It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are naturally plant-eaters

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I wonder how many vegans are aware that there organic foods are fertilized with organic fertilizers such as cow manure,(from farms who breed cows not for the manure but the meat and milk) ,
Dynamic lifter or Chicken poo, once again these farms arn't breeding chickens for the fertilizer industry.
fish emulsion (Fish emulsion is a fertilizer that is produced from the fluid remains of fish processed for fish oil and fish meal industrially.)
and my all time favorite fertilizer of all, blood and bone which happens to come from grounding down the bones of animals after the meat is removed.
so if we are what we eat, well our lovely little vegtables and fruit grow big and strong from the animal by products they use on them.
Organic growers use natural products, those listed above are organic fertilizers

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman
reply to post by The_Zomar

That is not a cogent response to what I said.
You are just responding with nonsense now.

BTW, I notice you failed to address the vast majority of my post again.

Dude, if you post actual hard, scientificly verifiable information in response to Zomar or LUXUS they will just ignore it and carry on their prattling.

I have noticed Zomar especially keeps banging on about Humans not being "designed" to be hunters, but on page 23 of this thread I have shown that is utter crap..

His response? Just ignore it and repeat his lies. Yep, I said it. Zomar and LUXUS are liars, deliberately misrepresenting already distorted and biased information, and when proven wrong they will just pretend you said nothing at all and continue feeding their tripe to the world. If they genuinely felt they could back up what they were saying, they would respond to our posts in full, dealing with our every point and counter-point.

It really isn't worth the effort. Some people love to wallow around in ignorance.
edit on 24/1/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I would say the main reason I eat meat is to give all the poor cattle a life, if nobody ate them the farmers wouldn't breed them and they would not live at all so, by me eating them, all the chickens, cows and pigs get to live and run round the fields (well some of them any way) so I am doing them more of a favour than any Vegan, who denies them a life in the first place.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
We should all eat according to our body types. One diet is not good for all.
We can make generalizations though. High saturated fat diet is bad and causes many problems. Sugar is never good. Etc.. These apply to everyone. There is a good baseline to go off of based on research. It's called the blood type diet or blood type lifestyle. This is based on body chemistry and what works well with each types. In the end, everything we eat comes down to chemistry after digestion.

Example:

Type O: Meat eaters. These types need lots of meat or more specifically animal proteins. Their bodies excel at breaking down animal flesh into amino acids etc..

Type A: Vegetarian lifestyle works better for these types. These boy types excel at extracting amino acids, vitamins and minerals from breaking down plant life.

There is also type B and types AB. I recommend looking up the information on these. In addition to relevant diet information the research also spells out what items cause problems and what types of lifestyles work best. For example type O is at risk for heart disease and diabetes. Type A needs to have short intense workouts to avoid protein breakdown in the muscles. Etc.

I am a vegetarian and a type A. I was already a vegetarian when I started reading this research but it explained many things to me about what works best and what will hinder me. This has held true for me and I think others will benefit also. There is a website for some basic info but most of the meat is in the books.

Click on "Individualized diets" then your blood type for a basic rundown.
Link

Check out the book for in depth information.
Book
The book has 600 reviews and is 4 out of 5 stars. Seems to help quite a few people. Also there are more books in the same type title about lifestyle etc..

Enjoy. And read up about YOURSELF. You benefit greatly from knowing how your own body works!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
Out of the hundreds of vegetarians I have met personally. Very few of them were healthy.

In fact, most of them were the fattest people I know.

Human beings are omnivores, the best diet for us is by observing what other omnivores such as bears are eating, which is everything in sight, that is our natural diet.

Moderation is the key to health.

Extremism will only lead to deficiency in the majority of people who try it.

Perhaps instead of denying the value of meat, we should be encouraging the practice of a balanced diet.
edit on 21-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

I agree whole-heartedly. Except, in my experience here in Los Angeles, the vegetarians/vegans are some of the skinniest, physically weak people I know. They tend to always be tired and ill, and if they fall down, almost always break a bone similar to an elderly person, despite being in their 20's.

