It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 77
1
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
No problem we would just do sorties from our carriers or from bases from south korea there is no need to invade Taiwan if china takes it over you do a blockade of the island and then bomb it they will starve and die due to the air raids and lack of supplies.


I didn't get my degree from West Point ... just a small University in Southern Illinois. You should know that you do not starve and bomb a country that has been invaded. You kill the good guys along with the bad ones and the liberals would have a hissy fit because of death from friendly fire. The liberals and their enablers, the ACLU, would sue everybody over a death from friendly fire. But.....where are the liberals and the ACLU while Terri Schiavo is being starved to death? AWOL, of course.

BTW, Taiwan does not belong to China - never did.

Chief




posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Um no China maybe more powerful then they were 40 years ago but a new world order controlled by china is not gonna happen, i in some ways disagree with the Iraq war, saddam killed his own people, The US takes over a country and people slowly start to have rights and be treated like humans,

So ask yourself this in the US you pay taxes on what you make, in china The government gives you what they think you need? Do you want that?

Ask yourself this In the US you have a choice to fight in the military or not, China makes you do it. Do you want to be forced in the military or you kids forced in the military?

Ask yourself this Would I rather be put in jail and out in 2 days on bond for being part of a riot, or would you like china to Run over you with a tank?

There are alot of countries in the world that dont want China a Power for the reasons listed above.US does not want china ruling the world So therefore it will never happen, And if China started taking over countries who it sees as Territory and money
You can bet That US,Britain,Japan,Australia,Germany,France,Italy,Canada, and maybe even Russia would have some serious Objections to China taking over Land besides Taiwan. All the Countries listed above have alot to loose if china starts to rule the world so therefore They have alot to gain By sticking together, By sticking together China would have to back down.

Dont get me wrong US does things that many countries do not agree with But A world Ruled by china???? No. No positive things can come of a world ruled by Communists, people need rights.

[edit on 18-3-2005 by zakattack]



posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Originally posted by Broadsword20068
Please do not coin the term "ultra-patriots" as meaning "citizens who judge by ethnic background and not country," meaning that anyone super patriotic about America is going to immediately want to be lynching anyone of Chinese descent if we ever go to war with China.


I was being very general, I was not saying ultra-patriots want to lynch the Chinese (despite the fact many do).

Another question. Do you think the fact that it's China, a rising superpower and America's closest rival in today's world will affect people's perception on the war?


What do you mean? By that I mean, why would China being a potential rival to America affect people's perception of the war?



posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by zakattack
Um no China maybe more powerful then they were 40 years ago but a new world order controlled by china is not gonna happen, i in some ways disagree with the Iraq war, saddam killed his own people, The US takes over a country and people slowly start to have rights and be treated like humans,

So ask yourself this in the US you pay taxes on what you make, in china The government gives you what they think you need? Do you want that?

Ask yourself this In the US you have a choice to fight in the military or not, China makes you do it. Do you want to be forced in the military or you kids forced in the military?

Ask yourself this Would I rather be put in jail and out in 2 days on bond for being part of a riot, or would you like china to Run over you with a tank?

There are alot of countries in the world that dont want China a Power for the reasons listed above.US does not want china ruling the world So therefore it will never happen, And if China started taking over countries who it sees as Territory and money
You can bet That US,Britain,Japan,Australia,Germany,France,Italy,Canada, and maybe even Russia would have some serious Objections to China taking over Land besides Taiwan. All the Countries listed above have alot to loose if china starts to rule the world so therefore They have alot to gain By sticking together, By sticking together China would have to back down.

Dont get me wrong US does things that many countries do not agree with But A world Ruled by china???? No. No positive things can come of a world ruled by Communists, people need rights.

[edit on 18-3-2005 by zakattack]


Yes, China will not control the world. In fact, the whole world will control US soon.

