It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all the people who want to ban guns.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
the people who dont want guns have valid arguments that cannot be ignored: the fact alone that there ARE guns makes people start thinking that theres someone to fight. Humans are humans, and the public shooters have removed themselves from the "human" category by alienating themselves. The violence in media and the mere existence of these things are causing people to worry for their lives. If theres very little violence in Texas, its because everybody is so Fing scared that if they woop out a gun, everybody in the surrounding area will pull their suckers out and itll be a huge bloodbath. Maybe there are a lot of shootings in NY even if there a gun laws, but thats because its NY for hells sake, obviously some crazy assholes are gonna wanna shoot the damn place. In Canada, we DONT CARE and we ARENT WORRIED about being shot, so we live life quite easily. There are no more than 1 shootin every 2 years here in quebec, yet its easy to get guns despite the laws. its all about the tension, and guns shouldnt exist, because if they didnt no one would even think about there being threats. Also, its the police and the army's jobs to fight and protect, and if all citizens can have guns, then its a country of soldiers.
obviously, the people who disagree with me will continue to disagree, but please try to think twice. guns shouldnt exist, and tension between people shouldnt exist, because it is causing more and more horrendous things. please tell me who these evil beings you must defend yourself from are? the more you imagine them, the more real they get. If you continue this way, youll end up in a country where people shoot each other over steak and Dasani

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black

Taking away guns is not the answer people.

Look at any country where it is illegal to own or posses a pistol or shot gun. Find one and look up gun related murders. Hey why are they high gee I wonder how can that be.

Sorry, but you make some bold statement here. Can you back this up ...??
There are many countries around the world where guns are illegal, that have any significant shootings at all. For sure this the case in many European countries.

And even if there are more shootings in countries with gun bans, is one more safe owning guns? The shootings there are mostly amongst the criminals, and normal people have little to fear.

You are advocating to keep guns legal. To prperly "protect" yourself you need to carry the damned thing around always and everywhere. What a life is this, to always have to live in fear, cowboy??

In England even policemen don't carry guns.... !!
Abuse there is not worse (probably better) than in any of the states of the USA, in this respect.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
btw i checked stats on shootings in NY and Texas and the one who made this thread is an extreme bull#ter. Yes there are more shootings in NY than should be expected in an anit-gun city, but its in America, so what to expect? And Texas has shootings ALL the time. also, he was comparing a state to a city. there truly are no arguments against anti-gun-ism and those who insist are part of the problem. The thought alone that there should be weapons of any kind anywhere in the universe is incredibly anti-productive, especially in this day and age. NO ONE deserves to be shot and NO ONE is evil. In this day and age, there are only the people who want to unify, and the people who continue to find imaginary enemies.
please please stop. i dont blame anyone for their opinion, but some of you are truly gonna screw yourselves over because you think life is all about the fight

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by wayno

DUDE!!! you are on a conspiracy theory website, isn't that a bit like the kettle calling the pot black??

Second line inserted for ease of reading and galactic continuity.

Yah, I suppose you are right.

Here in Canada, I have the same concerns about who is controlling my government as you guys do. That is in spite of the fact that my country's history has been relatively "cool" in terms of being an advocate for peace around the world -- kinda opposite of the USA position. We have a "culture" of getting along; whereas y'all have a culture of fight and might with your right to bear arms thing.

We all live in a fantasy world really. We just don't share the same fantasy. I think letting go of one's fantasy is probably harder than we realized. I just love poking fun of your's. Good thing not too many poke fun of ours, here.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

you missed ONE main point... all the examples are states being compared under ONE country! The Country dictates the culture for majority, it's not the gun laws that are the problems, it is what the culture teaches the masses in US that is the problem... I believe we the people don't need guns... no one should EVER have guns... it's about "educating" the people and teaching them how to trust and respect one another, show love not hate. No need to be fearful of your next door neighbor, but as long as EGO and MATERIALISM is the top features of US culture, crime will always be hight... with gun... or without...

Do you want to make your country a safer place.... EDUCATE people... teach them to respect one another and work together! and there will no longer be a need for guns! Sure I'm being optimistic... but WE are the CHANGE and we are the ONLY ones that can change our future!
edit on 12-1-2011 by freighttrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Shotgun Preteen vs. Illegal alien Home Invaders: Butte, Montana November 5, 2007 Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11 year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home. It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine. Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun. Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year-old's knee crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen. When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive. It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45 caliber handgun he took from an other home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest. Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news? ........an 11 year old girl, properly trained, defended her home, and herself, against two murderous, illegal immigrants.......and she wins and is still alive because of it. Now, THAT is Gun Control !

source: source: www.truthorfiction.com...

