It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan girl raped, killed by US troops

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

Originally posted by thesouthsusin
People die and get raped all the time.. Who really cares just add this to one more to the bunch. All this anti-american propaganda is sick. I doubt this even happened

Who really cares? Well I care, I think every individual life is important.

I know this isn't the greatest source, but I would not be surprised at all if it's true. Our soldiers have no regard for life in the middle east.

thats a very unique avatar pic

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Fact of the matter is, that American servicemen and women are hated by a small but vocal segment of the population.

maybe this is why:

www... .chris-floyd.com/component/content/article/1-latest-news/2076-speech-pathology-rain-puddles-in-heaven-hellfire-on-earth.html

silent-surge-a-sho cking-act-of-political-violence

mondo-infe rno-the-endless-echoes-of-americas-wmd-atrocity

Do American servicemen and women commit rape and sexual assault? Without a doubt. Just like they get parking tickets, DUIs, cheat on their taxes and murder each other.

is that the best defense/excuse you can come up with... ?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
reply to post by MMPI2

And they most certainly do not deserve to be the focus of ridiculous ad hominem attacks by people who are motivated by hatred of American freedom and the military forces that allow it to exist.

The American millitary does not "allow" freedom to exist. I'm pretty sure freedom was around before the U.S. armed forces were.

The motto of this website is "Deny Ignorance", not "buy into it"

Yes, the use of righteous force against tyranny does allow freedom to exist.

No, freedom was denied in the U. S. before the U. S. Armed forces were established. It was a component of an empire dictated by the British Monarch.

And, yes, the motto of this website is deny ignorance. I would highly recommend that you aspire to it, rather than to the sophomoric "progressive" soundbites you learned from a high school teacher.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is probably a spin of the truth. I won't say every service-member is a perfect person, far from that actually; but most servicemen and women honestly care about the average people of the world. It is the treatment we get while abroad that makes us start to feel anything against them, and I have felt this first hand. Trust me, IF something happened, then they should pay for it. But I would be willing to bet that this is a fake report, and that the rape was staged by the other people in custody to make it look like American military persons did this.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Fact of the matter is, that American servicemen and women are hated by a small but vocal segment of the population.

maybe this is why:

www... .chris-floyd.com/component/content/article/1-latest-news/2076-speech-pathology-rain-puddles-in-heaven-hellfire-on-earth.html

silent-surge-a-sho cking-act-of-political-violence

mondo-infe rno-the-endless-echoes-of-americas-wmd-atrocity

Do American servicemen and women commit rape and sexual assault? Without a doubt. Just like they get parking tickets, DUIs, cheat on their taxes and murder each other.

is that the best defense/excuse you can come up with... ?

No. There is nothing about an excuse warranted here in this discussion.

I am willing to bet folding money that American servicemen and women commit crimes at significantly lower rates than other groups within ANY similarly aged population.

Compare legit data about crime rates, or the incidence of capital crimes, between U. S. military bases and college campuses in the united states. I dare you.
------------------------------------------------------

Listen. You people are making this too easy. All you can deliver in your favor is invective, hyperbole, ad hominem and unsupported and ridiculous allegations.

I'm going to recommend that you noobs here at ATS do a little more reading and substantially more thought before you try to tangle with the big dogs out here.

Have a nice day.

edit on 14-1-2011 by MMPI2 because:

Also, dude, your "support" link is a webpage called "Empire Burlesque" written by an avowed communist. How much lamer can you get. Once again, come back when your frontal lobes are fully cooked.
edit on 14-1-2011 by MMPI2 because: to point out obvious inanities.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reminds me of the film 'casualties of war' horrible indeed ...
edit on 14-1-2011 by best_indian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

...no mainstream news networks will pick up the story...

That's because it's from presstv...

Why, you got a problem with where the source is from?

I guess this story isn't true because the Iranians are reporting it, right?

It doesn't matter if the source is biased, what matters is how legitimate the claim is. Obviously mainstream news, run by the West, isn't going to cover a news story about their own soldiers terrorizing poor little Afghans. It's called propaganda 101.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
They did this sort of thing in Vietnam. It's nothing new. Sad really.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Doesn't mean it's false, but I think anything coming out of Iran should be taken with a grain of salt. It's called propaganda 101.

Obviously mainstream news, run by the West, isn't going to cover a news story about their own soldiers terrorizing poor little Afghans.

Yeah, because Western media has always given US Troops a fair shake.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Doesn't mean it's false, but I think anything coming out of Iran should be taken with a grain of salt. It's called propaganda 101.

Why, is Iran hostile towards the US?

