It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SarahPac Called for Ariz. Congresswoman to be 'Targeted'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Anybody watch pres. Obama's statement about 30 minutes ago? I noticed he said in his speech that the congresswoman "was" his friend, not "is my friend", though she is not dead. What's up with that? Speech was prepared when they thought (planned?) she'd be murdered?

Weird.

link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

Perhaps, or more likely an anarchist.

I'm really interested in how this pans out.

What will the gunman end up being, I mean a Liberal nut, anarchist, loner, Hip-Hop/Metal fan, Communist, Atheist, Druggie...

I just wonder who or what will get the blame.

I can imagine a group of guys sat around discussing who their target group is right now.... picking groups out of a hat.

edit on 8/1/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

Perhaps, or more likely an anarchist.

I think the shooter was crazed at best or manipulated to commit the crime. Today in America anything could happen and the state has become lawless.

Everything from the loss of habeas corpus, to state sanction extra judicial killings, to FBI perverting the law to get their man and other horrors are happening. In the midst of this, is it so outlandish to think that TPTB would skillfully freestyle and play with a Manchurian candidate?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady
In the midst of this, is it so outlandish to think that TPTB would skillfully freestyle and play with a Manchurian candidate?

Not at all... and with all the crap and accusations being bandied about in the other thread, It's actually one of the most realistic and "normal" explanations and is worth considering, at least.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

I posted this in the other thread but... What if she actually did die, as the earlier reports indicated? There could be a body double undergoing plastic surgery now in order to take her place.

Stranger things have happened in politics.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

It is weird how every news source reported that she died.

I'm not sure that there would be much point... although I guess almost anyone would listen to and respect a politician who'd survived being shot point blank in the head.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
reply to post by Darce

I posted this in the other thread but... What if she actually did die, as the earlier reports indicated? There could be a body double undergoing plastic surgery now in order to take her place.

Stranger things have happened in politics.

I don't know about body doubles. Was she that important. Most likely she is expendable and the real targets are those people not content with the emergent American police state, those that insist on the constitution and the Bill of Rights.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

I saw that too. Initial reports were that she had died, either he hadn't been updated or his speech writer rather, or they hadn't changed the tense once they found out.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Well, my guess is they heard point blank gun shot to the head, and assumed she died.

Now class, we all just saw a great example of what happens when you assume. You make an ass out of you, the media, and the president.

Don't assume, you'll embarrass the leader of the free world.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Well yeah exactly.... point blank to the head doesn't leave much room for a comeback.

And It's not like the media don't report stuff well before it happens, much like the BBC reporter talking about building 7's collapse way before it happened.

But yeah, assumptions are bad, m'kay

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Another lib using the word target... And calling for violence.

Only then, once their rage has been properly stoked, can the angry take action. And when they do, she says, the “protesters need targets.” For Piven, the best “targets” are the people or organizations “capable of making some kind of response to angry demands.” Regular demands, notice, just won’t do. No, people must be fired up and not easily deterred. Angry and not quickly placated. It’s a concoction Piven has seen recently in other countries — countries such as England and Greece, which she uses as models for American unrest:
link

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ljtg123

The Blaze, Glenn Beck's website.

Nice

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by ljtg123

The Blaze, Glenn Beck's website.

Nice

Disprove it....

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ljtg123

It's interesting that they mention countries such as England and Greece, and the protests.
We riot and protest in the street and burn stuff..... this guy just shoots people in the head point blank.

Crazy man.

Why does it have to be "liberal" or "lefty"

Why not "disturbed young man"

That two-party politics is killing you man.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Ugh, I had never heard of this website before. The comments on The Blaze are odious, to say the least.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I am a pretty middle of the road, moderate kind of guy, but a couple of things have struck home with this tragic incident. Sarah Palin put out her nice little graphic with the gun sights over certain reps, and Sharron Angle insisted there were 2nd amendment remedies to the likes of Harry Reid. It seems to me, being a thinking, intelligent adult, that the fringes of the right are pushing a somewhat violent agenda, or at least violent appearing. I believe with the violent rhetoric that is being spewed from the far right, we are not far from another OKC type incident.

Edited to add: the far left fringe is no better.
edit on 1/8/2011 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

It's Glenn Beck's website, what do you expect

Tolerance and a balanced outlook?

Man... that's why I was laughing/mocking the source of the other posters link....

Oh well.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Indeed... any extreme is bad.... be it left or right.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Darce

I saw that too. Initial reports were that she had died, either he hadn't been updated or his speech writer rather, or they hadn't changed the tense once they found out.

I just had to be flipping through the channels in the afternoon. Landed on FOX, saw what was happening, and they said that their "source" from capital hill said she was dead.

Flipped another couple channels, think it was MSNBC, said she was still alive but in surgery.

Referencing this specific OP, I think it is pretty disgusting if indeed true. I have heard of her site getting hacked etcetera, but I hope she catches a lot of heat for this if true. You can say whatever you want, but it is still disgusting.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
* June 14,

Obama: ‘If They Bring a Knife to the Fight, We Bring a Gun’

nuff said,

Palin and her children have received death threats, hopefully people on the forum will try not to incite a lurker with mental problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join