It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 32
1
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
my point was WAYYYYYY over here. In other words you missed it. The US HAS ponyed up and said it's MEA CULPAS the US ackowledges it's treatment of the Indians and has done what it could to fix things. Is it perfect HELL NO but ...China and it's propagandists refuse to even admit China has done anything wrong ....ever. The US's dirty laundry is there for all to see not being revised by the likes of Winston "Zcheng" Smith.






Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Originally posted by Apollyon
non sequitor mean anything to you? In other words WTF does Tiananmen have to do with Indians ? I never said that a great many Indians didn't get a raw deal 100+ years ago ? They got over it and moved on.


So you're saying because it happened 100+ years ago, we should just say hey, it was nothing!

40 years from now, you'd probably still be screaming about Tiananmen Square considering you are so hell-bent on exploiting flaws in China's history. You know what they say, those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

"They got over it and moved on?" Are you okay? So you're saying if somebody drives your way of life and almost your entire culture to extinction, one should just say "What are complaining about? Let's lose and let them take what's ours."??

That makes no sense, sorry.



E_T

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
hahaha you must be one of the few people who could possible believe that. How many stormtroopers were beaten to death by the crowd ?
Don't forget that every dictatorship government have department for brainwashin... or was it "official truth".

Even over decade after collapse of Soviet system lot of country's people are still full of soviet-era brainwashing.



posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
School is now in session.
Indian Casinos like Turning Stone in upstae NY are popular because they are NOT Las Vegas. Do you wanna fly 3k mile to play Blackjack or Craps or do you want to drive a few miles and hand your filthy lucre to a freindly tribal casino. If you follow the link you will see how much $ they generate. The Vegas Casinos HATE the tribes because they are everywhere you don't need to fly you just hop in the car and gamble till your broke. The casino that just opened in Maitta KS is huge and well apointed. You really need to learn more about Indians go here Sherri Whitefeather she has some good info but she strongly down plays the casinos etc.

Indians in the US have special status they do no pay tax etc ...do the Tibetans get any "perks". Has China given them special rights hell has China even alowwed them to practice ther own religion?






Originally posted by zcheng

Originally posted by Apollyon
Ever been to the midwest? Didn't think so. Ever been to a res? Didn't think so. Yeah there is still poverty among the Indian population, but there are poor white folks too. Ever been to an Indian smoke shop? The Indians got a raw deal but now they take advantange of there status. Casinos are HUGE cash cow's there entire tribes of wealthy Indians because of this ....how many Tibetans have benifited from there status.
Ironicly Indians are more patriotic than most other groups and many serve in the military how many Tibetans JOIN the PLA??? You show a profound ignorance of the real status quo in the US. You are also in blatent denial about the fundamental flaws of China.


I have been to Cherokee Reservation. I never see the prosperity of Native Indian you attributed. Can you provide information on their income like $100,000 for each person because of their right of Casino.

Where will you go when you want to go to a Casino. Las Vegas!

Are the hotels, casinos in Las Vegas owned by Native Indians? No!

So please provide income information to support your claim that Native Indians benefited from their previledge, and show how many Casinos are owned by Native Indians. Otherwise, your claims are bogus!

Tibetan, and minority nationalities in China have priviledge than the Han majority. There is no birth control for minority. Every year resources are moved to Tibet to help developing the economy.



posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollyon
WAYYYYYY over here. In other words you missed it. The US HAS ponyed up and said it's MEA CULPAS the US ackowledges it's treatment of the Indians and has done what it could to fix things. Is it perfect HELL NO but ...China and it's propagandists refuse to even admit China has done anything wrong ....ever. The US's dirty laundry is there for all to see not being revised by the likes of Winston "Zcheng" Smith.


I still find no reason to down play what we did.

China doesn't recognize what it's done because, it's China. They are that kind of a country. What do you expect from a nation that steals other nations "items" and takes it as their own. That's all they did in the ancient days and they still do that to a certain extent today.

Wow, I didn't know America and China had so much in common.



posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The US admits when its wrong.



posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollyon
The US admits when its wrong.


