It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

To all the people who want to ban guns.

page: 21
225
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jeremiah8401
 





Apparently you don't know how to read. I DID NOT SAY ANYONE WAS GOING TO OVERTHROW ANYTHING. ALL I SAID WAS THAT IS ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS WHY WE HAVE GUNS. THAT WAS IN 1776 AND OF COURSE TIMES ARE DIFFERENT NOW. I DON'T WATCH TV AT ALL BECAUSE IT IS TOO DEPRESSING TO HEAR ABOUT ALL THE CRAP GOING ON. BUT WHY DON'T YOU READ SOME HISTORY INSTEAD OF ACTING LIKE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT

well your argument fundementaly flawed then..
let me understand the main reason you had guns in 1776 was to overthrow the government... although you have no idea why you have them now... erm and why you tapping in caps... i understand what you are saying.. are you angry too? it seems like a lot of gun owners are angry little men.... that like to hout and think they are rambo....
really i dont think anrgy people hould have guns, that is a real silly idea...

sell your gun and take up painting or something..

kx

edit on 12-1-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by VI0811

Originally posted by FreeQuebec86
xD and LOL at people denying my stats and they show obscur website xD.

USA is #8 in the WORRRRRRRLD for death by gun, behind mexico...


But yeah, with a gun/death ratio like that, i would be paranoiac too and wanted a gun... xD

Gun = people killing = people buying gun for protection = Profit ??? ( For NRA at least
) xD.



Why no-one see the conspiracy in the NRA ? they are the biggest lobby in Washintong DC !


See, this is your issue. How exactly does the NRA make money off guns. You haven't a clue. I am sitting rite next to two guys from Poland, another from London, another from Germany. Put said foot in mouth and go back to watching cartoons please.


yeah the news posts current information and that was in 2007 so of course it's not gonna be on cnn right now idiot. your stats prove nothing other than the fact of human nature. if there were no guns then sure people wouldn't get shot as much. but it's not gonna stop people from killing each other. Guns are illegal in New York but you can buy one from any thug on the street. Like a very old saying "Guns don't kill people. People kill people"

You can't stop murder by taking the guns. It'll just make the criminals stronger like in the 30's with prohibition. The mob was in charge of he booze. So yeah take the guns away and you're gonna have new mobsters in charge of the guns. Also damn near all Americans can fend for themselves because they have a gun. I have two. a .22 and a 20 gauge and I have no urge to kill anyone. I don't even hunt. So it's not the guns it's the person in charge of the gun.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder
Why does everyone keep comparing other countries to the States? It's ridiculous people, you're comparing apples to oranges. No one has yet answered a simple question I asked, How do you plan on taking arms from all the criminals and gang bangers that have a bigger arsenal cache than most countries? There are around 1 million gang members in the states with who knows how many per guns per head, maybe 4-5 avg per head, maybe more? Thats not including non gang affiliated criminals, the avg Joe that owns a safe full of guns and the extremest groups eg; KKK , militia groups These gangs and groups are armed like some wouldn't believe, assault rifles, 50 cal machine guns , RPG, grenades, huge stock piles of ammo you name it they probably got. How are you anti gunners going to realistically take or control their guns? Asking politely isn't going to work, some one please tell me how you would accomplish that? Until you can logically figure that out, the anti gun debate means absolutely nothing.



Why guns lovers things all gun will be taken out ???

You just need to make harder laws ! and harder gun subscription !!!

You see gun as tool, when they are not !

If someone attack you with a gun, you are mostly DEATH. Even if you got a gun on you ( the attack will have the avantage of the surprise attack ).

Unless you shoot everyone that look scary to you ! ( then you will be the attacker ).


But anyways i give up ! xD Guns lovers are just gun lovers. You see them as tool of liberty... When they are tool for killing ....


And BTW.... The gouvernement will not attack you like in the 1700 xD. We are 2010
.


I hope my stats from NationMaster !!! Humans that are not brainswatched by the "gun right" will be able to use it !!!