Any questions?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Don't Ban guns at all. Make Gun Safely and Marksmanship required classes in all Schools starting at the Middle School/ JR. High School grade levels on through High School.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shrikant
the people who dont want guns have valid arguments that cannot be ignored: the fact alone that there ARE guns makes people start thinking that theres someone to fight. Humans are humans, and the public shooters have removed themselves from the "human" category by alienating themselves. The violence in media and the mere existence of these things are causing people to worry for their lives. If theres very little violence in Texas, its because everybody is so Fing scared that if they woop out a gun, everybody in the surrounding area will pull their suckers out and itll be a huge bloodbath. Maybe there are a lot of shootings in NY even if there a gun laws, but thats because its NY for hells sake, obviously some crazy assholes are gonna wanna shoot the damn place. In Canada, we DONT CARE and we ARENT WORRIED about being shot, so we live life quite easily. There are no more than 1 shootin every 2 years here in quebec, yet its easy to get guns despite the laws. its all about the tension, and guns shouldnt exist, because if they didnt no one would even think about there being threats. Also, its the police and the army's jobs to fight and protect, and if all citizens can have guns, then its a country of soldiers.
obviously, the people who disagree with me will continue to disagree, but please try to think twice. guns shouldnt exist, and tension between people shouldnt exist, because it is causing more and more horrendous things. please tell me who these evil beings you must defend yourself from are? the more you imagine them, the more real they get. If you continue this way, youll end up in a country where people shoot each other over steak and Dasani

Guns do not kill people, people kill people. Do you honestly think a criminal is going to obtain a gun through legal means, sure they may try, but if it doesn't work, they will get one illegally. Those of us who follow the rules and laws set forth upon us on ownership of said weapons, don't have any issues.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
Everytime someone gets shot the anti gun people and anti constitution people come out spewing all this crap about take away their guns and this will come to an end.

Well people I hate to break it to you but you are all wrong.

They are also worng becouse their reasons have nothing to do with the issues they are riding on.

They want guns and radio shows and any other place the people draw strength to be shut down. They are more evil than this AZ nut job I really think so. Pathological liers.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hand guns are created to kill people, automatic rifles are created to kill people, I can see single shot riffles for hunting, shot guns for birds and small game but hand guns and automatic rifles are for killing people nothing else. Humans should ban these weapons and collectors should be forced to have them locked up in a building used for housing weapons.

You argument isn’t very strong. The reason for so much gun crime is everyone owns a gun. Simple answer simple solution, ban hand guns and automatic rifles and gun crime would go down, nice theory but even that still won’t work, now the real way to solve this is to go after the companies that make guns and start handing out huge fines and jail time to anyone that creates these devices.

Hand guns and automatic rifles should be written into the Geneva Conventions as crimes against humanity.

If your country is so messed up that you need to walk down the street with a weapon in your possession just in case, it’s not a gun problem it’s a people problem and a government issue. If you need guns to protect yourself from the government your really already living like a caged animal, do you think giving weapons to someone in a cage is a good idea, I don’t. And nothing will stop them from coming for you gun or no gun.

There are many simulated games available for those who want to try to old gun enthusiast line, there places like a gun range, where you should have to leave you gun locked up and safe, if you want to shoot a real one but why?

What’s the thrill, I’ve been raise around guns my whole life and I can tell you it has everything to do with EGO and not wisdom or maturity. it’s the power rush of an immature society that wants to feel the power and fear over others, Why am I even wasting my time on a subject I know is so far out of grasp for even the OP!?!

I know it's 2011, but i get a feeling that people havent matured/evolved or gained any further knowledge since 1772.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I don't know. I looked at taking target practice before though guns do scare me. I haven't ever held a gun though I did look into it though it's simply not for me.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I agree. There are places where guns are illegal though it stops no one. Much is illegal though it isn't stopping people from not doing bad things. I think it's odd when people really believe that bullets kill people and not people kill people. It makes me wonder if I misspelled a word or if my pencil did. HMMMMM

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Maybe that is his karma for kicking my door in and putting my family in jeopardy? Look if you don't like or need a gun, don't buy one. However don't try to use your values to control my life.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2minutewarning
I agree with you. And I have to say that I am somewhat surprised that there were NOT people attending the Arizona event who were legally carrying weapons. As a holder of a CCW permit it always amazes me that some businesses post a "no firearms allowed" sign in their windows making it a felony to carry one in. A mass movement in my state (Ohio) appears to have opened peoples eyes when it was pointed out to them..."which do you want in your place of business? Someone illegally carrying a weapon, or someone with a CCW permit who has had a background check, training with the weapon, and adjudged by law enforcement to be a law abiding citizen?" If more people exercised their 2nd amendment rights we would all be a lot safer. Just my .02

Regards
Jack

Hello it was a liberal democrat gathering, of course no one else was carrying

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I think the problem is a lack of understanding of why we have guns in the U.S. and the second amendment. The entire point of the second amendment is not for Hunting rights or sportsmen. It is there for the sole purpose of disposing of a tyrannical government if the need should arise. The Second Amendment is the "Big Red Reset Button" that the founders placed in the Constitution to make sure a free country remains free. No more no less.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Backinthesaddle
Hand guns are created to kill people, automatic rifles are created to kill people, I can see single shot riffles for hunting, shot guns for birds and small game but hand guns and automatic rifles are for killing people nothing else. Humans should ban these weapons and collectors should be forced to have them locked up in a building used for housing weapons.

