It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 cows found dead in a field

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlueAlien
It sounds like a pyramid scam

SSSSHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by christine76

Originally posted by muzzleflash
It's a interesting story thats for sure.

But I have to nitpick here about something sorry.

I grew up in Texas so I can't help it.

The Plural form of "Cow" is "Cattle".
Use it.
"Cows" is a bad bad word. It makes us sad.

Thanks.

I nearly blew wine out of my nose on that one!!!! For real!! Ok, people, and fellow skeptics, overthinkers, and the likes - this is really not all that uncommon. It does happen. Herds of cattle can die off from red nose, fever, and a host of other sickness'. This story is peaking interest because of the other recent birds dying and the fish kills. Seriously though, let's think rationally and not fear monger! Lest we all find ourselves in straight jackets..

My source is my husband and his sister who have been raising Santa Gertrudis cattle since 1992.
edit on 15-1-2011 by christine76 because: spelling error - oh no!!!

I think cows is ok.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by christine76

Herds of cattle can die off from red nose, fever, and a host of other sickness'.

All of them at once within 12 hours???

Yes you can have a herd die of an illness. Usually you have at least a few live. Also you do not go from healthy to dead over night unless someone fed the herd poison.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Komaratzi11

I don't know all the facts on this one--the OP it say's the local Sheriff stated the owner had been working with a veterinarian and the herd was already sick. The weird part is all of them dying on the same night. I live in ranch country, grew up in ranch country, have friends that own large ranchs and this IS NOT COMMON! I have owned livestock and have had sick animals--I can't imagine 200 dying on the same night, even if it's from the same disease. We may end up looking back at these events as the "canary in the coal mine"--but for now...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
maps.google.com...,-89.382051&spn=0.006011,0.016469&t=h&z=17
This doesn't look like too healthy of a place for cows. It looks like they overgrazed pretty bad on this plot of land.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Don't take that post to serious.. Its obvious he has never been around Cows...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Actually I would believe it, but not a virus created in nature.
A virus created in one the thousand government controlled labs that escaped.

A person can go from catching someones sneeze to a full blown flu in a matter of hours.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Well that's kind of a weird story.....

I mean, don't they usually have to do all kinds of things with the samples in a lab before they can conclude that a virus was the culprit. And if so, the entire area would probably be under lock down and remaining cattle being destroyed preemptively?? How about neighboring farms?? That whole area is probably in a state of panic, right??

Maybe the current temperature over there has something to do with it?? When temperatures hit 10F over here we tend to keep our cattle inside.....

Peace

The whole story is ridiculous. The virus in question is transmitted by contact, saliva and other bodily fluids so the area would DEFINITELY be under some kind of quarantine yet the news says there is no danger to humans or animals. Also if the cows had the virus and were under the care of a vet would the owner put them out to pasture in 10 degrees with advanced stage of virus, they would all have to be literally be hanging by a thread to die all at once like that. Do you realize how much money 200 cows are worth? I wouldn't put 200 stray cats out with that stacked against them.
PURE BS.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
it seems like little by little these die offs are moving up the chain. how long till we see people dying off?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sLiCk93
it seems like little by little these die offs are moving up the chain. how long till we see people dying off?

I hope thats sarcasm...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pitchdragon
this so funny this is denial from msn and scientist
it is clear that we are currently experiencing something beyond ourselves but everyone does not see it ... then continue to pretend ...
hoping that it will not be too painful when it's our turn

That's the worst part, the denial not just from the news but from everybody. I just want to shake them awake!
They just keep spouting the same nonsense, happens all the time, the internet is spreading this, it was a slow news day, etc....
Do they really believe this nonsense or are they just afraid?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Damn fireworks! whilst they might look nice when they're lighting up the night sky on the 4th of July, they're silently killing fish, birds, cows and all kinds of animals. Looks like some serious reforms are needed in the fireworks industry!

It's obvious this is another story relating to tainted feed, it'll take a few thousand more cow deaths before it's revealed though.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Seems I might be correct.

STOCKTON -- The Portage County Humane Society is trying to figure out what caused 200 cows in the town of Stockton to perish.

Deputies were dispatched to the town just after 1 p.m. on Friday after they were notified of numerous dead cows lying in a field in the 8000 block of Fourth Avenue, according to a Portage County Sheriff's Department news release.

The owner of the cattle reportedly told deputies that he had been working with a local veterinarian and suspected that the animals died from either infectious bovine rhinotracheitis, or IBR, or bovine virus diarrhea, or BVD, the Sheriff's Department said.

According to Cattletoday.info, IBR, aka red nose, is an acute, contagious virus of cattle that usually occurs in the air passages of the cow's head or its windpipe.

Link

The Portage County Humane Society are involved.

No conspiracy here apart from a reckless farmer letting his cows die.

First off, "reckless" farmers don't own 200 cows.
Second, the Humane Society involvement means absolutely nothing, they are experts at fund raising not bovine viruses.
Third, read between the lines, the cops were dispatched about hundreds of cows in a field, someone driving by probably not the owner. There is no interview with or quotes by the owner, just vague reference to a virus and a vet.
Why is there a link to a news story with playback on the newscast but no in person interview of the farmer or the vet? That last point requires special consideration.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well the cause of the death of the 200 cows could be:

A) Virus

B) Inter-Galactic/Inter-dimensional alien race hell-bent on experimentation with Earth cows, sex with humans, and a hobby of creating crop circles.

or,

C) Government tests controlled depopulation virus on cows.

All of these explanations are equally ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass
reply to post by Chadwickus

I have to agree on that, Not one article states that 200 cows dropped overnight and none of the articles states if it was 200 cows of a herd of 200.000 or 200 cows of a herd of 200 cows.

Just as always too little info

What difference does it make how large the herd is? This isn't a control group.
Also, do you think 10 or 20 a day died and nobody noticed until the pile reached the top of the fence? Of course it was all at once.
You people have got to stop trying to convince yourself all is well, IT IS NOT.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhorse

Originally posted by beezzer

From
www.drugs.com...

It seems to me that while there is a vaccine for this, even a dullard could see signs or symptoms early on.
Hmmmmm

Well maybe. Many cattle are kept on huge acreages and many may not see a human being for days or weeks in the winter, depending upon conditions. It is possible that symptoms could missed. Somewhat irresponsible animal husbandry but possible. This is the time of year when many ranchers bring their herds in for calving, so they may have simply gone to fetch the animals and found them dead.

Having said all of that, an entire large herd of 200 animals dropping seems a bit odd; we shall see if incident begins to repeat itself somewhere else with large herbivores (frankly live or domesticated).

Hmmmmm indeed.

Not this time Ace, here is a sat link to the farm.......
www.mapquest.com...|10782|map%20quest||S|b|3683700416
Looks like a pasture and crop land, certainly not large enough to misplace 200 cows for long.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Did the cows have wings?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hosea 4:3 "Because of this the land mourns, and all who live in it waste away; the beasts of the field and the birds of the air and the fish of the sea are dying."

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Ok Ok Okay i gave i was in the area and i needed to test my new skills and thought the cows would work fine, Not to worry i only got a couple scraps. sorry if i scared anyone

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Watch this and you know all!! www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join