It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan girl raped, killed by US troops

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if this specific story is true or false.

The point is that it's realistic and plausible that things like this happen all the time. And it's not just US Soldiers, it's human beings in general.

And it's not just Afghanistan.

There is a bigger story not being told, it's being ignored.

Think of this times a billion across every race, culture, nation, sex, politics, wealth status, etc in the world.

That's what reality on Earth is.

Ask yourselves, what can we possibly do to remedy this tragic repetitive circumstance in our society?

Our human race needs bold, creative, and out of the box solutions.
What we are doing right now isn't working.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Even if she survived those savages would have just stoned her to death so who cares.

edit on 14-1-2011 by dietsamcola because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Somebody always has to throw in the big picture!

First of all I'm not really sure most people are capable of comprehending the atrocities the human race is capable of on even the individual happening level let alone trying to comprehend the greater truth. This is a good thing and is promising because that means most people aren't capable of this. It is also a bad thing because it means they will block out and deny those who are.

I think many of us who gravitate to forums such as ATS aren't in the habit of denying anything save ignorance, at least thats what we came here for right?

It is easy to convince average people real horrors are fake and fake blessings are real; and this is the root of the problem and why I went out of my way to say why I thought this was propaganda. I would just as readily accept it if the evidence told me it was real. I'm not sure most people would. We could have live video footage of it happening and some General would only have to make spend ten minutes on a bad cover story to quiet 90% of the people while the remaining 10% like us keep yelling and the others just laugh and call us crackpots. (did I just rant a little?)

To solve the greater problem people will need to be free of pain enough to not get a rush from causing pain to others. So the question you're asking I think boils down to: How do we stop the cycle of pain? The answer I'm certain is simple and easy, the execution I'm afraid is more complicated than putting Humpty Dumpty back together again.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
How did the other victims live? You think they should have all been killed and hidden. Instead the others were sent to the hospital? Thats not something SOF would allow if they raped them.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
If it's true they should be punished as anyone else would be.

It in no way whatsoever represents American troops in general.

I know, I know. you and others live to bring up anti-American sediment. It just makes every ones day.

Why is this any worse than the 14 year old girl raped in Chicago? I don't hear ya complaining about that Rape.

This one is better because American soldiers did it I guess.

And maybe they did. I am not defending them. There are bad people in every walk of life, every job, every race and there is no way around it.

As a comparison, I wonder how many kids American soldiers have raped vs. how many Catholic priests have molested?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Of course that kind of stuff doesn't happen...

www.nasa-intelligence.com...

Quick search reveals tons and tons of news sites

www.theage.com.au...
www.npr.org...
www.buzzle.com...
www.theinsider.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

I'm not sure anyone is saying this kind of thing doesn't happen. I can't speak for everyone who thinks this is propaganda but I for one just think the story doesn't add up. The biggest tell for me is the loading up in vans and transferring to the military base. Not to mention three quarters of the article was dedicated not to the incident but to how horrible it is with American Soldiers in Afghanistan.

Do you think a middle eastern news outlet is likely to report that the average Afghani is happy the American soldiers are there and really doesn't want them to leave?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
true or not...this is what war is like....

americans,russians,germans...

they all did horrible stuff like that in wars..

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Another shocking incident of rape by US soldiers. The last story I heard of was the involvement of 3 soldiers in the rape of a 14 year old and her sister then shot dead the two girls plus their parents while they were holed up in a room next to the girls by two of the soldiers.

Too many incidents of these and the soldiers should be arrested and put in an Afghan jail for life - unless the family prefers a firing squad to shoot the soldiers dead.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

It does sound a lot like propaganda, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it turned out to be true. We're talking about the US army here, not exactly your local boy scout group.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

And their evol souls are stuck in that region till the end. Even when they go home their souls are stuck along with the other evol souls from that region. HOW LAME. Seems when the feeling no ones looking the REAL spirits come out.... RIP to the lost child smh what and example. And I know this is the dark side of wars everywhere and its noted as it always has been.
edit on 1/14/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

I have been following this from the start, and I have a few words for you. It seems MP, that you do not see any U.S. troops as capable of doing anything wrong. First, you make light of the entire story. If it was your daughter that was raped I don't think you would be so quick to put smiley faces on a post about her. Second, you should understand that U.S. soldiers (and many other countries' soldiers) have raped local populations before. Other ATSer's have posted links and even told personal narratives that corroborate this yet you still do not accept it. Third, you then spout off and flame whoever tries to explain why you are wrong and call them "anti-American". I fail to see what is anti-American about preventing child rape. You need to take a different tone with the users here because as a completely impartial observer I can tell you that you are way out of line, antagonizing ATSer's and then pretend like their reponses are unwarrented.

Of course now I can expect the same flaming and trolling, but that doesn't bother me in the least, I only hope that you will read what I wrote more than once, and take my signature to heart as well. Btw, I am American and love my country that I try to fix it when things are wrong, not just go along with the propoganda.
edit on 14-1-2011 by Skerrako because: Anti-flaming precausions

edit on 14-1-2011 by Skerrako because: Sp

edit on 14-1-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

photo of rape victim iraq

This is what happens in war . You should consider your self very lucky to even catch a report of this. Actions like this arent not punished they are slapped on the wrist . Only the ones that catch media attention get punished . Who knows how many rape cases there really are but i would not be surprised.

makes me giggle when i hear people shocked that the u.s army would ever behave this way . There animals just like the rest of us

gg earths cancer

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I dont know, Black Water and Contractors maybe,. But US Soldiers.... no... need more evidence -- IRANIAN Propoganda is a strong possibility... I will see if the story gains credibility,

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Wow... just Wow
so many people with their heads up their colons
talk about american exeptionalism:

"ooooh no! it's BS cause americans would never do such a horrible thing"

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Another shocking incident of rape by US soldiers. The last story I heard of was the involvement of 3 soldiers in the rape of a 14 year old and her sister then shot dead the two girls plus their parents while they were holed up in a room next to the girls by two of the soldiers.

