It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan girl raped, killed by US troops

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The Toyota in question would be the Hilux.. We don't use those. We use Tacomas. They are not van's either. They are trucks. As for dying of genital tearing...not unless you gave birth. I call BS.
edit on 13-1-2011 by antonia because: RAWR

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Lets see if Iran does something about this

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well I didnt read the article,. Dont care to,.
the title is disgusts me.
If in fact the story is true,. the barbarians that committed the act should be castrated.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

While I do think this is BS the death is plausible. Type Afghanistan FGM into an internet search if you don't believe me. (I would take my word for it, you can't un-know things and this something I regret knowing.)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

that is not the same as genital tearing from sexual intercourse. unless you are very young the likely hood of actually dying from sexual intercourse related tearing is so remote as to not be worth mentioning.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

that is not the same as genital tearing from sexual intercourse. unless you are very young the likely hood of actually dying from sexual intercourse related tearing is so remote as to not be worth mentioning.

Well, some might say that some men are more "manly" than others, if you get my drift.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

Well, some might say that some men are more "manly" than others, if you get my drift.

You have the audacity to put a smiley face in a thread like this,. about something like this.
Wtf

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by MMPI2

You have the audacity to put a smiley face in a thread like this,. about something like this.
Wtf

"WTF: is that some of us try to laugh in the face of turmoil and hatred.

Others, like you apparently, are humorless sops.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Without getting into details I am fully aware of human anatomy and have studied far more on the subject than I care to admit. I will guarantee that an in depth study on women's issues in the area will reveal that it is indeed plausible.I can likely find some reliable information to post later this evening if anyone is interested.

The only reason I felt it was important to mention is that I think that if it were not plausible it would take away from the believability of a good propaganda story.

Remember Propaganda 101: In order to convince the populace of a false story it must be fully believable and use commonly held and believed threats and fears keeping the false portions to the bare minimum.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The Toyota in question would be the Hilux.. We don't use those. We use Tacomas. They are not van's either. They are trucks. As for dying of genital tearing...not unless you gave birth. I call BS.

I'm sceptical of this report myself.
But dying from tearing from rape can happen, and is more likely if the girl has undergone full FGM.
If you don't know what FGM is, google, I'm not explaining it here.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Are you kidding me? Is Antonia a female?
Are you talking about physical harm? Emotional harm? Psychological harm?
Have you ever heard of people that are so horribly dehumanized that they just lay down and die?
It is not just a female thing, it is a human REALITY.
Not all people are made of stone.
Edit to add: Any American in Afghanistan is committing a crime against humanity unless they are HEALING people, physically, emotionally or psychologically.

edit on 13-1-2011 by Stewie because: IMPACT

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Yes, it can happen. One of my great grandmothers was gang raped by American soldiers in post war occupied territory. She died of her internal injuries and hemorrhaging, as the kind of medical care we are used to now was not available to her in those post war conditions and after poor nutrition her condition was not the best to begin with. Ask me no further questions on this as I refuse to talk about it any more and am posting only to honor the memory of this poor young girl in case this story is true as reported. I encounter comments on ATS all the time that are either insensitive or ignorant of the suffering women endure in sexual attacks, but the callous indifference is sometimes expressed to a degree that is truly shocking.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
Yes, it can happen. One of my great grandmothers was gang raped by American soldiers in post war occupied territory. She died of her internal injuries and hemorrhaging, as the kind of medical care we are used to now was not available to her in those post war conditions and after poor nutrition her condition was not the best to begin with. Ask me no further questions on this as I refuse to talk about it any more and am posting only to honor the memory of this poor young girl in case this story is true as reported. I encounter comments on ATS all the time that are either insensitive or ignorant of the suffering women endure in sexual attacks, but the callous indifference is sometimes expressed to a degree that is truly shocking.

I have to ask (and of course don't expect an answer) to the following questions:

Were the alleged rapists reported to their commanding officer(s)?

Was an investigation, or an Article 13, or a courts' martial, or any proceeding consistent with those outlined in the Uniform Code of Military Justice conducted by the appropriate authorities?

If so, what was the disposition(s) of the proceedings?

Have you forwarded your material proof, or names of witnesses, or your evidence to the JAG of the branch in which the alleged rapists served?

Have you made these allegations internationally "formal", in terms of contacting the United Nations Secretariat?

Do you have material proof or witnesses or any sort of evidence that would substantiate your claim?

Have you contacted the U. S. Justice Department with these allegations?

Have you shared these claims with the Department of State within the country in which the alleged crimes occurred?
--------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't answer yes to at least one of these questions, then your claims are slanderous, libelous and beneath contempt.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

It all happened about twenty years before I was born and I didn't learn of it until I was thirty two. I could not possibly answer your questions even if I wanted to and I don't want to frankly because of your nasty tone. It was a painful revelation from a family member who survived a similar attack and didn't report her ordeal because she blamed herself for walking along a road her mother told her not to go along. My father is a proud veteran of the US Army and served honorably for nine years including one year in Viet Nam. So, I'm not here to vilify the military, I'm here to set the record straight on what can happen to a woman's body when she is violently raped. No more, no less.