Yes... if it has little to lose.

I'm sure there's tons of things the U.S. would rather not admit because of the tidal waves that could come of such revelations.



posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
the US admited bio warfare expairaments on it's own citizens (non leathal but that's not the point). The US even fessed up to things like the Tuskegee expairament.



posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
redflag:::


The USA is wrong

""""Most of the American does't know about chinese,They know chinese through their medias such as newspaper and TV, They don't know how important it was that Taiwan means to China . It is all chinese wish to reunited Taiwan to mainland oneday in the future.
Some American people worry about the war between the China an USA. I tell you this will never happen if Unitedstates won't interfere with the Taiwan affair. But if USA wanted to protect Taiwan. The war is inevitable. China has never show aggression toward another people and nation. we has only respond to their attacks. If the war is began.In order to defend our sovereighty, All chinese will ready to sacrifice for the war. we don't afraid to engage in thermonuclear war. In that way , both China and USA will be destroyed.
we don't understand why American so likely to interfere with other county's affair. we don't understand that in history of USA, why the north did not allow the south to go independent? """"



be4 i ask u what the hell ur talking about with the usa civil war, id like to point out, that ok, all of u chinese are ready to bring taiwan back to China, but do u really think the U.N is going to let China launch a massive invasion, possibly killing millions of people? Sure ud say something like, go ahead, China can take them, but imagine a massive coalition of the U.N, and if China launched nukes! the world would end in a heartbeat. and im positive the U.S would help taiwan, becuz u see how we love to promote democracy here. we wouldnt allow a democratic country to fall to COMMUNISM of ALL THINGS! please... plus. i love how every 1 always posts thing about China's military (or North koreas military when ur on that post)but never the U.S'. Everyone always trys to downplay the U.S armed forces somehow.......... ANYWAY.. back to what u said about u not understanding why we wouldnt let the south go? well first of all, it was about half of our country-not one tiny island. second, communism is bad, and democracy is good. thats obvious. There is no reason to attack Taiwan after 50 years-it will bring about nothing. look, i see ur point, so what if the usa lost the civil war and the north fled to manhatten island, and lived there. sure, ok-china had a right to invade taiwan and crush the rest of the resistance while they were in the civil war with them, but they let them go or w.e. so getting back to my hypothetical theory here if the north fled to manhatten and lived there till about 1914, i believe thats about 50 years later, then why the hell should the south invade them if theyve lived like this for so long. its stupid, just like China has no business in invading Taiwan 50+ years after there civil war thing ended.



posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
[edit on 24-9-2004 by imAMERICAN]



posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by imAMERICAN




and im positive the U.S would help taiwan, becuz u see how we love to promote democracy here. we wouldnt allow a democratic country to fall to COMMUNISM of ALL THINGS!

communism is not bad, is only shown as bad in films. thank you very much mr pentagon! also they dont use comunism, they use a rip off version basically its maoism.



posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
only works in theory when sequestered from our baser motives



Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by imAMERICAN




and im positive the U.S would help taiwan, becuz u see how we love to promote democracy here. we wouldnt allow a democratic country to fall to COMMUNISM of ALL THINGS!

communism is not bad, is only shown as bad in films. thank you very much mr pentagon! also they dont use comunism, they use a rip off version basically its maoism.


E_T

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
communism is not bad, is only shown as bad in films. thank you very much mr pentagon! also they dont use comunism, they use a rip off version basically its maoism.
When carried out like it's theory goes it would have some better sides than this economic anarchy called capitalism.


But in all applications of it by today it has been used as tool for getting power and opressing people by twisting and distorting things for benefit of ruling elite.
(not that it would differ from this western capitalistic democracy)

www.politicalcompass.org...



posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollyon
only works in theory when sequestered from our baser motives

not totaly true but i see what you mean, i like comunism and am not secluded from my basic emotions, i can just control some of them.



posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by E_T
When carried out like it's theory goes it would have some better sides than this economic anarchy called capitalism.
yeah i se what you mean, still it is the dream to aim for like. i mean total peace no countries ,no money.


