It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor: Hoax

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I don't know which is better. Dr. Brown's discussion on physics or the entertaining remarks about Titor's claims
. Thanks for sharing this here!

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

D) No 911 etc... mentioned. In light of 'the grand scheme' of events (again, if true) why would he care about telling us its particulars? Or, to use his own vernacular, "Why would i tell you about Pearl Harbor, when it is the war itself that is important". I completely agree with the 'timetravellers code'. I would not tell anyone about 911. I would however warn them that the government is corrupt. Again, 911 can be possibly percieved as a 'Waco-Type' event. There are alot of people saying 911 was a setup, bombs placed in the building, structural analysis, airplanes overhead, the timeline involved, the pentagon damage etc...

he mentions it indirectly, he mentions the patriot act.

the problem for me is i want to beleive him.

however, i have thought the country to be close to civil war before i ever heard of john titor.

when waco happened, people generally believed what was on the news.

in the aftermath, the gruesome truth was told. the same could yet happen for 9-11. also, bush is accused by many of cheating in the elections. i dont know if he did or did not, but if it is found out that he did at a later date it will certainly be viewed as a 'waco like event'

finally, did anybody watch the show that was on for the last month called the big hurricane and how the government f'd that one all up? i thought riots were going to break out all over the country.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
If Titor were really a time traveler he could have told everyone about 9-11 in a nonspecific way.

Such as: "A terrorist attack will occur in 2001 involving 4 airliners, 2 buildings will be destroyed, 1 building damaged and a 4th plane will crash due to passenger intervention. " no need to specify country or cities involved. That way no one would know how to avoid being killed.

I still cant seem to find any discussion about Titor prior to late 2003. This is quite odd since he supposedly arrived 3 years earlier. There are alleged transcripts dated earlier than that, but I could make up a similar story, create backdated transcripts of something that occurred in 2000.

Last year I asked these questions and made these comments.

" posted on 9-9-2004 at 03:30 PM
John Titor

Is there any evidence that this socalled time traveler actually posted anything starting in 11/2/2000 and the Spring of 2001? This would be a news article or posting on an active message board with a posting date from that time period or even anything prior to 2003? Anything from 2001 or 2002 would be a start.

Seems as if the evidence consists of "recreated" posts from discontinued message boards which anyone could fake. The earliest posts on this subject seem to be dated January 2003 or later.

I could claim to be a time traveler that went back to 1995 and create a series of fake posts from a discontinued message board that are all dated 1995 by typing them up in MS Word then putting them on website."

No one appears to have responded with any independent links verifying that Titor was being discussed anywhere prior to mid 2003 at the earliest. Nearly all links are discussions after that time.

A message board post dated 2002 would be a good start. If nothing is found, it is likely the John Titor story was concocted in mid 2003 using backdated ficticious transcripts.

Im curious if waybackmachine.org has any records of the original transcipts since it began in 1996 recording the contents of the internet.

I emailed them.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
what if "JOHN" was someone with knowledge of an agenda but uses this as a way to make you think while making himself discreditable so as not to be so obvious

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SOYLENT YELLOW
If Titor were really a time traveler he could have told everyone about 9-11 in a nonspecific way.

Maybe by the time the Russians nuke the cities 911 is the smallest of all concerns. I mean, in his timeline he is fighting a civil war of "rural areas" vs. "cities". The causes are evident in this day and age. I am personally pissed at the powers that be and can see clearly how a civil war might erupt.

I'll err on the side of caution....

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
My favorite book in the series is Mostly Harmless. There John Titor...er.... I mean, Douglas Adams talks about a remarkable concept. Seems in the book there are multiple earths on a single axis. In each earth is a division where different events happen on each. On on earth, it was destroyed by alien ships. The other, still in tact. They followed different "world lines" of sorts. Some of this sounding familiar?

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
My favorite book in the series is Mostly Harmless. There John Titor...er.... I mean, Douglas Adams talks about a remarkable concept. Seems in the book there are multiple earths on a single axis. In each earth is a division where different events happen on each. On on earth, it was destroyed by alien ships. The other, still in tact. They followed different "world lines" of sorts. Some of this sounding familiar?

Yeah, and most of Adams' first rate comedy sci-fi ideas are "nicked" from 3rd rate serious sci-fi. Just like the guy who purports to be Titor. The main difference is that Adams' had more talent in his little finger than this hoaxer has in his entire body, was much funnier, and had a vastly superior grasp of science then the "Titor" guy.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The multi-universe theory is older than Einstein. There are probably thousands of books that incorporate or tell about the theory.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Oh looky there, another book to throw into the mix....

Along with some physicist at Duke University who thinks he knows how science works in 30 years from now lol. I doubt he could explain how physics could change in 30 years?

The science can not be debunked by Dr. Robert Brown, simply because he does not know the future of science.

What else could be thrown into the mix to make the Titor story more less appetizing....

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
sorry i didnt make it through all 12 pages, but heres a question

theres all this arguing about how 9/11 might not be as significant an event to Titor in 2036 so he didn't mention it....

but didn't someone mention that according to him, he was born around 1998 or so? This means 9/11 would have occured during his lifetime, right? In fact, when he came back to our timeline, would he not have run the risk of running into himself?

also this from a link in this thread..

"Titor does state that "something" will happen on April 27, 2004 that's important. I would assume that will be in America, but I could be wrong."

Did something happen on that day?

Yes.

While folks were reading and worrying over discussions concerning numerology and the SEARS TOWER in Chicago,....
... Bush, the U.S. Senate, and House of Representatives passed the re-instatement of the PATRIOT ACT with all additions and amendments included.

