It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 cows found dead in a field

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
The GLP map goes back to 2005 as a start date, but rapidly comes up to date....
The frquency is definately increasing in the reportage if not the deaths...
The unusual deaths of a herd of 200 cows is most distressing.
These are hopefully down due to a local feed contamination, but something viral could do it too, just not overnight IMHO......
Details etails, were there any live ones left standing?
What kind of weather?
how old were the animals? theres a million pertinent questions to answer before we could even speculate......

My apologies, i just looked back on it and the little blighters have been adding deaths prior to 2010 as well as new ones

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

hi. if it wasn't the fireworks that killed them, it could of been the birds.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I'll put this one down to neglect on the farmers part.

you sound like those types who put innocent people in prison for things like "neglect"

that word is just used to punish someone for human error.

when a person commits human error they are slapped with one of these phrases and charged for it. it will always happen because we are humans not robots and we arent programmed to be perfect.

it said the farmer was consulting a VET...where is the neglect?? his cows were sick so he goes to a vet? pretty much all he can do he cant magically heal them and that description of the desease did say that death can occurr within 48 hours of symptoms...not a lot of time if you dont spot the symptons quick enough.

i dont know if this virus story is true but if it is you cant blame anybody...speccially not the farmer.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
This is the red flag warning right here:

Portage County authorities say there is no threat to humans or other animals.

You know there lying when the government says this!!!

so...lets just say hypothetically...just for kicks...that it actually wasnt harmful to us...what would you expect them to say?

you know the first thing people say in animal virus events is "can we catch it".

im sure they were just beating us to the punch...im not sure you can judge their validity based on that sentance.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
in my opinion, i wonder who made the virus. plum island island research center must be jealous. it's one thing for a mutilated mutant to wash up on shore but 200 cows in one night? this must really put a stick in their craw

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

you sound like those types who put innocent people in prison for things like "neglect"

that word is just used to punish someone for human error.

when a person commits human error they are slapped with one of these phrases and charged for it. it will always happen because we are humans not robots and we arent programmed to be perfect.

Mmm neglect, thanks for making baseless claims, I can do that too, you sound like those types that would run over someones pet and keep driving, fun isn't it?

Anyway, you would think that someone who is a possessional ie a farmer, would be immunizing for this virus, because when managed correctly it typically doesn't kill and there is a vast knowledge of the management of this virus:

www.bvdinfo.org...

But it's ok, it's just human error...

I guess this is just human error too and the guy should get off scott free:

Brooklyn, Conn. — State officials Friday euthanized 2,551 chickens and two ducks seized from a Brooklyn farm operated by a Massachusetts man who was arrested twice in the last three years on similar animal cruelty charges. Officials from Connecticut and Massachusetts painted a picture of the “abysmal” conditions the animals suffered under the care of Tang Quan “Jason” Lin at 106 Tripp Hollow Road. “Size-wise, just the scale of this neglect is something I haven’t seen in my 25 years in this department,” said Wayne Kasacek, assistant director of the state Department of Agriculture’s bureau of regulation and inspection.

For officials at the Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, the raid was just the most recent page in Lin’s sordid history with animals. Brian Adams, a spokesman with the Boston-based group, said the organization led the way for Lin to be charged with 10 counts of animal cruelty in late 2007 and for 719 chickens and 303 ducks to be taken from a farm he was operating in Mendon, Mass. “There were about 100 dead animals on the property that were mashed into the ground and animals were standing on top of their bodies,” Adams said. “And from what it sounds like, it may have happened again.”

www.norwichbulletin.com...

it said the farmer was consulting a VET...where is the neglect?? his cows were sick so he goes to a vet? pretty much all he can do he cant magically heal them and that description of the desease did say that death can occurr within 48 hours of symptoms...not a lot of time if you dont spot the symptons quick enough.

We don't know how long he's been working with the vet, the vet could have been called after the cattle died or well in advance, fact still remains, if it is BVD then the question needs to be asked as to why there was no immunization.

i dont know if this virus story is true but if it is you cant blame anybody...speccially not the farmer.

Whose fault is it then?