And about NRA, i guess they make money from :

1 Gun compagny. For advertising gun. Marketing !! And during their "guns exposition". Gun compagny clearly paid for showing their product.
2- They got surely paper magazine and maybe even TV show or DVD to sell !
3- The NRA membership. ( i guess they got one ? )
4- They surely sold t-shirt, hat/caps and other easy to made product like that.
5- Maybe they even get paid for giving a Gun Store a ( NRA approuval ) ??? ( This is a guess ).



BUT im tire for today ! xD Gun lover, i can understand better your fear ( you are the #8 country in the world for death by guns :S... So you want gun to protect yourself ).


Its just sad to see ! Happy to live in Quebec
. Here murder is rare and when it's occur it's the BIG MEDIA STORM. Like for days. In USA it seem to be like Weather, talk everyday..

Sorry for my english



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Then you know the answer is society. Education not regulation, you know the answer is Greed, how the monetary system puts us in classes and pits us against each other, change the system and eliminate the problem. You can’t, that would mean the evolution of culture, and we all know "evolution" isn't going to happen fast enough. So since you can't change society the only logical answer are the weapons.

So you want a gun, no problem. Hell let everyone have guns and drugs and let them all do what they want, kill each other whatever, let natural selection occur so to say. The only problem I have with this theory is kids find drugs and try to use them and OD, guns have a tendency to miss their targets and kill innocent people. You want a gun ?...no problem, sign up for 5-10 years of safety classes, yearly license renewal and psyche evaluations and its yours.

No need for laws or bans but if you’re going to let people have them you have to do something to make sure they are used correctly.

I’d say it’s mostly government/media terrorism to always be carrying stories for a week or two anyway. I’d say the government is more afraid of guns than the people are. No one will take my hunting weapons, but hand guns and automatic weapons are crimes against us all, they represent the power of one man to kill another and should be recognised as such.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Backinthesaddle
Then you know the answer is society. Education not regulation, you know the answer is Greed, how the monetary system puts us in classes and pits us against each other, change the system and eliminate the problem. You can’t, that would mean the evolution of culture, and we all know "evolution" isn't going to happen fast enough. So since you can't change society the only logical answer are the weapons.

So you want a gun, no problem. Hell let everyone have guns and drugs and let them all do what they want, kill each other whatever, let natural selection occur so to say. The only problem I have with this theory is kids find drugs and try to use them and OD, guns have a tendency to miss their targets and kill innocent people. You want a gun ?...no problem, sign up for 5-10 years of safety classes, yearly license renewal and psyche evaluations and its yours.

No need for laws or bans but if you’re going to let people have them you have to do something to make sure they are used correctly.

I’d say it’s mostly government/media terrorism to always be carrying stories for a week or two anyway. I’d say the government is more afraid of guns than the people are. No one will take my hunting weapons, but hand guns and automatic weapons are crimes against us all, they represent the power of one man to kill another and should be recognised as such.


I agree completely



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I would guesstimate that 80% of the people in this thread do not understand the Second Amendment, why we have it, and what that right entails.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeremiah8401

Originally posted by VI0811

Originally posted by FreeQuebec86
xD and LOL at people denying my stats and they show obscur website xD.

USA is #8 in the WORRRRRRRLD for death by gun, behind mexico...


But yeah, with a gun/death ratio like that, i would be paranoiac too and wanted a gun... xD

Gun = people killing = people buying gun for protection = Profit ??? ( For NRA at least
) xD.



Why no-one see the conspiracy in the NRA ? they are the biggest lobby in Washintong DC !


See, this is your issue. How exactly does the NRA make money off guns. You haven't a clue. I am sitting rite next to two guys from Poland, another from London, another from Germany. Put said foot in mouth and go back to watching cartoons please.


yeah the news posts current information and that was in 2007 so of course it's not gonna be on cnn right now idiot. your stats prove nothing other than the fact of human nature. if there were no guns then sure people wouldn't get shot as much. but it's not gonna stop people from killing each other. Guns are illegal in New York but you can buy one from any thug on the street. Like a very old saying "Guns don't kill people. People kill people"

You can't stop murder by taking the guns. It'll just make the criminals stronger like in the 30's with prohibition. The mob was in charge of he booze. So yeah take the guns away and you're gonna have new mobsters in charge of the guns. Also damn near all Americans can fend for themselves because they have a gun. I have two. a .22 and a 20 gauge and I have no urge to kill anyone. I don't even hunt. So it's not the guns it's the person in charge of the gun.