The communist rule in china is much more freedom than the democratic system in the US. China dont kill people for fun, for oil, provoking terrorists.
But US did. US never follows the internation law.US just cannot invade other countries for their own safety of their country, and ignore the international law. Human need rights!

Only US say how they think about their own human right, but they never think of other people's rights.

USA have war with Indians, Mexico, Canada, Chile, Cuba, Philippines, Lebanon, Libya, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Panama, Yugoslavia, Korea, Laos, Vietnam - who will be next? If US can't stop themselves - somebody must stop them. The whole world must stop USA one day. China is not going to do anything about it. China is going to sit there and watch and see what happen to US in the future.

Even with the most powerful technology, is it possible for the US to conquer the whole world? No, its impossible.

Its a waste of time to talk to US people... ..only time can tells.




posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NUKE_BOOOSTER
China dont kill people for fun, for oil, provoking terrorists.


Hmmm, should we asks the people of Tibet? How about your coal miners? What say the ghosts of the Tienneman Square massacre? Scroll through this tread and find the picture of the baby girl lying dead in the gutter as people ignore he and simply walk by??

Im sure all thos emonks under a death sentance fell much better no?

[edit on 3/20/05 by FredT]



posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   


Hmmm, should we asks the people of Tibet? How about your coal miners? What say the ghosts of the Tienneman Square massacre? Scroll through this tread and find the picture of the baby girl lying dead in the gutter as people ignore he and simply walk by??

Im sure all thos emonks under a death sentance fell much better no?


These are political issues. If this happens to US, definitely US will start to kill people. BTW, politics are internal problems, you will never know what happen in the massacre because i were there that time.

Taiwan province belongs to China. Only the minority want to gain independence whereas the others feel proud to be chinese. This is another internal problem again, something that you will never know. Most chinese have families in China and Taiwan, nobody wants to kill their own families or carrying the same blood.

What IF one day, alaska tries to gain independence! On the other hand, another many countries is trying to protect Alaska! Will US allow Alaska to gain independence? I DONT THINK SO!!!!


Read the news today, the WORLD is againt America for the war in IRAQ.

[edit on 20-3-2005 by NUKE_BOOOSTER]



posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Fear China, Inc. 500 are warned here

America's 500 fastest-growing companies, as defined by Inc. magazine, yesterday heard how China is running circles around them and redefining the American way.

www.tucsoncitizen.com...

U.S. Relying More on Foreign Investors

America buys more than it sells and spends more than it earns. So who bankrolls the shortfalls? Foreign investors. The shortfall on all trade and investment income with the rest of the world swelled to an all-time high of $665.9 billion in 2004, according to the Commerce Department.

...Japan, followed by China and then Britain are the biggest holders of Treasury securities.

...If foreign investors were to lose some of their appetite in accumulating dollar-denominated assets at the current rapid rate and unload their holdings, the prices of U.S. stocks and bonds could plunge. And, interest rates — including those for mortgages — could soar.

news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050320/ap_on_bi_ge/foreign_financiers_3

By the looks of it, America can't go to war.

[edit on 20-3-2005 by Odium]



posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
America could survive whatever China could do to America's economy. At this time, I highly doubt China could take what America could do to theirs.



posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That is True most countries are against the US for the Iraq war but If china may take taiwan if it wants But that is the only country they will get,

Right now the nato countries are not in agreement with each other because of the Iraq war but I would be willing to bet my life that if china started to go on a Conquer rampage these nato countries who Are a Democracy would stick together and would give china a major ass woopin

Just because The nato countries didnt back the US on Iraq doesnt mean that they wouldnt Stand side by side with the US in a major conflict with China

So pretty much China needs to mind there place in the world, the rest of the world would not stand for a communists rule taking over the world i would rather The whole world go into Nuclear warfare and we all die instantly or from radiation with in 6 months then have china rule the world

Saddam needed to be removed from power however the US should have waited until the rest the world felt the same way, saddam was not like Binladen, binladen hides behind Fudamentalists Saddam had an army and lots to loose, saddam wouldnt do anything stupid with the whole world watching him,

