It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cop repeatedly punching a 53 year old woman in the face

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I guarantee if she was drunk they would have charged her with DUI.. The video says she was charged with failure to stop. F-ing pigs should be fired. They shouldn't be allowed to assault anyone or break any other laws.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by redeyeblue

Too many officers have been dragged by vehicles trying to do the same thing.
She should not have been driving, trying to plow through them and resist arrest.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
he spent more times punching her than trying to get her out of the car.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

And your point is what? There could off been loads of reasons why she was never charged was you there? Was you the judge?

Oh dear...

If she was guilty of DWI then she WOULD have been charged with it. What, drunk driving laws can be dismissed without charge now? I don't think so. Name one reason why a drunk person behind the wheel who has been apprehended would not be charged with that offence.. One?

She was charged with failing to stop. That's all.

And to the bad tough guys who think punching a woman in the face is at any time an excusable action, if that had been my mother, I would be in prison now for some payback involving that pigs family.

What a complete neanderthal scumbag.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

If you followed EVERY law that is on the books then right now while your sitting at home your breaking the law. You can not leave your house without breaking some law right now. You DO NOT have to obey laws that are not correct....In my city if you do not wear a hat on Sunday and your a woman you get fined. It's still on the books....

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Like most chicks who get punched by a guy, she prolly deserved it.

Fact is, if this was a female officer that punched her, it wouldn't make the news.

Looking at the video, I don't blame the officer. Women think that the simple fact that they are women, give them some sort of leeway to do stupid sh%t. Until they get punched in the face of course, and then they realize they abused the leeway they thought they had.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

reply to post by PsykoOps

I agree shooting her would be a bit too far but again brings me back to this again how do you know she wasn't drink driving just because the charges were dropped?

You strive to live up to your screen name, don't you.

*plonk*

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I can't believe some people on here actually thinks she deserves the beat down and defending this kinda of behavior. It's no different from the mindset of "you're an ass, so I'll be an ass too". She was 58 years OLD, her car was boxed in, her window was broken into, her face punched rapidly and not to mention TASED?

This is simply another police brutality.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

reply to post by doobydoll

If it was any of my family they would be disowned for drink driving.

I'll never be a cop I'm a British soldier that might the reason for my reasoning on this huh? What do you think?

She still deserved everything she got she still broke the even if it was just failing to stop, the lesson is don't break the law and this won't happen to you the law is there for a reason, I bet she will think twice about doing it again.

I think all cops should do this to everyone that breaks the law then we would have less crime then we can all get on with our little miserable lives with no worry of getting ran over by a drink driver, getting burgled or any other crime effecting us
since when were the pigs judge & jury?Your username and comments some up the pri*** that are in the British army-every person I have ever met who has been in the British armed forces has something the matter with their brain.Oh and simpleton don't believe what the media tells you about troops being heroes,more like mindless thugs-''I was only following orders''springs to mind

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans

Originally posted by doobydoll
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

If the cops lit me up and I took off in my car in a high speed chase and then was finally stopped and I didn't obey their orders anything is possible. If you don't think so then you are living in some fantasy land.

... you was finally stopped, and then assaulted several times, on camera, then you are released without charge. You wouldn't accept that treatment and you know it. So stop saying you would.

And anyway, the fact remains pal - he can't do that, not to anyone. No-one can, however justified in yours or anyones eyes.

So you'll have to lump it won't ya?

First off I'm not your "pal". I don't even know you. Fact remains he CAN do that if he feels thats what's needed to subdue the person at question. Maybe you should watch cops to get an idea of basic police work. According to you I'm sure every person they take down are assaulted.

NO he can't.

So why do you think he's been suspended from duty pending investigation then?

As a reward maybe, for doing his job?

The cop has been suspended because he assaulted this woman, no other reason. The other cops present on the scene haven't been suspended, just him. Why do you think that is?

It doesn't take a genius to work out that his suspension from duty is because he aint allowed to do that.

So, it seems that you are, in fact , wrong.

Edit to add: with reference to your 'I'm not your pal' remark - grow up, pal
edit on 23-1-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

The original calls came in on a DUI driver. She refused to stop, either by not wanting to or by being under the influence and impaired judgment.
Dumb move on her part.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by innocenttdreams

Yeah, she was gunning the engine.
No matter the age, anyone has the ability to hurt any else.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry
Like most chicks who get punched by a guy, she prolly deserved it.

Fact is, if this was a female officer that punched her, it wouldn't make the news.

Looking at the video, I don't blame the officer. Women think that the simple fact that they are women, give them some sort of leeway to do stupid sh%t. Until they get punched in the face of course, and then they realize they abused the leeway they thought they had.
what a tosser-I hope that your post was meant to be sarcasm?somehow I don't think it was.you are a complete arse and if you said that in front of me I'd kick your head in-get it?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I don't know. I'm of two minds.

I've seen plenty of situations that even when boxed in a suspect has taken off.

If a suspect surrenders then any violence needs to cease.

what happened here isnt too clear imo.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I hate to say it but when you become intoxicated outside of your home you are pretty much relinquish any credibility if you have any altercations with LEOs. The days of Andy and Otis are gone. Then again I can't imagine Otis trying to run Andy over.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Didn't look like a lunatic to me. I guess you would cheer for this woman after she ran you off the road in a high speed chase?? "You go lady" would be your battle cry from the ditch? lol

Ahh.. Interesting. So to be against a pig bashing a womans face in, is to be for her running people off the road.

Good to know.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

If the cops lit me up and I took off in my car in a high speed chase and then was finally stopped and I didn't obey their orders anything is possible. If you don't think so then you are living in some fantasy land.

... you was finally stopped, and then assaulted several times, on camera, then you are released without charge. You wouldn't accept that treatment and you know it. So stop saying you would.

I think most people would be willing to take a few punches to the face to get out of jail time and a fine for drunk driving.

Would you rather get punched in the face 5 times, or spend a year in jail and/or pay a $1000 fine?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Not sure how they thought she might have a chance of driving away seeing as how she was boxed in.... So, we have a woman, boxed in. Cop breaks window and hits her in the face repeatedly as another hits her with a taser.

Did the cops go to far? In this case, yes, IMO.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

Totally agree don't break the law and you won't have to have that treatment, all the people saying it's wrong would you still be saying it wrong if she ran over a member of your family?

The point is they are cops. They can't just arrest anyone in any fashion they desire. There are certain protocol and procedures that need to be followed. You don't know she ever ran any body over, you're just generalizing and assuming she's a crazy female driver when that might not be true. Punches to the face like that were unnecessary IMO. Maybe one punch to show they are serious might be acceptable, but he was doing nothing more than using the poor lady as a human punching bag.

edit on 23-1-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Didn't look like a lunatic to me. I guess you would cheer for this woman after she ran you off the road in a high speed chase?? "You go lady" would be your battle cry from the ditch? lol

Ahh.. Interesting. So to be against a pig bashing a womans face in, is to be for her running people off the road.

Good to know.

Well, according to the person who was in the situation, he did it to stop her from possible doing just that.

Don't knock it until you tried it. Decisions that may look profound to you have to be made in a split second to people who are confronted with them in reality, and not on a message board.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join