It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 cows found dead in a field

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hmmm for these animals to all die overnight from a 'common' and known factor... really doesn't make sense to me. I've been around animals my whole life and have never known them to drop dead in mass numbers.

I wish they would give a more concrete answer to all these deaths. People are smart. We aren't 'sheep' anymore. We could handle and think outside the box. Wish they would man up!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I agree with a lot of the replies from previous posts. This just seems like it must have been some kind of bacterial contamination in the food or water supply. Bacteria can kill a lot kicker than most viruses, and viruses do tend to display more symptoms for longer periods before death.

Honestly though, regardless of whether this was bacterial, viral, or an act of God, this is some pretty scary stuff. I think it's a really good example of how over-crowding can cause an infection to spread like wildfire. If the cattle weren't so crammed-in, the farmer may have been able to notice signs of infection sooner and taken action.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

i must have hit a nerve..

well uve taken some completely different stories and tried to use them in ur argument...theres too much of a difference between them and this cow case...which is in no way neglect
edit on 16-1-2011 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Watching "authorites" trying to spin a story that sticks is almost funny...'They' used to be better at it then this.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
OK... so if its not the virus then what killed the animals????

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by incontenant

Crickets, birds, fish, cow ... Deer... All effected by the magnetic field.... Just sayin...
Or IS there a such thing as a coincidence(s).

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I posted this earlier but am quoting it here in the hope that someone can debunk my explanation. That way I can go back to believing the gubbment did it.

It just so happens that I've recently been reading up on mass livestock overnight die offs. A common and seemingly logical explanation I've come across is this:

Herds can get infected by some virus, infection or disease and a side effect of these conditions can be that they lower the body's tolerance to cold temperatures. Then a sickness that is not lethal in itself can become lethal overnight when temperatures plummet. I'd imagine it's pretty cold this time of year in that area.

This explanation makes sense to me because I can see that if I was ill and decided to sleep outside in mid winter I'd be much more likely to get hypothermia than if I was 100% fit.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Vitchilo

With a user name like mine you'd think that I'd be well informed on this topic!

My first thought is that, since the mentioned virus doesn't seem to match the criteria for a mass and quick die off, there must be another explanation - such as tainted feed.

~Heff

(Tainted Feed)
Reminds me of ! Bitter Harvest Movie

Bitter Harvest (1981 film)
en.wikipedia.org...

The Michigan PBB contamination incident
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
First time poster. Hey. I am of the opinion that all of the major events in the World (die offs, epic floods, droughts, volcanic eruptions and earthquakes) are all related, by cause and effect. I think we are experiencing the 'tip of the iceberg' in relation to events that will occur in the very near future. In an attempt to control the population, and kill off as many people as possible, these events will become more widespread and more devastating. The only weapon that I know of that could produce all of these is the "SCALAR RAY". The Scalar weapon can crumble steel, create earthquakes, control weather patterns, and who knows what else. Reportedly there is such a weapon near Oklahoma City, OK.USA . Recent Seismic activity in the Oklahoma, Arkansas, and NEW MADRID region of Missouri seem to me that the weapon is being used to begin a series of events that will create a 8.0+ magnitude earthquake in the Central USA., bringing the people to their knees. (October 21-28,2011.) The new 2012. My opinion. Thanks

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
signs and wonders are appearing ,this could be a revelation www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kalithe
Hmmm for these animals to all die overnight from a 'common' and known factor... really doesn't make sense to me. I've been around animals my whole life and have never known them to drop dead in mass numbers.

I wish they would give a more concrete answer to all these deaths. People are smart. We aren't 'sheep' anymore. We could handle and think outside the box. Wish they would man up!

Individual people are smart when they look past the veil, the masses are stupid because they dont really care. TPTB know this. Your regular Mr and Mrs Jones will see the report on their beloved CNN or BBC and believe what they hear. CNN or BBC could say that they all died from Candy Apple consumption from kids feeding them and the people would believe it. The point here is that most ATS'ers are smart and can see past it...conveying that to the masses is whats important.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

But then again, you aint a cow with leather hyde keeping you warm. If you had a cold and you decided to sleep outside in an arctic sleeping bag then i'm pretty sure you wouldnt get hypothermia. The fact that these cows were in a field would suggest that it isnt really all that cold as cows are usually taken inside when the cold weather arrives. Well they are here in the UK anyways

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
humm, Maybe they ate some bad grass
However, this is really not that uncommon. Maybe it was that cold snap we had not to long ago.Hopefully tis does not become a trend.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallblondealien
First time poster. Hey. I am of the opinion that all of the major events in the World (die offs, epic floods, droughts, volcanic eruptions and earthquakes) are all related, by cause and effect. I think we are experiencing the 'tip of the iceberg' in relation to events that will occur in the very near future. In an attempt to control the population, and kill off as many people as possible, these events will become more widespread and more devastating. The only weapon that I know of that could produce all of these is the "SCALAR RAY". The Scalar weapon can crumble steel, create earthquakes, control weather patterns, and who knows what else. Reportedly there is such a weapon near Oklahoma City, OK.USA . Recent Seismic activity in the Oklahoma, Arkansas, and NEW MADRID region of Missouri seem to me that the weapon is being used to begin a series of events that will create a 8.0+ magnitude earthquake in the Central USA., bringing the people to their knees. (October 21-28,2011.) The new 2012. My opinion. Thanks

Interesting.. I haven't heard of this 'weapon', has this been officially announced? That such a weapon exists?
Really is weird all the # going on in this world..

