It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all the people who want to ban guns.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Some of us really would rather die, than let some lowlife scum order us around and take what we sweat and bled to earn. Hard for some people to understand, but it is true.
reply to post by TKDRL

Exactly.....This country is becoming full of people not willing to stand up and grow a pair but there's still plenty that will and your right many just don't understand those ethics and morals, the one's that do are a dying breed.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I think no person in the US except the military should be allowed a gun. And if caught she be given the stiffest penalties possible.

Call me unamerican all you want. pfft i could care less.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Yard sign- Sorry had to. Found it funny
edit on 12-1-2011 by Bachrk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
You can crow about your guns in America...but compare the murder rates for Toronto and Detroit...about 10 times higher per capita in Detroit.

That is unfair. Look at Detroit's demographic then re-evaluate. Guns are not the problem in Detroit its the people there.

Ok...you pick an American city of 2.5 million and present the numbers. Another poster did Miami...still a 10>1 ratio if I recall.

Any city...and provide a per capita figure.

It's cold in Canada, everyone has a home or they freeze to death.
When people are provided for, they can avoid resorting to violence.

Sure it might snow in Detroit, but the poor people live in ghettos.
Also likely they don't have nearly as much nature or parkland as Toronto.
Nature has a calming effect on people, helping keep them balanced.
Look at a tree, it is so peaceful and calm, everything is okay.

In Canada there are very few ghettos,
as many apartment-buildings typically have a few subsidized peoples in it.
spreading out thinly any eccentrics such as myself.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Gun laws are plenty strict. Our government legislates but does not enforce. The majority of people who have been deemed mentally incapable to own a firearm are never entered into the database that gun shops are required to use to check whether or not someone is permitted to buy a gun.

The big problem in this country is people think more laws will fix a problem, when in reality, the government can't even get its overpaid employees to do such a simple task as data entry.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Some of us really would rather die, than let some lowlife scum order us around and take what we sweat and bled to earn. Hard for some people to understand, but it is true. As for mcdonalds, that money in the register isn't your anyway. Why should a barely paid employee fight to keep someone else's money in the register?
edit on Wed, 12 Jan 2011 07:11:03 -0600 by TKDRL because: last sentance was reduntant

Really, you'd rather die than let someone take your money and bruise your ego. Well then you better get cracking on that suicide note, 'cause the only difference between your boss, the government, and that mugger is that the mugger is being honest with you.

Seriously, cut the "I'm a badass on the internet" routine. You're not going to throw down your life over a couple bucks and your ego. When you're dead, both money and pride are worthless, and I'm pretty sure most of the people in your life value you more than what's in your billfold. Really, you want your mom and dad looking at you in the morgue, and knowing that you got yourself killed so that some creep wouldn't get twenty bucks, your library card, and a stale condom? Nah.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by fianna
I think no person in the US except the military should be allowed a gun. And if caught she be given the stiffest penalties possible.

America was intended to be a people's militia, where everyone was a part of the militia by their right to bear arms. So the founding fathers would partially agree with you, except they would say the entire population needs guns, since the entire population is the military.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Some of us really would rather die, than let some lowlife scum order us around and take what we sweat and bled to earn. Hard for some people to understand, but it is true. As for mcdonalds, that money in the register isn't your anyway. Why should a barely paid employee fight to keep someone else's money in the register?
edit on Wed, 12 Jan 2011 07:11:03 -0600 by TKDRL because: last sentance was reduntant

Really, you'd rather die than let someone take your money and bruise your ego. Well then you better get cracking on that suicide note, 'cause the only difference between your boss, the government, and that mugger is that the mugger is being honest with you.

Seriously, cut the "I'm a badass on the internet" routine. You're not going to throw down your life over a couple bucks and your ego. When you're dead, both money and pride are worthless, and I'm pretty sure most of the people in your life value you more than what's in your billfold. Really, you want your mom and dad looking at you in the morgue, and knowing that you got yourself killed so that some creep wouldn't get twenty bucks, your library card, and a stale condom? Nah.

They could shoot you even after they robbed you. Most muggers are doped up so it's not like they are thinking rationally about penalties and law. Sometimes they want more than what's in your wallet. What if they tell you to go to an ATM and withdraw all your money? What if they want to rape your family? Are you telling me you wouldn't get the slightest inclination to bash their skull?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Purushottama

"What you don't understand is that constitution isn't sacred piece of paper. Not only should but also must it be updated. It's not being anti-constitution to want gun ban "

It's sacred to me, thats the foundation of how are country was built.............but OK lets rip it up and toss it out so you can take out #2 and then go back and rewrite it verbatim of the one we threw in the trash. And yes it is unconstitutional to ban guns, if you don't like it then move to a country that has no guns, where you can feel warm and fuzzy.

edit on 12-1-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I have a will, don't go worrying about me. And yes, I really would die to protect what is mine, what I literally sweat and bleed to earn. I have no boss, the government does take a large chunk of my money, but I usually get most of it back come return time. I have no problem paying into this system, where at least I get a chance to have healthcare should the need arise. Back in NY, i didn't get nothing at all worth while for my taxes, and the property taxes I paid there was more per month than what I pay in a year here.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by fianna

Not even the police? They are not military. What about the secret service? They are not the military.

What about hunters? Will we all be left with bows and arrows?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by fianna

Do you enjoy living like a slave?

An honest answer would be appreciated.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk

Yard sign- Sorry had to. Found it funny
edit on 12-1-2011 by Bachrk because: (no reason given)

Do you have an address?
l2.............

