It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor: Hoax

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
the mass and polarity of electrons would have to be the same in 1999 as 2036 for his little device to work, can you at least agree with that ?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I would agree with that. I would think outside the box too - and suggest that our understanding of electrons might be drastically different. Measurements, hypothesis', and new discoveries/capabilities are always renewing themselves within Science. However unlikely something seems, Science (more than any other sector) cannot rule it out. Possibility is only relative to your current understanding surely? Do you have an understanding for the year 2038?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranoia
Do you have an understanding for the year 2038?

Of course he does, he says that certain things won't be happening by then so either he himself is a time traveler or he's talking about things he can't truly understand.

Honestly I don't care if he chooses to avoid the whole purpose of my posts. I am no doctor and made no claims anywhere to be able to refute the science issues Dr. Brown addressed. But neither of those points means anything to the "debunker of nonsense". He chooses to try to win battles built on a playing field of his design instead of addressing what originally posted. Quite honestly that is an immature approach to debate. I have no time to discuss things with people who have closed minds. It's pointless. One must accept that we know almost nothing about our world, universe, dimension, etc. for us to have any hope or evolving and getting off this planet (gotta love Bill Hicks!) It’s all just a ride. Enjoy it.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
It does not matter if he was a hoax or not: check this web site out, you might be in for a shock.

cu.convio.net...

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Now i have read most of titors claims, but havent been botherd reading this whole thread of people bickering over small claims he made like not mentioing current world events etc.
I think that anyone who does believe titor is either empty and looking for something to believe, or dont have a clue about time travel.
Now as to say that titor was right, and in the forseeable future we are able to travel into the past, do you think that would EVER let someone who is a sercuity risk like titor through? or be able to gain the technology to be able to let people time travel.
Then next say that there are people coming here from the future, there is the whole think about if the timelines would be anywhere near close etc etc...but lets just say for titors sake that everything is the same in this timeline. Would you not think that the time traveler to be let here knows the implications of time travel? That even touching something in this dimension would shatter the time space continuim. So do you think the time travler would be going around tell random people on the net about how there will be a civil war in america etc? I HIGHLY doubt it.
Simply titor was a guy just like you or me, who read abit about time travel, and physics. Then decided one day to play on people fears to create to me one of the biggest dis-info of the past couple of years.
And people on here think they take conspiracy theories seriously.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by wang
Now i have read most of titors claims

I would go back and re-read it then. As outlined below, you clearly haven't read it fully enough to grasp the most basic concept that he gave people regarding time travel...

Would you not think that the time traveler to be let here knows the implications of time travel? That even touching something in this dimension would shatter the time space continuim. So do you think the time travler would be going around tell random people on the net about how there will be a civil war in america etc? I HIGHLY doubt it.

His infinite timeline theory shatter the concept you mention above.

Simply titor was a guy just like you or me, who read abit about time travel, and physics.

Ok, whether you believe him or not, i would say the guy isn't just some nerd who read up a bit on time travel. Read again his posts (there's quite a bit to get through) - he took on people with scientific knowledge and managed to hold onto his mathematics and theories for the 1 year he posted on the net. If he was fake, i would assume he is more likely to be an already well established science fiction author or something along those lines. You have to give him some credit.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Sorry, I along with many others do not give credit for intentionally trying to decieve the masses.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
id believe in a religion before id belive john titor. i feel for the people who follow such a hoax.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is the same problem I see in so many threads. People are arguing about whether or not they "believe".

Lets all toss "belief" out the window.

This isn't about who to believe and what to believe, or not. It's about the truth. You can believe someone is telling the truth or lying. Whichever doesn't really matter, because that's just your starting point. From whichever starting point you choose, however, you need to remember that you are trying to find the truth in the sea of theories, hypothesis, veiled truths, and known (and unknown) deceptions.

I've read enough of John Titor to have this opinion. I don't believe him. I don't disbelieve him. He has not provided credible proof beyond some reasonable theories and interesting facts. He has not provided adequate evidence to support his assertions.

Thus, why waste time taking a stance on whether you believe him or not? Decide whether his evidence proves his claims. If not, keeping digging.

Didn't we all watch TV in the 90's? The truth is out there.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I believe Titor indicated that the coming Olympic Games would be canceled. That would be most rare and give the believers much to rant about.

But the real truth is that things are f-d up enough that focusing on what might happen in 2012, or whenever, is wasted energy. Enlightenment does not come from focusing on the past or the future, fear does. This is because 99% of the energy we spend on the past or future focuses on what went wrong or what might go wrong. How often when considering your past and future do you truly contemplate wonderous events? More often it's to piss and moan.

But none of that matters because the past and future are figments of your imagination. When is the last time you found yourself in the future? What service or pleasure has contemplating your past brought you?

