It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are naturally plant-eaters

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jed001
reply to post by Vandalour

sorry there is something magical about a bacon double cheeseburger

Yeah, doctors call it a heart attack.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

These type of people kill me. The same argument that it tastes good so nature must have intended that we eat it.Completely false statement.

There are many poisonous plants and fungi that smell great and taste great but will kill you nearly instantly because they are poisonous.

And your bacon double cheeseburger comment...good luck with your health when you are at the age of risk. I hope the medical system changes so healthy people like me don't have to pay the medical bills for ignorant people like you. Even if you are not a vegetarian, which is fine by me, that is not real food.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

reply to post by Vandalour

sorry there is something magical about a bacon double cheeseburger

Yeah, doctors call it a heart attack.

well the sooner i go the sooner all of you vegans can graze peacfully together

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit Warrior 11:11
reply to post by jed001

These type of people kill me. The same argument that it tastes good so nature must have intended that we eat it.Completely false statement.

There are many poisonous plants and fungi that smell great and taste great but will kill you nearly instantly because they are poisonous.

And your bacon double cheeseburger comment...good luck with your health when you are at the age of risk. I hope the medical system changes so healthy people like me don't have to pay the medical bills for ignorant people like you. Even if you are not a vegetarian, which is fine by me, that is not real food.

you sound like a self hating carnivore, come on , come on; come out of the closet and bring that burger with you

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I also have to point out a little fact that changes the "Taste" argument.

If you were to switch to vegetarian, hypothetically, even unwillingly for a few months, you would not like the taste of meat anymore. You have become conditioned to like it. Like giving coffee or beer to a child...they always hate the taste because you have to condition yourself to like it.

I can pretty much guarantee these results. The only difference is that fresh organic meat in small doses would be tolerable. Stay away from meat for a bit and let your body DETOX, then try and eat meat again. Your body will throw a fit. You will have digestion problems, it will actually taste horrible not just bad, and then allergic reactions will occur. This is more specific to red meats and chicken. Fish generally does not cause problems which is why there are types of vegetarians who eat seafood; sometimes once a week or less. There is no way you would enjoy a hot-dog or any processed 'meat' like bologna or any vat produced meat you would likely see in any given sandwich.

You could tolerate the taste if it is completely masked in seasonings like BBQ or something like that, but your body would still have a rejection to it. You will likely still like bacon because it has a strong taste and tons of salt but especially bacon would give you near instant stomach cramps.

This scenario will NEVER be the case with veggies and fruit. If you were to, hypothetically, just eat meat and carbs etc and no veggies or fruit for a few months and then switch back to eating healthy portions of veggies and fruit....your body would then start to detox and fill with nutrients. There would be NO allergic reactions, NO digestive issues, and NO taste issues.

Now why do you think the body reacts this way to the above scenarios? And no, I am not making these up.

I challenge anyone here to put their arse one the line and walk the talk.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

you sound like a self hating carnivore, come on , come on; come out of the closet and bring that burger with you

Whatever you say. I don't play games with health so go bug someone else. I have done the research and walk the talk.

By the way be sure to tell everyone the name of the doctor who issues you a handicap parking pass not because you are injured but because you are too much of a fat-body to walk to the door without crying. We all need more of those people around don't you think?

Harsh? Yeah. But as I said I don't play around with health issues. Be a carnivore I really think that is fine for some people, but it's definately not the healthiest choice without doing it correctly.
edit on 26-1-2011 by Spirit Warrior 11:11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

Education is everything when running the road of extremist diet , but there are other forms of deficiency other then just carrying weight, Newly vegetarians should get blood tests to confirm what supplements they require as I can assure you none of them are extracting full nourishment from their food, at least right away.

The average human being cannot survive properly on vegetables alone unless gradually exposed to a 4 season diet of veggies. Basically when the SHTF and all your veggies stop coming in on the trucks, you will be between a rock and a hard place trying to eat seasonal local vegetables and nothing else.

Balanced is the only true healthy diet for a real world situation

whats your problem with vegetarians mate? i dont normally wade into these debates unless someone is being a total jackass. im a vegetarian, im not unhealthy, i dont take suppliments (except whey powder wich is more of a food than a suppliment, and only for weight lifting otherwise wouldnt touch it,. meat eaters use it too) you are spouting way too much bs to be taken seriously. cite scources before you claim things as fact.

vegetarianism isnt an extreme diet. much less extreme than say eating only meat. its no different than cutting out something you dont like. some people cant stand fish(me included, when wasnt vegetarian) so dont eat it
edit on 26-1-2011 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior 11:11

If you have health insurance you pay for out of your own pocket, be sure to get a healthy vegetarian discount!

(I guess I'm just assuming you are vegetarian)

The discounts range from 20-30%

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I too, am a vegetarian that doesn't take vitamins / supplements / etc because I DON'T NEED THEM!

I get all the vitamins and nutrients I need eating a well balanced vegetarian diet.

People too often see some 14 y/o kid stop eating meat cold turkey attempting to pose as a vegetarian become unhealthy because they are doing it completely wrong, and then associate all vegetarians as being unhealthy.

Thats simply not fair.

