It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are naturally plant-eaters

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I like meat, even raw occasionally, this thread has not convinced me to change my ways and become vegan, sorry

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
So you go with your big bad self, meat eaters. It is your heart.
And remember the strongest and largest creatures on the planet are vegan.

blue whale is not a vegan and is the largest animal on the planet, it eats krill which is an animal so you are mistaken.

edit on 25-1-2011 by munkey66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Me and a friend of mine had a discussion the other day, not about becoming a vegan thank goodness. I've never been hunting, fisherman here, and he was telling me about it and how deer have eyes more on the sides of their heads so they can see broader. The discussion lead to us having an epiphany, we have eyes on our fronts so we are looking directly AT our prey. Majority of Hunting animals have theirs eyes facing forward (not all, the first thing that comes to mind is a great white) and majority of herb. have their eyes more on the sides so they can SEE us comming at them.

So for you to say we're made not to eat meat? I disagree

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
although i do say we need protein and such meat definetely has some serious health problems associated if you step back and take a good look. to the people saying that our ancestors did it are you also suggesting we kill each other for land, pillage and plunder? the difference between us and animals who kill is that they do it for survival whereas now we do not need to per say. if you want to be a mindless animal or a barbaric cavemen then go shoot the next person that cuts you off because those are the type of instincts we are talking about

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I know where you are coming from OP, I've been there myself, wondering whether to become a vegetarian.

But, I think the facts may say something else. I reference mercola.com a lot, because I think he's a stand up guy, and he's a real doctor, who is into natural therapies. Read some of his stuff on meat.

No one can argue that processed meats, and chemical laden meat is probably not good for you, but thinking in best terms, good, clean organic meat can be quite healthy.

I eat in a bit of a balance, meat is not the only thing I consume in other words.

The thing is, we aren't the only creatures on earth to eat meat. You gotta kind of step outside the corpse idea. Nature is set up in a bit of a cruel way for many animals. You get eaten alive in some respects if you are an animal in the wild.

But, I do not agree with the mis-treatment of animals, even if they are our food. Respect them, feed them well, give them a comfortable natural place to live, and kill them humanely. That's one area where we are capable of being different than animals. We can be caring.

But, I am open to the idea that you could be healthy and be vegan. I'm not going to put anyone down for making that choice.

Troy
edit on 26-1-2011 by cybertroy because: always something to add

edit on 26-1-2011 by cybertroy because: some more stuff to add

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Yet plant based diets that "hit all the bases" as to what we need are diets that are only made possible by the modern world. Look at the plants required for a purely "vegan" diet are found naturally and then tell me we are meant to be herbavores or that we evolved that way. Let's look at the "Vegan" Food Pyramid shall we and compare them to what would be found in our point of origin *Africa* shall we?
Example, Legumes.

Legumes: 2 or more servings per day
group includes beans, peas, lentils, tempeh, tofu, & meat/dairy substitutes. source of fiber, protein, iron, calcium, zinc, and B vitamins.

Legumes in General

The history of legumes is tied in closely with that of human civilization, appearing early in Asia, the Americas (the common Phaseolus bean in several varieties), and Europe (broad beans) by 6000 BC, where they became a staple, essential for supplementing protein where there was not enough meat.

source
Soy beans

The soybean (U.S.) or soya bean (UK) (Glycine max) is a species of legume native to East Asia.

source
And this is just a start.

Hell, our teeth alone disprove the idea we are herbavores. Life feeds on life. Get over it.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hippocrates, the father of medicine, states: "If man at grass alone he would live a thousand years" The minute something dies it starts to "decay", unless you eat it as soon as it is killed. Our inhuman treatment of the animals we kill and eat is probably why it is killing us. Cows stripped of it's sking while still alive so the leather will be softer, giving chickens growth hormones, so in 6 weeks they are fully grown. [but skinny]. Go without eating meat for 3 weeks and see how sick you get when you eat it.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Humans are not naturally plant eaters, meaning humans eat both plants and animals naturally.

The title of this thread is a false assertion, or it is only a half-truth.

Humans in the wild throughout human history have been shown to eat both animals and plants.

The title of the thread should be: "Humans are naturally plant and animal eaters"

edit on 26-1-2011 by windwaker because: For clarification of logic.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

What about the poor defensless piece of brocolli your eating it is a living oraganism. Don't you feel the same compassion for the plants as well.

