It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan girl raped, killed by US troops

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesouthsusin
*snip*

youre doubt it just an empty opinion... many have been raped by allied forces.. go and do your homework.
why do you see it as anitamerican.. i see it as antiwar. I feel equally bad for the soliders that are put in such situations..

kx
edit on 13/1/11 by argentus because: removed off-topic quote

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
That story reads like high school level propaganda

Medical reports indicate that a young girl died as a result of severe bleeding that was caused by tears in her genitals from violent sexual penetration.

Who writes like that? I mean, a serious journalist would never write about the story as if it were a murder novel. Graphic language like that is so obviously designed to create rage in the reader it should make you question the motivations of the writer.

edit on 13-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

can that even happen?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
Gee Afghans already consider us terrorists (I think so too)

Maybe you haven't realized that an Iranian reporter wrote that in English? I suggest you try to write an article in Farsi/Arabic and then you can get back to me!

If you think your a terrorist, then please report to the nearest DHS office.
I have no interest in writing in any language but English.
However, your comment raises a interesting question, Why would an Iranian Newspaper print their article in English?
Propaganda?
Are you that reporter?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
In terms of the original post...

This is a poorly written and childishly conceived attempt by anti-Americans to smear the war effort against islamic fascists.

It is garbage, as are the people that wrote it, and the people that need to believe it.

End of discussion.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I don't know if this is true or not but I have more often than not seen articles in PressTV later picked up by mainstream news

So before we believe this or disbelieve this let's see what happens in the next few hours before jumping the gun regardless on which side of the fence you consider yourself to be on

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I am with the rest of the members here, I find the source to be pretty dubious, as Slayer said, at best, in fact I dont even know if I give it that much credit. Corroboration of the story by a secondary or tertiary source might make me change my mind however.

And if this story is true ( I hope not), then those involved should be prosecuted swiftly and justly.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Lets face it, i hope everyone out there really wants this story to be untrue, im not sure what sources you can trust these days but i know you cant trust the Mainstream news, anything you hear on CBS is not to be taken to heart,

im not Anti-American, iv a lot of questions for this so called English parliment aswell, im Anti-Evil, thats what we need to do, root out the evil and show it to everyone for what it is!!! i suggest if this story is fake then the person who wrote it might have the evils in him,, not good either way!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I think this is propaganda for the following reasons:
1: I believe that any universally cruel thing (such as rape) committed against non-combatants would be done in the heat of chaos away from any prying US eyes, not being loaded into vans and driven to a base.
2: The loaded in vans and taken to the base aspect makes it sound like it is sanctioned by the US which is what any propaganda writer would wish to convey.
3: With my knowledge (less limited than most but still no expert) of middle eastern culture this is among the most heinous thing that could have been done and is far too convenient for a propaganda piece.
4: This is far too convenient of a propaganda tool and in my experience the only perfect stories are fiction, the truth has a bad habit of not being convenient for anyone.
5: Main stream US media would love to run this if it is true and if the source is even partially legitimate we will see it reported and smeared everywhere. (This doesn't weigh into my figuring but is just an additional point.)

Finally as a side note I am slightly appalled by the opinions many have on the universal evil of US soldiers. I am sure just like any other group there are a few really bad ones but for the most part they are good people with values and morals and really do have an intention to protect their country and liberty; if this were true I guarantee some young man with a sister and mother would not be able to keep his mouth shut about it and report it.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Until this is verified I will also brand this as black propaganda bollocks by Press TV and Iran. The network doesn’t help itself with the way it’s stories are spun, if they were more impartial then perhaps unbiased persons would be more inclined to believe stories based on “anonymous Afghan sources”.

These things can happen, though. In any population you are going to get some sick individuals and the military is no exception.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
I think this is propaganda for the following reasons:
1: I believe that any universally cruel thing (such as rape) committed against non-combatants would be done in the heat of chaos away from any prying US eyes, not being loaded into vans and driven to a base.
2: The loaded in vans and taken to the base aspect makes it sound like it is sanctioned by the US which is what any propaganda writer would wish to convey.
3: With my knowledge (less limited than most but still no expert) of middle eastern culture this is among the most heinous thing that could have been done and is far too convenient for a propaganda piece.
4: This is far too convenient of a propaganda tool and in my experience the only perfect stories are fiction, the truth has a bad habit of not being convenient for anyone.
5: Main stream US media would love to run this if it is true and if the source is even partially legitimate we will see it reported and smeared everywhere. (This doesn't weigh into my figuring but is just an additional point.)

Finally as a side note I am slightly appalled by the opinions many have on the universal evil of US soldiers. I am sure just like any other group there are a few really bad ones but for the most part they are good people with values and morals and really do have an intention to protect their country and liberty; if this were true I guarantee some young man with a sister and mother would not be able to keep his mouth shut about it and report it.

Lots of good points here. Star for you!

A few observations:

1) It seems that there are some who relish the opportunity to smear anything that has defended and perpetuated freedom, democracy and peace across the world. This reflects nothing more than their abject hatred for those concepts.

2) The most frequent perpetrators of the rape of young girls and boys in the islamic world is the islamic males that purport to be holy men. Rape is used in an institutionalized way to control others and assert/maintain authority.

3) I just had a comment that I made earlier "removed" most likely because it really struck a nerve with members of at least one of the two groups I mentioned in #1 or 2 above.

Sorry guys. The truth hurts sometimes. What I said stands, regardless or not whether it was censored.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread650609/pg1#pid10324604]post by MegaCurious[/url

Pressir.tv? Yeah, no agenda there.

No units mentioned, no names, no dates.

Looks like another BS story out of Iran to smear the US. Can't wait to see how many ATS members chime in on this.

[/quote

I dont think we have to jump on anything, Just the past war crimes our military has done in the past will make us leap--

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

This is a very sensitive topic and I personally was trying to be very careful of my wording. Just about every part of this lends itself to strong emotional responses, ignorance, and hatred. Thus no surprise to see so much Mod activity.

Your points are valid and I think that even judging by the responses and heated debate here that really adds credence to our opinion this is a propaganda piece. (apparently a rather effective one)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join