If I classified all meat eaters as 350 pound diseased slobs unable to leave the computer desk without a hoverround it would obviously be incorrect...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I thing one of the main problems is these yahoos keep referencing Veganism which IS an extreme but it's a small population. It's like us referencing people who only eat McDonald's every meal. They are trying to win some sort of perceived argument and must use extreme behavior as their control group to achieve their goals. Just look back through the posts and see the actually unbelievable number of vegan references. Ignorance. Funny that the motto here at ATS is denying it...
More like propagating it in many cases.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by locster
Not this again. Gorillas and hippo's eat meat. Humans were designed to eat almost everything they could get their hands on. So no, not naturally plant eaters only.

Ahem , there is no evidence that humans were designed let alone to act in a given manner.

No doubt we have evolved to make the most of what was/is available, whether or not our bodies will adapt to Macdonalds is another matter though obesity related deaths would appear to be a fair indicator.

We can certainly get away without eating meat if we are sensible and make sure we consume what we lose from meat in another way.

link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

If you have health insurance you pay for out of your own pocket, be sure to get a healthy vegetarian discount!

(I guess I'm just assuming you are vegetarian)

The discounts range from 20-30%

Holy @#%^ is that serious? That is unbelievable if it is. Insurance discounts safety things like antilock-breaks, alarms, non-smokers etc... Interesting they see such value in the healthy lifestyle of a vegetarian.

Makes me want to physically force some of these posters to watch documentaries like "Super-size Me" and others illustrating the true means by which their meat gets to their table.

link   

Whatever you say. I don't play games with health so go bug someone else. I have done the research and walk the talk.

By the way be sure to tell everyone the name of the doctor who issues you a handicap parking pass not because you are injured but because you are too much of a fat-body to walk to the door without crying. We all need more of those people around don't you think?

Harsh? Yeah. But as I said I don't play around with health issues. Be a carnivore I really think that is fine for some people, but it's definately not the healthiest choice without doing it correctly.

wow, you are just a vicious person, i thought vegan were suppose to be passive. I'm glad you don't eat red meat, just think how much more agressive you would be. Oh, and i am a very health person; i like a bacon cheeseburger every now and then; not every day. I bet you can tell me the last day you ate meat

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Funny but I get something similar all the time. As an athlete and a vegetarian people are amazed when the find out I'm a vegge... "Holy crap your a vegetarian!? But your ripped! I though vegge's were thin and weak and had no energy!"

Where do they get these concepts from? Was there an omnivore meeting we missed somewhere ?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

Ha ha. Not vicious. I told you I don't play around with health when people are doling out terrible misinformation. Not you specifically but throughout the thread. YOU just happen to have made the last moronic statement.

I truly apologize for any offense. However, you are not necessarily adding to the thread in any way. Just trolling?

You did point out that red meat makes you more aggressive. This is true but likely due to the steroids in the meat.
The last part of my screenname is warrior for a reason. It's a true-ism.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Holy @#%^ is that serious? That is unbelievable if it is. Insurance discounts safety things like antilock-breaks, alarms, non-smokers etc... Interesting they see such value in the healthy lifestyle of a vegetarian.

Very serious. They have spent big dollars researching vegi diets and it's conclusive we live longer and have fewer diseases including cancer.

I bet you can tell me the last day you ate meat

I can, Oct. 22nd, 2003
The only reason I remember is because it was close to my birthday.

Funny but I get something similar all the time. As an athlete and a vegetarian people are amazed when the find out I'm a vegge... "Holy crap your a vegetarian!? But your ripped! I though vegge's were thin and weak and had no energy!"

Yeah, I'm always told you gotta eat meat to maintain a good body structure, etc etc. I work out about 2 times a month (usually only when I can't sleep so I get worn out) and I can maintain a good muscle mass and body shape.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

reply to post by jed001

Ha ha. Not vicious. I told you I don't play around with health when people are doling out terrible misinformation. Not you specifically but throughout the thread. YOU just happen to have made the last moronic statement.

I truly apologize for any offense. However, you are not necessarily adding to the thread in any way. Just trolling?

You did point out that red meat makes you more aggressive. This is true but likely due to the steroids in the meat.
The last part of my screenname is warrior for a reason. It's a true-ism.

you offend me with one comment then apologize for it. think first so you don't have to apololgize. you are not really adding anything to this thread just your personal opinion. why do you care what i eat, i eat plenty of veggies to. so there may be hope for me yet
. graze on warrior graze on

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Don't you think that if there was no civilization for you to rely on, and you had to forage for food in the wild, that you would eat some form of meat at some point? I don't think it would be possible to just live on plants alone in the wild.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

I can say for a fact that I would be just fine. However I would have to give credit to my military survival training. I would not necessarily have to eat meat then either. I actually believe those around me would be happy as clams to follow me and find out what edible items are all around us. I would definitely eat fish as much as possible though because of the high protein and especially the fat content. Bugs would be on the list as well.

I think a veg-head would out-survive a regular meat-head. Meat is much MUCH harder to acquire in a SHTF scenario. Unless we bring firearms etc into the mix. Then you still have problems when you have no more ammunition.

Best bet would be to find a good fisherman though truly.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

I would love to see any documentation of the research they did to come to those conclusions. Not because I disagree, but because I would find it interesting the testing and/or research they used. Insurance companies are in the business to make money first and foremost and I assume they did not make those policy changes 'lightly'.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join