was ending the situation. If he jumped out of his car and started punching somebody through the window who was just sitting at a light then that would be an attack.

LOL not. Stick with the topic of this thread. You are on shakey ground defending this brute animal's illegal and unconstitutional actions so you are trying to change the subject.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthXninja

Like I said when one runs from the police all those scenarios are put into play. If she simply pulled over none of this would have happened. SHE brought it on herself no matter how much you want to blame the evil cops for what transpired.

You didn't really answer much there... You think it's okay for cops to beat people for disobeying them... It's just wrong. I don't really wanna go back and forth anymore as we obviously strongly disagree. Unless a cop is defending themselves from an attack, they shouldn't be punching anyone in the face. Running away is hardly an attack that warrants a beating...

No I never said that. Its not like she was pulled over for no turn signal and the cop jumped out and beat her up. She took off on a high speed chase. In your eyes a cop needs to be attacked first? Maybe if she ran one over and killed him first it would be ok?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123

LOL. How do you suppose cops get handcuff on people who resist? Beg? He didn't attack anyobody he was ending the situation. If he jumped out of his car and started punching somebody through the window who was just sitting at a light then that would be an attack.

LOL not. Stick with the topic of this thread. You are on shakey ground defending this brute animal's illegal and unconstitutional actions so you are trying to change the subject.

I posted on the subject as you provided in my quote.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Happens all the time.

Cops on Guam used to drag whitey out of bars and beat them with billy clubs up until the 1990's. Don't see it much now. They even used to drive by the front gates of the military bases and shoot towards the gate guards.

DOD needed to do something to stop it. The Quadrennial Defense Review of Billy Clinton decided to fire the white guys guarding military bases and use contractors to hire the local people to guard the military bases.

Hence now there ain't no Guam Police pulling white GI's out of clubs and beating them down....no more Guam cops driving by the front gates of the military bases shooting at the gate guards.

The police force should do what DOD did, get rid of white cops. Give their money/hire non-whites.

It's National Security Policy now dontcha know.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthXninja

Cops who defend this kind of police brutality need only look across the border to Mexico. They are not making themselves "safe" by undermining the rule of law. American cops who respect the rule of law do not defend other cops who violate the law. This is not a banana republic and if it ever "progresses" to become one, American cops will be in real danger like they are in Mexico, only worse, since we collect the globe's criminals who can walk across the Mexican border at will.

Americans are waking up that the Rambos are out of control and think they are above the constitution. I try to oppose those who swing too far the other way and hate all cops. All cops are not like this low and disgusting criminal we are discussing in this thread. Most cops respect the constitution - the rule of law.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I beg to differ. I most likely wouldn't go to jail and if I did would be found not guilty by a jury if charges were filed.

Don't bet your freedom on that, Rambo. Americans are waking up to the fact that SOME cops are abusing their power and the public's trust. People like me will be on your jury and we weren't born yesterday.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
There's a lot of fail in this thread.

Most of the posters could use a course in logic. Grocery store violence? Are you kidding me? That's your rebuttal?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Ummm stick to the topic there sarah. lol

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

If the cops lit me up and I took off in my car in a high speed chase and then was finally stopped and I didn't obey their orders anything is possible. If you don't think so then you are living in some fantasy land.

... you was finally stopped, and then assaulted several times, on camera, then you are released without charge. You wouldn't accept that treatment and you know it. So stop saying you would.

And anyway, the fact remains pal - he can't do that, not to anyone. No-one can, however justified in yours or anyones eyes.

So you'll have to lump it won't ya?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abney
There's a lot of fail in this thread.

Most of the posters could use a course in logic. Grocery store violence? Are you kidding me? That's your rebuttal?

Wow, thanks for the personal attack without bringing anything useful to the table... At least I attempted to make a point in defending my point of view. All you did was spam the thread and attack other members who are having a discussion. You didn't even say anything relevant to the topic or state your opinion. Your post equals a lot of fail.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Ah so you are te arbitrator of the site now? I'm degrading humanity by saying this woman running from the police was in the wrong? If that is your stance I suggest you move somewhere anarchy reigns. You appear would fit right in. If she was having seizures she shouldn't be driving in the first place.

