It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SarahPac Called for Ariz. Congresswoman to be 'Targeted'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ljtg123
It's not trolling....I am trying to inject some sanity. Where exactly did I derail this thread? Everything I have posted has been in response to something someone else has posted.

Troll Example #1

Sarah Palin and The Tea Party has been "targeted" by the looney left..

Yahoo Headlines right now...

* Gabrielle Giffords: Tea Party Target The Daily Beast via Yahoo! News - 3 hours ago
* Gabrielle Giffords' father: 'The whole Tea Party were her enemies' Daily Telegraph - 3 hours ago
* Obama On Giffords Shooting, Tea Party Sights Were Set, 2nd Suspect Arrested... LAist - 3 hours ago
edit on 8-1-2011 by ljtg123 because: (no reason given)

Troll Example #2

Another lib using the word target... And calling for violence.

Only then, once their rage has been properly stoked, can the angry take action. And when they do, she says, the “protesters need targets.” For Piven, the best “targets” are the people or organizations “capable of making some kind of response to angry demands.” Regular demands, notice, just won’t do. No, people must be fired up and not easily deterred. Angry and not quickly placated. It’s a concoction Piven has seen recently in other countries — countries such as England and Greece, which she uses as models for American unrest:
link

Both Off Topic, hence trolling. I agree with Blupblup.

edit on 8-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

I catch a few minutes of him, a few minutes of rush, and at least here in KC, the afternoon show is live. The hosts are conservative, but moderate, so I consider my self blessed, two guys I could sit down and have a conversation with.

Don't even get me started on Beck, I love history, and what he does to it is unbelievable.

Much like you and I, those of us in the middle need to speak up, we may not agree on the issues entirely, but I bet we could sit down and come up with a plan. The partisan politics is not working for anyone in the country, but the uninformed are screaming too loud for us to fix it, until our voices get louder.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Exactly, it's called compromise, diplomacy, and tact and a lot can be accomplished when it is employed. Unfortunately, they don't make good sound bites or sell tickets to speaking engagements.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

That's the difference between old journalism and the current journalism we have today. Reporters used to be required to get their facts straight and from multiple sources before publicizing news. Today it's who can get the story out first and worry about the facts later.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
First of all you have to realize that Palin is kind've backwoods, I'm sure she's hunted before, etc she is from Alaska....targeting and stuff could really honestly just be part of their nature / her team trying to grab votes from the backcountry folk.

Secondly, I get evil vibes from all sorts of politicans, but Palin is not one of them. I think she is a cute dimwit who is mixed up with the wrong people and has some strange and tainted views, but she is not a masked murderer and does not run assassination groups, seriously, have you ever seen the woman?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I always respected you for being a voice of reason.

Well I have only one voice, my own.

I'm not Anti-anyone really.

But I do see this as worth discussing.... the fact that all these images have been pulled and so on, if they're harmless, leave them up.... freedom of speech/expression and all that?

I always try and look at everything objectively and from every angle.

I always see all sides and looking back over your posts, I can see what you were saying, It seems these "targets" and so on are used by all.... and this is just a sad reflection on your political system and love of guns as a whole.

The whole thing, from all sides, is totally irresponsible.

Not trying to alienate anyone for their political stance and not really having a political affiliation in either my own or your country, I don't have an agenda or my aim is not to "target" (pun intended) anyone at all.... just to highlight issues and stupidity when I see it.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I agree that this at the very least, this post on her page is not meant to suggest anything odd. However...lets look at this another way. Lets say that you are a young mentally troubled individual and you happened to come across this. Is it not conceivable that this individual that did the shooting saw this, and thought he was being commanded to kill the woman? Not that this was likely the intent of the post, of course....but its just fascinating, from a 'how a psychotic mind works' point of view. I would not be surprised if this very post may have been read by him, and he then formed the delusion that he was being commanded to do this. At least its an interesting thought. No way to prove that, unless the kid verifies that himself.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Yes, a very convenient period was left out that makes the reader think both events are related. However, there are two events listed in one day. The first is victory against Gilford, in other words removing her from office (duh!). The second event after that is hanging out with Jesse whatever-his-last-name-is (forget now...) to shoot like many Americans like to do for fun...shooting, paintball, whatever turns you on, you know. It just has nothing to do with winning against Gilford...
She just likes to hang out with Jesse, because she's a strange person anyway

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
To the OP

Sorry but this did NOT come directly from Sarah Palin, she did NOT say that!