Spin it any way you like, they were under his care.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
What kind of feeling do you get of these comments below. They are posted on ATS. Something aint right about these comments..

I proudly report that the experiment with the cows,is condacted succesfully.Those who found in a weak state were returned to their owner,unfortunatelly dead.
The rest of the herd will be kept for the welcoming party,for those who want to try more traditional earth dishes.

The local agent spread the rumor that they died of a virus.
Noone seems to suspect us,

End of report.

RESPOSE:

Well done! It seems we are going to be on time for the next batch of fish testing then. the array of soul sacrifice is nearly 50% completion.

Incidently, Our cell phone networking has lost 8% signal..did something happen to Verizon? How are we supposed to create a proper beacon if people are having bad service..they may stop texting and weaken the exo-network antenna

(Thread number 639669)

The next comment goes about successful fish testing??

The fish testing started last night.No time to lose.We'll have the results later this week.I'll let you know.

As for the cell signal.If not available at the time of the transmissions,the message will be automatically redirected to any electronic device at hand(tv,mp3s,ipods etc).
Believe me humans will never stop texting or using their tvs,even if their lives depended on this.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Here is an interesting article out of Vietnam reporting over 7,000 buffaloes and cows dead from freezing temps.
Whether they did freeze to death or not, that is a lot of animals to lose. I don't know enough about Vietnam to understand how this might affect their food supply.

www.saigon-gpdaily.com.vn...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It just so happens that I've recently been reading up on mass livestock overnight die offs. A common and seemingly logical explaination I've come across is this:

Herds can get infected by some virus, infection or disease and a side effect of these conditions can be that they lower the body's tolerance to cold temperatures. Then a sickness that is not lethal in itself can become lethal overnight when temperatures plummet. I'd imagine it's pretty cold this time of year in that area.

This explanation makes sense to me because I can see that if I was ill and decided to sleep outside in mid winter I'd be much more likely to get hypothermia than if I was 100% fit.
edit on 16-1-2011 by spookfish because: Typo

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Originally posted by Dumbass
reply to post by Chadwickus

I have to agree on that, Not one article states that 200 cows dropped overnight and none of the articles states if it was 200 cows of a herd of 200.000 or 200 cows of a herd of 200 cows.

Just as always too little info

What difference does it make how large the herd is? This isn't a control group.
Also, do you think 10 or 20 a day died and nobody noticed until the pile reached the top of the fence? Of course it was all at once.
You people have got to stop trying to convince yourself all is well, IT IS NOT.

I'm not trying to convince anyone that all is well or not, I just read the article and see that there is too little info to have some well argumented conclusion. If you can conclude from that info given that all is well, well it is crap, just as concluding from that info that something is out of the ordinary wrong, it is the same crap looked at from the other side.

Finally "the box" again I'm part of "you people".

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
lol virus...give me a break seriously, something is really going wrong here.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Someone is just mucking with your head. Those must be gag posts.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

ha ha...funny.

Cows can barely swing their tales between their legs. They were meant for eating.

But seriously, we might have some kind of new, weird form of terrorism on our hands here.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DomCheetham

Originally posted by sLiCk93
it seems like little by little these die offs are moving up the chain. how long till we see people dying off?

I hope thats sarcasm...

I don't think it was sarcasm, and I don't think it is veryI far-fetched. It seems like only a matter of time before we hear about something like this with humans. It has happened before. A year or two ago it happened in China where a large group of migrant workers all died from a mysterious illness. If this is HAARP (doubtful) or a mysterious virus, or a climate issue, or a magnetic issue, then it is only a matter of time before it affects humans.

Frogs and Crabs--->Fish and Birds----->Large Mammals-------->What do you think is next?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Wow, two humdred cows...huh?

Well with all those birds falling from the sky dead recently, one would wonder if there is a relationship, wouldn't one? Could it be that they were birds and transformed into cows by the time they hit the Earth?

Just wondering...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I find it interesting there has been no follow up to what did happen to these cows......perhaps the ptb wish for this story to end right here.

The speculation that they dropped dead overnight is just as valid as your opinion they did not.

