It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all the people who want to ban guns.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'm glad i'm not american and i'm glad i don't live there either. This thread shows that those who support having guns, are just plain stupid.

Compare the shootings in the USA to Europe? Who has more? Does your answer tell you something?

If no-one had guns there'd be next to no shootings. What is the point in having a gun. Because it makes you feel tough? To defend yourself/property? For recreational purposes.. i can understand. What do people in Europe/other parts of the world do to defend themselves or their property?

For thos of you who support guns......i just don't get it.

Some people in this world just drive me nuts with their narrow minded views.
Humans should strive for peace and guns just create an opportunity for conflict with disasterous consequences.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Backinthesaddle
Hand guns are created to kill people, automatic rifles are created to kill people, I can see single shot riffles for hunting, shot guns for birds and small game but hand guns and automatic rifles are for killing people nothing else. Humans should ban these weapons and collectors should be forced to have them locked up in a building used for housing weapons.

You argument isn’t very strong. The reason for so much gun crime is everyone owns a gun. Simple answer simple solution, ban hand guns and automatic rifles and gun crime would go down, nice theory but even that still won’t work, now the real way to solve this is to go after the companies that make guns and start handing out huge fines and jail time to anyone that creates these devices.

Hand guns and automatic rifles should be written into the Geneva Conventions as crimes against humanity.

If your country is so messed up that you need to walk down the street with a weapon in your possession just in case, it’s not a gun problem it’s a people problem and a government issue. If you need guns to protect yourself from the government your really already living like a caged animal, do you think giving weapons to someone in a cage is a good idea, I don’t. And nothing will stop them from coming for you gun or no gun.

There are many simulated games available for those who want to try to old gun enthusiast line, there places like a gun range, where you should have to leave you gun locked up and safe, if you want to shoot a real one but why?

What’s the thrill, I’ve been raise around guns my whole life and I can tell you it has everything to do with EGO and not wisdom or maturity. it’s the power rush of an immature society that wants to feel the power and fear over others, Why am I even wasting my time on a subject I know is so far out of grasp for even the OP!?!

I know it's 2011, but i get a feeling that people havent matured/evolved or gained any further knowledge since 1772.

You have to have a hard to get ands expensive Class 3 license to own an automatic weapon, a silencer for any gun, and anything bigger than 50cal..

And you cant just go buy automatic weapons around the corner. News flash, all the AK's and M4's you see at gun shows are SEMI AUTOMATIC. Really irritates me when they paint those guns as extreme and dangerous when the reality is they shoot smaller less accurate ammunition than most deer rifles. Heck a semi automatic B.A.R. can be had in 30.06 or .338.

Libs are afraid of 'black guns' (Othe term used for ar15, AK, SKS and the like) because they look different and aggressive. Period.

Now on handguns, yeah thats one gun even I question. For my own personal home defense the shotgun is 100 times better imho. And nearly ALL gun crimes are committed with handguns. LESS THAN 1% are with 'automatics' as automatics are extremely hard even for a god person to get.

But tightening laws will not do anything but inhibit honest people from owning a gun. Watch cops ever? All those gangsta's are packing stolen or illegally bought guns

MAYBE WE SHOULD BAN RAP MUSIC?????? theres an idea

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by reddinasourshoes

There are plans to require all gun owners to have their guns registered using an RFID. For all we know this technology may already be in guns, much as it has been in autos for some time. The RFID would be installed on the guns in an area where the human hand touches it. RFID 'scanners' located throughout the environment would detect if someone brings an RFID enabled gun to a political event or into a public building, for instance. The scanners would not only detect if the gun was there, but the psycho-physiological state of that person. The 'system' would detect whether or not that person was a 'risk' of using that gun to commint an unlawful act, and if it determined that this was going to happen it could disable the gun so it won't fire. Law enforcement in the area would then be alerted and converge on the person using location technology, perhaps even before they come into an event. The gun could also be made to operate in the hands of the owner ONLY, making it impossible for anyone else to fire the gun. The gun could also be remotely disabled, much like autos can be through ONSTAR. Are you starting to figure this out yet?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ukredstar
I'm glad i'm not american and i'm glad i don't live there either. This thread shows that those who support having guns, are just plain stupid.

Compare the shootings in the USA to Europe? Who has more? Does your answer tell you something?

If no-one had guns there'd be next to no shootings. What is the point in having a gun. Because it makes you feel tough? To defend yourself/property? For recreational purposes.. i can understand. What do people in Europe/other parts of the world do to defend themselves or their property?

Humans should strive for peace and guns just create an opportunity for conflict with disasterous consequences.

I am willing to bet there are about 6 million dead jews who would not mind having had the opportunity to own firearms.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

And what are you going to do if somebody breaks into your home in the middle of the night?

Ask them politely to leave and if they say no you going to run into the kitchen, grab a shiv, and then chase them out?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I see your point! I could get hit by a buss tomorrow so we should all keep killing each other with guns, makes a lot of sense, see what i meant by out of your grasp. Atleast it would be a place to start, really what does anyone need a gun for other than to hurt or kill things? Selfish and nothing more.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I see your point! I could get hit by a buss tomorrow so we should all keep killing each other with guns, makes a lot of sense, see what i meant by out of your grasp. Atleast it would be a place to start, really what does anyone need a gun for other than to hurt or kill things? Selfish and nothing more.

Self-Defense? You going to guarantee 100% that every gun in the world has been melted ?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
What a silly reply, i bet there are about 20 millions russian from that time thinking the same thing right?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Here are Interpol 2001 crime statistics (rate per 100,000):
4161 – US
7736 – Germany
6941 – France
9927 – England and Wales
www.tinyvital.com...