This

According to Roger Ebert Tweet:

"This ad was run by Giffords' rightist opponent" and he links his tweet to the Ad (above)

twitter.com...

During his campaign effort to unseat Giffords in November, Republican challenger Jesse Kelly held fundraisers where he urged supporters to help remove Giffords from office by joining him to shoot a fully loaded M-16 rifle. Kelly is a former Marine who served in Iraq and was pictured on his website in military gear holding his automatic weapon and promoting the event

Snippet from the Huffingtonpost Article Re Shooting

NB: This is how the flow of disinformation starts, then goes viral

ADD ON:

Disclaimer:

#1 am not a Sarah Palin Voter or Supporter

#2 If I ever make a comment (which I havent yet in this forum) wanting to see a Beck/Palin Ticket for 2012 its for my own entertainment nothing more

#3 I admit Palin at times does wear nice shoes, if commenting on her shoes labels me a supporter by some of the wacks, so be it lol
edit on 9-1-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Exactly,
this created 'celebrity' known as Sarah Palin is grease on the slide into hell for this country,
and she's in primetime, sickening thousands of minds a day.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

Now don't led facts get in the way of a good Palin bashing fest. Sure, it was an event sponsored and held by Kelly's campaign last June, but who cares. Just repeat after me: Palin bad, Palin bad!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

It's true that this wasn't Palin's doing, but I am not sure that the OP claimed it was. The ad was posted on SarahPAC's website, I presume that they approved of his message (which Wiki says was previously posted on his own website under a photograph of Mr. Kelly carrying an automatic weapon). The subliminal message is really obvious. It's almost so obvious that we go into a state of cognitive dissonance and cannot believe that it is saying what it is saying. It must be a metaphor!

I wonder if the rumours are true, and the new brand of terrorist is going to be disgruntled Americans? The man who flew his plane into the IRS is an earlier example that seems to have been forgotten, is it going to take on a more overtly tea-party oriented vibe? Is the point of the tea party to direct these terroristic/anarchistic sentiments towards meaningless elections, or is the point of the tea party to aggravate anti-government sentiment? Considering its origins as a protest group, it's likely that the GOP wants to repurpose it for both of those goals. Aggravating the base and directing them to vote for Republicans in new clothes seems to be a reasonable GOP goal.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
How ridiculous. Please try this exercise. Google "Obama targets Clinton" with the quotes. See? If Clinton had even been shot at, would you then claim that Obama caused it to happen or that he would have been responsible? Now google "Clinton targets Obama" Wow. Same thing. How about "Murray targets Rossi"

Or how about "Left targets Palin"

Perhaps not but when you present yourself as a pro NRA, gun-toting, moose hunter and talk in euphemisms such as "Don't retreat, instead reload" and "This is just the first salvo..." or "We'll aim for these..." and endorse a poster that has a gun sight representing each politician you wish to remove from government then it takes on a whole different meaning.

It hasn't been proven that the gunman was influenced by this yet but this could be interpreted by some, let's say "less sane than most" people in this world as a message to literally "take out" an opponent.

Considering the offending page from her Facebook account has been removed says volumes.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

It is this kind of foolish commenting by you Moon Bats that further damages your credibility.
Sarah Palin OBVIOUSLY didn't mean go out and grab a gun and shoot this woman! You are a fool if you think it is and you need serious help.

Even just suggesting this is ludicrous!

So every time Pa-LOUSY says Democrats need to target Bush, it means go grab a gun and shoot?

Come on... These articles are LAUGHABLE at best!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Yes! get Palin!! Finally, life may get better!

if that guy attended her site, I believe she is an accomplice
edit on 9-1-2011 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

shoot a fully automatic m16?? wtf has that got to do with anything? why on earth would just those 5 words be in that scentence along with the victims name? odd very very odd and suspicious.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

then why is there reference to a fully loaded m16?? hmmm the words TARGET and FULLY LOADED M16 in the same scentence as the victims name??? WHY?!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Well, I'd like to ask Sarah Palin and Sharon Angle:

Just how is that "reload" and "second amendment remedies" thingy turning out for 'ya?

It would seem some people have forgotten that words have power and the "misuse" of
many words have consequences.

I do hope this incident will serve as a wake up call to those who have "chosen" to disreguard
the implications of the result which their words can bring about.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

This should be moved to the HOAX forum. It is not true.
It was NOT Palin, that wrote this.

Fin.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by volafox

Agree with you 100% There are parents out there who today are mourning the loss of their 9 year old child,most of us probaby cannot imagine what they are going through.So lets all spare a thought for the innocents in this.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join