It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SarahPac Called for Ariz. Congresswoman to be 'Targeted'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Sounds reasonable. The political machine seeks to divide, not unite. The finger pointing and hatred the politicians practice kills people. It kills them in a variety of ways. We need term limits for all politicians to prevent people that seek to be career politicians from obtaining that goal.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
It's true that this wasn't Palin's doing, but I am not sure that the OP claimed it was.

The way the OP is posting on the very same topic in other related threads suggests otherwise

the ad was posted on SarahPAC's website

right but again that does not mean that Palin said those exact words and when people run and suggest she did, that IS DISINFORMATION

I presume that they approved of his message (which Wiki says was previously posted on his own website under a photograph of Mr. Kelly carrying an automatic weapon). The subliminal message is really obvious. It's almost so obvious that we go into a state of cognitive dissonance and cannot believe that it is saying what it is saying. It must be a metaphor!

Yes Agree

However, this does not excuse (or dismiss) ATS Members who claim or imply these are Palin's words as that is NOT correct

Classic case of DISINFORMATION

Disformation ends up going viral

Im all for calling out any politican for words they say/use or even subliminally
edit on 9-1-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

TO BE VERY CLEAR! The references to Palin's website are not without merit or a random fabrication by a member here on ATS. The Congresswomen HERSELF expressed concern prior to the attack:

Giffords expressed similar concern, even before the shooting. In an interview after her office was vandalized, she referred to the animosity against her by conservatives, including Sarah Palin's decision to list Giffords' seat as one of the top "targets" in the midterm elections.

"For example, we're on Sarah Palin's targeted list, but the thing is, that the way that she has it depicted has the crosshairs of a gun sight over our district. When people do that, they have to realize that there are consequences to that action," Giffords said in an interview with MSNBC.

SOURCE

Please refrain from assessing or misdirecting blame before you have all the FACTS. Especially since you seem so concerned about DISINFO.

edit on 9-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I didn't see this interview posted. I think it is relevant to the topic. Giffords makes specific mention of SarahPac:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The shooter isn't dead and he's not talking. I'm sure the real reason why he shot the Congresswoman will come to light in the near future. I myself don't think political rhetoric is good for the country let alone agitating the unstable psychos we have in this country. I also think just the word "target" as compared to "target-reload and than showing targets on maps and a list of names" is like comparing apples to oranges. Lets all think logically here, Palin could of used a better choice of words and analogies to call for voting these people out of office. I'm sure this argument can be said for the democrats too! I'm not going to search the internet for threatening democrat rhetoric because I'm sure we can find it. Palin taking this bulls-eye map off her site tells you that she doesn't want to be associated with this tragedy. This just goes to show you that politicians need to stop acting like children in a school yard and start focusing on solving the problems of this country. It really just comes down to this...Palin's poor choice of words came back to bite her in the #ss.
edit on 9-1-2011 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2011 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
How come the left doesn't say anything about this:

1. Vice-President Biden when he spoke before a Democrat Party fundraiser in Minnesota said he would "strangle" the next Republican who talked about balancing the federal budget.

2. GOP takeover of Congress would mean 'hand-to-hand combat,' Obama warns.

3. When Democrat Joe Manchin was Governor of West Virgina, he fired a rifle and put a bullet into the heart of the cap and trade bill in a television political ad.

The left is a bunch of hypocrites.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by texastig

Both parties are guilty of this rhetoric. Palin's rhetoric is being attacked because the tragedy "could" be related. If the democrat rhetoric you listed in your post resulted in a related tragedy, I'm sure that rhetoric would be the focus of discussion today. Political affiliation makes people like yourself put their blinders on. It's the main problem with this countries party system and why congress can't agree and work together. Your rooting and defending your "team" instead of stepping outside the box. If this country didn't have labels, we would all be rooting and criticizing the same team. Both parties are hypocrites, if you don't think so you have your blinders on.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Now would you look at that... First it starts with personal ads, next thing we have posters on busses advising folks thats its okay to shoot Muslims.

Jokes aside, with my dyslexic brain I read "Help us kill this woman with an M16". Either some loon read that the same way, or it was pure and simply a go-ahead for an assassination. Perhaps we should look into subliminal mesages because a little ad like that could most certainly act as a "trigger".

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The left is this, the right is that. This kind of fecal matter doesn't fly to the educated people in this country. I, for one, am tired of all the same old rhetoric that is being spewed by people that are unable or unwilling to look at all sides of an issue and make an informed decision. Whether the combat examples are appropriate or not, is what is up for discussion. There are too many people out there that are unhinged enough to take them literally, both left and right.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by Ellen15

TO BE VERY CLEAR! The references to Palin's website are not without merit or a random fabrication by a member here on ATS. The Congresswomen HERSELF expressed concern prior to the attack:

Giffords expressed similar concern, even before the shooting. In an interview after her office was vandalized, she referred to the animosity against her by conservatives, including Sarah Palin's decision to list Giffords' seat as one of the top "targets" in the midterm elections.

"For example, we're on Sarah Palin's targeted list, but the thing is, that the way that she has it depicted has the crosshairs of a gun sight over our district. When people do that, they have to realize that there are consequences to that action," Giffords said in an interview with MSNBC.

SOURCE

Please refrain from assessing or misdirecting blame before you have all the FACTS. Especially since you seem so concerned about DISINFO.

The "Targeted List" was NOT in question

It was the 'ad' that was in question! .... Where some ATS Members claimed was Palin's words

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
So, I can assume you didn't bother to read the article because

the comments on The Blaze are odious.