Scientists have long theorized that what set us apart from other close species (like chimps) was the fact that we were able to start eating meat consistently. The sudden increase in protein, helped our brains develop to the point that we were able to leave our nature friends behind. (for better or worse!)

Either way, I have tried on many occasions to stop eating meat, not for some pretentious reason, or because its "trendy," but because I was curious to see if I would notice a difference in my health.

Let me tell you, I could never make it longer than a week without desperately craving large amounts of protein. I think we should give our bodies what they crave (within reason) Maybe some people can make it work because they have enough money to hire a gourmet chef to make them egg white/ vegetable omelette's everyday.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by locster

Stop the presses... evidently Jane Goodall has passed away. I think you're making reference to Dian Fosse.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Our guts contain bacteria that help us to digest meat, and that not to eat meat could mean that the bacteria are lying idle, so making it easier for diseases to flourish.

I haven't been ill in 15 years...not even a cold. (that may be from the constant alcohol in my system though)

Meat eaters 1, vegans 0

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I've often thought; How would I like to be shipped in with a bunch of other humans, repeatedly shocked, beaten, and have my throat slit, then processed into a lunch meat. That video makes me sick. You can see the pain in the cow's eyes. And to those of you who go "oh it's just a cow", well cows have consciousness too, which is a gift from nature, and I believe all things with consciousness are capable of pain.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by horatio13

The morality of modern farming and slaughtering methods is not the discussion here, that is soemthing else entirely.

This thread is about whether Humans are NATURALLY (as a result of evolution) Herbivorous or Omnivorous.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

With respect who told you this nugget of B.S?

Look at out teeth they are designed for both plant and animal consumption.

Canine incisors are for what then? Those really frisky tomatoes?

Come off it man.. even chimps are omnivors.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

I would be cautious making generalizations. I live in Cali and do not come close to the mold you are referring to. I am a vegetarian AND an athlete. I am pretty much solid muscle and I have seemingly infinite energy. My available energy stores skyrocketed when I switched to being a vegetarian. I also dropped all unnecessary body fat and now I am just about all lean muscle.

If you want to generalize don't forget the rest of the population. I would say 95% of all people have no clue what they should eat. Vegetarians become fat by eating too many carbohydrates and the wrong ones at that. There is too much processed food in the diets of generally everyone. Vegetarians eat more carbs to offset their hunger and they eat the wrong ones. Omnivores have a double hit because the eat too much meat which is high in saturated fat, hormones, and antibodies AS WELL AS eating too many processed carbs.

If you are fat it is not because you are a vegetarian or meat eater it is because you fill up on junk which is not real food. Think about what the human diet was designed for. Raw veggies and fruits, nuts, grain bread and occasional lean meats which have been untreated. If you want to stick close to that original human diet you need organic foods without all the 'extra' treatments. Preservatives are not natural, cattle growth hormones and steroids are not natural, huge doses if antibiotics in meat is not natural. Genetically modified veggies are not natural. Cooking veggies nearly destroys all the living macrobiotic life forms which are extremely beneficial to your body.

Bottom line is most people I meet 98% of them have $hitty diets. Know what you are eating and aim for real food. If the ingredient list is longer than the box it is printed on throw that in the trash because that is what it is you are holding.

As a reply to this poster...I doubt you know ANY vegetarians and even if you do it is probably only one. Fat vegetarians eat too many processed carbs just like fat omnivores. Skinny vegetarians eat too little calories and too little amino acid bearing foods and too little fat. Yes fat is necessary. And you need to eat fat to lose fat by the way. The real diet tips are out there people just need to look for them.

It always amazes me, truly, how people will just about eat anything with little concern for its makeup (contents). Would you do that with medicines? No you probably wouldn't. BUT, food is medicine. Food is a chemical substance just like anything else. The body does not know what to do with foreign/non-natural substances.

Understand when you are making a gross generalization out of ignorance. It does nothing but make people who listen to you more stupid than they are. So do it for them as well.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
Vegan/vegetarianism is, for the most part, an elitist, Western diet for the wealthy and privileged.

