It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France is our biggest ally, declares Obama: President's blow to Special Relationship with Britain

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by ProudtobeEnglish
Withdraw all British troops from conflicts instigated by the US, demand the immediate withdrawal from Britain of all US military personnel/equipment, increase visa regulations for US citizens and start deporting non-essential Americans living in our country. The yanks and the frogs are scum in equal measure.

I'm English and i think your views are horrible.

No offence but you don' represent England even slightly with that attitude. Pity you can't change your name to ''proud to be racist' - That would be more appropriate.

Cheers.

Do you know something? I really don't care! I speak MY mind, I voice MY opinions, I don't care if you dont share them, I dont care if you find them horrible. They are mine, and I WILL express them regardless.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudtobeEnglish

So ... Care to elaborate these xenophobic thoughts a little bit more?

What exactly has ever American and every French person done to face your wrath?

I could understand it if, for example, you said ''Oh i hate the US power system' or 'I hate the way American politicians think they own the world' - That would be acceptable, but to insult every single French and American person is a tad low.

Yeah ... Good luck with 'your' thoughts, although quite frankly i'm ashamed that i'm having to distance myself from such racism. Especially with a name like yours.

Disgusting.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Wow,man- do I need to remind you how those "scumbag Yanks" saved your butts not once but TWICE?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I thought the Americans hated the French! ...

NAH,

It is the French who hate the Americans so Obama is in good company, since he and Michelle hate America too! To bad we can't ship the pair to France permanently.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I have no time for The French; it is impossible to ignore 1000 years of history.

But we must recognise that time's change and new alliances are formed to meet current requirements.

But I personally will never trust them.

For all their faults I trust and like Americans and the world would be a much worse a place without them.

Obama may not particularly like the UK but this is simply the POTUS playing politics.

Words are cheap, acts and deeds are what count.

Oh, quite the little Nazi aren't you.
Not good at all!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

Wow,man- do I need to remind you how those "scumbag Yanks" saved your butts not once but TWICE?

Really? Because history actually says that we Invented the tank, which turned the tables (read: won the war) in the trenches against the Germans, and that we also won the Battle of Britain, which essentially removed any threat of invasion by Nazi Germany. Now, if you can figure it out, what to both these events have in common?

THEY BOTH OCCURRED BEFORE THE UNITED STATES JOINED EITHER WW1, OR WW2.

Just wanted to put that to bed.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I have no time for The French; it is impossible to ignore 1000 years of history.

But we must recognise that time's change and new alliances are formed to meet current requirements.

But I personally will never trust them.

For all their faults I trust and like Americans and the world would be a much worse a place without them.

Obama may not particularly like the UK but this is simply the POTUS playing politics.

Words are cheap, acts and deeds are what count.

Oh, quite the little Nazi aren't you.
Not good at all!

I'd be careful Freeborn. Expect to receive a private u2u message from 'proud to be racist', accusing you of being a 'spineless liberal and having no sense of pride'...

At least... I just did.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudtobeEnglish
Withdraw all British troops from conflicts instigated by the US, demand the immediate withdrawal from Britain of all US military personnel/equipment, increase visa regulations for US citizens and start deporting non-essential Americans living in our country. The yanks and the frogs are scum in equal measure.

I agree with this comment as much as we should be pulling out of Afghanistan anyway, and as another comment on this page stated, US forces have overstayed in the UK, but I disagree with calling them scum, I distrust them based on the fact that both sides have either let us down or stabbed us in the back and I disagree with forced deportations
edit on 12-1-2011 by Jamjarmonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Must be a slow news day if people must make a mountain out of a mole hill.

What "special relationship" are you referring to? The one where Blair played catcher to Bush? That was over years ago.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Is this member ' proud to tbe English' a pathetic little media ''hack'' trying to illiciet hatred so he / she can go and write an article on how bad ATS is ??

The descriptive use of the word 'scum' in any context involving people is actually IMO a severe statement. It reveals a character of the user and unfortunately says far more about that person than anything they could say themselevs...

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This is becoming predictable.

Bush: I hate muslims and the french

Obama: I love muslims and the french

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Absolutely correct.

'Baiting' is the term i'd use.

Best to ignore him and get back on topic.

The issue here in my opinion revolves around leadership. Every country has different faults, every country has awkward leaders... Some days they'll love you and other days they'll push you to one side and focus elsewhere.

Such is life. No point getting upset or racist about it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jamjarmonster

JJMonster

I have to AGREE with you here... your historical facts are accurate..

Also America was ''sitting on the sidelines'' (useless politicans again) until Japan kicked them up the arse !!

Also don't forget, the UK being short of military equipment acquired some battered ships and other stuff from America - The Price being that we had to give away land, islands and other assorted territories as oppossed to cash...... We were viewed as a bad risk then you see !! HANG ON - sounds familiar !!

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Absolutely correct.

'Baiting' is the term i'd use.

Best to ignore him and get back on topic.

The issue here in my opinion revolves around leadership. Every country has different faults, every country has awkward leaders... Some days they'll love you and other days they'll push you to one side and focus elsewhere.

Such is life. No point getting upset or racist about it.

Actually there is a point in getting upset. I don't like seeing my country become a mere tool to another nation, which it has done. I don't like the US or Americans very much, but they aren't scum, that term is far too strong to use.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

filosophia

Palin -- I hate the French, Muslims, The British and some of America as well, oh and don't forget South Korea too

Sorry... couldn't resist it !! :lol

Regards

PDUK:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

In my opinion both Britan and American governments have the wrong people running them take-Britan Tony Blair /Gordon brown/ david cammeron all these people you wouldn't befriend and there is no better replacements for them
countrys should be run by people with more experience.
how can you make decisions about war if you've never worked on the front line its like trying to rebuild an engine when you've never even changed a a light bulb.
I didn't want brown running the contry any more but I also hated cammeron we need to change!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jamjarmonster

We're getting off-topic but actually the first idea for a tank came from Leonardo da Vinci in 1500 and the first modern,motorized tank was invented by E.L. de La Mole of North Adelaide, Australia....
Just wanted to put that to bed.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Skippy

Yes Mr Mole did invent and draw up plans for the first tank but he then sent them to the British war office in 1912 where they were filed away and used at a later date.....

PDUK

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I look forward to it mate, could be fun,,,,but I would much prefer a public debate.

ETA.

Too late, looks like The Mods have acted very swiftly and efficiently.....shame as I would have liked to have shown him up for what he most obviously was first.
Still, can't fault ATS staff.

He actually reminded me of someone else who only lasted a very short time recently before going the same way but I can't recall his name.
edit on 12/1/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join