Too many incidents of these and the soldiers should be arrested and put in an Afghan jail for life - unless the family prefers a firing squad to shoot the soldiers dead.

unless i'm mistaken you are refering to an incident exposed by Wikileaks recently

Get your heads outta your A---s

SHHH listen...
can you hear it?
echoing thousands of times across the planet, across history

"OH MY (insert Deity here)!!! MY BABY!!! MY BABY!!!! WHHHY!!! WHHHHY!!!

apparently some of you heard it only when that 9 yr old was murdered in AZ.
but ignore it when it happens elsewhere on the planet.

i figure that most commenters are either newbies [just don't know better than to go with their kneejerk] or the trolls of cybercommand all backing and starring each other, but to see a well known member who should know better...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
reply to post by MMPI2

I have been following this from the start, and I have a few words for you. It seems MP, that you do not see any U.S. troops as capable of doing anything wrong. First, you make light of the entire story. If it was your daughter that was raped I don't think you would be so quick to put smiley faces on a post about her. Second, you should understand that U.S. soldiers (and many other countries' soldiers) have raped local populations before. Other ATSer's have posted links and even told personal narratives that corroborate this yet you still do not accept it. Third, you then spout off and flame whoever tries to explain why you are wrong and call them "anti-American". I fail to see what is anti-American about preventing child rape. You need to take a different tone with the users here because as a completely impartial observer I can tell you that you are way out of line, antagonizing ATSer's and then pretend like their responses are unwarrented.

Of course now I can expect the same flaming and trolling, but that doesn't bother me in the least, I only hope that you will read what I wrote more than once, and take my signature to heart as well. Btw, I am American and love my country that I try to fix it when things are wrong, not just go along with the propoganda.
edit on 14-1-2011 by Skerrako because: Anti-flaming precausions

edit on 14-1-2011 by Skerrako because: Sp

edit on 14-1-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

All right. What I would like to know is, at what point did it become OK and accepted to accuse anyone of a capital crime and a violent sex offense without at least some (at least cursory) investigation and due process?

You people claim to be freedom loving Americans, but you seem to be quite ready and willing to consider someone guilty on the basis of a simple and as yet unproven allegation!

A little tutorial...

The Constitution of the United States allows that people accused of a crime, no matter how despicable, are allowed to offer a defense, collect and introduce potentially exculpatory evidence, and to be tried by a jury of their peers. These rights exist persist regardless of the person's status as a civilian or as a service member.

In my "rant", I asked the person who alleged that their relative was "gang raped" by American servicemen if the claim had been investigated and had been exposed to any judicial scrutiny. The person (Sheepdipflavor, or something like that) admitted that the claims were just that...CLAIMS, and that the servicemen she had accused had not been convicted, but only accused!
------------------------------------------

Now, a little exercise...I accuse the person that posts immediately after my post entry of rape. I was raped and sodomized last night by the next poster in line here, and they beat me and humiliated me in an effort to intimidate me most likely as a consequence of my race and gender. They broke into my house through a window, stuck a loaded pistol in my face, raped me and took my money and my car keys.
------------------------------------------

How about that, folks? I just accused an innocent person of a capital crime for no other reason than to make a point. I have no physical evidence, nothing more than my assertion that is backed up by NOTHING!

Is this justice to you people? Is this really the case? I truly hope not.

Fact of the matter is, that American servicemen and women are hated by a small but vocal segment of the population. This segment of the population will go to no ends to disparage, weaken and discourage servicemen who protect American (and western) society and culture. Leveling these types of allegations is nothing more than a display of hatred and loathing of my American countrymen and the principles that made the United States perhaps the greatest (and most free) nation in the history of the world.

Do American servicemen and women commit rape and sexual assault? Without a doubt. Just like they get parking tickets, DUIs, cheat on their taxes and murder each other. However, they do NOT void the rights that you and I enjoy just because they are serving in the military. And they most certainly do not deserve to be the focus of ridiculous ad hominem attacks by people who are motivated by hatred of American freedom and the military forces that allow it to exist.

I truly hope you guys think about these facts a little bit more before you start lambasting people in situations with which you are entirely unfamiliar.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

I told you to keep your mouth shut about it. Tonight I'm going to have to go rough on you. You had been warned!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikappa
reply to post by MMPI2

I told you to keep your mouth shut about it. Tonight I'm going to have to go rough on you. You had been warned!

Oh noooooo....not again!!. At least, don't bite so hard this time!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

And they most certainly do not deserve to be the focus of ridiculous ad hominem attacks by people who are motivated by hatred of American freedom and the military forces that allow it to exist.

The American millitary does not "allow" freedom to exist. I'm pretty sure freedom was around before the U.S. armed forces were.

The motto of this website is "Deny Ignorance", not "buy into it"

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I don't know if this is true or not but I am not ruling it out because people think only American news is the right news.

The Pentagon's latest figures show that nearly 3,000 women were sexually assaulted in fiscal year 2008, up 9% from the year before; among women serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, the number rose 25%. When you look at the entire universe of female veterans, close to a third say they were victims of rape or assault while they were serving — twice the rate in the civilian population.

Read more: HERE

It is very hard when men don't have women around to be with. The fact that there are some women who have been raped by their own side shows that it is a possibility that, at least, someone would eventually rape a civilian. It isn't like the civilian can do anything about it. Tell the police? The military will slap them. Tell politicians? military will slap them. Tell news paper? No other sources are credible like the US.

So this is a double whammy for them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join