It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cop repeatedly punching a 53 year old woman in the face

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Even in a moving vehicle, drunk driving will be our first thought. Regardless, there would be enough reasonable suspicion to initiate a traffic stop and investigate. When they dont stop, again we are not thinking medical, but criminal. Once the vehicle is stopped and we make contact, there will be tell tale clues we look for. One of the big ones is what their eyes look like..

I cannot state how much i agree with this post, and to everyone in this thread arguing against this form of rational thinking, please note -- I have dealt with harassment from LEO's when i was younger. Apparently that happens to teenage kids, gothed out in a black leather trench coat after the columbine incidence. In fact i was handcuffed, pushed to the ground and then endured a verbal assault on my character for 2 hours while in the back of a squad car... I was pulled over... because my license plate light was apparently burnt-out. (moreso it apparently wasn't when i went to change the bulb the next day). I'm no stranger to injustices done by police officers, but in this scenario, the officer was acting with his best judgement and within the boundaries of jurisdiction given to him.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

So point me to your house and let me be an animal...

You have alot to learn about the human species.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cybertron
what the vid shows is not 3 or four punches is continually hitting the lady

Its 5 punches on the video as well as the officers report.

while the car is NOT MOVING

As the officer noted and the media reported in my links, she refused to roll her window down, she refused lawful commands to stop what she was doing, and she ignored them. She was mashing down on the gas pedal trying to break the car free, so she was in fact, residiting and attempting to flee. Just because the car did not move, does not mean it wasnt about to.

and there are three cops around the car with all windows open, If there were a gun they would not have dropped charges your comments on the topic justifies the cops actions, Here in S.A we would have had street justice and the people witnessing this would have intervened and hung that pig of a cop.

American Law Enforcement as well as our laws are not going to be the same in South Africa. Respectfully, punching a drunk driver in an attempt to stop her actions is more humane that placing a flamthrower on your vehicle to use against people, which was and I beleive is still legal in South. Africa.

Flamethrower now an option on S. African cars

Just because you have a badge and uniform doesnt mean your above the law, and it def doesnt mean you can end a situation like that if its not called for for eg if the COPS life was really trouble.....

Correct, we are not above the law. However, we have whats referred to as a plus one advantage. For every level of force a person comes at us with, we are allowed to go one step higher. Also, citizens are not above the law either, but it is nice to know that people are supporting a drunk driver who fled from the police, endangering them and everyone else on the road.

in a situation like that the cop was in the car already on the passenger window for a brief second, the cop that was hitting the lady also could of just as easily pulled her right out of the car and pinned her to the ground,

Easier said than done, and as I said before the standard is not 20/20 hindsight, but what the officer perceived at the exact moment the use of force occured. Until you are placed into that exact situation, your view is nothing but an opinion based on 2020 hindsight and a lack of knowledge about how our laws work.

Instead of brutily hitting somone sitting behind a steering wheel.

It was not brutal, and her being behind the steering wheel is what started that whole mess. Again, until you are in a situation where you are attempting to extract a resistant driver, you have absolutely no idea how difficult or dangerous that can be.

And if you havent Noticed the charges on her were all dropped except failing to stop. it is pretty obvious what side your sitting on. how does AMERICAS top crime song go.....

And again, based on your lack of knowledge about how our legal system works, she can be charged at a later date as long as its within the statute of limitations. Some of her actions meet the Felony level, which means those charges can be filed many years later if the PA chooses to do so.

I do Law Enforcement for a living, so my views are based on local, state and Federal Law, including department operating guidelines, training and experience.

Thugs thats all you people are.

I would actually use the term educated, knowledgeable, experienced and trained, where as you are uneducated about our laws, lack the knowledge to understand how those laws apply, inexperienced as evidenced by your argument about how the incident "should" have happened as well as lacking the training to competently speak on this topic.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by Xcathdra

Sir, if she had been drinking and driving she would not have had her charges dropped. Period.

Thank God I know if I'm pulled over locally I'll walk away intact from the stop. Excessive force cannot be explained away. It is what it is and yes, I have disdain for heavy handed LEOs. I will not apologize for that.

And again, your argument is flawed because you do not understand how the law works in this area. I have worked a DWI where the person was charged 6 months later because I had to doa blood draw instead of the breath test. The moment the lab sent the results, my pc statement was submitted to the PA, and warrants were issued for her arrest.

Any use of force is documented. When I put my uniform on and take a call, the moment I arrive on scene I just exercised a use of force - Presence. When I spea with people and ask questions, I just used another use of force - Dialogue / verbal commands.

Again the Supreme Court has ruled that 20/20 hindsight cannot be used to judge an officers actions. Its what the officer perceived at the exact moment the force was used. We are required by law to end an encounter as quickly and safely as possible, using the least amount of force as possible. We are required to descalate as the situation descalates.