Yeah, but easy acces is more easy then the "Street way".

On the street, gun would become more expansive !

And it's not about a BANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. It's about controlled selling !

Weird that you have 2 guns :O and don't hunt xD.

Why you have them ? to "defend" yourself vs Other gun owner ? xD.


Anyways, you seem to not understand and deny reality. I live in a big city ( 2 millions people ) and past years we had like 5 guns death. ( 3 by Mafia :O, big Mafia war in montreal ) And yes, 3 death is big here ! xD

YEAH, we got more knife death or beating. But many of knife attack people survive.


I can't see why you deny that more law for gun is GOOD ( Like, you can't have a gun in public place, only at home, hunting and social gun place ),

Normal and SANE people will be able to have gun ! LIKE EVERYWHERE IN THE WESTERN WOOORLD.

It would be only harder and longer to have a gun ! But having a gun is not a "urgent" affair. You could take 1-2 month for doing the paper and mental test to own a gun !



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
oh and for all the UK folks here, can you explain this since the UK has such great gun control laws. This is from the same site as the last link I posted but this is the best I can do since I haven't figure out all the intricacies of posting from off site places yet. Sorry if this isn't correctly posted. Please bear with me while I learn all these little things.





Recent evidence makes it even clearer that gun control has failed miserably in the country where it had perhaps the greatest chance of possibly succeeding:

A few relevant quotes from that news article in the Telegraph, discussing how gun related crime has risen sharply since the British enacted their gun ban.

Offences involving firearms have increased in all but four police areas in England and Wales since 1998, figures obtained by the Tories reveal. One part of the country has seen the problem increase almost seven fold as the availability of guns, and criminals’ williness to use them rises.

The number of people injured or killed by a gun has also doubled. . .

It emerged last week that armed police are to carry out regular street patrols for the first time to help combat gun crime in London.

There were 9,865 firearm offences in 2007/08, a rise of 89 per cent on the 5,209 recorded in 1998/99.

This is not the first time that I’ve written about the failure of British gun control laws to disarm criminals. To name a few cases, I’ve written about a pregnant British woman being raped by an armed home invader, an a British postal worker who was fatally shot by an armed robber. I’ve mentioned how a British bicycle rider was gunned down, and how teenagers are often shot in London these days. I’ve discussed how a former boxing champion and father of 2 young children was fatally shot in a smoke-free nightclub after politely asking a violent individual to stop smoking indoors. Moving beyond those anecdotal evidence, crime statistics which show a 40% increase in handgun related crime in the first two years after the British banned handguns, which shows that criminals who want guns will get them on the black market, or will simply manufacture their own illegal guns.

On a related note, even those British criminals who don’t have a gun are often more than able to harm or kill their unarmed, physically weaker victims. In other words, even if gun control did result in a situation where neither the criminal nor victim was armed, the victim would still likely suffer. As an example, this elderly British man was tortured to death in his own home by unarmed criminals who incorrectly thought he had large amounts of cash they could steal. This elderly British woman was severely beaten and left for dead by an unarmed sadistic home invader who simply felt like harming another human for the fun of it. Similarly, this disabled woman was slashed with a knife by a gang of teenagers who attacked her and stabbed her dog to death for no reason at all. As a final example, I would note the stabbing death of Pat Regan, who was an anti-gun crusader. Again, looking at crime statistics rather than anecdotal evidence, stabbings in Britain have risen since the gun ban was enacted, and the stabbing of juveniles is up a staggering 72% over the last 10 years.