You argument isn’t very strong. The reason for so much gun crime is everyone owns a gun. Simple answer simple solution, ban hand guns and automatic rifles and gun crime would go down, nice theory but even that still won’t work, now the real way to solve this is to go after the companies that make guns and start handing out huge fines and jail time to anyone that creates these devices.

Hand guns and automatic rifles should be written into the Geneva Conventions as crimes against humanity.

If your country is so messed up that you need to walk down the street with a weapon in your possession just in case, it’s not a gun problem it’s a people problem and a government issue. If you need guns to protect yourself from the government your really already living like a caged animal, do you think giving weapons to someone in a cage is a good idea, I don’t. And nothing will stop them from coming for you gun or no gun.

There are many simulated games available for those who want to try to old gun enthusiast line, there places like a gun range, where you should have to leave you gun locked up and safe, if you want to shoot a real one but why?

What’s the thrill, I’ve been raise around guns my whole life and I can tell you it has everything to do with EGO and not wisdom or maturity. it’s the power rush of an immature society that wants to feel the power and fear over others, Why am I even wasting my time on a subject I know is so far out of grasp for even the OP!?!

I know it's 2011, but i get a feeling that people havent matured/evolved or gained any further knowledge since 1772.

Your living in a fantasy world my friend. if you want to ban guns, better ban knives, they kill people to. Why stop there, ban automobiles as well, they kill people to. Why stop there, better chop off people's hands, they kill people to. Why stop there, better ban ....well hell, just ban everything and you can be in charge, the rest of us will stay in our houses and never leave until you give us permission. Because you know, leaving your house can kill poeple as well ...

Show me respect and don't tell me how to live my life, the items I keep in my house and on my personage are my business, if I make said items your business, then you can dictate what I can and can't do.

The more you try and control people, the more they will rebel ....
edit on 12-1-2011 by VI0811 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You cant stop criminals from bringing drugs into the country, can you? So what difference do you think youre going to make with guns?

In Britain they dont let their citizens have guns. Do you know what people like to do over there instead? They stab you.

I would rather be shot to death then stabbed to death. Both suck but I prefer to drown then be set on fire too.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Maybe we should get rid of ALL WEAPONS and then there would be no more war either!! Or is that naive? (rhetorical question). What we need is a balance between the people's right to self defense (against both other citizens bent on taking their life, liberty and property and a possible tyrannical government bent on doing the same as envisioned by our founding fathers) and the right of the people to be secure from a proliferation of weapons that can fall into bad hands (those mentally ill or of criminal intent). Making guns illegal in certain cities has done nothing to make those cities safer? Why? Because criminals dont obey the law. Texas which has the most liberal gun laws has the lowest crime rates. Why? Because the citizens there are often armed and pose a threat to potential criminals. What is interesting is that the crime rate has not gone up in proportion to the deterioration of the economy which means that most gun related crime is being conducted by career criminals not by those who are decent citizens but who have fallen on hard times recently. When the 2nd Amendment was written we had legalized slavery in this country and only men who owned property had the right to vote. I wonder what the percent of crimes committed with a gun are by whites of european descent who are property owners (and the mixup of the remainder by default)? I dont mean to imply racism but I would like to see the facts. The government doesnt want to address that issue (politically incorrect) as much as it doesnt wanta to discuss ethnicity of terrorists.

On a tangential issue those who wish to ban guns because of their lethality should ask if they would ban steak knives or baseball bats if they were used in the commission of a crime. What about banning martial arts if someone used their hands and feet to assault someone? Where do you draw the line? Maybe we could start with cars since they kill more us citizens each year than were lost in the entire vietnam war. Shall we start there and go back to horses, buggies and trains? Nah, I didnt think so.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

Don't Forget to Ban Ovens as I recall there was once a tyrannical government who disposed of quite a number of innocents with those.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Punisher75
I think the problem is a lack of understanding of why we have guns in the U.S. and the second amendment. The entire point of the second amendment is not for Hunting rights or sportsmen. It is there for the sole purpose of disposing of a tyrannical government if the need should arise. The Second Amendment is the "Big Red Reset Button" that the founders placed in the Constitution to make sure a free country remains free. No more no less.

Very well said .....
)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join