What brings me here is none of your business nor mine why you peruse this site. If you don't agree thats fine but saying that I want my grandmother slapped around and I'm taking some sort of immoral stance on society is simply ridiculous. The one immoral is the one defending law breakers in my eyes if you want to play that game.

I'm glad you are here at ATS but I think you are really wrong about this situation being discussed. Cops have got to get a handle on using excessive force. It is out of hand with some and good cops should be able to see the difference between necessary force and excessive force. We have always had the constitution and our police officers have always tried to stay within the spirit and letter of that ideal and law. Cops of today need to keep the Republic safe and keep the rule of law and freedom safe, too. Some men and women are not cut out for the stress and lack the sound judgement for the job and should not be cops.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is good news if Martial Law is ever to go down. Most cops are cowards. It generally takes 4-5 240lb cops to cuff a 150 lb crack addict.

Wait til they begin getting rough with a very sober and angry citizenry of the United States thats tired of being bullied, losing jobs, and financially shafted.

Dont worry about stocking up on weapons and ammunition. When the time comes we can just take theirs..leave them with their tasers.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

... you was finally stopped, and then assaulted several times, on camera, then you are released without charge. You wouldn't accept that treatment and you know it. So stop saying you would.

And anyway, the fact remains pal - he can't do that, not to anyone. No-one can, however justified in yours or anyones eyes.

So you'll have to lump it won't ya?

First off I'm not your "pal". I don't even know you. Fact remains he CAN do that if he feels thats what's needed to subdue the person at question. Maybe you should watch cops to get an idea of basic police work. According to you I'm sure every person they take down are assaulted.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123

Ah so you are te arbitrator of the site now? I'm degrading humanity by saying this woman running from the police was in the wrong? If that is your stance I suggest you move somewhere anarchy reigns. You appear would fit right in. If she was having seizures she shouldn't be driving in the first place.

What brings me here is none of your business nor mine why you peruse this site. If you don't agree thats fine but saying that I want my grandmother slapped around and I'm taking some sort of immoral stance on society is simply ridiculous. The one immoral is the one defending law breakers in my eyes if you want to play that game.

I'm glad you are here at ATS but I think you are really wrong about this situation being discussed. Cops have got to get a handle on using excessive force. It is out of hand with some and good cops should be able to see the difference between necessary force and excessive force. We have always had the constitution and our police officers have always tried to stay within the spirit and letter of that ideal and law. Cops of today need to keep the Republic safe and keep the rule of law and freedom safe, too. Some men and women are not cut out for the stress and lack the sound judgement for the job and should not be cops.

I will say again if your in a high speed chase all scenarios come into play. Protection of the public is the first priority then the officers then the runner.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
We are supposed to look at cops as heroes

"heroes" that cannot subdue a drunken 58 year old woman without punching her repeatedly do not deserve to wear a badge

Plain and simple!
If you can't take the the heat then get the hell out of the kitchen!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples
Totally agree don't break the law and you won't have to have that treatment, all the people saying it's wrong would you still be saying it wrong if she ran over a member of your family? I think you would say " she deserves everything she got"

listen to yourself you bigot. your only smug remark comes becaus this didnt happen to you.

so what the strong arm of the law can get away with this stuff, as long as its not happening to you.
yeah so your also up for "whatever the law" says as a requirement for enforcement. "eg physical violence".

as long as there lawful its all good right.

. what a wally u are.

this is way over the top.
half the time if the cops just relaxed when approaching suspects or would be criminals. the whole situation wouldnt flare out of control like this. i feel the overwhelming presence of the police in that situation. hyped every officer up to think they needed to act the way they did.

totally unjustified and regardless of the reasons. there efforts where over the top.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Although the lady should have pulled over the use of force was OTT, the officer spent several seconds punching the woman instead of reaching in and taking the keys which would have been much quicker.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Short story, she was DUI via prescription drugs. Would not pull over. Once she stopped, she tried to ram through the police. And then wouldn't get out of the car.
I say doom on all that fight the police.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join