MrZ

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by imAMERICAN
be4 i ask u what the hell ur talking about with the usa civil war, id like to point out, that ok, all of u chinese are ready to bring taiwan back to China, but do u really think the U.N is going to let China launch a massive invasion, possibly killing millions of people? Sure ud say something like, go ahead, China can take them, but imagine a massive coalition of the U.N, and if China launched nukes! the world would end in a heartbeat. and im positive the U.S would help taiwan, becuz u see how we love to promote democracy here. we wouldnt allow a democratic country to fall to COMMUNISM of ALL THINGS! please... plus. i love how every 1 always posts thing about China's military (or North koreas military when ur on that post)but never the U.S'. Everyone always trys to downplay the U.S armed forces somehow.......... ANYWAY.. back to what u said about u not understanding why we wouldnt let the south go? well first of all, it was about half of our country-not one tiny island. second, communism is bad, and democracy is good. thats obvious. There is no reason to attack Taiwan after 50 years-it will bring about nothing. look, i see ur point, so what if the usa lost the civil war and the north fled to manhatten island, and lived there. sure, ok-china had a right to invade taiwan and crush the rest of the resistance while they were in the civil war with them, but they let them go or w.e. so getting back to my hypothetical theory here if the north fled to manhatten and lived there till about 1914, i believe thats about 50 years later, then why the hell should the south invade them if theyve lived like this for so long. its stupid, just like China has no business in invading Taiwan 50+ years after there civil war thing ended.


I don't think the UN can do anything about it, since China has veto power in the UN, so the US will have to do it. Just because the South is a bigger part of your country than Taiwan is to China, does not mean China should just let Taiwan go, your reasoning is completely biased. Also, technically the PRC and ROC are still in a state of civil war, there was no document signed to end the war and during the 50 years, China has consistantly claimed Taiwan(ROC has consistantly claimed mainland China, upto 1991), if it didn't and just suddenly started to claim it now, then your 50 years argument could work.PRC back in the 50s, just didn't have the capability to invade because they didn't have anything, only fishing boats
, but now they are preparing for it, because they have the capability. I think these days, the US interfere with other nations too much, trying to promote "democracy", each country is different, you can not assume that they all would want democracy, just because the US want it, and simply try to impose US ideology on them. It's probably because the collapse of the USSR, now the US has focused its attention on others.

Originally posted by imAMERICAN
second, communism is bad, and democracy is good. thats obvious

....unbelievable....i have no comment on this......

[edit on 25-9-2004 by MrZ]



posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrZ
I think these days, the US interfere with other nations too much, trying to promote "democracy", each country is different, you can not assume that they all would want democracy, just because the US want it, and simply try to impose US ideology on them. It's probably because the collapse of the USSR, now the US has focused its attention on others.


Unfortunately MrZ you are right on this IMO. Demacracy as percieved by the West is not compatible with different cultures.

"second, communism is bad, and democracy is good. thats obvious"
....unbelievable....i have no comment on this......

Well, you can't really call the Chinese economy these days as communist. Even MrZ and zcheng would have to agree that capitalist reforms over the last 20 years have increased Chinas wealth dramatically.



posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist


Well, you can't really call the Chinese economy these days as communist. Even MrZ and zcheng would have to agree that capitalist reforms over the last 20 years have increased Chinas wealth dramatically.

couldnt realy call it comuniusm in the firrst place.



posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
China is meddling in Taiwans affairs is it not?

oh yeah and it is messing with Hong Kongs govt.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We don't admit Taiwan is an independent country,and Hongkong is not either(is under control).Don't say Taiwanese have rights to be independent.If any state of US want to leave,will you say they have freedom?America want China be weaker and weaker,and think Taiwan's independence will help realize its hope.I can say ,even if China were capitalism,America would also do that.



posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
soo the wars being going on for 50 YEARS and its only going to come back now, because it took china that long to get a military capable (which they styl dont have by the way) of invading Taiwan.



posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
One thing's for sure. Any type of fighting between the U.S. and China will be small and they'll get over it quickly.

U.S. and China will be around for a LONG time.



new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

log in

join