Maybe you need to do a bit of research on Frances Piven and the CLOWARD-PIVEN STRATEGY (CPS).
They are the ones that are odious, of course, unless you agree with them.

reply to post by blupblup

Ugh, I had never heard of this website before. The comments on The Blaze are odious, to say the least.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by volafox

Unfortunately, SarahPac doesn't exactly have the top of the intellectual crop in her fan club. She knows this, and uses words that could EASILY be construed as violent. Unfortunately for us, those folks don't know if she's kidding or not, any more than they think that pro wrestling is real.
edit on 8-1-2011 by volafox because: admendum

You mock their belief that pro-wrestling is real while you belong to a forum whose members believe in UFOs, aliens, ghosts, etc. etc....?

Uh-huh...

Pot - kettle ?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

You raise a good point. Why was there a federal judge, a congresswoman, and several of her staff shopping at the same grocery store at once? Who was the judge that was killed? Was it an 'activist judge'? Were they set up, like Kennedy?

It wasn't a shopping trip. It was sort of an informal open town hall meeting. Giffords has held many of them in the past. And why at Safeway? Because she believed in going where the people were on a Saturday morning.

The judge was coming from church, and just decided to stop by and say hello to his friend Gabrielle Giffords. Wrong place wrong time

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar..

edit on 9-1-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
So every time Pa-LOUSY says Democrats need to target Bush, it means go grab a gun and shoot?

I don't know how widespread the 'shoot your elected representatives' meme is in Democrat circles, but liberals are becoming just as agitated and revolution-minded as conservatives. Remember, Marx advocated violent revolution, and pseudo-Marxists are found all throughout the left wing in America.

Originally posted by NeverApologize

This should be moved to the HOAX forum. It is not true.
It was NOT Palin, that wrote this.

Fin.

The thread title says that SARAHPAC wrote it. It is not saying that Sarah Palin wrote it. Individual posters may be saying that and maybe you should hold them accountable. The thread itself is fine.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by inthesticks

Yeah, so, I don't really care about whatever it is you're trying to do to distract me and make me out to be some partisan ideologue. I meant statements like this.

MTNCLIMBERJIM
Posted on January 8, 2011 at 8:08am
Oh the horror, gay on gay violence. Sadly I would like to see allot more of this. Could we be so bold as to hope for self extermination of the perverse sick and twisted sexual deviant gay community?

kill all gays

INSIPID (Smedley's note: How apropos)
Posted on January 8, 2011 at 8:18am
I don’t get it, if it were a straight person who killed a gay guy it would be called a hate crime. They should charge the bonesmoker with hate crime when they catch him. Chopping off someones doodads would require just a little hate wouldntyathink ?

bonesmoker

SGT.CRUST
Posted on January 8, 2011 at 10:56am
Foxhole – LOL, you are a piece of work son! I will pray to Jesus Christ, that he comes into your dark heart, to save your broken soul from the devil. Since we know you are gay, from your previous posts, and they were explicit, I would expect nothing less from you. Just because you are gay, does not mean I am gay, and believe me, I am NOT, as that lifestyle is detestible to me. You are free to practice your sexuality however you want, we are a free country last time I checked, and you have that right. I will not judge you, but you will be judged my freind, by a much higher power than me someday. If you do not repent and change your ways, when you have your come to Jesus moment, it will be too late, I do feel sorry for you and your minions of the dark.

You are a morally bankrupt and a sexually degraded person, who has no direction in life other than filth, lies and hate.

Maybe we should send you to namby pamby land, you jackwagon!

I won't judge you . . . you are a depraved monster P.S. Jesus loves

source

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Uh Huh. And the Democrats would NEVER "target" anyone, right?

DNC Targeting Map

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

This is slightly different. PalinPAC's map targeted individuals and was endorsed by Palin (the signature). It also used crosshairs, indicating the use of guns, popular with conservative radicals.

This one targets entire states, and uses bulls-eyes/blast radii. Liberal radicals are more likely to be anarchists or Marxists, who love to use bombs.

TMYK~*

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

Originally posted by Ellen15
Im all for calling out any politican for words they say/use or even subliminally...

OK then, the 'ads' aside:

Sarah Palin Sticks to Her Guns, and Gun Imagery, in Message to Supporters

"The crossfire is intense, so penetrate through enemy territory by bombing through the press, and use your strong weapons -- your Big Guns -- to drive to the hole. Shoot with accuracy; aim high and remember it takes blood, sweat and tears to win," Palin wrote. In the headline of her update, she mockingly predicted that the message would be "subject to new politically correct language police censorship."

SOURCE

Those are HER WORDS so call her out then.

ETA: For clarity, these words are from 9 months ago and NOT related to recent tragedy. Submitted for context.

edit on 9-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: add content

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It's the shooter's fault, not the person speaking out. That is, not unless a brainwashing conspiracy can be proven and linked to Sarah Palin as the mastermind. And if that's what people think, then I don't want to hear about how Palin isn't anything short of a genius.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

This is one of the people claiming that Palin is behind the ad. The opponents of the 'brainwashing' or 'trigger' theory are making a strawman of it. They forget that it was the SarahPAC organization that approved the message and that it represents interests other than and in addition to Sarah Palin's. These are likely people who think that Sarah Palin is a legitimate political force and is not just a programmed ideological dummy. These are people who do not know or care that she has corporate puppeteers putting their words in her mouth. These corporate masters are the ones behind her permanent election campaign, SarahPAC.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join