You view it as excessive, I see it as possibly justified based on all the information presented to us by media accounts. I see it this way because of my background, education and training coupled with experience. Its a foreign concept to almost all people to utilize force on another human being except for self defense. When civilians witness our actions, their view comes from their thoughts on what is right and wrong, and not on law or a use of force continum.

Statute of Limitations - please look that term up. It will help you understand what I am telling you.

My response is meant with all due respect.
edit on 24-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

Ummm........I was only bringing up that he was english because of the post I was replying "to". And him being a soldier is irrelevant, I was a US soldier........twice...........and I have to tell you that I was quite, quite, good at my "job". That being said I never relinquished my.........humanity.
These brutal leo's need to reflect that perhaps their actions are being cataloged.......and perhaps the jack boot will be on........the other foot....one day.
Keep your Oath........or we will keep ours......nuff said

YouSir

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Flamethrowers on our cars? hahahahahaha you my friend are uneducated,
Thats why i love video footage, because it doesnt matter what excuses one uses the vid tells a differnt story,
If that was the best outcome for her? then i feel sorry for the people you are protecting.
i am really interested to see how this turns out.
Oh and btw i dont have to attack your credibility to prove a point, your an idiot and should not be a cop.

And surely if i were reving my car hysterically looking for a way out as soon as the cop hit me the first time my foot would have lifted off the clutch and the car would have MOVED. So ya one cop to another we dont need to "moer" a lady to get her out the car. Simple soulution was infact pull her out, If those cops were real cops they would have noted the posibilities of danger before even hitting her.... "if she had a gun ect" Lame excuses for such cruel behaviour.
edit on 24-1-2011 by Cybertron because: Updated

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Are you honestly telling me after watching the vid there was no way for the cop to just simply pull her out of the car and arrest her?

Oh and you telling me as a martial artist when you jab someone in the temple or the nose is not as bad as taking a hard shot to the jaw? You must give up your hobby

Lol. You're arguging against science and reason right now.

As for pulling her out -- if they did that while she was alert, and she hit the gas hard.. well. Why don't we meet up and perform an experiment -- you stick your arm in the car, hold onto me, and i'll hit the gas. We'll see what wins in that event. The metal, and structurely reinforced bar of the door with the force of a 1,000lb object suddenly going 20mph, or your soft-fleshy appendage. I'll give you a hit, but my buddy Newton says that the car wins and you're in the hospital within 20 minutes after -- possibly missing you arm.

As for punching. There's a huge difference between a punch that has the additional force behind it of energy channeling from the feet, to twisting knees, then into the hips, chest, shoulders, arm, and finally out the fist. That's a punch from a martial artist, or boxer. In fact, thats why in martial arts, a (block) stance, will typically see most of the body weight on the back leg, with the foot pointed horozontally and the front foot towards the attacker. This gives the martial artist the proper form to twist their back leg so it points forward, and brings the entire energy of their next movement into the attack. Try it.

position your feet like this:

upload.wikimedia.org...

Then rotate your back foot to this position

upload.wikimedia.org...

and note the force that starts traveling from your foot into your hips, and then continue the fluidity of the motion into your torso, shoulders and out the arm. Bonus points if you're able to produce enough force from the motion that you can move air and blow out a candle.

Anyways -- i posted a link up above that gives the physics equasions of a punch and shows how the force of the punch is multiplied as the energy travels through the body. As i stated, the officer had a few hard punches and then a number of jabs. Your argument of where the punches landed is completely null as that wasn't visible in the video, nor stated by the reporter or officers -- it's, at best, anecdotal evidence.

Sir, if you want to attack my "hobbies" and say i should pick other one's, then my counter-advice to you is to pick up a 6th grade physical science book and go from there.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Oh and big deal about the prescription drug..... Um they are PRESCRIBED all legal. and if that PIG hit my wife like that i would of put him in ICU let alone my wife swearing at him.

Please familiarize yourself with DWI/DUI laws. Prescription meds are prescription because of side effects an potentcy. Just because you have a prescription for percocets does not mean you can take them and drive. If you do and you are stopped, you can be charged with DWI / DUI.

Alcohol is legal to buy and consume if you are over 21. However, you arent allowed to drink in the moving vehicle, and you are not allowed to operate a vehicle while in an impaird state, which is a side effect of alcohol.