If gun control could have worked anywhere, it would have been in Britain. That is because Britain is a relatively small country that is surrounded by water, which makes things more difficult for gun smugglers and easier for police. Contrast that with the United States, which has many times the landmass and largely unprotected borders to the North and South. British criminal defendants also have fewer constitutional protection than, say, American criminal defendants, again making it tougher for them to escape conviction and easier for the police and prosecutors. Furthermore, the British live in the most surveilled society in human history, with police controlled cameras blanketing their cities. Yet the gun control laws have failed in the environment where they had the greatest possibility of success. American proponents of gun control should take note of these facts, and realize that just as a law against murder doesn’t stop criminals from killing their victims, a gun ban is just another law for criminals to ignore.

This is the link to the article: www.learnaboutguns.com...

edit on 12-1-2011 by RichardA because: Got the link.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Backinthesaddle
Then you know the answer is society. Education not regulation, you know the answer is Greed, how the monetary system puts us in classes and pits us against each other, change the system and eliminate the problem. You can’t, that would mean the evolution of culture, and we all know "evolution" isn't going to happen fast enough. So since you can't change society the only logical answer are the weapons.

So you want a gun, no problem. Hell let everyone have guns and drugs and let them all do what they want, kill each other whatever, let natural selection occur so to say. The only problem I have with this theory is kids find drugs and try to use them and OD, guns have a tendency to miss their targets and kill innocent people. You want a gun ?...no problem, sign up for 5-10 years of safety classes, yearly license renewal and psyche evaluations and its yours.

No need for laws or bans but if you’re going to let people have them you have to do something to make sure they are used correctly.

I’d say it’s mostly government/media terrorism to always be carrying stories for a week or two anyway. I’d say the government is more afraid of guns than the people are. No one will take my hunting weapons, but hand guns and automatic weapons are crimes against us all, they represent the power of one man to kill another and should be recognised as such.


THIS is all my thought ! But in a good english !!!

I hope you are american
! good show



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by jeremiah8401
 





Apparently you don't know how to read. I DID NOT SAY ANYONE WAS GOING TO OVERTHROW ANYTHING. ALL I SAID WAS THAT IS ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS WHY WE HAVE GUNS. THAT WAS IN 1776 AND OF COURSE TIMES ARE DIFFERENT NOW. I DON'T WATCH TV AT ALL BECAUSE IT IS TOO DEPRESSING TO HEAR ABOUT ALL THE CRAP GOING ON. BUT WHY DON'T YOU READ SOME HISTORY INSTEAD OF ACTING LIKE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT

well your argument fundementaly flawed then..
let me understand the main reason you had guns in 1776 was to overthrow the government... although you have no idea why you have them now... erm and why you tapping in caps... i understand what you are saying.. are you angry too? it seems like a lot of gun owners are angry little men.... that like to hout and think they are rambo....
really i dont think anrgy people hould have guns, that is a real silly idea...

sell your gun and take up painting or something..

kx

edit on 12-1-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)


wow your ignorance makes me laugh. The fact you don't know the history of your own country is sad. look it up. and no I'm not angry I'm just lazy. hit the caps and didn't realize it till halfway through and didn't want to type it all again. don't get angry at strangers on the internet especially when they are ignorant to our history. Our government was founded on democracy and the founding fathers gave us the right to bear arms to help keep it that way. I paid attention in history class for one and the little TV I do watch is history and discovery channel. Read a book and expand your brains horizons instead of being a narrow minded fool.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black
 


Amen, brother. Arizona has some of the most liberal gun laws yet we aren't anywhere near the top of the gun-related crime list. On the other hand, coc aine, crack, meth and marijuana are all illegal, yet it creates our biggest crime problem. How is that possible? To understand the mindset of the left, you have to trace it back to childhood.

The left has been used to getting their own way starting early on. In school, the sissies went to the teacher and whined about something or somebody and they expected the teacher to step in and impose penalties or discipline or otherwise control the "problem". They carry that attitude all the way through high school and into adulthood. They see something they don't like, they run to the "authority figure" and ask them to impose their views on somebody else. They have no concept of "sucking it up" or "taking it like a man". They would rather impose their views by force, right or wrong.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeQuebec86
Why no-one see the conspiracy in the NRA ? they are the biggest lobby in Washintong DC !