Really?
nah,.. I eat mostly vegies and some fish,chicken.
an occasional wild turkey. (easy pickens where I live)
But I dont consider myself rich, elitist or privileged.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by Vandalour

Don't do it ! Your Brain will shrink to the Size of a Pea ! Meat Eaters Brains Evolve faster than Vegtable Brain People .

being a meat eater all of my life i always felt bogged down fat and just didnt want to do anything.

try vegetarian limit your dairy and eggs. your body will love it. i use to weigh 270 dropped down to 180 just by eating a all veg diet. juice for breakfast soy meals for lunch and dinner.
as far as my brain goes im young and know alot more than alot of people in my age group im also very good in politics to where i have older people saying i should go into it. diet does play a role in brain health but i must agree with what was said above its more about balance. stick to one thing too long and you become malnourished.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rickmac33

Soy huh,.
I suppose if you dont really like your testicles much then keep eating the soy.

www.healingdaily.com...
Soy is for women..
edit on 24-1-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

First of all I don't keep bringing up b12. I just brought it up. YOUR SOURCE states the ability to store it with the assumption that it is under a meat eater's diet. Yet as explained, further factors can deplete vitamin b stores. Additionally there's no way of knowing what you are storing unless you are tested. I'm entirely aware of kelp and nutritional yeast being an abundant source of b-12. Nutritional yeast is not natural and not every human lives near coastal waters, so unless people are eating dirt and unwashed veggies, animal products are then the most abundant and widely available source. Supplements aren't natural.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
Out of the hundreds of vegetarians I have met personally. Very few of them were healthy.

In fact, most of them were the fattest people I know.

Human beings are omnivores, the best diet for us is by observing what other omnivores such as bears are eating, which is everything in sight, that is our natural diet.

Moderation is the key to health.

Extremism will only lead to deficiency in the majority of people who try it.

Perhaps instead of denying the value of meat, we should be encouraging the practice of a balanced diet.
edit on 21-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

You're an idiot, and a liar. You do not know hundreds of vegetarians, especially fat ones, and I bet you don't know dick about a balanced diet. Just staying.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Whoever told you that eating meat makes your brain bigger is an idiot and so are you for believing that.

Dark green veggies are more nutrient dense than ANY meat especially in protein (amino acids), minerals, and vitamins and living enzymes which do not exist in meat at all especially after being cooked.

If ANY of you here want proof I suggest you try a vegetarian (Lacto-ovo) lifestyle for just one month and see how you feel. I did this 2 years ago and never went back to being an omnivore. I have more energy, I dropped to my natural weight at 180bs, my mental abilities are more sharp, and memory is improved. I also relieved my body of items which cause allergic reactions which meat contains MANY. Sleep is also improved.
This is especially true for type A blood-types.

I challenge YOU !!! Then lets discuss this topic again.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Careful all you veggie delight lovers out there, you need meat to be healthy and if you don't feed animal protein and calcium to your newborn you might wind up with a dead baby.....

Death by Veganism

Interesting thread though... Kind of like a smokers ~vs~ non-smokers thread.... lots of hate being thrown around simply because of differences in lifestyles. Have we become so intolerant that we now hate each other for what we do or do not eat?

*sigh*

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

I don't know where most of these posters are getting their information but most of it is completely off. Guys referencing his expert opinion because he knows other vegetarians etc... not a knowledge base by any means.

To respond to your point. YES, one MAY become calcium deficient if you are a vegan. However, veganism requires a lot of research to begin with. They quickly find all the caveats in their lifestyle.

You should also know that most (90%) of vegetarians including myself are Lacto-ovo. Which means we get our calcium from dairy like everyone else and lost of our protein as well.

As with any diet there are shortages which should be addressed via food variety, specific nutrient targeting, and lastly supplementation. I have found omnivores are deficient in more categories than vegetarians generally because they tend to eat too few veggies and fruit which is where most nutritional content lies. It is not a contest I'm just stating facts. Most of the population is nutrient deficient in multiple areas and that goes for veggi and omni alike.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

And how did Jane Goodall pay for it with her life? With her professional life? She seams to be doing fine from where I'm standing.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join