Weeps uncontrollably.... NOT

Come on.\\Slaughter.

When I was a boy in the 70's we use to go up to outr aunts house on the farm.

They would walk out and pick who the luck one was and chop chop[ chop.

We were eating.

If I was meant to eat veg I would have teath like a plant eater.

Last time I checked I had sharp incisers for cutting bloddy flesh.

MMMMMMmmmmmmmm I love the tase of the bloody juices of a nice rare veal tenderloin. The bloddier the better.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

I have actually had the honor of gutting it my self. Listen we are meat eaters period.

Becasue you choose to eat veg and look like you have slim wasting deasese that is your choice.

A couple of people I know who are vegan always have to drink this crappy tasting stuff and dropps under the tongue and eat all this nasty smelling stuff and though the drink water they are always sick and coughing and have some illness or another.

Me I love the smell of a good steak cooking on the grill.

I know Mr black and his accomplis love it too as they drool uncontrollably just from the sweet aromas.

I like to marinade in A1 sauce for about 4 hours.

Toss that baby on a hot grill for about 4 minutes a side. Oohohohhhhhhhh.

I know what I'm making for dinner tonight.

Yummie rib eyes..

Got to get them out of the chest freezer.

Got to go..

RB out

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black

I know what I'm making for dinner tonight.

Yummie rib eyes..

RB out

My mouth waters when I hear the mention of rib eyes more than it would if grass or broccoli is mentioned.

This means I must naturally be a meat and plant eater. I eat both.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
the main problem with these threads is that the vegans have what they believe to be a moral barrow to push, killing of animals is bad and meat eaters should be ashamed, news flash, last time I watched an animal documentary, the lioness wasn't putting an electric shock into the wilderbeast it just caught, the other lionesses didn't either, they had it down and where covering it's mouth so it couldn't breath or crushing the wind pipe, crocodiles grab an animal and basically try and rip it apart by doing a death roll, in fact all of nature has one animal catching and eating one another without any remorce or pity.
when are we going to get off our high horses and remember that we ourselves are still just animals on this planet who got lucky enough to grow a big brain from exploiting our enviroment (although some members are questionable) we will eat anything we find when hungry, a starving mans instinct for survival will mean he will eat practically anything, read up on any story of survival and you will read that people have eaten bugs, birds, small animals and even each other in order to survive, so we are not naturally plant eaters, this thread should be renamed "Humans are naturally scavangers"

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

A couple of people I know who are vegan always have to drink this crappy tasting stuff and dropps under the tongue and eat all this nasty smelling stuff and though the drink water they are always sick and coughing and have some illness or another.

That's complete BS. I'm calling you out, I know you don't know any vegans. None of that is true. Grow up.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Me too. I love fresh vegies from the garden. I cannot wait until spring. I start all my stuff indoors in March April and May.

Let me tell you.

Summer squash with zuchinni, home made partially peeled mashed red skin potatoes with a nice rib eye or t bone which has been marinating for about 4 hours...My wife puts the a1 on after but ionce I marinade the A1 is not neccassary. Now if you do not marinade then I prefer A1 sause.

Delicish.

Also another good steak marinade just like steak house seasoning you would by from the butcher.

McCormick's grill mates Montreal Steak seasoning.

Throw a steak or chicken breast in a zip lock throw 2 table spoons of the seasonings add about 3 table spoons of canola oil. Let that marinade for about 4 hours or longer.

Then get the grill hot. I get the grill really hot first and throw on the steak and then turn it down to med heat. About 3-4 minutes I take the steak and flip it over to the other side burner which is nice and hot.

This puts those nice resteraunt stripse on it. If you like Criss cross then due it over 2 minutes flipped 4 times. I prefer 2 times as I have mastered the grill techniques. They also make a new Apple wood smoke rub which is great on ribs. I rub it on the ribs and let it sit over night. I take out the ribs and throw them on the grill with a little salt.

Grill the on both side for about 5 min do not let it burn just slightly browned.

Take them off the grill and wrap them in foil and put them back on the grill for about 4 hours on the lowest possible temp not over the burner lite one side leave the other off if possible an keep it closed no peeking. When the time is up take it out carefull without loosing the juices and let it sit out to cool. Of course mr black and accomplis are secured as they cannot help them selves as they drool uncontrollably.

After the sit bust out some homemade redskinn potatoe salad and some homemade cole slaw.