How can some of you say that China has more freedoms then the US democracy, in USA we have religious rights, In the USA we pay taxes on what we make china gives you what they think you need which isnt very much, In the USA you choose wether you want to serve in the military or not in china they make you, In the USA you dont get Run over by a tank by displaying your dislike for the government,

there are more Democracy Governments with Military might then there are Communists Countries

China and NK would not stand a chance against US,Germany,UK,Italy,France,Sweden,Canada,Australia and my guess is that India would probably step in there to maybe even russia, China would be met with stiff opposition If all Democracy Countries started to feel threatened oh yeah cant forget Japan they would help US to

I saw a post where someone said There is nothing more dangerous to an enemy then a 19 yr old trigger happy american kid with an M4 carbine, so true

[edit on 20-3-2005 by zakattack]



posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NUKE_BOOOSTER


Hmmm, should we asks the people of Tibet? How about your coal miners? What say the ghosts of the Tienneman Square massacre? Scroll through this tread and find the picture of the baby girl lying dead in the gutter as people ignore he and simply walk by??

Im sure all thos emonks under a death sentance fell much better no?


These are political issues. If this happens to US, definitely US will start to kill people. BTW, politics are internal problems, you will never know what happen in the massacre because i were there that time.

Taiwan province belongs to China. Only the minority want to gain independence whereas the others feel proud to be chinese. This is another internal problem again, something that you will never know. Most chinese have families in China and Taiwan, nobody wants to kill their own families or carrying the same blood.


[edit on 20-3-2005 by NUKE_BOOOSTER]


I see you skipped Tibet, what no rhetoric to make the situation sound better ? Your argumants are lame the Chinses have a history of agression, just look at their failed boarder incursions into Vietnam.
Of course there is the torture and murder of the Uighars in NW China. What about Tianamen, what can you say to defend that ?
It seeems the Chinese people have more to fear from their governamtn than outside powers.



posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Rice vows to stand behind the Taiwan Relations Act


US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said in Tokyo Saturday that Washington will continue to stick to its obligation under the Taiwan Relations Act (TRA).

www.taipeitimes.com...



posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
I see you skipped Tibet, what no rhetoric to make the situation sound better ? Your argumants are lame the Chinses have a history of agression, just look at their failed boarder incursions into Vietnam.


STOP.

China needs better Human rights!


China has history of aggression!


Read your history books, the only thing remotely construed as attack on a foreign power is Vietnam. The PLA retreated uninaterally to end the war. And rogue1, i doubt you even know why the war was fought for.

Now, undoubtly you will raise the issue of Tibet again and again. Repeat after me, Tibet was part of China for at least the Qing dynasty that started in 1600's. If you don't believe me,

google images "Qing Dynasty Map"


P.S. These forums involving China are turning into a flame war with little substance. No discussion on how to improve rights in China, no accurate portrayals of history, mostly emotionally charged but often ill informed.

[edit on 21-3-2005 by rapier28]



posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Rice vows to stand behind the Taiwan Relations Act
US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said in Tokyo Saturday that Washington will continue to stick to its obligation under the Taiwan Relations Act (TRA).
www.taipeitimes.com...


LOL.

Taipei Times is just as un-biased and reliable as People's Daily Online.

It of course does not mention that fact that Rice adhered to "One China Principle" before that announcemnet.

Just as People's Daily Online will not report what you have just said.



posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28
Now, undoubtly you will raise the issue of Tibet again and again. Repeat after me, Tibet was part of China for at least the Qing dynasty that started in 1600's. If you don't believe me,


www.artsmia.org...
Ay, Tibet was part of Qing Dynasty. And Mangolia was part of it...
are you saying that People's Republic of China should have the same territory as Qing Dynasty?