Also just search around since Englands 1997 gun law round, gun crime up nearly 40% and youre some twice as likely to be mugged in england.
Gun crime INCREASED in Canada and Australia after stricter gun control laws were passed
The Swiss have almost no gun laws and almost no gun crime, so low they do not even keep stats
Oh and remember when the Nazis took away everyones guns? Gee didnt they I dont know KILL over 6 million

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Punisher75

I am willing to bet there are about 6 million dead jews who would not mind having had the opportunity to own firearms.
Which is one of the reasons their guns were confiscated.

Jews (§5 of the First Regulations of the German Citizenship Law of 14 November 1935, Reichsgesetzblatt I, p. 1333) are prohibited from acquiring, possessing, and carrying firearms and ammunition, as well as truncheons or stabbing weapons. Those now possessing weapons and ammunition are at once to turn them over to the local police authority.

link   

What a silly reply, i bet there are about 20 millions russian from that time thinking the same thing right?

Silly is saying something absurd along the lines of "humans should strive for peace instead" and that sounds more like wishful thinking then rational thinking. Somebody breaks into your home how do you know that they dont have a gun? What are you going to do to defend yourself? Run into your panic room and let them rob you blind? I think you need to grow up.

link   
Self defence... friend if you need a gun for self defence then you and your country are already dead.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeQuebec86

OK I'm not really good at the links like others do here with the off site box and all that but for all of you anti-gun folks, check this out. It says far more precisely what I'm trying to say.

www.learnaboutguns.com...

Now tell me how guns are so bad for a society. Check the links to the recent and recommended articles on the site, then put yourself in these people places. Yahoo also has a story about a jogger who killed an attacker. Please stop with the "ban guns" shtick, its been overplayed and proven to be false since the early 80's at least.

I have family in Orlando Fla., in the 80's they had a huge problem with rapists. The gun companies came in offered weapons at discounts to women who passed a safety certification course. The rape rate dropped over night and its still pretty low as far as I know. Personally I'd rather my wife have to explain to the police why there is a dead rapist at her feet than have to deal with the aftermath because she didn't have a gun to defend herself.

Oh and wasn't there some politician in England who was complaining about all the knife violence? Hmmmm seems to me that a knife can be just as deadly as a gun. For the guy who said that cowards use guns because they are afraid to get up close and personal in a fight, I'm personally not afraid It just takes too long for my hands to heal after breaking my knuckles on some thick skulled morons face. To be honest, it isn't hard to make a zip gun or an IED just from the supplies I have in my house, but I don't because I'm a law abiding citizen. Criminals don't seem to have the same discipline I have, so I need to be able to defend me and mine. If you live in a place with low crime, great, I'm happy for you. I live in a low crime area too but, I'm realistic enough to know that everyone isn't as nice as I am. They're to dumb to realize that even law abiding citizens like me can be as vicious and dangerous as they are. Break into my house and they WILL find out.

I'm gonna end this now, my wife says I'm getting too worked up over this.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Do you dwell on mis-information ? My dad is from Europe, my best friend moved here just a few years ago, I work with FIVE people from various places in Europe, ALL of which owned guns while they lived over there..

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Guns arent bad for society if your society is still living like its 100 years ago id say guns fit in just fine.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Self defence... friend if you need a gun for self defence then you and your country are already dead.

Well on the upside EVERYONE and EVERYONE'S country is already dead so why not have guns? You cant die twice right?? LOL

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Are you a troll?

What do you plan to use? Its a simple question and you cant answer?

Did you not see the one who just posted the recent crime rates of countries opposed to citizens ownership of guns?

The problem with this situation was not that he had a gun. For starters, leaving alone the subject of him being mentally ill, he had a 30 round magazine in the gun he was carrying. He was allowed that magazine clip because of a stupid loop hole in Arizona state legislation that says if a weapon is produced and manufactured in the state of Arizona then its exempt from federal law. Nobody needs a 30 round clip. They dont even need 14 round clips.

So answer the question - what are you going to do if somebody breaks into your house in the middle of the night, lets say for arguments sake somebody like the Night Stalker? You are just going to engage them in conversation and hope they rethink what theyre doing?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Secularist

Are you a troll?

What do you plan to use? Its a simple question and you cant answer?

Did you not see the one who just posted the recent crime rates of countries opposed to citizens ownership of guns?

The problem with this situation was not that he had a gun. For starters, leaving alone the subject of him being mentally ill, he had a 30 round magazine in the gun he was carrying. He was allowed that magazine clip because of a stupid loop hole in Arizona state legislation that says if a weapon is produced and manufactured in the state of Arizona then its exempt from federal law. Nobody needs a 30 round clip. They dont even need 14 round clips.

So answer the question - what are you going to do if somebody breaks into your house in the middle of the night, lets say for arguments sake somebody like the Night Stalker? You are just going to engage them in conversation and hope they rethink what theyre doing?

Maybe make him some coco before he hacks you and your kids into little pieces, and don't forget, he may not even have a gun. ( good post getting point across )

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Guns don't kill people, People kill people. Let's ban people.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The answer is simple isn’t it, I don’t brag about what’s in my house, I don’t keep things like drugs, guns, or money in my house. I don’t let strangers in my house and I don’t need security or a gun, you want to take my # come get it, it can be replaced, its only material anyway. I know my neighbours and neighbourhood, and I make a point of making sure I get along with other people. Sure I guess if someone broke in I would face them with this empty hand, I gained from eating well, exercising and practicing self defence. I leave my doors unlocked, but I can tell material possession is very important to U.S citizens or they wouldn’t shoot each other on a daily basis, if you want answers to problems look at yourself and address them. The answers are within, to bad your eyes are on the outside.
Getting all worked up about something you don’t agree isn’t going to change the fact that only weak fear filled men need guns to hide behind!

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join