Seriously, discrediting this source from halfway around the world, ironically from a country directly affected by the invasion of Afghanistan, is just stupid. Personally, I think they are a lot more reliable than most other media out there. I'm just saying, considering I'm only trained in politics, current events, Iran, propaganda, etc, so at least I personally know what is going on behind the media to make such a judgement call.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
My thinking is that if this were true it would be reported on other news sources by now (and I don't necessarily mean western news). It's not even in other middle eastern news. So with a degree of skepticism I shall call it 'unsolved' at present as we may turn up some new sources.

P.S Stop the in-fighting, it doesn't help in figuring this out and leads to wasted board space and possibly informative posts being missed. .

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Why, is Iran hostile towards the US?

Hmmm.....define "hostile". Let's just say that the US and Iran aren't really going to be exchanging Christmas cards anytime soon. Unfortunately.

Seriously, discrediting this source from halfway around the world, ironically from a country directly affected by the invasion of Afghanistan, is just stupid.

What source? The story was pretty much just, "Hey, someone said that US Troops raped a little girl." No names, no nothing. It was sort of "thin" on sources.

Personally, I think they are a lot more reliable than most other media out there.

Your call.

I'm just saying, considering I'm only trained in politics, current events, Iran, propaganda, etc, so at least I personally know what is going on behind the media to make such a judgement call.

You've got to be kidding me.
I know it's a sorry dog that doesn't wag it's own tail, but do you really toot your own horn that much?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by best_indian
reminds me of the film 'casualties of war' horrible indeed ...
edit on 14-1-2011 by best_indian because: (no reason given)

Yeah...there's a realistic portrayal of American soldiers in VietNam, and Columbia Pictures has been really objective when it comes to objectivity in their products.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

Originally posted by thesouthsusin
People die and get raped all the time.. Who really cares just add this to one more to the bunch. All this anti-american propaganda is sick. I doubt this even happened

Who really cares? Well I care, I think every individual life is important.

I know this isn't the greatest source, but I would not be surprised at all if it's true. Our soldiers have no regard for life in the middle east.

I've read stuff here and there about how we, Americans, do not have full disclosure about wars and never truly will. Also they don't have to tell congres or us anything for 6 yrs - you see this clause in a lot of Presidential Orders going back years. But that's not what's getting me at the moment. Its this blind "we can do no wrong so they're liars" attitude coupled with "The MSM didn't report it so...."
Have we forgotten whose the boss of MSM? Recall the FCC? They do censor, so if you think this is the only possible thing they could have held from you - think again.
Now we have seen on ATS plenty of examples of this happening and it being under reported. I have an article here and a video that shows these guys are tweeked, cocky, well backed, and ready to care less about anyone!
Next stop: Martial Law USA
Now tell me you want them not to seek justice if this OP story is true?
Sometimes we must ask questions and wait for the facts. Answers are not always facts, especially if its not for their benefit. Go to 1:55 on child prostitution and murder.

edit on 14-1-2011 by DaWhiz because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2011 by DaWhiz because: first edit/video second edit to add video time in

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Bless her soul and forgive those US soldiers, f tht christian crap, its just the right way to think. Now credible or not we know that this is and has happened. War brings out the worst in men. Remember Vietnam? So sorry to hear this, do you think Muslims would do this in America, if an Islamic country were occupying it?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

Sic, and this is the price of freedom? Maybe this is a hoax but I cannot but help and get the feeling that maybe this is what these kind of sickos think. Wow, this is bad even as a joke

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Jinglelord

that is not the same as genital tearing from sexual intercourse. unless you are very young the likely hood of actually dying from sexual intercourse related tearing is so remote as to not be worth mentioning.

HUH?
I guess you don't watch 1000 Ways To Die do you? I'd post a link but they are very graphic and I don't want a repeat of my April Fools Joke going awry. It's on ATS.
Anyway, though there are not mass deaths from it, there are many that go misdiagnosed as well. Not so commonly known is lesions. Please read here for medical jargon.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Yes they have consequences. Innocent until proven guilty. If there is proof, then he's guilty. Just like the last half dozen soldiers accused.

never assume any innocents nor guilt, and never make a claim without proof.

You're proving your subjective with your untrue OP comment section. Soldiers get punished for this.

You're lucky. Not so for other nations.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

And there's more. I know another site had a conspiracy story on it about a drunk marine shooting his mouth off about what they plan on doing to US women once martial law is enforced. He said rape is used as a tool to flush out combatants. More like, we need an enemy so we make one.
Now, that was a conspiracy story - could have been made up for all we know. But for those of you who really think we sent Saints over instead of soilders, here are a few more links:
Amnesty International
Article: Women on War
Rwandan Genocide
Marine Okinawa

Oh and the mantra War is war won't stop them when they get here and martial law EVER goes into effect.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join