I do like the box Titor installed in the car though.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Now I personally have read all of the post made by JT. I have also read all the post people have made etc.. I must agree with the person that posted a few days ago, I do believe him and than I don't. No sufficient evidence was provided in order to validate his claims nor any facts to prove he is lying. My only question is to the webmaster of this website or whoever is resposible of maintaning it, now the question is this, with every subscription the server that they use gets the IP(internet protocol) address of the person trying to subscribe to there website. Also all the people the logon to this website, their ip addresses are sent over the internet to the servers of abovetopsecret., or whoever maintains there servers. The owners of this website could of easily obtained the IP address of this person and verified his ISP(internet service provider) and with the ISP could of easily found out any information they wanted in refrence to country, state, city, county and address of the subscribing computer with first and last names of the account holder etc.. This information would #1 help and realize who this person was, where he was accessing his internet from, and might of even been able to discredit or validate certain statements he has made about himself and his family. Further investogation could of been made, even if someone wanted to park in front of the users house and observe them it would be perfectaly legal to do so, as long as it was on private property, without infringing on anyones rights. No one did these things and people were so caught up on the statements that he was making that no one stopped and though to themselves. I am sure there are hundreds of people that regurarly sign on to this site to rant and rave that are from Florida, further more Tampa etc.. Did anyone take the time to look up Titor in your local phone book? Did anyone try and make contact with any Titor's in the Tampa, Florida area? I know I would off, and all this is perfectly legal and does not infrindge on someones rights. Now maybe the owners of this site want to reveal a ip address to me and I will give detailed information that I will post in the IP address and its origin, the subscribers name, address, and even phone #(without of course the last 4 digits for security reason) I could even go as far as investigating this subcriber due to the fact my friend owns a P.I.(private investagator) business. The ball is in the court of the people in charge of this site, unless of course it was them responsible for this hoax to generate more hits, which in turn results in more advertising money, which puts more money in there pockets. I will be waiting on a response.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
john titor is a quack.

I dunno, looks pretty smart to me!

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Come on man, those scans could easily be made up with a cad program. I must agree with you, this guy is no "quack" time traveler or not. But he said his parents would video tape his departure, wheres the tape?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
there are 13 pages in regards to jt years after the original encounter has enyone thought that maybe it could be a warning no not from a time traveler but from someone who has an idea of an ajenda that is currently in the process i for one would not let come to light a subject of a sensitive matter without giving the people who would want to discredit me more than a permenate option although the story writer seems to have disapeared time travel or a loose end but it has gotten you all thinking
it seems that it has come to light that the cia has done some horrendous things in the form of unconfirmed torture to so called terrorists on european soil these alligations have resulted in apparent outrage of the european union if these alligations are in any way supported it could result in a very negative reaction from the eu un and counless others
this possibly resulting in santions and trade embargos could cause an even stronger unrest in the us violence could emerege which could then be said to be terrorist activity seeing it would start most likely in the lower classes first those being the most expendable i would prosume but it would not likely stop there civil war would ensue state and upper class against those who would not could not conforme so it is possible that john titor was a person who knew too much but not enough

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrjenka
Did anyone take the time to look up Titor in your local phone book? Did anyone try and make contact with any Titor's in the Tampa, Florida area? I know I would off, and all this is perfectly legal and does not infrindge on someones rights. Now maybe the owners of this site want to reveal a ip address to me and I will give detailed information that I will post in the IP address and its origin, the subscribers name, address, and even phone #(without of course the last 4 digits for security reason) I could even go as far as investigating this subcriber due to the fact my friend owns a P.I.(private investagator) business. The ball is in the court of the people in charge of this site, unless of course it was them responsible for this hoax to generate more hits, which in turn results in more advertising money, which puts more money in there pockets. I will be waiting on a response.

I am wondering which postings for JT you looked at? He states that John Titor is not his real name. The Mods that were on at the time did have his IP, they checked it out, what they found, they keep quite about. For the privcy of the family, not because it was proof, for or against. I have followed JT from the start. Some say he has been debunked already, otheres say there can not be a solid debunking. and of course there is the timeline, by 2004/5 the civil war must be started. the "Waco type" events, the unrest.

I would have to say that when people read or add into something, they can make it what ever they want, take the Bible for one. The science, they say, is not true. But now the science is becomeing more true every day. I think what folks forget is he was talking about things that already were fact for him. Try to tell some one from 1808 about the jet airplane, or that the first civil war is just around the corner and the events takeing place in that year were the cause.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
does anyone know that the childrens nursery rhyme ring around the rosie was originally meant to describe the black plauge of europe? see how things change over time

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by XPhiles
Along with some physicist at Duke University who thinks he knows how science works in 30 years from now lol. I doubt he could explain how physics could change in 30 years?

The science can not be debunked by Dr. Robert Brown, simply because he does not know the future of science.

You just said a Rocket Scientist (PHD in Physics) is full of crap without a nanogram of reason why. Dr. Brown gives plenty of actual scientific facts as why Titor is full of crap, what's your reason for saying this physicist is unqualified to make the assessment and yet you are?

[edit on 18-11-2005 by saint4God]

there is no way man will ever go to the moon there is no way to create a force with wich to escape the eaths gravity; sounds like somethingt said before?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I was listening to Coast to Coast AM and they discussed Titor in depth over Thanksgiving and they reported that people tried to track him down in Florida but it was quickly discovered that no one by that name existed and in all actuality it is probably a alias.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
has anyone heard the theory that the person claiming to be titor was really a woman?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join