I brought that up in the first few pages I believe, I'm losing track. Republicans and Arms manufactuers are in bed together, they will not ban guns in America, they will not bite the hand that feeds them on either side.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeQuebec86

Originally posted by jeremiah8401

Originally posted by VI0811

Originally posted by FreeQuebec86
xD and LOL at people denying my stats and they show obscur website xD.

USA is #8 in the WORRRRRRRLD for death by gun, behind mexico...


But yeah, with a gun/death ratio like that, i would be paranoiac too and wanted a gun... xD

Gun = people killing = people buying gun for protection = Profit ??? ( For NRA at least
) xD.



Why no-one see the conspiracy in the NRA ? they are the biggest lobby in Washintong DC !


See, this is your issue. How exactly does the NRA make money off guns. You haven't a clue. I am sitting rite next to two guys from Poland, another from London, another from Germany. Put said foot in mouth and go back to watching cartoons please.


yeah the news posts current information and that was in 2007 so of course it's not gonna be on cnn right now idiot. your stats prove nothing other than the fact of human nature. if there were no guns then sure people wouldn't get shot as much. but it's not gonna stop people from killing each other. Guns are illegal in New York but you can buy one from any thug on the street. Like a very old saying "Guns don't kill people. People kill people"

You can't stop murder by taking the guns. It'll just make the criminals stronger like in the 30's with prohibition. The mob was in charge of he booze. So yeah take the guns away and you're gonna have new mobsters in charge of the guns. Also damn near all Americans can fend for themselves because they have a gun. I have two. a .22 and a 20 gauge and I have no urge to kill anyone. I don't even hunt. So it's not the guns it's the person in charge of the gun.



Yeah, but easy acces is more easy then the "Street way".

On the street, gun would become more expansive !

And it's not about a BANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. It's about controlled selling !

Weird that you have 2 guns :O and don't hunt xD.

Why you have them ? to "defend" yourself vs Other gun owner ? xD.


Anyways, you seem to not understand and deny reality. I live in a big city ( 2 millions people ) and past years we had like 5 guns death. ( 3 by Mafia :O, big Mafia war in montreal ) And yes, 3 death is big here ! xD

YEAH, we got more knife death or beating. But many of knife attack people survive.


I can't see why you deny that more law for gun is GOOD ( Like, you can't have a gun in public place, only at home, hunting and social gun place ),

Normal and SANE people will be able to have gun ! LIKE EVERYWHERE IN THE WESTERN WOOORLD.

It would be only harder and longer to have a gun ! But having a gun is not a "urgent" affair. You could take 1-2 month for doing the paper and mental test to own a gun !


I own a gun because it's fun to shoot at targets. It's recreation. In Alabama everyone owns several guns and our crime rates are very low.

If someone wants to kill someone a gun ban isn't gonna stop them. I agree there should be more regulations for guns, though but it's not going to stop much. In Mexico guns are illegal so the only people in power are the police (barely) and the cartel.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RichardA
oh and for all the UK folks here, can you explain this since the UK has such great gun control laws. This is from the same site as the last link I posted but this is the best I can do since I haven't figure out all the intricacies of posting from off site places yet. Sorry if this isn't correctly posted. Please bear with me while I learn all these little things.





Recent evidence makes it even clearer that gun control has failed miserably in the country where it had perhaps the greatest chance of possibly succeeding:

A few relevant quotes from that news article in the Telegraph, discussing how gun related crime has risen sharply since the British enacted their gun ban.

Offences involving firearms have increased in all but four police areas in England and Wales since 1998, figures obtained by the Tories reveal. One part of the country has seen the problem increase almost seven fold as the availability of guns, and criminals’ williness to use them rises.

The number of people injured or killed by a gun has also doubled. . .