The American general public at large, ... for the most part, ... has NO IDEA what was done to their constitutional / civil rights on that day.

What happened was not "extraordinary" from OUR point of view, such as a devastating attack would be.
It was however extraordinary, and an item worthy of note from the future's point of view.
I remember learning in school the dates of important political events....such as the signing of the declaration and whatnot.

this date would be worthy of note from the view point of a visitor from the future who would have been schooled in geopolitical events such as the reinstating of the Patriot Act, in essence maintaining the unparalleled level of power it prescribes to the executive branch of the united states government at this time.

does anyone have titor's actual transcript in which he mentions this date??

[edit on 18-11-2005 by dmband0041]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
Along with some physicist at Duke University who thinks he knows how science works in 30 years from now lol. I doubt he could explain how physics could change in 30 years?

The science can not be debunked by Dr. Robert Brown, simply because he does not know the future of science.

You just said a Rocket Scientist (PHD in Physics) is full of crap without a nanogram of reason why. Dr. Brown gives plenty of actual scientific facts as why Titor is full of crap, what's your reason for saying this physicist is unqualified to make the assessment and yet you are?

[edit on 18-11-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles

Oh looky there, another book to throw into the mix....

What else could be thrown into the mix to make the Titor story more less appetizing....

so the mass of electrons will change in 30 years ? the polarity ?

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hmm,
So what will finally put the Titor hoax to bed? Will we officially be done with it in 2006? I mean, no civil war pretty much sums it up. Game Over, out of quarters.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by informatu
Hmm,
So what will finally put the Titor hoax to bed? Will we officially be done with it in 2006? I mean, no civil war pretty much sums it up. Game Over, out of quarters.

I would be surprised if there wasn't a civil war with everything that is happening these days. The Patriot act is up for a vote to make it permanent. We shall all need to do our parts to make sure that does not happen.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by informatu
Hmm,

imho, there are several obvious dates when the reasonable and rational among us will concede the hoax

1/1/06 and no american civil war of 2005, no organized groups engaged in combat

2/06, winter olympics are not cancelled due to "conflict"

don't forget the 2 billion metric tons he would have had to keep in a suitcase, the polar ice caps are indeed melting, which came out after he stopped posting, and cesium is not what GE is going to be using for atomic clocks in 2036.

cheers

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

don't forget the 2 billion metric tons he would have had to keep in a suitcase, the polar ice caps are indeed melting, which came out after he stopped posting, and cesium is not what GE is going to be using for atomic clocks in 2036.

cheers

I take issue with that claim about the 2 billion metrics tons. That's like saying that PC's would never be in the home since it takes a whole room and a million (exagerration) vacuum tubes to make it run. That was true back when the first computer was created but now true today. I'm sorry but taking that doctors word is as bad as shouting from the rooftops that Titor is real and we should all run and hide from the coming nuclear winter. We don't know either of them are correct.

However, you look at what is brewing in today's world and you find that Titor doesn't sound so silly after all. Constitution almost in tatters, US at war in foreign lands, torture happening in our names....

Hard to discount that we as a society are failing.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by deluded

cheers

I take issue with that claim about the 2 billion metrics tons. That's like saying that PC's would never be in the home since it takes a whole room and a million (exagerration) vacuum tubes to make it run. That was true back when the first computer was created but now true today. I'm sorry but taking that doctors word is as bad as shouting from the rooftops that Titor is real and we should all run and hide from the coming nuclear winter. We don't know either of them are correct.

However, you look at what is brewing in today's world and you find that Titor doesn't sound so silly after all. Constitution almost in tatters, US at war in foreign lands, torture happening in our names....

Hard to discount that we as a society are failing.

can you kindly enlighten us with your credentials to disagree with a physics professor ? If you really beleive, are you stocking up on the supplies JT suggested ? moving to fiji ?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

can you kindly enlighten us with your credentials to disagree with a physics professor ? If you really beleive, are you stocking up on the supplies JT suggested ? moving to fiji ?

syrinx high priest, I would expect that you, as a "debunker of nonsense", would see the true nonsensical nature of assuming that by the year 2030+ we would not have made strides in perfecting particle accelerators or even the ability for time travel given what is happening in science today.

By the way, I was not disagreeing with his professional opinion just pointing out that his professional opinion is based on todays technology. I thought I'd made that clear by making reference to the PC the size of a room but apparently that analogy was lost on you.

Also, I did not say in any part of my post that I "agreed with titor". What I said was that it was hard to discount him given the state of our society. Furthermore, I said "we don't know either of them are correct". Maybe you should read a little more closely before jumping on someone.

One more small point: Your previous post that you quoted in your response stated "...and cesium is not what GE is going to be using for atomic clocks in 2036." How could you possibly know what will and won't be in 2036?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
you really think that in 30 years, there will be drastic changes in our undeerstanding about the mass, size, and polarity or particles like electrons ? And that was just one of the problems, there are cooling issues, energy issues, on and on.

You took issue with the good Dr's conclusions, I'd like to see you make an argument of why his science is wrong. Can you do that ? Thats all I'm asking.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
syrinx, i do not believe the titor story myself, but even i can see the point the previous poster is making. It doesn't matter how many letters after your name you have, or how many books you have written - you can't claim to predict with any accuracy where our knowledge or understanding of science will be in 30 years from now. Isn't that the nature of science - that it is always changing? Don't rule anything out. Some of the stupidist assumptions in history have been made with that attitude (flat earth anyone?)

[edit on 21-11-2005 by paranoia]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join