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

'Course, most of the founding fathers agreed that owning slaves was a grand thing, and at least a few of them thought that massacring Indians was a splendid way to spend a summer. I'll take their wisdom with a few pinches of seasoning.

Back then, civilians with guns were about as well-armed as soldiers with guns. Also? Swords were still a viable tool of war in 1786. You may not have noticed, but things are a little different now.

The 2nd amendment is obsolete for its intended purposes. The common militia couldn't even fend off its own police in most cases, much less the federal army or an invading nation. It and the 3rd amendment are cultural artifacts that don't actually mean much in our nation at the moment.

'Course, as I said elsewhere, guns are sexier than the right to a fair trial, so I can understand why gun nuts ignore the stripping of all our other protected rights, so long as they can stroke a barrel.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I have a will, don't go worrying about me. And yes, I really would die to protect what is mine, what I literally sweat and bleed to earn. I have no boss, the government does take a large chunk of my money, but I usually get most of it back come return time. I have no problem paying into this system, where at least I get a chance to have healthcare should the need arise. Back in NY, i didn't get nothing at all worth while for my taxes, and the property taxes I paid there was more per month than what I pay in a year here.

Oh, I don't worry about you. I'm just informing you that you're being silly and posing dramatically on the internet. You may not have noticed, but there are a LOT of goobers online (and all of them are self-employed ex-special forces with gorgeous wives, genius kids, and massive... bankrolls, too)

If you'd really rather die than part with your money, well, it's my non-professional opinion that your life must be some sort of living hell. 'Cause the mugger who kills you is taking your stuff anyway right?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

You are kidding right? If he gets close enough to me to fish out my wallet I know several ways to kill him in a couple seconds, no weapon required. If he is behind me it is more of a problem, then I let him get the wallet and if he does not kill me I kill him then. I would take my chances in front of a jury for doing so.

edit on 12-1-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
They could shoot you even after they robbed you.

Yeah, they could. It's a possibility. However it's a guarantee if you try to fight back. Consider that actually hurting your mark is an unneeded complication in the life of a thug, and that murder makes for poor business

Most muggers are doped up so it's not like they are thinking rationally about penalties and law.

I think you'd be surprised. Much as I said, don't count on the other guy being a moron.

Sometimes they want more than what's in your wallet. What if they tell you to go to an ATM and withdraw all your money? What if they want to rape your family? Are you telling me you wouldn't get the slightest inclination to bash their skull?

And what if they demand you wear a pink tutu and ride a llama through the nearest Chuck E. Cheeses? What if they demand you give them your left sock? What if they're really a cyborg from a not-distant future, who demand you give them your shoes and jacket? We can come up with all sorts of scenarios, and get wackier and ever-less like a mugging as we go.

Two answer your sole salient point here though, if the dude is going to make a try to kill you anyway, hell yeah, go for your weapon. Or go for his. You'll still probably lose, but in that situation, fighting back gives you better odds than standing there like a schmuck.
edit on 12-1-2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Im back after taking a break from this thread and my thoughts have now swayed. I think we as americans should lose all our rights to ours gun. I believe we should have no form of protection against the criminals who attack us besides our hands and feet. Though if I get bound and gagged I am not sure how this will work. Hey look on the bright side though they took away my gun to protect me. Ohhh yea and that daughter you have living alone in New York by herself. Don't worry if a stalker follows her home and breaks in in the middle of the night surely her loud screams will save her life. We wouldnt want that bad gun used to protect her. So lets get rid of it.

Lets let only military and police have guns. You know how well our police are and how not already big headed and think they them selves are above the law. Thanks guys I now will get rid of all my guns even though all I use them for is to hunt.

Hunting and fishing was never a big thing or important in any way in America right?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Get this!

I am Canadian and agree with you!

As a citizen of the GTA (Greater Toronto Area, basically Canada's most densely populated zone) it is my duty to inform people of the absolute nonsense that seems to have really escalated.

I am a journalism student as well as a freelancer and have done lots of local work with my paper.

Toronto it's self has its own problems with guns, but now guns our spreading onto our streets of the suburbs... Illegally.

The problem is now, there are guns, that come from our southern neighbors, but because we don't have any sort of legit gun register, we have no idea about the history of these guns why are finding on gang bangers.

And there worst part is, the fact that these guns aren't only here, but they to be in only two people's hands.

The police...

And the thugs, gangster, hardcore drug dealers.

Leaving the truly innocent people of my area increasingly more paranoid and scared.

My friend just had his long time buddy fall dead on his lawn after being shot in the head.

Well enough about my brief description of the chaos in my area.

The truth is, if the police aren't ready (Trust me if you see the nonsense in this city, you would believe they are not) to catch these punks who drive up and down the streets robbing and beating people, in cowardly groups of 5 and 6.

Sorry Canada... Sorry John A McDonald.

But if there is one thing those Americans have right. It's their right to defend themselves, both from ruthless thugs and our government.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

You are kidding right? If he gets close enough to me to fish out my wallet I know several ways to kill him in a couple seconds, no weapon required. If he is behind me it is more of a problem, then I let him get the wallet and if he does not kill me I kill him then. I would take my chances in front of a jury for doing so.

edit on 12-1-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

And I'll bet that's because you're a self-employed former special forces who has a gorgeous wife, a litter of genius children, and a swollen, thick bank account, too, right? And you ride dinosaurs in space in your spare time? Your mentor was a ninja shaolin monk? C'mon man, it's the internet, if you're going to be ridiculously awesome, at least make it cinematic.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join