It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan girl raped, killed by US troops

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Afghan girl raped, killed by US troops

www.presstv.ir

The daughter of an Afghan politician has reportedly died of her injuries after being raped by American soldiers stationed in Afghanistan's southwestern province of Farah.

US forces aboard five Toyota Hiace vans transferred the teenage girl along with several other Afghan women and girls to a military base in the province. They then sexually assaulted them, Afghan sources, who requested anonymity, told Iran Newspaper on Network on Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I didn't see this posted on ATS and didn't see anything on any mainstream news websites, so I thought I would post it here and see what ATS members have to say about it.
I figure there will not be any consequences for the soldier folks and that no mainstream news networks will pick up the story, but what do YOU think?

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

And this is a reliable source?

Afghan sources, who requested anonymity, told Iran Newspaper on Network on Wednesday.

Do you have any reliable source other than the Iranian Propaganda mill?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

...no mainstream news networks will pick up the story...

That's because it's from presstv...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

presstv is not the most credible source..
I'd like to see more info and collaboration of the details..

If true it is sickening and deserves the worst kind of punishment..
edit on 13-1-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Pressir.tv? Yeah, no agenda there.

No units mentioned, no names, no dates.

Looks like another BS story out of Iran to smear the US. Can't wait to see how many ATS members chime in on this.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If true the soldier/soldiers in question should face trial however I find the story's source highly dubious at best though.

edit on 13-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
If true the soldier/soldiers in question should face trial however I find the story's source highly dubious at best though.

Yep, but watch how many stars and flags this story gets.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
That story reads like high school level propaganda

Medical reports indicate that a young girl died as a result of severe bleeding that was caused by tears in her genitals from violent sexual penetration.

Who writes like that? I mean, a serious journalist would never write about the story as if it were a murder novel. Graphic language like that is so obviously designed to create rage in the reader it should make you question the motivations of the writer.

edit on 13-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Not only is the source suspect, but they report this on the day we bury a 9 year old girl..?

I call major bullsh!t...america ain't the only ones good with propaganda.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious
I figure there will not be any consequences for the soldier folks and that no mainstream news networks will pick up the story, but what do YOU think?

If - a big if - this story is true, then those involved should be prosecuted.

Originally posted by thesouthsusin
People die and get raped all the time.. Who really cares just add this to one more to the bunch. All this anti-american propaganda is sick. I doubt this even happened

I find your attitude about rape and death, repugnant.

edit on 13-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Gee Afghans already consider us terrorists (I think so too) how about we slap them in the face by raping their children too? This is not war by any means. Well I mean it is true it is a war apparently to the United States, and we are losing miserably, but the US government would never tell you that! Not war to the Afghans I think. Maybe the US should have consulted the Former Soviet Union/ Now Russia on their expedition to try to control Afghanistan years ago..

Originally posted by harrytuttle
That story reads like high school level propaganda

Medical reports indicate that a young girl died as a result of severe bleeding that was caused by tears in her genitals from violent sexual penetration.

Who writes like that? I mean, a serious journalist would never write about the story as if it were a murder novel. Graphic language like that is so obviously designed to create rage in the reader it should make you question the motivations of the writer.

edit on 13-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

Maybe you haven't realized that an Iranian reporter wrote that in English? I suggest you try to write an article in Farsi/Arabic and then you can get back to me!
edit on 13-1-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesouthsusin
People die and get raped all the time.. Who really cares just add this to one more to the bunch. All this anti-american propaganda is sick. I doubt this even happened

Who really cares? Well I care, I think every individual life is important.

I know this isn't the greatest source, but I would not be surprised at all if it's true. Our soldiers have no regard for life in the middle east.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This will be something to follow but we must have the patience to wait until the story is absolutely verified. If true the accused should be tried. If guilty, the guilty should be given to the Afghan people to render the justice they see fit as publicly as possible.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yea complete bs. There are pleanty of media outlets in the US that would jump all over this story, not to mention other large media groups outside the US. As much as there is to question about our recent military actions I think I'll still believe and put my faith in them over any sources from Afganistan & Iran.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaOtCtKiIcNuGsBIRD
Yea complete bs. There are pleanty of media outlets in the US that would jump all over this story, not to mention other large media groups outside the US. As much as there is to question about our recent military actions I think I'll still believe and put my faith in them over any sources from Afganistan & Iran.

American mainstream media is not reporting it, therefore it can't be true?

What kind of logic is that?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join