It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Rogue1, you are an ignorant person.

This will be the last i will post to you.

You arguments are flawed to the very deepest.

1) You claim that Tibetan's are different to Chinese.

Are you suggesting that Americans are the same as Red Indians, perhaps Hispanics? Go look at the map i posted earlier. Why don't you give California back to Mexico or the Spanish?

What about Guam, are you suggesting that the people of Guam are Anglo White? For your information, Guam composes of majority of Ethinic Chinese, mabye you should give Guam back to China? Or Hawaii, Do Hawaiians look white to you?

2) You Claim that China dumps nuclear waste in Tibet.

Even if that were true, as an American, you hardly have the right to lecture other people on Nukes.

NAGASAKI & HIROSHIMA, Who are the only ones to ever use nukes on Civilians

3)

from Rogue1
Do you know that Tibetans are now outnumbered in their own country by Han Chinese ' settlers

Do you know that Red American Indians are outnumbered by White People in they own country?

-----

I will be surprised if you can answer to any point that i raised above. You are a sad, sad person. I do not like to get confrontational in this forum, however you, my friend, take the cake in ignorance.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
It's time to worry about other things like lack of freedom in China(the biggest prison farm on Earth)!

Bodebliss, the fundamental human right is not freedom of speech. It is food, water, shelter and clothes.

China has done more to reduce poverty than any other country in the world. Don't get me wrong, i'am not saying that the political oppression is right but that will eventually change, the change would happen internally as it is the Chinese way.

Read this post that i posted before;
China and Poverty

Just remember this, China has existed for over 5000 years. It has existed when other empires such as the Romans, Egyptians, Assyrians, Babylonians have all come and gone.

The reason is simple, China has never sought to expand to Europe or Asia. When Columbus was exploring, China was too, except China only went to trade and not to expand or settle.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28
Rogue1, you are an ignorant person.

This will be the last i will post to you.

You arguments are flawed to the very deepest.

Ok, well if it makes you feel better to say it, fine. It does show a lack of control though

1) You claim that Tibetan's are different to Chinese.

Are you suggesting that Americans are the same as Red Indians, perhaps Hispanics? Go look at the map i posted earlier. Why don't you give California back to Mexico or the Spanish?

What about Guam, are you suggesting that the people of Guam are Anglo White? For your information, Guam composes of majority of Ethinic Chinese, mabye you should give Guam back to China? Or Hawaii, Do Hawaiians look white to you?

Blah Blah Blah, I'm not American. As you raised the points though are you saying that it was ok for the Americans to do what they did ? That seems to be what your saying that 2 wrongs make a right.
An extrmely poor argument if that's how you are trying to justify your statements.

2) You Claim that China dumps nuclear waste in Tibet.

Yep, they do

NAGASAKI & HIROSHIMA, Who are the only ones to ever use nukes on Civilians

You can be damn sure that if the Chinese had had them they would have used them without a second thought.

3)

from Rogue1
Do you know that Tibetans are now outnumbered in their own country by Han Chinese ' settlers

Do you know that Red American Indians are outnumbered by White People in they own country?

This has happened over hundreds of years in far less enlightened times. Was it right , no.
The Chinese have done what they have to Tibet and it's people only in the last 50 years. The Chinese invade a sovereign country and have enslaved its people ever since.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Very little countries in the world recognize Taiwan's independance, infact I don't even know any outside of USA and maybe Japan but I don't know. Who writes my propaganda? Who writes your propaganda?

Sorry but don't ever bring up the Tibet thing again. Tibet is a part of China just like any state is to America. Yes, some Tibet freedom fighters lossed their lives but quite a lot of Southern American lossed theirs too from the civil war? Am I not correct? Is it not right that the North had to go to war to prevent the South from gaining independance?

Don't write like America doesn't have any problems, America does and they have just as many. Just go and look at your innercity high schools, metal detectors, guns, security guards, knives and gangs..........the list just goes on. Look at how many millions of African Americans were abused and rid of their basic rights. Look at how many millions of aboriginals you killed directly and indirectly. Go to Alabama and look at the KKK activities, the white supremacist and I can't believe you people even allow KKK or Neo Nazi websites to be even established.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
rapier28,
The increase of wealth of the 200 million favored city dwellers does not justify the downtrodden 100 million migrant workers and barred 800 million rural poor who still ache and burn for a piece of the pie.

If that's prosperity you can have it.

It sounds more like a powder keg ready to explode.

We have a saying, 'You don't need a dictator to make the trains run on time.'

It's not the same China as 5000 yrs ago. That China is a fairy tale. That's like saying the Celtic descendents of Ireland are the same Celts who ruled all of Europe from 8,000 BC to 250 BC.

You forget the the two book burning Emporers:

Qin Shi Huangdi and Mao

What a disgrace.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

rapier28,
The increase of wealth of the 200 million favored city dwellers does not justify the downtrodden 100 million migrant workers and barred 800 million rural poor who still ache and burn for a piece of the pie.

Bodebliss, if you bothered to read my link from the United Nations.

You will see that it deals with Rural Poor.

Point out to me where in my link where it says city dwellers.

DENY IGNORANCE

[edit on 23-3-2005 by rapier28]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Bodebliss your idiotic, Mao is not an emporer because the modern CCCP period is not a dynasty. Even a TWese should know that.

How is China a fairytale? Fairytales don't exist, China does. China through out our 5000 years of recorded history is more or less of the same race (Han) and basically we were the only country on earth to absorb the conquorers (do not mind the spelling).