But why Qing? Why not this dynasty instead?
www.artsmia.org...

or this one, which actually has a piece of the current Russia?
www.artsmia.org...

oh, and this one, which has a piece of Korea:
www.artsmia.org...



posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
twchang, your argument is really not an argument.

Let me ask you this:

What right does any country have to hold on to any territory?

eg, USA, 1775



What right does the US have to any of it's territory?
What right does Australia have to any of it's territory?

The list goes on my friend.



posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
That is exactly my point. US has whatever it has right now. Australia has whatever it has now. People's Republic of China has whatever it has right now. But it doesn't mean whatever you have right now is yours by right in the future.

If US falls, and another "dynasty" arises, should that dynasty have claim to all the territories of the previous nation? What if California doesn't want to be part of this new "dynasty"? Then surely it is California's right to become its own country.

So what I am basically trying to say is that just because Qing conquered Tibet and "New Territory", it doesn't mean People's Republic of China should have them...although they have them right now. Tibet was an independent country for many years as well, so it could be an independent nation no problem.



posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Sorry but Taiwan is a part of China. It's just a child which always had disobedience problems throughout its life. Since the 1600s, Taiwan had uprisings and everytime, mainland had to send troops and kick its a$$, and this is no exception. Mongolia separated from China in the 1940s from Soviet political and military pressure, it should be a part of China but its probably their own choice as Mongolia is a whole another race of people. Taiwan must be returned to China. US supports the idea of One-China Policy but it is only selling defensive weapons through the TDA act and through the TDA act Taiwan can be protected by the US if US wish so.



posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by twchang
If US falls, and another "dynasty" arises, should that dynasty have claim to all the territories of the previous nation? What if California doesn't want to be part of this new "dynasty"? Then surely it is California's right to become its own country.


Well.. NO.

The U.S has anti-secession laws to prevent that from happening.



posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28

China needs better Human rights!


China has history of aggression!


Read your history books, the only thing remotely construed as attack on a foreign power is Vietnam. The PLA retreated uninaterally to end the war. And rogue1, i doubt you even know why the war was fought for.


The PLA retreated partly because they recieved an absolute beating - up to 25 000 PLA soldiers may have been lost definately more than 10 000. They retreated to try and save some face and trumpet this defeat as a withdrawl because they had taught Vietnam a lesson




Now, undoubtly you will raise the issue of Tibet again and again. Repeat after me, Tibet was part of China for at least the Qing dynasty that started in 1600's. If you don't believe me,

google images "Qing Dynasty Map"


So what a stupid argument as other posters have pointed out. Maybe Germany should retake East Prussia after all that used to be aprt of Germany. Maybe Poland should be split up as it didn't exist 100 years ago. You see how lame your argument is.

You forget ( or didn't know ) that the Tibetans were a distinct group of people not Chinese. I have been to Tibet and seen what the Chinses have done, systematically destroying their culture. I have seen the PLA parade ground in Lhasa which used to be a sacred lake to the Tibetans. The Chinese came in and paved it over - just one step to destroying their culture.
Do you know that Tibetans are now outnumbered in their own country by Han Chinese ' settlers '

PS. Tibet has also become the dumping groung for most of Chinas nuclear waste.



P.S. These forums involving China are turning into a flame war with little substance. No discussion on how to improve rights in China, no accurate portrayals of history, mostly emotionally charged but often ill informed.


You're right, maybe you should think a bit more before you post - that should straight away have a diffrerence in the quality of the threads



posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   

COWlan wrote: Sorry but Taiwan is a part of China. It's just a child which always had disobedience problems throughout its life. Since the 1600s, Taiwan had uprisings and everytime, mainland had to send troops and kick its a$$,


I'm wondering, who writes your propaganda???

Now Taiwan is FREEEE and supposedly "big cheena" cowers in fear of what a little island might do


It's time to worry about other things like lack of freedom in China(the biggest prison farm on Earth)!



new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

log in

join