Give me credit for having the intelligence and class not to jump all over this story with both feet and denounce our soldiers despite what happened to my own kin. I said IF the story is true as reported. I did not at any time assume it was. As for slander...who have I disparaged? Anonymous men who are by now in their graves? Certainly not active duty personnel who are serving our country with dignity and honor, which I believe is most of them.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I could not possibly answer your questions even if I wanted to and I don't want to frankly because of your nasty tone.

What nasty tone?

I'm not here to vilify the military, I'm here to set the record straight on what can happen to a woman's body when she is violently raped. No more, no less.

It appears that your post was designed solely to vilify the U. S. Military. Otherwise, you could have potentially left the data about the country of service out of your post. Other than "vilifying", mentioning that the alleged rapists were American soldiers was in no way germane to your post.

Give me credit for having the intelligence and class not to jump all over this story with both feet and denounce our soldiers despite what happened to my own kin.

In claiming that they were American soldiers, you have already "jumped...with both feet and denounce(d) our soldiers." What you've done here is akin to me asking you, "Have you stopped molesting your children yet?"

I'm here to set the record straight on what can happen to a woman's body when she is violently raped.

What about setting the record straight on what happens to a man's body when he is violently raped.

As for slander...who have I disparaged? Anonymous men who are by now in their graves?

Yes, along with the men and women who fought beside them, bled and died to give you the right to spout libelous and wholly unproven/unprovable nonsense on the internet.

Have a nice evening.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Okay I see what you're saying. I suppose I should have left the country of origin out. I was probably not thinking of the ramifications when I left that part of it in. I was thinking in the overall context of my thoughts that yes the whole of this story could possibly be true due to what I have heard in my family history. Horrible things happen in war torn areas. As regards my family history that was many wars ago many years ago and things were different in those days. We have evolved our standards and practices and procedures to a high level as a result of mistakes made in the past and shortcomings noted by previous generations. I believe our soldiers today are aware of their accountability and most act accordingly. So I keep hope that this terrible story is not true, for everyone's sake. Even if it is, it does not reflect on all the men and women and their families who do sacrifice so much so that I can be free and safe. I don't know what more I can say to acknowledge my gratitude for their service while at the same time giving due respect to the plight of innocent civilians caught up in a terrible existence. I've always lived balanced between the two sides, as the daughter of a soldier and the descendent of refugees. I don't always manage it gracefully, but accept that I'm sincere in trying my best.

Now I have a feeling there is something about me or my personality that enrages and annoys you personally beyond the contents of the discussion. I have nothing useful or constructive to add further so I'll be going and removing this thread from my My ATS section. I do wish you a good night, as well. I think whatever seems to be making you angry with me comes from an honorable place. We both respect our troops, and I hope you believe me at least on that much even if you disregard everything else I've said.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Now I have a feeling there is something about me or my personality that enrages and annoys you personally beyond the contents of the discussion.

Nah, not at all. I have never met you or know much of anything about you.

I'd like to think whatever seems to be making you angry with me comes from an honorable place.

Perhaps it does. I'd like to think so, anyway.

...I'll be going and removing this thread from my My ATS section.

Why would you do that?

We both respect our troops, and I hope you believe me at least on that much even if you disregard everything else I've said.

Sure.

Have a nice evening.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

You really think this doesn't happen? On September 4, 1995, three American soldiers raped and beat a 12-year old girl in Okinawa, "just for fun." Admiral Richard C. Macke said regarding the rape: "I think it was absolutely stupid. I have said several times: for the price they paid to rent the car [used in the crime], they could have had a girl [prostitute]"

And this is just one case. In reference to the poster you are accusing of lying, historian John Dower reports that there were 330 rapes PER DAY by American soldiers in Japan in 1946. And there there were these incidents, that could not be hidden:

Two incidents of mass rape from that time were so outrageous they were also reported: on April 4, fifty GIs broke into a hospital in Omori prefecture and raped 77 women, including a woman who had just given birth, killing the two-day-old baby by tossing it onto the floor. And on April 11, forty US soldiers cut off the phone lines of one of Nagoya’s city blocks and entered a number of houses simultaneously, “raping many girls and women between the ages of 10 and 55 years.” [44] By May 1946 MacArthur was facing a plague of rape.

japanfocus.org...

So, I find your rant against the previous poster quite unfounded. These crimes happened and they still happen. Posters who are holding back judgement until we have corroboration are right, however; this could well be propaganda.

What I find disturbing about these topics, is the inevitable cry of "anti-Americanism." Granted, that could be the case in this story. But it is not anti-American to post these topics and it is not anti-American to express utter horror and disgust. It is also not anti-American for a poster to recount what happened to his/her grandmother. All people, Americans included, need to stand up and express their horror at these heinous crimes. They do not and they should not reflect on all Americans. They are a minority that need to be punished.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

The cases you cited have nothing to do with the context in which the other poster spoke. What's your point?

So, I find your rant against the previous poster quite unfounded.

What rant?

edit on 13-1-2011 by MMPI2 because:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

The tone of your post was that claiming these crimes happen is disgusting, and "beneath contempt." If I misunderstood, I apologize.

Not all rapes are reported, especially in East Asian countries. The crime brings great shame to the victim (oddly), so even if the poster cannot provide every detail you demanded, the crime could very well still have happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join