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan
Very little countries in the world recognize Taiwan's independance, infact I don't even know any outside of USA and maybe Japan but I don't know. Who writes my propaganda? Who writes your propaganda?

Sorry but don't ever bring up the Tibet thing again. Tibet is a part of China just like any state is to America. Yes, some Tibet freedom fighters lossed their lives but quite a lot of Southern American lossed theirs too from the civil war? Am I not correct? Is it not right that the North had to go to war to prevent the South from gaining independance?

Don't write like America doesn't have any problems, America does and they have just as many. Just go and look at your innercity high schools, metal detectors, guns, security guards, knives and gangs..........the list just goes on. Look at how many millions of African Americans were abused and rid of their basic rights. Look at how many millions of aboriginals you killed directly and indirectly. Go to Alabama and look at the KKK activities, the white supremacist and I can't believe you people even allow KKK or Neo Nazi websites to be even established.

So what are you saying becuase America has done these things it's ok for China to do the same ? Two wrongs DO NOT make a right, my friend. Next you'll be saying it's ok to exterminate a few million people because the Nazi's did.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Personally, i think the issues of Tibet and Taiwan are easily solved. Tibet should be granted limited autonomy much like Scotland.

Taiwan should be granted total autonomy, able to do anything they want including keeping a military except that Beijing would control foreign policy.

All this would depend on Hong Kong, Beijing could score huge brownie points by allowing universal suffrage in Hong Kong. It would eliminate the ammunition from independence forces in Taiwan and solve one of the World's biggest flashpoints.

[edit on 24-3-2005 by rapier28]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I am for Taiwan independent thinking and I am sure there are alot of people in Taiwan who would choose that before independence, but I also think it is up to the Taiwanese to decide their fate

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I am for Taiwan independent thinking and I am sure there are alot of people in Taiwan who would choose that before independence, but I also think it is up to the Taiwanese to decide their fate

That is simply impossible.

Full Autonomy or the status quo is the best that Taiwan can hope for without triggering a war. It is a case of give and take.

Even in a democracy we don't always get what we want. Heck, my party hasn't being in power for 4 terms.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28

Even in a democracy we don't always get what we want. Heck, my party hasn't being in power for 4 terms.

Just as well, we'd be living in a Banana Republic by now. Seriously though look who the past leaders of your party have been, men of average intelligence at best.
Even now fatman Beazly doesn't stand a chance

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I think Taiwan does want independence and the Chicoms have no right to threaten it with Military retaliation! China just wants Taiwan for its economical incentives. And someone said earlier about how we allow KKK and Neo-Nazi websites, all I have to Say is Freedom Of Speech China might want to look up what that means because I don't think they know.

[edit on 24-3-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hmm,

Would that include the Wayco Incident. Where was free speech then? How about the Native Americans which the Americans Attempted to wipe out, OR the American Civil War.

China is merely doing what it believes is right, that it wishes to bring a rogue state back to the nation, the same way if CA was to break away from the US. I might not agree with it, but I can see their reasoning.

Americans do not dicate how the rest of the world should act, at the moment, that is what the US is doing, how does that make the US any different from the Soviets during the cold war that dicated to their related states. How could you denie that the US is acting like a "dicatorship" to the rest of the world?

::shrugs::
- PHil

[edit on 24-3-2005 by gooseuk]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The U.S. is not "dictating" to the rest of the world how it should act but merely protecting people freedoms and liberties. And every country has to develop and molded into what it should be, no country can be created perfect. So your Native American and Civil War theme don't mean a think to me today in the 21st Century where thought and views about life, liberty, and freedom are drastically different than 100 or 200 years ago.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
What if some countries want to remain with in a "commie" structure with a dicatorship etc, the US's view of freedom will not be the same as some one from sibera or from germany or france, by imposing your views of freedom and your views of political make up, you are dicating to the rest of the countries how they should be, based on YOUR yard stick, that is dicating.

You can look it up if you wish.

I do not know the political wishes of the people of Taiwan, but that in my view is an internal matter, until the nation or state of taiwan asks for assistance from the United Kingdom. Until then my view is as above, an Internal matter.

- Phil

[edit on 24-3-2005 by gooseuk]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The Dictatorship and Communist or Fascist regimes all have fallen in history, why? Simple because people do not like to be governed in that way. If you look at the people in modern and advanced societies and countries are all governed in a democratic way of life. People who are not living in democratic countries do not have a good standard of living. This correlation is very clear.

Taiwan is currently training its forces with the U.S. and is buying U.S. military systems, if they did not want to they wouldn't. This to me suggest that they are afraid of a Chinese aggression and are working with the U.S. to defend themselves.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Based on your reply, should we expect the US to fail also then, when other nations on the planet, get fed up with the US's demands or views?

As for Taiwan, I have already stated my view, if the Taiwanese ask the United Kingdom for assistance if the Chinese did invade, and the the powers that be said we would help, I for one would do my duty, but I do not feel the need for the US to put its nose into every single situation on the planet and dicate terms, thats how you create enemies.

Taiwan ask for arms? I don't see your point, the Rebels in Iraq are arming themselves, they are afraid of the US and UK forces in place, your point means zip, every one is afriad of some thing, and every one will prepare themselves to help defend themselves. By your point if you say that by you arming the Taiwanese, in China's view you are no better than the Iraqi rebels being supplied by russian arms dealers.

- Phil

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The United States in not a dictatorship or communist country so no by my point of view it will not fall.
And Taiwan is a country it is buying it arms for defense only and it is not attacking China. The Insurgent want arms to cause trouble and kill innocent people. So your comparison is not correct.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Any Weapon can be used in an offensive manner.

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join