It emerged last week that armed police are to carry out regular street patrols for the first time to help combat gun crime in London.

There were 9,865 firearm offences in 2007/08, a rise of 89 per cent on the 5,209 recorded in 1998/99.

This is not the first time that I’ve written about the failure of British gun control laws to disarm criminals. To name a few cases, I’ve written about a pregnant British woman being raped by an armed home invader, an a British postal worker who was fatally shot by an armed robber. I’ve mentioned how a British bicycle rider was gunned down, and how teenagers are often shot in London these days. I’ve discussed how a former boxing champion and father of 2 young children was fatally shot in a smoke-free nightclub after politely asking a violent individual to stop smoking indoors. Moving beyond those anecdotal evidence, crime statistics which show a 40% increase in handgun related crime in the first two years after the British banned handguns, which shows that criminals who want guns will get them on the black market, or will simply manufacture their own illegal guns.

On a related note, even those British criminals who don’t have a gun are often more than able to harm or kill their unarmed, physically weaker victims. In other words, even if gun control did result in a situation where neither the criminal nor victim was armed, the victim would still likely suffer. As an example, this elderly British man was tortured to death in his own home by unarmed criminals who incorrectly thought he had large amounts of cash they could steal. This elderly British woman was severely beaten and left for dead by an unarmed sadistic home invader who simply felt like harming another human for the fun of it. Similarly, this disabled woman was slashed with a knife by a gang of teenagers who attacked her and stabbed her dog to death for no reason at all. As a final example, I would note the stabbing death of Pat Regan, who was an anti-gun crusader. Again, looking at crime statistics rather than anecdotal evidence, stabbings in Britain have risen since the gun ban was enacted, and the stabbing of juveniles is up a staggering 72% over the last 10 years.

If gun control could have worked anywhere, it would have been in Britain. That is because Britain is a relatively small country that is surrounded by water, which makes things more difficult for gun smugglers and easier for police. Contrast that with the United States, which has many times the landmass and largely unprotected borders to the North and South. British criminal defendants also have fewer constitutional protection than, say, American criminal defendants, again making it tougher for them to escape conviction and easier for the police and prosecutors. Furthermore, the British live in the most surveilled society in human history, with police controlled cameras blanketing their cities. Yet the gun control laws have failed in the environment where they had the greatest possibility of success. American proponents of gun control should take note of these facts, and realize that just as a law against murder doesn’t stop criminals from killing their victims, a gun ban is just another law for criminals to ignore.

This is the link to the article: www.learnaboutguns.com...

edit on 12-1-2011 by RichardA because: Got the link.



Why Britain is not on the NationMaster top 10 list ?

And why you source got a NRA ads ?.... and it's call learnaboutguns.... xD



From NationMaster, a neutral website that just do stat about anythings.

BUT I ADMIT, 14 for a country big like england, it hard to believe !

Murders with firearms 14 [29th of 36]
Murders with firearms (per capita) 0.00102579 per 1,000 people [32nd of 32]

www.nationmaster.com...&all=1


But the stats could be tru, because BBC said :

According to Home Office figures, there were 59 firearms-related homicides in 2006-07 compared with 49 in the previous year. That is an increase of 18% in just one year. There were 507 serious injuries from firearms - more than one incident a day.




news.bbc.co.uk...

USA seem to have 40 death by gun per week compare to england xD
edit on 12-1-2011 by FreeQuebec86 because: bad english xD



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox
 


Let's do a little logic exercise.

You're walking down a quiet street, and I jump out, brandishing a weapon - knife, gun, crowbar, whatever. I demand your wallet and your watch. Do you give me what I'm demanding, or do you pull your piece and try to turn the tables?

If your head is on straight, you'll realize that your gun is not helpful in this situation. If you reach for it, I'm guaranteed to shoot, stab, or clobber you, and odds are I'll be able to do this before you even get your hand on the butt of your weapon, since mine is out and I'm ready for you. Your risk of injury or death skyrockets when you go for your gun, while mine only rises by a few notches. I am much more dangerous to you than you are to me, in part because I stand to lose more in this situation. If you let me have my way, you lose some money and the time it takes to file a report and cancel your credit cards. if I let you have your way, I stand to lose life or limb. So it's suddenly in my best interest to beat the hell out of you and rob you anyway. That includes your gun.

