It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
As usual, I'll expand the topic...

With all the c**p flowing from the Middle East, and the current domestic and world situation, what do you think would be the American homefront/domestic response to an invasion of Taiwan by China?

I am inclinced to say a war with China would be "a war every American can be proud of," simply because of the simplicity of the concept. It's not a multi-faceted situation blending all the contrevorsies of modern civilization (religion, politics, economics, environment, science/technology, society, education, what have you) which is exactly what the Middle East is. Instead, it's a return to the Cold War (Own or be owned), two powerful nations seeing the world two different ways. A true black and white situation.

However, with things the way they are in the world, the response here on the homefront could be real different. Assuming America defends Taiwan (which is most certainly will), how do you think the American people will respond to both China and America's intervention?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
To add onto my previous post, what do you think the American perception of China is? We all know the perception of Arabs via the media and other sources, but Asians have been sort of "low key."

How would this change if China invaded Taiwan and America has to defend Taiwan?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
i wouldnt doubt that we see more action sooner. and i think the US know that, Rice is going to have a addional 12,000 troops in south korea. plus the us is helping s. korea in an attack,of n korea or china.the us is having more bases in eastern asia ,slowly zoneing in on china. an other reason that action sooner is troops have a very thin line over eastern asia,but that wont last for ever. if i was china i would get n korea and russia on their side, attack taiwan now and smack them around a little teach them a lesson. but im not china, so the US better move thier ass and get more carriers and troops in eastern asia,quickly!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by warANALYZER05
i wouldnt doubt that we see more action sooner. and i think the US know that, Rice is going to have a addional 12,000 troops in south korea. plus the us is helping s. korea in an attack,of n korea or china.the us is having more bases in eastern asia ,slowly zoneing in on china. an other reason that action sooner is troops have a very thin line over eastern asia,but that wont last for ever. if i was china i would get n korea and russia on their side, attack taiwan now and smack them around a little teach them a lesson. but im not china, so the US better move thier ass and get more carriers and troops in eastern asia,quickly!

The U.S. not having a strong presence in Asia like we have always had in Europe and the Middle East is that Asia has only presented economic interests, but that's it. In other words, America really has nothing much to gain from Asia, but that's assuming things remain status quo. So if we do go to war with China to liberate Taiwan, it's gonna be primarily conducted by the Marine Corps and Navy.

Now, can anybody respond to my two previous posts?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
if we had to liberate taiwan it would have to be a full out op. china is not going to give up that easy and say hear you go taiwan.US troops would have to try to get in the mainland of china.airforce would take out arsenals.China would be able to take over taiwan in less than a week,Us troops and ship wouldnt be able to even get close to taiwan. then its to late.chinese would own the island.

[edit on 16-3-2005 by warANALYZER05]

[edit on 16-3-2005 by warANALYZER05]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
So, its all about whether who will win whos going to invade who. US being the strogest in term of technology doesnt mean that she is going to be strongest forever. Sometimes american people have to accept the fact that China is indeed catching up and to become the superpower on earth. In another 10 years time, we have new brand world. But, China will never invade any countries, not like US. China never fear of terrorists attack, like the 911 incident. These never happen in China. In fact, China is the safest country on earth.

Taiwan is a province of China. There is no such thing as China invading China. China never wants to attack Taiwan province, just because both side carries the same blood. China will only attack Taiwan province if Taiwan province seeks independence. US the 20th giant, now China is the 21st century giant.

China had been sleeping all these while. now she is fully awaken, and ready for building up for her global economic. She already had gained the regional superpower and soon to becoming the world super power, overtaking US. Nobody can stop this from happening, even US. It would already been ceased if it could long time ago. It is unstoppable and its going to happen. Its a FACT!

The USA is already suffering from high imports from China current, especially textile. Without China, you can see most shops in US are going to close down. The USA, whilst a superpower at present will see its mighty industrial base eroded by China and it will become dependent upon China. There is a new world order coming. You can batten down the hatches and shout as loud as you like but its going to happen. Its a FACT!