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by moondoggy2
Fireworks, Mother nature, or HAARP. Those would be the 3 possibilities. Which one are you gonna put your money on?

Mother nature. Out of those three I would choose Mother Nature. Fireworks just seems silly to me... I mean, sure, maybe as a one time and very rare thing a flock of birds might fly into a fireworks show or something.... but other than that.... it's a bit of a stretch to say the least.

HAARP or any other government program.... I think that is a bit of a stretch as well. I mean, call me crazy, but if the government was testing some top secret weapon or ANYTHING on animals that is capable of killing, it seems to me that the US government would be more than capable of gathering as many of any kind of animal they want. Taking them to some secret location far from the public eye and testing these things with out us ever knowing...

It just seems a bit silly to suggest they would be doing such a thing right in front of everyone in such an obvious manner.... Unless it is some kind of... twisted bizzare psychological experimentation to see how people would react to animals dying in groups like this.... But... really... I can't imagine what they would want to know how people would react to such a thing.... so that is a stretch as well...

I think our best bet is mother nature, out of the choices you gave us. Freak things happen. Animals fly into storms and get caught and die for example.

There is also the possibility of man made issues. Such as pollution in the air and water etc.... but then again. Pollution is not anything new.... so if that were it... they would have been dropping like flies long ago....

I don't know... I just do not think the government is behind it.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallblondealien

But why would America bring itself to its knees?
Doncha think we'd start the devestation somewhere else on the globe in the furthest proximity to us?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ashwhy

Im in manchester and couldnt sleep lastnight as the birds behind my house were going nuts over something.was around 3-4am,i woke up with a huge head ache too.

hope it was nothing.

Manchester UK? I'm on the northeast edge of the US and I couldn't sleep more than 10 minutes at a time last night. I was exhausted and would go out for 10 minutes or so, then would wake up with a jolt. No booze or drugs involved, either. Weirdest night of my life.

Was there a full moon last night?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The funny fact with this whole situation is that despite the high number of other mass animal deaths in the recent period, this time 200 bovine died overnight due to, as the official statement goes, "a virus".
We are then told this "virus" is not harmful the either the local public or wildlife.
Surely it goes without saying that this could atleast effect other cow farmers livestock in the area, if not the general wildlife at most.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by spookfish

But then again, you aint a cow with leather hyde keeping you warm. If you had a cold and you decided to sleep outside in an arctic sleeping bag then i'm pretty sure you wouldnt get hypothermia. The fact that these cows were in a field would suggest that it isnt really all that cold as cows are usually taken inside when the cold weather arrives. Well they are here in the UK anyways

It was nice of you to make the effort and for that I thank you. However, go to the back of the class.

What makes you think I don't have a leather hide? The video of these cows show that they are of the friesian type, they most definitely do not have thick fur to keep them warm in the very low temperatures experienced locally. Also as you rightly say cows are often taken in doors in cold weather. However it's blatantly obvious that they were not taken inside because they were found dead in a field. That field was covered in snow as were many of the cows bodies. You should bother to check the temps before claiming it wasn't that cold. So it's safe to say it was easily cold enough for hypothermia given that they were already struggling with respiratory problems.

I also think your implication that someone unwell would not suffer more than someone 100% fit if they both slept outside in winter is simply retarded. Our UK education is better than that so I can't blame your schooling.

So I return to my first and still not debunked explanation. The respiratory conditions they were suffering from lowered their bodies ability to cope with severe cold so overnight when temperatures plummeted they died.
edit on 17-1-2011 by spookfish because: Typo

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I found this post by a member on a different forum.

So I decided to make a phone call...

...to the Portage County Humane Society in Wisconsin regarding the 200 dead cows. Curiosity got the better of me....after the dead fish and birds....could this incident also be related?

The lady I spoke with was very nice, but informed me that the Executive Director was "out sick" today, and that all questions should be forwarded to her.

I kept the gal I was speaking to on the phone long enough to get in a couple questions and bring up the dead fish and birds.

She said she thought that was why everyone is being tight lipped about this.
(the 200 dead cows). She alluded to it....did not outright say they were connected.

She would not answer any more of my questions, and told me they are working
with the sheriff and are preparing to make a statement soon.

So....for what it's worth....I could gleam from the conversation that they are
in consideration of the mysterious bird and fish die offs. I just wanted something
more than rumors. The leap from little critters to cows...is significant.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join