Oh my mix that is with some nice ice cold beers out on the deck by the pool on a nice summer day.

Ohhhh forgetabout it.

MMMmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Let me tell you when a crane is hover over a bass and scoops hiom up and swallows him whole.

is he feeling bad or is he like MMMMnnnn mmm.

When I coyote eats a little bunny and rips it apart and eats it does he feel bad for it.. Do you think he feels guilty.

What about and eagle or a lion.

The animals are here for us to eat.

Why do you think the tast so yummy.

If we were no supposed to eat them would they have mad them taste bad.

you like your not supposed to eat dirt. it tast nasty so don't eat it.

Foam cushin from your sofa.. Some freaks might like to eat it but it still taste like crap. Doesn't mean we should eat it.

When I was young I went to camp with a kid named Freddy.

Freddy was a funny kid. you know what he liked to eat.

Tissue.

We went to his cabin and he had 5 boxes of tissues. Where like hoply # dude you cant eat them. He was like its good here try one where are like dude your whacked in the head. he is like no I'm note look my mom even gave me little packs incase we go out I can bring a little pack.

Some people weill eat anything.

Others know what we are supposed to and not supposed to eat.

Some like to guilt others to eating the way they eat.

I say eat what you want but don't come crying to me when toilet papaer and leaves come out you assests.

RB out.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Let me tell you when a crane is hover over a bass and scoops hiom up and swallows him whole.

Your not a crane, you are human

No because they cant go to the supermarked and buy food

When I coyote eats a little bunny and rips it apart and eats it does he feel bad for it.. Do you think he feels guilty.

Because somehing taste good its okay ? have you ever eaten human meat, what if that tasted good, would you slaughter humans and justify it with "they taste good therefor its legal"

So if I had sex with my mother and it felt good to me.. its ok ?? or if I ate a human child with a good wine and it tasted good.. its ok ??

Foam cushin from your sofa.. Some freaks might like to eat it but it still taste like crap. Doesn't mean we should eat it.
Taste is different from person to person,.. but a cushin is not even food but fabric...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It's quite funny when meatmen say that if things taste good; it means we were suppose to eat them.

I don't disagree.

The irony of the situation is, their big steaks taste like a tire unless seasoned with vegetables and spices.

edit on 26-1-2011 by The_Zomar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

Balanced diet does involve eating protein, I do love a good bloody steak although red meat has been shown to be bad for you in large quantities (as with anything).
meat+veg+veg+veg for me, refined foodstuffs are out, I approach my diet in a simple way; If I can't tell whats init from looking at it on my plate - I don't eat it.

Corn Syrup is the devil (if there is such a thing).

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

Your not a crane, you are human Thats right I am A human and why dont you find out what humans ate in the early days of life they were eating meat.

No because they cant go to the supermarked and buy food If he could he would. Like you said he is a crane he is not human.

No because they cant go to the supermarked and buy food I dont have to go to the supermarket to by food I can go out back..

The problem is there is no veggies right now just deer foxes birds. And yes I have eated them all. And Actually I may have eating rate once when I was in japan way up north walking down the street. They were cooking food on a habachi and it smelled good so I walked over and bought some and gobbled it up. and ohhh it was good. I asked what it was and he said rat meat..

I'm still here though...

No because they cant go to the supermarked and buy food No it is usually provided to the by the zoo keeper who buys it from a food distributer. But they defenitly perfer meat.

Because somehing taste good its okay ? have you ever eaten human meat, what if that tasted good, would you slaughter humans and justify it with "they taste good therefor its legal" Well if it tasted good and it was not illegal to eat and people were not infected with communicable deseases them hey what the hell I would try it.

hell I would eat # if it tasted good..

Maybe not..

But I do hear it is imported into north korea. I wonder what they do with it. HHMmmmm. Probably feed it to there people as meat loaf. Just need to buy it from people who eat sheopards pie I guess....

So if I had sex with my mother and it felt good to me.. its ok ?? or if I ate a human child with a good wine and it tasted good.. its ok ??

Well I hate to say it but most of us normally people would not be as excited to perform the and would not be able to. Now if my mom was Natalie Portman then yes I would do what ever she asked of me. hell I would walk a mile in a blizzard to eat her hot lunch.

Taste is different from person to person,.. but a cushin is not even food but fabric...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

sorry there is something magical about a bacon double cheeseburger

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join