PS: Im from UK

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragon slayer19900314

Originally posted by Kent
Who is afraid of the Chinese considering what weaponry we have?Kent,csm

who the fc do u think you are. and tell me why the fc dose U.S. have to get involv with the taiwans. this is our fight and i highly sugest that U.S. dont get in the other nations bussnis or you guys will have a lot of truble

o yah one more thing
do you know wut we have?????

i guess not. so y dont you shut your fat mouth and go fc your self

Cool down buddy, they are just being childish.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
As the saying goes, if US attack China or a foot into Taiwan province without a verified visa by China, thats consider an invasion by US. China have the right to fight back and into the US continent.

[edit on 17-3-2005 by NUKE_BOOOSTER]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by NUKE_BOOOSTER
or a foot into Taiwan province without a verified visa by China, thats consider an invasion by US. China have the right to fight back and into the US continent.

Right :shk: guess I committed a "act of war" when I visted eh?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   

or a foot into Taiwan province without a verified visa by China, thats consider an invasion by US. China have the right to fight back and into the US continent.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

No, you dont, but make sure you carry a proper china visa. I dont think you need to ask this most fundamental question. How would i enter US without a passport, isnt that ridiculous!!

BTW, American people, GROW UP!!
Keep on attacking and killing people will only intensify the hatred among people. Had you ever thought why the worst terrorist attack occur in USA?!! Think it yourself, we want world peace. Why not you!

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   

No, you dont, but make sure you carry a proper china visa. I dont think you need to ask this most fundamental question. How would i enter US without a passport, isnt that ridiculous!!

Perhaps I do not need a Chinese visa as Taiwan is its own nation? Thats kind of like getting a French visa to go to Spain.

Face it Taiwan grows less and less part of China eacy day. They had a chance to show they could make things work but botched it in Hong Kong :shk:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
So can anybody answer my question? I'm doing some research and I'd like to know the domestic American response to an invasion of Taiwan by China.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
domestic response?

majority of people don't care

small portion want US to attack China

other small portion want peace

they protest in DC, NY, SF, etc

no matter who's in the WH or what he does, the opposing party will say what he did is #ty and should have done some other way.

depending on the if and when of the not very probably invasion, US probably will not intervene.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
What do you think will be the response towards the Chinese as a race and ethnicity? What kind of insults, if any, are we gonna be hearing from the ultra-patriots about the Chinese?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
well if if your chinese and we go to war with them,its going to suck!

well thats with any war,muslim in this war with iraq.germans during wwII,ext.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
What do you think will be the response towards the Chinese as a race and ethnicity? What kind of insults, if any, are we gonna be hearing from the ultra-patriots about the Chinese?

Please do not coin the term "ultra-patriots" as meaning "citizens who judge by ethnic background and not country," meaning that anyone super patriotic about America is going to immediately want to be lynching anyone of Chinese descent if we ever go to war with China.

As for a response, it'll be the same as Iraq's, most likely. You'll have the gung-ho types, the hardcore liberals, those saying we're only helping Taiwan for economic and military reasons (but what's wrong with that in itself, though I do believe in helping Taiwan for freedom), probably lots of nations saying Bush or whomever is a war mongerer, etc....

I personally do not consider Taiwan a part of China. China was won by the Communist party in the 1940s, and the other party retreated to Taiwan. They formed their own country essentially, on a separate island. Only the current Chinese gov't, right afterwards, claimed that, "No, Taiwan is not any separate island nation from China, it is part of the People' Republic of China."

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Perhaps I do not need a Chinese visa as Taiwan is its own nation? Thats kind of like getting a French visa to go to Spain.

When I went to Taiwan I had to bring a Chinese visa. They would never have let me in without one...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Broadsword20068
Please do not coin the term "ultra-patriots" as meaning "citizens who judge by ethnic background and not country," meaning that anyone super patriotic about America is going to immediately want to be lynching anyone of Chinese descent if we ever go to war with China.

I was being very general, I was not saying ultra-patriots want to lynch the Chinese (despite the fact many do).

Another question. Do you think the fact that it's China, a rising superpower and America's closest rival in today's world will affect people's perception on the war?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well I think we will fight as America cares nothing about shooting itself in the foot to save it's leg.

We are Great about stepping in and worrying later about where the dust settles, but I don't think China will do anything.

What is going on is China has been known to stir things up and turn and get in line, just like everyone else.

I am sure that is what will happen. They just want to see what we will support. They need Taiwan just like it is. Go figure.

[edit on 3/18/2005 by bodebliss]

new topics

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join