Granted, if you've got the thing out in the open, I might be less-inclined to try it. But let's be honest here - if I'm in a position where mugging is a valid career choice, you're still at risk. If we're in an area where plenty of thugs like me are on this sort of career path, then we're accepting that armed people are going to come in and out of our line of work. So I might pass you over. I also might not - guns are lucrative on the black market, after all. Even in this situation, I pose more of a threat to you than you do to me, so you're better-off following my demands for both our sakes.
and the arrogance of the truly ignorant is openly displayed in your 'logic exercise'.

Please, allow me to explain. You are the criminal. Inherently, you are distracted.
I will use that to my advantage.
You are determined to succeed but i am determined to survive.
You believe you have the upper hand, funny thing is, you lose sight of my hands as i concede to your demand. Of course, the X factor joins in ... you do not know my training, skill set or ability.
Your assumption could cost you your life.
Your first mistake is following such a path.
Your second, is believing your target is less than aware.
And your fatal mistake will occur when you least expect it.

Do be careful out there, ppl are accepting their responsibility to protect themselves ... seems there may come a day when your logic is truly tested.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black
 


Unless there is a guarantee that every single gun in the United States is melted down - I will keep mine for the protection of my family. Especially in these troubled times.

There is no way that the act of "one" lunatic will justify taking away the guns from everyone else.

If they take the guns away from citizens who buy them legally, registered, trained, stable and for the right reasons, who will be left owning and buying them?

I'll tell you who -

Black market dealers selling to - drug dealers, criminals, and people who are desperate to kill! The majority of those guns are fully automatic - you know - Uzi's, AK47's !

There will always be weapons - and I am sure there will always be guns. Someone will own them!

Will it be the public - who registers them, trains to use them for defense of family - or will it be the street criminals who own them leaving us defenseless?

You people who claim that guns should be outlawed will be begging for help when this "Our America" falls into total collapse. Who will be watching your back?

Think about it!

Let me add this - if some unstable moron hid behind something with a bow and started shooting arrows, killing people randomly - are you going to try to ban every single tree branch, and every strong piece of string?

Hold the person accountable - not the tool he used to carry out his insanity!
edit on 12-1-2011 by arizonascott because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jeremiah8401
 





wow your ignorance makes me laugh. The fact you don't know the history of your own country is sad.

what makes you think i am from your country...

who is being ignorant then?

really have you got anything to ay apart from personal remarks about me....

look i love you and send you some hugs... sell you gun and do something beautiful instead... drop the fear...

kx



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
OMG I JUST GOT THE BEST IDEAL !!!!!!


Why USA just make BULLET VERY HARD to buy ????

A gun without bullet is useless !!!

And you seem to sell bullet at Wal-mart... Like every one can buy bullet !

Make it even hard to obtain then gun !!!

Like that criminal will not have bullet !!! And make the black market so dangerous ( Like life-sentence for selling bullet on the black market ). That the price would be insane ( or not profitable for criminal.


Gun without bullet, now i like that !
( only bullet for good owner ! With a 4-5 trainning and mental check ! )


Now your death by gun ration will get lower ! ( and safe life ! )



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer
 


If you're not an American then you have no right to talk about American laws so just be quiet



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by jeremiah8401
 





wow your ignorance makes me laugh. The fact you don't know the history of your own country is sad.

what makes you think i am from your country...

who is being ignorant then?

really have you got anything to ay apart from personal remarks about me....

look i love you and send you some hugs... sell you gun and do something beautiful instead... drop the fear...

kx


That doesn't make sense. And I've already said my part it's not my fault you fail to grasp what I said.
edit on 12-1-2011 by jeremiah8401 because: add more stuff



new topics




 
225
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

log in

join