It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cop repeatedly punching a 53 year old woman in the face

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I will, as usual, let the viewer draw their own conclusions on this one.

This took place in Utah, and is still under investigation.

Sounds initially, (according to the officers involved) as if this gal was supposedly driving under the influence, and failing to stop, although bizzarely enough, all the charges were tossed out? I'm assuming in relation to this Utah state trooper's actions? He is currently on paid administrative lead.

Take a gander and weigh in ATSers---Over the top? Or appropos for the situation at hand?

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Stop her driving off? From the footage, looks like she was pretty boxed in so couldn't drive off if she wanted. Cops hell bent on power as per usual!

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Things like this are never going to stop and will happen more and more often.
If we protest they send the riot police, if we write our congressman, the letters
are screened and never make it to its destination. Public outcrys are not even
effective anymore. Revolt? That wont work, the there would be martial law and
mass death. To many variables against the public....its us against them.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
As i dont agree with the actions of the Officers in this case, We all know what flashing lights & sirens mean right? PULL OVER DUHHH!!!, so if are not smart enough to do that you deserve to get what you get, Im sorry but stupid people should get treated like stupid animals.......

+28 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
If I was a cop I'd have shot the drunken idiot.

She was still trying to drive off and would have run people over if necessary.

In my opinion ....which is a bit jaded after watching the criminals get set up as the victim over and over and over.

Middle aged drunk woman drives around recklessly endangering the populace.....oohh.

Poor little drunk lady.

Yeah, a couple of socks to the jaw instead of a couple of .45 cal rounds to the torso. She got off light.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Indeed i agree, if you do Stupid stuff your a victim of your own actions in my opinion.. she had plenty of options to just pull over. But she made the choice to continue to be a Dumb Arse..

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Totally agree don't break the law and you won't have to have that treatment, all the people saying it's wrong would you still be saying it wrong if she ran over a member of your family? I think you would say " she deserves everything she got"

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm not sure I agree with the number of shots the female took. One would have been enough from an officer that size, also, if his arm was that far into the vehicle, he could have just shut it off.
I've done that before, without having to punch the driver over and over.

On the flip side, regardless of boxing her in, she is still behind the wheel of a 2000 lb 150 - 170 HP grand am. She could have pushed through the angles of the "block in", if she was determined enough.

It's not a cop on a power trip, making sure he scores some points for some NWO takeover. He's just trying to make sure NO one gets killed by this idiot driver.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Agree with above comments on the surface, HOWEVER...

Did you guys also pay attention to the fact that ALL CHARGES AGAINST HER WERE DISMISSED?

THIS, to me, indicates that perhaps all was not as it seemed to be! If she WAS guilty of this, then why would they throw the entire case out?

IF she was under the influence and evading, then I will be the first to agree the use of even deadly force may be warranted. BUT-all charges were dropped here...Indicating that there is more to this story than initial accounts might suggest.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I believe the case might of been thrown out as part of a deal to protect the cop in other words don't press charges against him and we will drop the drink driving case.

It's possible.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The charges were dismissed because crime is now tried in the media.

If it had been a young black man or a guy in a cowboy hat and pickup then it never would have hit the news.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Why do the police think it's ok to treat people like this? What's wrong with them? It's appalling!

I wonder what this man's parents, wife and family think of him now? I'd be ashamed if he were my son or husband.

I bet that his wife, if he has one, has to go through the same treatment at home, I doubt this is a one-off assault.

The police are nothing but bullies. Criminals in a police uniform. You and I would be locked up for doing something like this, just as this 'man' should be.

S&F

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

Many good points and very well balanced input. Also, it is good to ad, how many innocent people die from drunk drivers? How many people here on ATS have lost someone dear to them due to a drunk driver? Police officers see this thing all to often and they themselves are getting sick of seeing the out-come.
I guess if I where is that officers shoes I would have been just as zealous in stopping that woman. She may have been treated abusively, but just imagine now if that woman was never caught and she crashed into a car containing the wife/husband and children you love with your whole soul?

Your view of what justice is changes when you are the victim....learn empathy.

edit on 23-1-2011 by iamgodtron because: spell check

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

This cop needs to take off that badge, drop the gun and go four rounds with a real man.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It is only the story of the Police that they were stopping her for DWI. She was NOT charged with DWI, she was NOT convicted of DWI, this is PROOF that she was NOT DWI. I don’t care if she was DWI, once the stop is made you don’t get to beat up the suspect. The ONLY time an officer has the right to hit a suspect is in his own protection. The officers own statement is what should send him to jail.

The officer is punching her because he is Pissed-off. Watch the video you will see that she is “Boxed-in”. The first action is not “get out of your car woman“… the first action is breaking the window in her face, followed quickly with several well place jabs to the face. This is WAY over the line. Just another example in a whole line of examples of the Police being OUT OF CONTROL. No excuse for this unprofessional behavior.

What if this was YOUR Mother?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I really don't think it's got anything to do with it been a woman I bet he would of done it if it was male and woman are the first to scream equal rights, well she got her equal rights alright

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

I believe the case might of been thrown out as part of a deal to protect the cop in other words don't press charges against him and we will drop the drink driving case.

I don't so. The LEO's would want the charges to stick, then it would justify any action they took to stop and control the woman

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

The policeare trained to stun, therefore breaking the window is one of many tactics and if it wasy mum she would be getting disowned for drink driving!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PresumedInnocent

But without the woman pressing charges there is alot less of a case is there not?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

Are you not paying attention that she was NEVER CHARGED with drunk driving? The only thing they actually tried to charge her with is failure to stop, and even that was dismissed and thrown out by the court.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join