It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 cows found dead in a field

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
200 Cows dead!.....this is a big story!..........but!

How big was the herd?....was 200 the whole herd, or a part of it?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
There must have been a loud bang and in the panic, they all collided themselves to death.

Who knows?

Someone was playing Slayer really loud in their car system while driving by starting a huge mosh pit of cattle turning lethal. Whats not to understand this is a normal occurrence people, move along nothing to see here.

edit on 15-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Why does that matter ?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mentalistbee

Lol You never know with the fireworks these days

, for every firework mortar I launch, a birdy looses its wings! Muhahaha... j/k
Next, the weather will be blamed for the fireworks!!
edit on 1/15/2011 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
What the cows died of, is a highly infectious virus which is spread in their snot, and feces and just about anything they contact with their noses.
The emergency quarantine preseedures may be moot as it is said they were kept in a separatye herd in a small area.
Presumably disinfection and disposal will be up to standards...It is civilized in wisconsin ya know...
I dont think a huge outbreak is on the way, except that unusually cold weather may be a factor in other herds susceptability to similar bronchial infections.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Seem's to me if the cows died over 2-3 days or 1 week why would they be in one place when they died. They roam around. I was raised on a farm my whole life and cows roam day and night. If this was in Wisconcin I doubt if the ranches there are so big That the farmer hadn't been paying attention to his herd for very long. It's not like out west where the ranches cover hundreds or thousands of sq. miles. I don't know whats going on.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rancher1
reply to post by Argyll

Why does that matter ?

Because if 200 cows died in a herd of ....say 5000......then why weren't the rest of the herd affected?

That would be relevant ....yes?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I think its true that if poeple start a thread on the most mundane news at ATS then there is some huge conspiracy, but this is not. I mean how. i suppose this ties in with the animals dieing and the world falling apart but for my sanity this is just rubbish news.

(In Obi One Konobi's voice)

These are not the droids we looking for, move along!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Ya Bro it does. But if you had 5000 cows you would need to feed 5000 of bales a day at 6 dollars a bail.. See what I mean. 200 cows is a big heard to take care of.. You know how much land you would need to support 5000 cows ?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DomCheetham

Man if you don't think 200 dead cows is news, Like oh ya it happens all the time. LOL.. We know its not aliens but believe me it sucks for the owner 200 grand, Ooch. I bet it means a lot to his whole family... I mean who can handle that type of loss.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The ETs did it...

as terrible as a rancher as I might make... even I couldnt kill off 200 head of cattle in a night ...
in prolly realistically in something like 8 hours...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I phoned up Michio Kaku and he confirmed that the cows committed suicide.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

Cows have died before so millions of them dying would not be strange using your logic, millions of them dying at the same second would be strange either, right? Birds die, fish die, cows die, volcanoes go off and ALL AT THE SAME TIME. That is the strange part, not the fact that a cow died.

I will make the same bet here that I have before. Everything that is occurring is normal, right? Then there is no reason to believe that things are going to get stranger. Tell me you believe that nothing uniquely weird will happen in the next two weeks and if it does you will rethink your position. What we are seeing is all of the outliers (things occur that are not within the formulas) occurring at the same time. That is not explainable by science without showing how these events are connected and that means there is a plan. The next question is then whose plan is it? The choices come down to man or God.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DomCheetham

Cows die!

Yes Cows do die. However you do not get 200 cows on the same farm dying overnight. Cows are a heck of a lot harder to kill off than horses, sheep or goats.

As has been said if it was an illness a 10 Kilometer radius around that farm would be quarantined and every living creature except the humans would be killed. The humans would not be allowed out of the area.

Thems the international OIE rules for dealing with major disease.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
It's a interesting story thats for sure.

But I have to nitpick here about something sorry.

I grew up in Texas so I can't help it.

The Plural form of "Cow" is "Cattle".
Use it.
"Cows" is a bad bad word. It makes us sad.

Thanks.

I nearly blew wine out of my nose on that one!!!! For real!! Ok, people, and fellow skeptics, overthinkers, and the likes - this is really not all that uncommon. It does happen. Herds of cattle can die off from red nose, fever, and a host of other sickness'. This story is peaking interest because of the other recent birds dying and the fish kills. Seriously though, let's think rationally and not fear monger! Lest we all find ourselves in straight jackets..

My source is my husband and his sister who have been raising Santa Gertrudis cattle since 1992.
edit on 15-1-2011 by christine76 because: spelling error - oh no!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jwil0587

The animal die-offs could be what causes the famines to begin. Since all these species are part of the food chain, the die-offs will affect other species along the chain over time. If it goes on long enough, it would have to have an effect.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

“There is no faithfulness, no love,
no acknowledgment of God in the land.
2 There is only cursing,[a] lying and murder,
stealing and adultery;
they break all bounds,
and bloodshed follows bloodshed.
3 Because of this the land dries up,
and all who live in it waste away;
the beasts of the field, the birds in the sky
and the fish in the sea are swept away. "

I've been saying it, and I'll continue to say it - Biblical prophecy is coming true. We need to really take a good look at ourselves, and make yourself right with whoever is up there....even if it is Just in Case.

- zee

link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Although not the same in every individual infected, these are not humans. They are cows. A virus will not act that differently. And yes, it is possible to be killed over night by a virus en mass.

link   
reply to post by rancher1

Ya Bro it does. But if you had 5000 cows you would need to feed 5000 of bales a day at 6 dollars a bail.. See what I mean. 200 cows is a big heard to take care of.. You know how much land you would need to support 5000 cows ?

In a fertile area like Wisconsin you can probably figure 5 ac per cow so that is 1000 ac min for the farm. The average size of an American farm is around 400 ac.

Oh I forgot to add the average size cow herd in the USA is 30 cow/calf pairs. (2002 USDA Ag Census is where all this info is from)

Given land prices in the midwest, this is probably the guys entire herd. or his herd minus yearlings and breeding bull. We are talking about $200,000 bucks or more on the hoof depending on the breeding.
edit on 15-1-2011 by crimvelvet because: added sentence

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
its known as SDS = sudden death syndrome....or DRT= dead right there

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join