It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France is our biggest ally, declares Obama: President's blow to Special Relationship with Britain

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

It does seem like Obama has a policy to realign you guys with a lot of new BFF.. which is cool in my book

BTW.. Good luck with your new BFF

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm quite enjoying this French bashing I feel clean again. All is well with our "over the pond" bro's

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kliskey

No, I think you can probably still purchase them most anywhere except for in France, they may be a little hard to find over there.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Originally posted by curioustype
reply to post by Yissachar1

Did France get a Panda?

All eyes on the USA - will they get a Panda?

Somehow I doubt it, but you never know.

It's really going to come to a head this year I think...will the USA and China indulge/openly in a trade/cold war?

How will the Euro-zone, and Britain, react to that AND resolve the Euro crisis...?

What was the Panda all about?

Infact we got two panda's, apparantly as a symbol of togetherness with "historic" new business deals with China.

Its known as "Panda diplomacy" and apparantly is a big deal.

Weren't the pandas a gift to Scotland? Does that mean they are China's new best mate? Where's the English panda or the Welsh one, or the Northern Irish one? (sob and joking only)
edit on 12-1-2011 by something wicked because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2011 by something wicked because: because I will learn to spell

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Panda deal was signed in London I believe, and it was the Chinese that said they where a gift to the British people.. tho the only way I'll see them is if I do a little detour on one of my trips to Aberdeen (which I will when they arrive)

I like your idea, so perhaps someone could let the Chinese know that it is not fair to just let the Scots have a pair, and could they send England, Wales and North Ireland their own pair, then we really really really will be their BFF
and not block any of the arms sales the European Union wants.

Panda diplomacy turns into Panda blackmail (evil laugh)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
"The British are coming, The British are coming"
Just kidding, I have served with British troops and they are good soldiers and friends, and I am honored to say so. To my British brothers, don't sweat the BS from commander in chief, you and I know the real deal.The french are an Allie no more no less, well maybe.

edit on 12-1-2011 by TheApachekid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
From a Canadian to the Brits.

This is in reference to American Government ONLY!

Get used to it.

Canada USED to be their greatest ally too. Once the contracts were signed that guaranteed American access to the resources they wanted we are no longer on the American politcal map.

This will be the same fate for Britain, France, hell any "Greatest Ally"...

It is the American Politico way...get what you want, toss to the side...lather, rinse, repeat.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lektrofellon

Cheese eating surender monkeys run away!

Naughty but true

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudtobeEnglish Withdraw all British troops from conflicts instigated by the US, demand the immediate withdrawal from Britain of all US military personnel/equipment, increase visa regulations for US citizens and start deporting non-essential Americans living in our country. The yanks and the frogs are scum in equal measure.

Oddly enough, this guy is about 3/4's right. Look at what he says.

Withdraw all British troops from conflicts instigated by the US, demand the immediate withdrawal from Britain of all US military personnel/equipment,

Withdraw our troops too Obama, while you're at it. people elected you thinking you would do that didn't they?

increase visa regulations for US citizens and start deporting non-essential Americans living in our country

I do discourage American travel for a few years. I have already started reminding friends and family that it isn't safe, there's too much hate to go waste money seeing old buildings and people that HATE you.

The yanks and the frogs are scum in equal measure.

Ok he lost me with that one but it only proves the previous point about travelling. heh

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by ProudtobeEnglish
If either of those sites existed, I would use them. Sadly, they don't.

Glad we could make something for you then.

Enjoy your stay.
Mais non!

Simon Gray, founder of abovetopsecret.com = British.

Enjoy your stay!

The USA - founded by Spaniards, Brits & French... enjoy your stay!

How silly is patriotism?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Transcript

We don’t have a stronger friend and a stronger ally than Nicolas Sarkozy and the French people.
Obviously the French are one of our strongest allies

MUST the UK be in position number one, sharing it with no others? Are the British jealous or what? I don't get this at all... :shk:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm not jealous. I say thank god for that. Look what being their BFF has done to us, how much blood sweat and tears have been shed by us for the US in the last fifty years.

I say whoopee let France take the strain for a few decades, with friends like these I'll take my chances with the enemies.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Who cares? Makes no difference to anything.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It doesnt make a difference anways, the UK and France agreed that both countries would combine thier armed forces in future conflicts. It will make no difference, the UK will still involve itself in future conflicts, inolving the US. After all we are a warring nation.

Hate the Politician not the individual citizen, that Is what I say. It is them who promise everyone the world, and once they are in office, they do opposite. I could care two cahoots, who President Obama wants as his clossest ally.

And it is about time Politicians in the UK grew some, and finally said NO to the US. The UK is no longer, and never was a Superpower. We in the UK need to recognise that.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I guess I didn't add enough hot sauce to my sarcasm. Considering why Sarkozy got elected, and current situations in Britain and Europe, although the BFF claim is over the top, the Brits shouldn't be upset over this.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

I guess I didn't add enough hot sauce to my sarcasm. Considering why Sarkozy got elected, and current situations in Britain and Europe, although the BFF claim is over the top, the Brits shouldn't be upset over this.

No, no, no your welcome to your BFF... you can't jilt them now!!
Europe would sulk if you do
Besides what would Germany say if you go back on your word!!

*dances around* just to be sure you know I am joking..

BTW.. I live near the cliffs in my Avatar (Seven Sisters) and France is a few miles that way *points southish* I have no issues with the French, they've always provided quality goods for the smuggling economy around here

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
At the end of the day if the French want the Americans they are welcome to them.

Britain will still be allied with the United States.

I mean, do some Americans think we would be greatly upset by this news?

It pretty much means nothing.

Let the French be the American lackey for a change. However considering France were influential in America winning the War of Independence, they perhaps deserve to be treated with more respect. But let's face it that's not going to happen.

I am aware that even though I claim not to be bothered by this news, I seem to be ranting.

Some of you just putting to much stock into the "Special Relationship" which is almost an empty phrase really.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I always classed southerners as french anyway.

A bit of snow and its "arrrgghhh, run away! Get in the landrover Tarquin quick!"

Or in conversations (posh accent) "Yes, we season in la province and eat foie gras".
edit on 12-1-2011 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Oops doublè entandre

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join