It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 cows found dead in a field

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+60 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
And they say it's a virus who killed them... yeah... 200 cows died overnight from a virus! SURE!

200 Dead Cows Found in Portage County Field

An investigation is underway after 200 dead cows were found in a field at 8055 4th Avenue in the Town of Stockton.

According to the Portage County Sheriff's Department, the owner of the cattle has been working with a local vet and it's believed the animals died from the IBR/BVD virus. The virus can cause respitory and reproductive problems.

Yeah the virus killed them all overnight... which is impossible... because a virus doesn't act at the same speed in each cow...

Or maybe it's fireworks that gave them heart attacks... yeah that must be it!
edit on 15-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It is strange, but not uncommen, alot of farmers have had animals just die like that, although not in a number as big as that, but even so.

Lol You never know with the fireworks these days

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

Yes the fireworks! They kill everything lately!

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

With a user name like mine you'd think that I'd be well informed on this topic!

My first thought is that, since the mentioned virus doesn't seem to match the criteria for a mass and quick die off, there must be another explanation - such as tainted feed.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Honestly it is a little strange though all these animals of all different kinds, all dying at once in isolated locations, more, and more everyday. Yet the MSM is all over gifford's! interesting?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Virus which is killing 200 within a night at one place. Sure. Who the hell is creating these lame explanations?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
It sounds like a pyramid scam

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
There must have been a loud bang and in the panic, they all collided themselves to death.

Who knows?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Disease Description
IBR, BVD, and BRSV viruses are commonly associated with respiratory disease and/or reproductive failure in cattle. IBR virus infection is characterized by high temperature, excessive nasal discharge, conjunctivitis and ocular discharge, inflamed nose (“red nose”), increased rate of respiration, coughing, loss of appetite, and depression. Cattle infected during pregnancy may abort.
BVD virus may be transmitted in nasal secretions, saliva, blood, feces, and/or urine, and by direct contact with contaminated objects; it invades through the nose and mouth and replicates systemically. Infection during pregnancy may result in abortion, fetal resorption, or congenital malformation of the fetus. Moreover, if susceptible cows are infected with noncytopathic BVD virus during the first trimester of pregnancy, their calves may be born persistently infected with the virus. Exposure of those calves to certain virulent cytopathic BVD virus strains may precipitate BVD-mucosal disease. Both BVD Types 1 and 2 can show a variety of clinical signs. The signs may be mild and not readily apparent. Clinical signs may include severe immune suppression, diarrhea, anorexia, depression, fever and respiratory disease. If infected with some Type 2 strains of BVD, severe thrombocytopenia may occur and hemorrhaging may be seen.

BRSV is the etiologic agent of a specific viral respiratory disease of cattle of all ages, including nursing calves. Infection is characterized by rapid breathing, coughing, loss of appetite, discharge from the nose and eyes, fever, and swelling around the throat and neck. In an acute outbreak, deaths may follow within 48 hours after onset of signs. Clinically, BRSV infection may be indistinguishable from other viral infections associated with the bovine respiratory disease complex. BRSV infection facilitates invasion and replication of other respiratory pathogens. Exacerbation of clinical signs has been documented when concurrent BRSV and BVD or IBR infection exists.

From
www.drugs.com...

It seems to me that while there is a vaccine for this, even a dullard could see signs or symptoms early on.
Hmmmmm

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Well that's kind of a weird story.....

I mean, don't they usually have to do all kinds of things with the samples in a lab before they can conclude that a virus was the culprit. And if so, the entire area would probably be under lock down and remaining cattle being destroyed preemptively?? How about neighboring farms?? That whole area is probably in a state of panic, right??

Maybe the current temperature over there has something to do with it?? When temperatures hit 10F over here we tend to keep our cattle inside.....

Peace

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
this so funny this is denial from msn and scientist
it is clear that we are currently experiencing something beyond ourselves but everyone does not see it ... then continue to pretend ...
hoping that it will not be too painful when it's our turn

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Im in manchester and couldnt sleep lastnight as the birds behind my house were going nuts over something.was around 3-4am,i woke up with a huge head ache too.

hope it was nothing.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Not good, not good at all... and to be honest I like the improbable lame explanations since at least they are easier to track..

imagine how difficult it would be to track these events if those in the know put some effort into hiding these events behind some logical explanations.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
No where have I seen it implied that they all dropped over night, supposition much?

Anyway, this virus has obvious symptoms which is why I guess they believe it to be IBR/BVD.

It is actually quite manageable too

I'll put this one down to neglect on the farmers part.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Though death may occur at or about 48 hours after first signs apear, it is highly doubtfuil all the 200 cattle would die overnight.
I would love to hear any vetrinarians take on the information presented if any are here on the forum.
Even medical doctor or other health care professional.
This is definately a step up in the mutiple deaths scenario.
There must be some kind of response by the agri community that is aparent if true.Surely this is highly contageous by the sound of it.
Anyone close to the area heard anything on this atall?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfulland to be honest I like the improbable lame explanations since at least they are easier to track..

imagine how difficult it would be to track these events if those in the know put some effort into hiding these events behind some logical explanations.

True. Also these lame explanations are also indicating, even lead scientists doesn't have a clue what is going on around us. Maybe these lame explanations are meant to be a hint for us. Conspiracy theorists, like we're, used to be work on a different way then scientists. Scientists are following material pattern, while we're rather using logic and following our instincts to connect the dots (One side works when the other fails and vica versa.). These lame explanations sounds, we don't know what is going on, but we also can't tell about it. Maybe you guys can help.
edit on 15-1-2011 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Seems I might be correct.

STOCKTON -- The Portage County Humane Society is trying to figure out what caused 200 cows in the town of Stockton to perish.

Deputies were dispatched to the town just after 1 p.m. on Friday after they were notified of numerous dead cows lying in a field in the 8000 block of Fourth Avenue, according to a Portage County Sheriff's Department news release.

The owner of the cattle reportedly told deputies that he had been working with a local veterinarian and suspected that the animals died from either infectious bovine rhinotracheitis, or IBR, or bovine virus diarrhea, or BVD, the Sheriff's Department said.

According to Cattletoday.info, IBR, aka red nose, is an acute, contagious virus of cattle that usually occurs in the air passages of the cow's head or its windpipe.

Link

The Portage County Humane Society are involved.

No conspiracy here apart from a reckless farmer letting his cows die.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This is the red flag warning right here:

Portage County authorities say there is no threat to humans or other animals.

You know there lying when the government says this!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

Some of the lame explanations do seem strange, like the crabs dying off around here due to hypothermia, when the waters are still within seasonal averages and the crabs where in one of the warmer portions of their habitat.

At the moment I feel that either they want us conspiracy theorists spending our time distracted on this problem (playing to 2012 hype) to mask something else or they have no idea what is going on, and no idea how to explain it away.. still IMHO there are too many variables to say for sure..

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
is that aeria volcanic ground?
best explaination would be bells of toxic gas cruising earth atmosfeer....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join