It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The Chinese communist government brought many good and bad things to China. I am Chinese. Before the communists came which was like 70 years ago, my family was rich, we had a giant estate and quite a lot of land but after the communists came and started the revolution, they took away all of our land, house, money, art and killed my great grand father, my grandpa's brother and lured the other one of my grandpa's brother away to join the army. I hate them for that, for the next 40 years, my family was continually threatened, beat, dishonoured and offended. Only two of the eight children of my grandfather's was allowed to go to school and my dad made it into university. Universities were closed for thirty or fourty years I think.

The knowledge revolution in the seventies basically made China sit and play with their thumb for ten years and killed like one or two hundred thousand people, no, there was no military killing people, citizens were accusing each other for things like you did not sing a particular song this morning and you did not swear oath to Maozedong this morning and then sent to the streets to be embarrassed and often beat to death by people on the streets.

In the fifties, there was famine and Maozedong didn't want western help so he isolated China and ten million people died.

Those are basically the bad things communists did to us. But there are also many good points. The civil war between KMT and Communists destroyed the Kingdom of China and washed out the superstitious old China. I don't know if any of you have heard of the century of Shame but every Chinese should know, it was the last century of the Qing Dynasty. We were often invaded and looded by european countries, we were tired from the many wars we fought and the european countries asked us for humongous amounts of gold and silver for DAMAGING their equipments during their invasions.....How stupid is that? We paid them anyways and the payments crushed our economy. All this ended when the Communists and the KMTs fought.

In the nineties China was advancing at an extremely fast pace, millions of people made millions of yuans because well, corruption. That is why so many Chinese people are so rich but they are fixing those problems now. The communists did not investigate the people who made tons of money through corruption because when a person has money, they want more and when you can't do the bribing thing anymore, you start your business and try the good old tradtitional money making through business again. That made China grow even faster.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by mad scientist

Oh OK, what about the supression of the people and totalitarianism of the Government

thats not what comunism is, just a side note.

Don't twist what I said, include my whole quote. You have taken it out of context.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
china sucks there military sucks all they got are troops. they are way behind technologically. and they are evil communists that should be destroyed

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Don't twist what I said, include my whole quote. You have taken it out of context.

im not twisting what you said im using it as an exsample of how china is NOT a comunisnt country
i never pointed out to you im just saying to the any one that willing to listen to me that comunism doesnt opresss people and yeah i actually DO agree with you on the whole economy and individual rights thing.

"china sucks there military sucks all they got are troops. they are way behind technologically. and they are evil communists that should be destroyed"
thier military is getting quite advanced BTW though it is miles behind any of the top countries , iwont list them, it is still getting advanced. they made a copy of the F16 called it the J10 now to backward engineer an F16 does take a little bit of knowledge and they have some decent tanks but most are crap but they got lots of em. thier troops yeah they got loads but one marine "troop" against an oposing force 5 times its size is still bad odds for the marines in that "troop".
secondly they aint comunists they're a copy of russia which was a twisted version of comunism.

[edit on 16-10-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

Originally posted by longbow
Just after WWII - Korea, Tibet, India, Russia, Vietnam.

You mean China interfered with the internal affairs of above nations? Go back to kindergarden and start all over again.

I dont need to get back to kindergarten though! Im an Indian and I KNOW China supplies insurgents in our North eastern states. Same with the maoists in Nepal.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by konartis96
china sucks there military sucks all they got are troops. they are way behind technologically. and they are evil communists that should be destroyed

I think they are good enough to beat almost any country, maybe would lose only to US or Russia

Daedalus, why you think your own country is in the "Axis of Evil"?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by poirot
I think they are good enough to beat almost any country, maybe would lose only to US or Russia

depends if they could get thier troops thier but yeah. he he imagine them being stuck like the nazis in WW2 cant cross a small peice of water.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
i aint from china. i would never go there.it sucks.and they are to overpopulated

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
why does it suck?
yeah its over populated but why does it suck?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

i aint from china. i would never go there.it sucks.and they are to overpopulated

Looks pretty spectacular to me:

Honestly what is the average age of the general visitor to these forums?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Lucretius you cant just show the good bits of china i can do that with any country.
also what has age got anything to do with this?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
with age comes understanding...

and of course I don't want to come across as a tourist representative... however I still want to present the case that some people don't really have a clue what they are talking about.

I'm not just going to say... oh your wrong and then procede to show images that agree with him... of course there is bad with the good, as with any country.

with 50% of the population living on only around $1000 a year, obviously things have room to improve, though negativity like the aforementioned example is probably not the best way to go about it...

Not to say constructive critisism is not appreciated

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucretius
with age comes understanding...

yes and? i understand things some 40 year olds dont grasp. just cause you have age doesnt mean you understand it all.

and of course I don't want to come across as a tourist representative... however I still want to present the case that some people don't really have a clue what they are talking about.

yes and? your point is caller?

I'm not just going to say... oh your wrong and then procede to show images that agree with him... of course there is bad with the good, as with any country.

yes and showing these doeesnt prove anything really. its his opinion realy.

with 50% of the population living on only around $1000 a year, obviously things have room to improve, though negativity like the aforementioned example is probably not the best way to go about it...

yeah we need to improve our health system and military here.

Not to say constructive critisism is not appreciated

yeah critism makes you notice things.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
well i only hate their government it sucks communism does not work. there government killed there own people thats evil. and now they are trying to use force for taiwan just let them go its only a little island.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
you need to distinguish between a government and the people living under it...

at the end of the day... people are people

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

well i only hate their government it sucks communism does not work. there government killed there own people thats evil. and now they are trying to use force for taiwan just let them go its only a little island.

yeah comie doesnt work but they aint comeis BTW
yeah but if one islnad can do it why cant the other ones that want to break away, i dont just mean islands.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by poirot

Daedalus, why you think your own country is in the "Axis of Evil"?

Well confusing isnt it?
I foresee a new block which the Russians are actually politically pursuing whcih will stand up to the US and NATO forces in the west.The Russians also want to include the Iranians for some vague reason

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
1000 dollars can make you buy a lot more in China than in America as cheap diners would only cost 30 cents for a delicious breakfast, essential items are MANY MANY times cheaper in China so with 1000 dollars you could survive but with 1000 dollars in America you would probably die on the street from hunger.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
yeah true. and if china invaded taiwan then i think the states will try to stop them and that will lead to war. but i dont think the states will try and invade china just stop them from invading taiwan.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
TOTAL invasion on China is impossible. It would take ten times the planes that US has to have air dominance over the entire China. US planes would simply crash because they ran out of fuel in the middle of the flight because China is too big in Any way, political influence, economically, geographically and population wise. China is not like WWII or Iraq, China is bigger than the entire europe plus together, Its about 100 times of Iraq at least. A war would make China lose a LITTLE bit of population but 2 million people to us is like a drop of water in a whole water dam.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join