As far as the idle threats, save em. I could care less that you think you can throw down with the police and come out on the winning end.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Flamethrowers on our cars? hahahahahaha you my friend are uneducated,
Thats why i love video footage, because it doesnt matter what excuses one uses the vid tells a differnt story,
If that was the best outcome for her? then i feel sorry for the people you are protecting.
i am really interested to see how this turns out.
Oh and btw i dont have to attack your credibility to prove a point, your an idiot and should not be a cop.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA

ok i'm done.

wait.. HAHAHAHAH

It's you're. /lrn2grammar.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cybertron

Uhm.. riight. Since you apparently are an expert in Law Enforcement, please enlighten us on what you would do in that situation.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I may be country but that doesn't make me ignorant. I know what statute of limitations is. You are trying to excuse and justify behavior that the majority of us find inexcusable. I suspect you are defending these abusive LEOs for more than the obvious reason of being law enforcement yourself. Toes hurt much?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

What idle threat are you refering to ?
And who said she was using the prescribed drugs while driving,
you make stories that suit your need to justify his actions,
The karate boi above aswell is actually amusing, you say 6th grade science,
so his stance was off or yadda yadda yadda typical typical,
Your and idiot.

This artical was put on here for a good argument on what views the public have,
and you try and decredit me? shows you that a bully tries and wins an argument by getting ugly?
I do a fair bit of research on every topic i find interesting, so its not a case of i open my mouth and # comes out like you guys. So please let it unfold as it should and just simply go back into your deep dark "animal" holes

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamgodtron
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Things like this are never going to stop and will happen more and more often.
If we protest they send the riot police, if we write our congressman, the letters
are screened and never make it to its destination. Public outcrys are not even
effective anymore. Revolt? That wont work, the there would be martial law and
mass death. To many variables against the public....its us against them.

It's funny you should say that. As I recall, that picture is depicted on one of the Illuminati card games (cards) as hippies beating cops to the ground with signs......suggesting that "people of peace will go to war with the cops and will overcome them", ....in the cards, the hippies are winning. Although I hate hippies, I believe it means that people who desire peace will revolt to keep it. [you know....hippies with all their peace talk....get it?]

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

I actually gave you a star about my grammer
yes it is flawed, But not as flawed as my judgment and personality.

Be all you can be.... whahaha

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Cybertron

Thank you for proving my point about not being educated or knowledgable about the law and how it works in other countries. I will be the first person to admit I know nothing about laws in S.A., just as you know nothing about laws here in the states.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Bravo...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare

I may be country but that doesn't make me ignorant. I know what statute of limitations is. You are trying to excuse and justify behavior that the majority of us find inexcusable. I suspect you are defending these abusive LEOs for more than the obvious reason of being law enforcement yourself. Toes hurt much?

inexcusable would have been if the officers tasered her 3x (one from each cop) causing her to go into cardiac arrest and most likely die.

Argue against that please.. Oh and i double-dare you to say that i'm an officer. There's little, to no way, i would be allowed to be a LEO. Not only do i feel that most of the drug-laws are unfair and beyond outdated, but my intarwebs history has been to sites that make the anarchist cookbook look like a children's picture-book. Obtaining information isn't a crime, but sites seized by the NSA and their members' information tend to go into government databases.

Google shadowcrew if you're curious. Wanna know all 'bout 2d barcodes?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Ah.. the famous when proven wrong attack the poster technique. Ignorance is a lack of understanding / knowledge on how something works.

In this case, you are not understanding how the law works. As I said, my views are based on my background. You are entitled to your opinion of course so thats fine.

Ive explained in a few replies now to others on how use of force works.

My question for you and some others is why do you guys condone drunk driving?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I do agree with you on knowlege on American Laws
but surely the law is there to protect people against abuse aswell?
I find this thread very interesting, On possible outlooks.
My opinion is the cop is a pig for beating the woman,
Your opinion he is a hero for stoping a drunk driver.

Nice thing about a non comunist world were are entitled to our own thoughts

And it is very clear those who cannot put there ideas forward without harrasment are
"animals" ----> i love that theory and bullies.

You asked what would be my action in that same event?
well police officers should know you cannot just jump into car like he di and start hitting,
If there were a gun he would have got shot. The car was in a non momentum state even if the engine was on, and boxed in, Sure she could have broken free after a couple of tries and by that time the police officers should have had the situation under controll. They should of read the situation better.
Again, My outlook not yours, Mine.
And karate boi, Before you laugh at my "Grammer" its actually called spelling, and secondly before you get into a tizzy fit about your lame sport try Fishing its more relaxing.. :p

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Don't bother -- they're arguing against how physics works too.

It's quite apparent that a number of posters have a simple problem with authoritarian figures, in any caliber. Bloody ironic statement coming from me, because the military won't even accept me due to "psychological reasons" mainly tied into -- don't laugh -- problems with authority.

Yes i came into this thread with a bone to pick, because ignorance is beyond afloat, and the simple laws of science and nature are being ignored in favor of irrational, and ignorant, views.

Edit: fly fishing is more relaxing. Come join me on the North Platte river sometime.
edit on 24-1-2011 by Evil_Santa because: 'cuz

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join