The fact of the matter is the police were called because 200 cows were found dead, not 10 or 20 or 30, but 200.
edit on 16-1-2011 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Cows die...it happens.

If some of you aren't going to accept the story reported, then there is no logical reasons why you should believe some other specific alternate theory.

Also...there is zero link between these cow deaths and any other of the REPORTED animal deaths. I put REPORTED in caps because animal die offs happen all the time...but now that the media and you guys are AWARE of them...now you feel like they are more and more happening. Which there is no proof of.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

I must admit, I am not a vegan either, but if I was dropped of in the wilderness of say Alaska would be my true manly test.

what would Cosmic Artifact do ?

I am not into hunting and actually bitterly opposed to it, so I might just become a fisherman...

thing is I hate fish man !

oh what to do

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

200 cows died overnight from a virus!

A thread with a false statement, this is just silly.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

It just so happens that I've recently been reading up on mass livestock overnight die offs. A common and seemingly logical explaination I've come across is this:

Herds can get infected by some virus, infection or disease and a side effect of these conditions can be that they lower the body's tolerance to cold temperatures. Then a sickness that is not lethal in itself can become lethal overnight when temperatures plummet.

Congradulations, that is the best explanation I have seen.

I STILL do not understand why quarantine was not instituted until the results of the Necropsy were reported.

Portage Co. veterinarians believe 200 cows dead after contracting virus
TOWN OF STOCKTON (WAOW)--Veterinary officials believe around 200 cows died in Portage County after contracting a virus.

According to a press release from the Portage County Sheriff's Department, veterinarians believe the cows contracted IBR/BVD (Infectious bovine rhinotracheitis/bovine viral diarrhea) virus.

Officials say there is no risk to humans or other animals.

Veterinarians are sending samples to Madison to confirm the diagnosis.

"Veterinary officials" is the code word for Vets who work for the state and federal government.

This (see bottom) is what I would have expected out of the Veterinary officials. It is absolute NEGLIGENCE on the part of the "Official Veterinarians" not to at least set up quarantine around the area until confirmation of the cause of death.

For example FMD is so contagious that a human can carry the disease in their lungs for 48 hours and infect healthy animals!

That the "Official Veterinarians" did not set up quarantine is the real mystery!

What is DEPOPULATION?

KILL FIRST, ASK QUESTIONS LATER

THE WORLD WITNESSED IT WHEN IT HAPPENED IN THE UNITED KINGDOM'S FOOT AND MOUTH OUTBREAK. MILLIONS OF HEALTHY ANIMALS DESTROYED FOR A FEW HUNDRED THAT TESTED POSITIVE. A VACCINE EXISTS FOR THIS DISEASE...A DISEASE THAT RARELY CAUSES DEATH IN THE ANIMAL AND IT DOESN'T AFFECT HUMANS AT ALL.

LEARN WHAT IS MEANT BY THE TERMS "DEPOPULATE" AND "STAMP OUT".

www.gao.gov...

page 31:

"Should USDA officially confirm the presence of a disease, such as Foot and Mouth Disease, the affected herd and all cattle, sheep, goats, swine, and susceptible wildlife—infected or not— within a minimum 10-kilometer zone around the infected farm would be killed."

Stamping out is a recognized and proven strategy for rapid elimination of an introduced exotic disease or other emergency livestock disease. The crucial elements of stamping out are:

* designation of infected zones;
* intensive disease surveillance to identify infected premises and dangerous-contact premises or villages within these zones;
* imposition of quarantine and livestock movement restrictions;
* immediate slaughter of all susceptible animals either on the infected and dangerous-contact premises or in the whole infected area;
* safe disposal of their carcasses and other potentially infected materials;
* disinfection and cleaning of infected premises;
* maintaining these premises depopulated of susceptible animals for a suitable period.

Stamping out is often the most cost-effective strategy. The disease eradication campaign is shorter and achieved for a lower overall cost and there is a shorter waiting period before the country can be recognized as free of the disease and resume export of livestock and animal products....

THAT is what is supposed to be the OFFICIAL response to a contagious livestock disease!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join